Pirates vs Ninjas mafia. CONGRATURATION

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Re: Pirates vs Ninjas mafia. CONGRATURATION

Post by JenovaPX » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:31 pm

RichardUK wrote:
Rik wrote:motion to ban Richard from future mafias for being terrible
i won't be entering again, i apologize for stupidly signing up for a game i knew and still know nothing about, but did i win? :lol:
We have resources available to new players. Quite simply that's not an excuse, especially when no effort at all was made on your part. This is a massive problem in mafias in this community where people sign up and make no effort at all. While not pertinent to new players I do urge hosts to remember (when we've had a few more games) that you do have the right to veto or black list players who repeatedly just do nothing or try to ruin things for others. I know we had a ruleset on ONM that if you broke you'd be banned from mafia for a while but for here I think personal judgement is best.

Just a kind of serious point to make because it is something that has ran down so many games that could have been great in the past and most of us are here to at least play the game kind of seriously.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D

Post by Pineapple » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:39 pm

Kappa and Ape have both made mafia guides aimed at beginners, don't be discouraged from signing-up in the future just because you didn't understand this game~

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:51 pm

Just to kind of add on to my previous point but with a positive, it was great to see a game where people did make an effort and the vast majority of people were very involved. We didn't see the village sitting back and twiddling their thumbs, from both SONM and GRcade we had active discussion on who to lynch and who to target, we had multiple people talking to others, gathering what information they can, finding out who to trust. It was a really good game.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:53 pm

Yeah, there were one or two phases mid-to-late game where I thought activity was dying, but people did still post lynches and I assume there was background stuff still happening. Richard was the only real one who let the side down. Also sounds like more or less everyone sent actions in, apart from you know who, which was nice since I've hosted a few games where people haven't used their roles at all despite having useful abilities and being mildly active.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

Qikz

Post by Qikz » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:42 pm

Yeah, I didn't really have much time to post in the thread this time due to just starting work so I apologise to the other robots for that.

It's the same reason I basically let you control everything Kae. I just couldn't keep up with what was going on at all. It didn't help I got home just before the lynch deadline most nights so missed out on voting too haha.

Thanks for running the game Met!

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:58 pm

RichardUK wrote:
Rik wrote:motion to ban Richard from future mafias for being terrible
i won't be entering again, i apologize for stupidly signing up for a game i knew and still know nothing about, but did i win? :lol:
No. However, you've done better than many people on ONM did when signing up to Mafias without knowing anything about them.

Looked like a fun game from the outside. Has helped rekindle a bit of interest in the game from my part so I'll definately look to join the next one.

EDIT: It was also nice to see a non-clue game where pretty much everyone knew what they were doing and nobody was being useless, since that was quite common on ONM. If we keep this joint player-base up then SONM Mafia could have a very bright future.

pokemaniac212
NNID: onetruemaniac
3DS Friend Code: 506939914753
Steam ID: pokemaniac212

Post by pokemaniac212 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:43 pm

At least the night actions prove my extreme scepticism over drumstick hitting all 3 surviving villagers in 5 nights was correct, since only 1 of them was actually hit. I guess the others were claims from someone or other that ended up being trusted.

In terms of the game, I agree almost everyone played well, and it was one of the best games I can remember playing in. I would however say that it was somewhat biased against the ninjas. Two 6 man mafias, a cult and a wolf was perhaps too much for a 31 person game, and it never felt as if the ninjas had a great chance, even if it took a ballsy play by Nick at the end to consolidate the win.

Regarding what scapegoat said about me always making massive posts when I'm mafia, I don't recall the last game he refers to, but in general its something I've started doing more often. I think I made 2 posts of that sort in the GRCade game before last when I was village, and while this one was an intentional play to distract the village and back-up a push to swing the lynch, I would certainly make similar posts as a villager in future.

Also, as a final note, we made a pirate chatango if anyone wants to read it, although there's probably more of Nick and I discussing hearthstone than actual mafia planning. Still, it might give some insight into the game, and in particular the last few days, from our perspective. http://aodwijadnklssoijdnkl.chatango.com/

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Pineapple wrote:Kappa and Ape have both made mafia guides aimed at beginners, don't be discouraged from signing-up in the future just because you didn't understand this game~
thanks for the links i will have a read
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:34 am

pokemaniac212 wrote:I would however say that it was somewhat biased against the ninjas.
Yeah, that was my main worry, but I looked at it from the perspective of the other factions:
Lone Wolf is hard to win as anyway
Both mafias, usually 1/4 or so of the game were each 1/5
Cult had a near 50/50 chance of getting recruits so it was harder than usual.

Also add the fact that there would usually be crossfire between the factions it's actually more balanced than it seems.

Balance is hard and I'm just lucky it worked as it did.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:46 pm

some extra newbie notes
if you get a power with x amount of uses, don't be afraid to use it. if you die your team probably can't benefit from your powerful ability!
if you have a gun that kills people and you are a goodie (vig), night 3/4 is usually a good spot to start shooting because you will probably have a better idea of who to shoot
if someone shady talks to you tell them that you think they are shady if you are getting spooked it makes life for you easier
if someone asks you about your faction chat, send them meatspin or something

Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Post by Decretum » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:00 pm

Joe tells me I am shady all the time
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:23 pm

But you are about as shady as it gets.

Also, I can highly recommend bringing personal grudges into games. Regardless of if you have a killing role. Also, random killing.
<Princess> that's effort

Ape

Post by Ape » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:26 pm

You know who the real Shady one is around here?

This guy...

Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:28 pm

Lynch Ape
<Princess> that's effort

Ape

Post by Ape » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:32 pm

Aren142 wrote:Lynch Ape
I'm afraid that won't work, I'm the secret 33rd player of this game and the Unlychable Ninja.