One Star Movie Reviews *Game Over*

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
IronHide
Steam ID: IronHide1981

Re: One Star Movie Reviews *Round 7*

Post by IronHide » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Nooooooooo, my week is ruined now.

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Re: One Star Movie Reviews *Round 7*

Post by D.J » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Right then, round 7 is now over, and the answers are as follows...

1. The Amazing Spiderman
2. Apocalypse Now
3. Full Metal Jacket
4. Charlie's Angels
5. Wanted
6. Noah

Here are your scores...

Kappa - 6pts
Shio hime - 6pts
IronHide - 6pts
ChaosControl - 6pts
GuitarHero - 4pts

Here's the leaderboard...

ChaosControl - 39pts
IronHide - 33pts
Edd - 25.5pts
GuitarHero - 21pts
Shio hime - 12pts
Fieryice - 10pts
Garf - 9pts
Pokemaniac212 - 6pts
Kappa - 6pts
Pineapple - 4pts
Vtheyoshi - 3pts
Mr. EE - 1pt

Now then, on to round 8...

[round 8 has ended]
Last edited by D.J on Wed May 04, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

D.J

Re: One Star Movie Reviews *Round 8*

Post by D.J » Wed May 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Okay, so that concludes round 8, and the answers are thus...

1. Sucker Punch
2. John Carter
3. Attack The Block
4. Pacific Rim
5. Zombieland
6. Lesbian Vampire Killers
7. Napoleon Dynamite

Here are your scores...

ChaosControl - 7pts
IronHide - 5pts
GuitarHero - 4pts
Vtheyoshi - 4pts

...and here is the current leaderboard...

ChaosControl - 46pts
IronHide - 38pts
Edd - 25.5pts
GuitarHero - 25pts
Shio hime - 12pts
Fieryice - 10pts
Garf - 9pts
Vtheyoshi - 7pts
Pokemaniac212 - 6pts
Kappa - 6pts
Pineapple - 4pts
Mr. EE - 1pt

Now then, on to round 9...

One Star Movie Reviews Quiz: Round 9

[round 9 has ended]
Last edited by D.J on Mon May 16, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

Re: One Star Movie Reviews *Round 9*

Post by GuitarHero » Wed May 11, 2016 7:06 pm

I did alright up to number 3, but after that I wasn't too sure for the most part...

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Wed May 11, 2016 7:46 pm

NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

For my first entry, I think I have done pretty well. Not sure about a couple of them though. Can't wait for the results

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Wed May 11, 2016 8:56 pm

I entered this time so I can beat EE and make him even further down.

I'll probably only enter this once though seen as DJ asked nicely in HDYFRN. Not like I'll get any of the other rounds anyway lmao.

D.J

Post by D.J » Mon May 16, 2016 5:54 pm

Alright, so that's Round 9 over, here are the answers...

1. Inglourious Basterds
2. The Grand Budapest Hotel
3. Her
4. The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford
5. Let the right one in
6. The Shining
7. Kevin & Perry Go Large

...and here are the scores...

IronHide - 7pts
ChaosControl - 7pts
bort - 7pts
SuperWaluigi - 7pts
Vtheyoshi - 5pts
GuitarHero - 4pts
Scapegoat - 3pts

Here's the current leaderboard...

ChaosControl - 53pts
IronHide - 45pts
GuitarHero - 29pts
Edd - 25.5pts
Shio hime - 12pts
Vtheyoshi - 12pts
Fieryice - 10pts
Garf - 9pts
bort - 7pts
SuperWaluigi - 7pts
Pokemaniac212 - 6pts
Kappa - 6pts
Pineapple - 4pts
Scapegoat - 3pts
Mr. EE - 1pt

Right then, on to the next round...

One Star Movie Reviews Quiz: Round 10

1. OMG, I couldn't really make my mind up about this film - was it serious, was it ironic, or was it just plain bad? Whatever, on face value it's rubbish, terrible acting, silly plot, unresolved ending, packed full of stereotypical corny characters (nervous flyer tick, gay air steward tick, grumpy English businessman tick), ridiculous looking plastic snakes, and a particularly nasty brutal unnecessary murder at the beginning to boot. I think if I describe one scene where a passenger takes a leak and a snake jumps up out of the toilet, that's all you need to know really. I did like the opening credits of Hawaiian scenery though before said murder and monotonous plane journey begins!

2. Oh dear, what can I say about this. If you want completely derivative and contrived plots coupled with predictable script and story, then this is the film for you. Imagine the scene - a ship crashes on a planet, which is dark only once in 22 years. Guess when they crash, yup - the day before it all gets dark. And there are nasty aliens which are all predators, and apparently no other life (so what do the predators live on before the tasty humans turn up). To top it all off, once it goes dark, the humans have a psychotic criminal, who just happens to be getting transported on their ship. And guess what - he can see in the dark. Now wasn't that lucky. Predictable and poorly acted. A few special effects does not a sci-fi movie make. I wish someone would tell the film-makers.

3. Who did they pay to write this script? In a Nutshell the story line is as follows: Aliens Appear, we make first contact and then shoot one, we make it better, women scientist helps it escape, Alien (Keanu Reeves) calls the women scientist up for help, She meets him only to find out his plan is to save the planet by removing the human race, she asks why and tells her because we are destroying the planet and its one of very few that can support human life in the universe. Women Scientist now tries to stop him, Killer bugs are then released in swarms to wipe out humanity, Alien then feels guilty and stops them while killing himself in the process, Aliens go home. Other negatives points, rubbish CGI, as others have touched on in previous review the ability to construct a full working lab in one day around the defender alien robot!, Keanu Reeves acting is shocking and thats being nice, really annoying kid who must have got some tips from Keanu and his acting school. All in all more Hollywood trash.

4. The Start - Well its promising, the strange blue lights shooting down to the ground look good - At this stage I thought we were onto a winner. The Party - Here The directors allow us to focus on the acting skills of the main cast. You will find better acting skills at your local zoo in the ape in closure. Invasion - Ok, again for the budget, the CGI looked ok, but you're watching the invasion from a afar, in fact on top of the building (where I should add, all of the filming takes place) so you don't really get any sense of fear or what's going on, just 2 guys on a building...oh and they accidently lock the fire escape and can't get off the top, the tension...wow The Aliens - Like others, they are a cross between Cloverfield, War of the Worlds, Independence Day and Malcolm who pushes the trolleys at Tesco's - You know you shouldn't approach him, but you need that trolley, same sort of thing but instead of trolleys the Aliens have this Blue Light. Mid Way - Ok, Wife has gone to sleep by now and I'm left scratching my nuts wondering what's happening on Corrie (which I hate). So, Aliens have taken a couple of the cast and we have met a couple more, it's at this point we are introduces to the Apartment Manager, thank god he has a set of keys for every door in the apartment! This guy is some sort of Rambo wannabe, he talks the talk throughout the film, he's the kind of guy you would consider pushing in front of a train (he dies by the way...SPOLIER ALERT). The BATTLE - USA, USA, USA, USA, USA - Amazing, they send in all these Drones, about 30+, They don't show you whose controlling them, but they must have a butch of 15 yr old Xbox players hidden away as these Drones are dog fighting, dodging and destroying the Alien crafts, amazing...after all the drones are killed albeit 1 left with the Nuke, he does loop the loops, rolls, gets hit but still managers to release the Nuke...USA, USA, USA, USA...BOOOOM, Down goes the mothership (well one of many motherships).....Thankfully the Nuke is a small one and doesn't quite reach the apartment (yes, they are all still in the apartment)...Rambo is loving this...but WAIT...what's this....The mothership, despite being destroyed in 1000's of pieces, has a trick up its sleeve, It fixes its self like a Huge Terminator 2, all the bits wiggle back together, amazing. The Roof Top (again) - So 2 people left plus some F22 and Choppers, Chopper tries to rescue the 2 but Alien Ape (yes, they have large Alien like Apes that climb tall buildings....HANG ON...Its Bl00dy King Kong I'm watching...I check the button box, nope I'm still watching the same film...So King Kong destroyed the Chopper, then an F22 zeros in on Kong and lets loose with its machine gun, amazing, every bullet misses the last 2 humans alive by inches...but hang, what's this the F22 is down, its crashing...it's going to crash onto the humans.. NOOOOOOOOOOO. Now imagine this, the directors decide to go Slow Mo, F22 bounces (yes bounces) on the roof and over the humans by about 4 inches and crashes into Kong, huge explosion and Kong is dead but Humans Alive! Mothership, obviously upset about Kong's death is now flying over the 2 cast member, Death is a heartbeat away, last 2 humans alive about to be sucked up to certain death, the human race is over...The End WHAT???? - We are now inside the mothership, the Aliens were taking the humans for their brains, but why?..of course, the brains are cut out of the human and put into the Kong's and other crafts which only come alive with a human brain which must mean the aliens are in fact HUMANS...so guy gets his brain put into a Kong, but wait, he still has human feelings and is very annoyed about his new body, he picks up girl (whose pregnant by the way) and starts smashing up stuff, will they escape....we won't know, they decide to end the film here, perhaps a sequel....oh yes please!

5. This film stinks of a film company being surprised by the success of the original and then rushing out a sequel as quickly as possible with scant regard to quality. It is supremely lazy - same formula, new destination (Thailand / Bangkok). All the things you'd expect are there - well - ladyboys - but the story-telling is far worse than the original. There are huge loose ends, it just doesn't flow at all. There's even the obligatory Mike Tyson parody appearance at the end singing Murray Head's "One Night In Bangkok" which I think demonstrates how desperate the writers must have become on this job.

6. A character played by Julia Roberts becomes a Julia Roberts look-a-like to help with a stupid attempt to steal a Faberge egg.... my brain exploded. She even speaks on the phone to the 'real' Julia Roberts, which was beyond idiocy. Bruce Willis, playing himself, makes the most contrived cameo I've seen to help her do it. I've never seen such a stupid film, and I hope I never do again.

7. This film stinks. Ben Affleck takes on the role of a young Jack Ryan and just can't pull it off with his wooden acting. His young girlfriend's acting is even worse. The story itself is quite good and could have made an excellent movie if it wasn't sooooo cheesey. As the other reviews highlight the story revolves around a dirty atomic bomb (Yet another it's not the guy with a few thousand nukes I'm worried about it's the guy with one etc.). Terrorists make it look as though the US and Russia are bombing each other and almost cause another world war (Yawn!). can Affleck save the day? Bring back Harrison Ford or kill Ryan off cos Affleck stinks.

8. This film is an insult to the memories of the people that lost their lives on the Andrea Gail.
The special effects were at first spectacular, but this doesn't stop the movie being a complete waste of time and money. The musical score was highly irritating, repetitive (same couple of bars over and over again) and most of the time so loud, it drowned out the dialogue. The one huge plot hole that no-one has mentioned is - if no-one made it back alive in the end, how does anyone know what was said or done by the crew during the storm? As i said before, an insult to the memories of these unfortunate people. Two words to sum up the movie: ABSOLUTE PAP

Good luck :)
ImageImage

IronHide

Re: One Star Movie Reviews *Round 10*

Post by IronHide » Tue May 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Tough round, had to guess a few.

D.J

Re: One Star Movie Reviews *Round 10*

Post by D.J » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Okay, so as you may have noticed, there hasn't been an update here for quite some time. Unfortunately, i simply haven't had the time lately to continue doing this, and so have decided to bring the game to a close.

If someone would like to continue as a replacement host, then i'll be happy for them to take over, but for now, here are the round 10 answers, and final scoreboard...

Round 10 answers

1. Snakes on a Plane
2. Pitch Black
3. The Day The Earth Stood Still
4. Skyline
5. The Hangover: Part 2
6. Ocean's Twelve
7. The Sum of All Fears
8. The Perfect Storm

Here's how you did...

ChaosControl - 8pts
IronHide - 8pts
SupaWaluigi - 7pts
GuitarHero - 4pts
Vtheyoshi - 4pts
Scapegoat - 1pt

Final Scoreboard

ChaosControl - 61pts
IronHide - 53pts
GuitarHero - 33pts
Edd - 25.5pts
Vtheyoshi - 16pts
SuperWaluigi - 14pts
Shio hime - 12pts
Fieryice - 10pts
Garf - 9pts
bort - 7pts
Pokemaniac212 - 6pts
Kappa - 6pts
Pineapple - 4pts
Scapegoat - 4pts
Mr. EE - 1pt

Thanks for playing, and congrats to CC :)
ImageImage

ChaosControl
NNID: jammydodger1985
3DS Friend Code: 270729914659
PSN ID: jammydodger1985
Steam ID: jammydodger1985

Re: One Star Movie Reviews *Game Over*

Post by ChaosControl » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:02 pm

Whoo hoo! I won something! :D
I am functioning within the established parameters.

GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

Post by GuitarHero » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:09 pm

The only reason I'm third is due to me consistently entering, but I'm not complaining! 10 rounds is a good place to stop anyway D.J

IronHide

Post by IronHide » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:06 pm

Congrats CC, I like how you carried on despite 'leaving' the forum, that's some dedication right there.

IronHide

Post by IronHide » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:06 pm

Double post.