JUMP Mafia | VILLAGE WINS.

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
Shio hime

Re: JUMP Mafia | Day 4

Post by Shio hime » Fri May 20, 2016 11:21 pm

I played along because I had no option. You're welcome though lads.
Scapegoat wrote:Shio,

YAGAMI LIGHT

SERIAL KILLER

After picking up a Shinigami's notebook, known as a Death Note, you gained the ability to kill at will. By writing a persons name in this book, you can orchestrate their death to how you see fit. With this power you're nearly unstoppable, and you've taken it upon yourself to kill all the scum in the world in the name of justice, so that you can rule over a new world filled with only good people. Recently though, a detective by the name of L has taken a shine to you, and has been trying to uncover the truth and put you behind bars. He is an enemy of justice, and must be stopped.

You are the Serial Killer. With your Death Note in hand, you have a multitude of ways you can kill your enemies. Every night, you may choose to kill someone how you see fit. This means that you can choose when they die and how they die. Your Death Note comes with a weakness however, you must know the targets name before you attempt to kill them. You're a smart man, so you may also choose to research during a night phase. By researching a target before killing them, you can ascertain that they are 100% likely to die, no chances taken. If you choose to not research, then you have a 50% chance that your kill will target someone else, and not the person you wanted. Finally, you have another goal, if you manage to outlive L, you will gain access to L's research, meaning that you will no longer have to research targets before killing them. Every kill from that point will be 100% guaranteed.

To use these actions, send me a PM with the following:
Night X: Research [Player Name] // This will research a player to guarantee a kill on them the following night.
Night X: Kill [Player Name] at [Phase Name] by [Method of Death] // This is how you orchestrate your kills. You can manipulate exactly when and how your targets will die.

You are allied with Yourself and win when you are the last remaining player in the game.
Please mark all messages with the words "JUMP Mafia". This is for my folders so I can see eton mess. Thanks.
New page new me.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Fri May 20, 2016 11:26 pm

i wasn't going to lynch shio for being such an upstanding gentleman then i remembered he had me killed in dark souls maf for being too good at dark souls

lynch shio hime
pound shop bill sorenson. | LOOK CLOSER LENNY

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Fri May 20, 2016 11:26 pm

It's all true.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:33 pm

Now is the time for action, we must because the revolt against the true evil. His minions are dead so he has no protection. Lynch Scapegoat
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Fri May 20, 2016 11:34 pm

tbf being a triple agent is hard

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Re: JUMP Mafia | VILLAGE WINS.

Post by Scapegoat » Fri May 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Yagami Light was struck down by a bolt of lighting from above.

With all threats eliminated, the village could rest safely knowing that this would (hopefully) never happen again.

At least until Dio decides he wants to gooseberry fool some eton mess up.

That's game folks, Village wins.

Will post a write up about why this game failed later today or maybe tomorrow. Feel free to post your roles and laugh at how gooseberry fool unbalanced this was. The roles that don't get posted I will post alongside the write up later.

Also feel free to tell me what went wrong and why. I already think I have an understanding as to why this failed, but by all means give me that criticism. Lay it on thick otherwise I'll never improve.

For what it's worth though, I hope you guys enjoyed playing. Despite this failure it won't stop me from hosting another in the future, hopefully next time it'll go much smoother and will be far better balanced.

Thanks for playing!

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Fri May 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Doctoring chat logs on the fly in the middle of the night when you're knackered is a pain in the ass.
Also it sucks when the mafia don't even act on the 100% accurate intel you gave them about everything the village were doing.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

PiGreat
NNID: PiGreat
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5928-1641
PSN ID: PiGreat
Steam ID: PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Fri May 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Scapegoat wrote:At least until Dio decides he wants to gooseberry fool some eton mess up.
aw, thanks bby xo
RichardUK wrote:I don't believe anyone is actually poor in this country
THE ADVENTURES OF A GUY ON HIS QUEST TO BECOME A WEEABOO | BONUS COMMENTARY | RANDOM eton mess[/centre]

Kappa

Post by Kappa » Fri May 20, 2016 11:37 pm

always keep your doggies on a tight leash

MintChocChip
NNID: TSF
PSN ID: 4
Xbox Gamertag: LYF
Steam ID: thelethalgenius

Post by MintChocChip » Fri May 20, 2016 11:39 pm

I must say, the wolf offering himself to mole the mafia was wonderful for us.

Edit: The game didn't seem too unbalanced imo. I think the way the roles fell and the actions of the first night just so happened to set the game up to be over rather soon.
fluffyKittan - He's used to sitting in teamspeak with us where people don't cry when somebody tells you to go drink some H2SO4 for being bad at what you're doing
regg - I entirely surrender to your superior wit.

Troggy
NNID: Ultramegatrogdor
3DS Friend Code: 0989-1858-5244

Post by Troggy » Fri May 20, 2016 11:53 pm

MintChocChip wrote:Edit: The game didn't seem too unbalanced imo. I think the way the roles fell and the actions of the first night just so happened to set the game up to be over rather soon.
Yeah, I agree. The balancing of roles was fine. It was just the first couple of nights that made the game turn out how it did.
SONM Robot Wars
"are you actually braindead or do you just really enjoy batman's penis in your mouth" - Decretum

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Fri May 20, 2016 11:57 pm

Alright a brief write up. Will do a more detailed write up later when I have more time.

I re-rerandomed once. Why? Because the first random had the mafia as Euan, Row, Hoyle, and PiG. That would have been a nightmare. The second random was 100% legit no shuffling. I was content with how the roles fell so I decided to keep it.

Balancing. Masons weren't originally in it, and Producer was originally a mafia role that would have given 1 lynch proof vest. Figured mafia was way too op in this iteration and so I added the 3 masons and made the producer a village role.
If Nick had successfully investigated Shio, he would have been given a 2 shot extra ability that he could use instead of his regular inspect, a role inspect. He would have gotten it night 1 as well but for some reason changed his action.

Change to unicycle was always in the back of my mind and I decided to switch it over after I kinda realised the game was going pretty slowly, on top of that the game was already heavily stacked for the village at that point and it was easy to see who would win.

Shio gooseberry fool the mafia over really early by unblockable killing PiG. Diddy nearly helped the mafia out a great deal by attempting to kill Mint, but was blocked by Row.

Shio gave the mafia an entire list of the village roles which was never used and instead the mafia decided to kill non confirmed villagers.

As Nick said, Jen was shot by unblockable which is why he was never notified. Interesting that our wolf killed both steels with an unblockable kill.

Diddy would have killed AA but on the exact same night AA sent GH to destroy Diddy. As the mafia had priority over the vig, AA was spared until the Day Phase.

I'll write up a bit more tomorrow but that's the basic gist of what went down. Really probably should have given the mafia an extra member at least. 4 vs 17 vs 1 was a pretty bad balance IMO.

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Sat May 21, 2016 12:01 am

Scapegoat wrote:Diddy would have killed AA but on the exact same night AA sent GH to destroy Diddy. As the mafia had priority over the vig, AA was spared until the Day Phase.
n*ce,
pound shop bill sorenson. | LOOK CLOSER LENNY

HassyTheSassy

Post by HassyTheSassy » Sat May 21, 2016 12:05 am

Shio hime wrote:Doctoring chat logs on the fly in the middle of the night when you're knackered is a pain in the ass.
Also it sucks when the mafia don't even act on the 100% accurate intel you gave them about everything the village were doing.
blame AA
:mrgreen:

Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Sat May 21, 2016 12:05 am

tbh, I thought the Producer seemed a bit too powerful for the village. Especially alongside 3 Masons. But could've easily not worked and I was sat here 100% convinced one of the Masons was Mafia. So idk. I'm not really good at this balancing thing. I generally just throw more overpowered eton mess at both sides until I assume it works out.
Scapegoat wrote:I re-rerandomed once. Why? Because the first random had the mafia as Euan, Row, Hoyle, and PiG. That would have been a nightmare.
I would've been fine with that as long as I was Godfather and had the power to send the underlings to kill each other.

And I'm a lot better at playing as Mafia than I am as village. Though probably wouldn't have in this case given how much attention I paid to the game.
<Princess> that's effort

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Sat May 21, 2016 12:07 am

I like to think had the first set been played I wouldn't have looked so bad.
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Sat May 21, 2016 12:09 am

To be fair, I probably would have only killed one of you on the first night for a laugh and to send the village into mass confusion. Then got on with it properly.
<Princess> that's effort

Kappa

Post by Kappa » Sat May 21, 2016 12:34 am

working on the assumption my information is all correct here's some thoughts

doggo (shio) was really weak. slowing down his kill rate hurts it a lot and had no protection. we were incentivised to find the doggo asap tho we thought he could have been on the mafia team. maybe give him one of his workmates and some crossfire protection to make him viable to win otherwise he has to triple agent which is way too hard on one guy to win. existence of the vigilante was his nail in the coffin with nothing to hide behind once we were done killing mafians together (gj on killing both steel roles tho!!)

village was crazy nuts don't let other people tell you otherwise. tracker/watcher(troggy/met) combo is nuts and i was surprised to see both on the village so i suspected met at one point lol, but we had the other baddies more in our sights which worked out. having both triple masons (me/euan/yinga) and twin bomb (rik/corin) and a powerful vig. inspector and producer (it's a reverse of innocent child, crazy power) as well as the 1shot inspect on the joat gave village insane clearing power. we were able to verify bodyguard and vigilante. as much as i wish he didn't die, shoutouts to euan for dying it really helped my claim if i didn't get inspected which i did. as much as i think reliable information gathering is essential to a well run village, 5 investigation powers is way too much and we were p strong in other areas and we even had a hooker. being able to clean 3 people with one inspect is sorta busted

lol wtf mafia while i appreciate you might not have wanted to signal us that you had the game's spreadsheet in your hands or something it's just the same as not actually having the info in practice since we didn't lose anything with the kills you made. you could have strongmanned the cop or some eton mess instead of killing richard who was vanilla at that point. even if the village was in such a dominating position because of the d2 information breakthrough... mafia isn't a single player game lmao. keepin it real tho unless the godfather had disruption to the night phase in his role they really needed a hook and probably another strong role to have a chance to properly fight in the night phase which village had full control of

#tsfkillit
Last edited by Kappa on Sat May 21, 2016 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Sat May 21, 2016 1:01 am

I'm really not a fan of the mayor-type role that announces your innocence. It turns the game into "Everyone just claim to this guy and play spot-the-difference" and completely eliminates the trust issues the game is built around. It's like an even quicker version of follow the cop.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Sat May 21, 2016 1:20 am

In fairness, like 4 people actually claimed to me.
<Princess> that's effort

AlterntiveAntagonist

Post by AlterntiveAntagonist » Sat May 21, 2016 6:35 am

To be perfectly frank, the reason I didn't really act on the list of roles was because at the point we received it there was actually very little we could do. I didn't even want to kill Richy, as while he is very annoying I could tell he was worthless at the point he died, else he would have revealed my role to the thread.

Also I sent GH to destroy Diddy purely because he insulted my poetry. Do not mess.

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:06 am

Scapegoat wrote:Anime,

UMARU-CHAN

CLOSET OTAKU

You are Umaru-chan. On the outside, you're an incredibly popular and kawaii teenage girl, and everyone adores you, but on the inside, you're a massive neckbeard otaku, who only wants to spend all day watching anime and playing games.

You are the Closet Otaku. As you're incredibly popular, everyone loves you and will listen to what you have to say. As such, you begin the game with a double vote, so your lynch will count for two, however, nobody must ever find out about your secret life at home. As such, should you get visited by an investigative role at night time, you will be EXPOSED as a filthy anime lover. This will make everyone hate you, and as such, you will become voteless.

You are allied with the Village and win when all threats to the Village are neutralised.
You have a bonus victory burst. If the village wins the game and you were not exposed, you super super win because well done.

Please mark all messages with the words "JUMP Mafia". This is for my folders so I can see it. Thanks.

Pepsi Supreme
FKA Corin
Xbox Gamertag: Knight Corin
Steam ID: Corin

Post by Pepsi Supreme » Sat May 21, 2016 10:16 am

weeb eton mess wrote:Image

OGA TATSUMI
LOVER

You are Oga Tatsumi. Bound by a blood pact to the demon lords son, Kaiser de Emperana Beelzebub IV, you've been roped into rearing a child that will eventually grow up to exterminate the human race. You don't really like this, but your bond with Baby Beel is strong, and although you don't like to admit it you do care for him, at least when you're not trying to pawn him off onto some other poor sod.

You are the Lover. Due to your bond with Baby Beel, should you die during the night phase, Baby Beel will enter a fit of crying, killing anybody who targets you on that night phase, however, this comes with a catch. If Baby Beel dies during any phase, the blood pact will also take your own life.

As you can only be 15 meters apart from Baby Beel otherwise you will die, both of you are inseparable. Therefore, you have contact with Baby Beel.

The identity of Baby Beel is Rik.

You are allied with the Village and win when all threats to the Village are neutralised.

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Sat May 21, 2016 12:10 pm

KOROSENSEI

BODYGUARD

You are Korosensei. After blowing up half of the moon because you can, you've taken to becoming a teacher, teaching your students the art of assassination.

You are the Bodyguard. You have a strong sense of responsibility towards your students, and as such, once per night, you may choose to protect another player. This will prevent that player from being killed.

To use this action, send me a PM with the following:
Night X: Protect [Player Name]

I enjoyed it. Protected Richard N1 because Kappa said so, the kill count that night verified Kappa's innocence so I just coordinated with him each night on who to protect. Probably would have been more active had it not been exam season so probably a good thing I wasn't mafia.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - George Washington

DiddyJr

Post by DiddyJr » Sat May 21, 2016 10:06 pm

AlterntiveAntagonist wrote:Also I sent GH to destroy Diddy purely because he insulted my poetry. Do not mess.
I 100% believe this, because you're a vindictive liverpool tart.

I honestly thought that I had been completely played when I claimed to Kap and Richy - there was a very brief moment where I suspected Richy of being the Godfather, and that was why my kill had failed Night 2, assuming of course there was night immunity on the GF.

That marks two Mafia's, one where I've been Cop, and another where I've been Vig - and I've managed to do precisely gooseberry fool all before being killed Night 2 or 3. With any luck, I might make it to Night 4 next time.
regg is a tory, pass it on