[Mafia] A Game with a Theme [Town Wins]

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
Shio hime

Re: [Mafia] A Game with a Theme [Cycle 7]

Post by Shio hime » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:03 pm

row101 wrote:
MintChocChip wrote:Hello row101,

Wheezy is an innocent rubber toy penguin with a red bowtie who squeaks when you squeeze him. He often sings in a deep, celebratory voice to all his friends, and is also a nervous wreck.

You are the Silent One. You may not post in the thread until somebody directly mentions your full name - row101, but you may talk in PM. Once your name has been mentioned, you may post, but only by quoting song lyrics. Please include references to the lyrics you are quoting. You will be godkilled if you do not follow this post restriction.

You are aligned with the town, and win when all threats are killed.

Good luck.
Impressed that I managed to win by literally doing nothing aside from a few claims.

Thing is, it had to be my full username that was mentioned, and I couldn't think of a way to manipulate people into posting it without it being too blatant and against the rules. I was considering trying to get someone to lynch me but probably would have been too risky.

I did like the song lyric idea though, would have been fun if I got to use it.
You could have definitively won the village the game by getting yourself godkilled in the last phase as it would have eliminated any uncertainty about who the last mafian was by proving your allegiance.

New page new me.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Re: [Mafia] A Game with a Theme [Town Wins]

Post by Scapegoat » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:23 pm

Wow, I actually survived to the end of the game with my team, that's a first.
MintChocChip wrote:Hello Scapegoat,

Rex, despite being portrayed as a ferocious Tyrannosaurus Rex, is gentle, kind, caring, and hates any kind of argument or confrontation. He also lacks intelligence and is extremely trusting and carefree. His greatest fear is that he will be replaced or abandoned, but he is usually enthusiastic about anything and everything. With his childlike demeanor and lack of self-confidence, Rex is the most innocent of all the toys, and shows the greatest desire to be loved and played with.

You are the Hoarder. Unlike other toys, as you are a ferocious dinosaur, you protect your items. As such, no one can take them from you without your permission. You will receive a PM when someone attempts to take your items, and can grant permission then.

You are aligned with the town, and win when all threats are killed.

Good luck.
So yeah, very quickly, couple of things gooseberry fool over Diddy last phase as opposed to Row. GH, the dreamer, sent me a dream Cycle 5, which was completely blank. This meant that nobody on our side of the village had used an action in Cycle 5. Diddy was not godkilled Cycle 5 and as such must have used an action. Row was also not godkilled however his claim of not being able to post was far more inline with that then a claim of Miller from Diddy which basically sealed his fate.

Nick got gooseberry fool last minute as Chris claimed Woody to me. Cop had not been killed yet and I favoured the premise that Woody was the cop and not the Double Voter like Nick claimed. I figured that Nick might have been a mafia double voter, which would have gooseberry fool us over if he'd have lynched Chris, so I went for the tie and it ended up killing Nick regardless which confirmed Chris' innocence and left the choice between Row and Diddy. Was also pretty obvious as Nick specifically told me through PM that he was suspicious of Row and Chris, but mentioned nothing about Diddy.

Also, I stole your traffic cone and used it the following night Nick. I then searched the Toy Box hoping to get it back again but got some eton mess RC Car instead. Ah well.

All in all enjoyable game, even though I hardly did anything until right at the end.

pokemaniac212
NNID: onetruemaniac
3DS Friend Code: 506939914753
Steam ID: pokemaniac212

Post by pokemaniac212 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:27 pm

MintChocChip wrote:Hello pokemaniac212,

Woody is a loyal toy who has been Andy's favourite toy since kindergarten. Woody is determined, passionate, and would do anything for his nearest and dearest friends. He considers everyone on his good side as a family and he tries his best to keep his family together at all times

You are the Sheriff. Each cycle of the game, you may investigate a player and receive their allegiance. To use this action, send a PM titled as follows:

ToyStory - Cycle x – Investigate [targetname]
Pretty much the most useless cop ever, as after finding Nick phase 2 Shio Hime died at the same time, who I'd found the previous phase but hadn't yet revealed to since I had nothing for him yet. Then after that I forgot to act phase 3, and phases 4 - 6 I repeatedly hit a villager who died that phase. Hence I was forced into the clearly ridiculous reasoning for lynching Nick, as I was trying to avoid revealing myself if I didn't have to, but obviously couldn't let Nick live any longer.

Really well hosted to Richy btw.

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:11 pm

no reason not to claim in mylo tbh

pokemaniac212
NNID: onetruemaniac
3DS Friend Code: 506939914753
Steam ID: pokemaniac212

Post by pokemaniac212 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:19 pm

True enough, just figured I'd stay hidden if the option was available.

DiddyJr

Post by DiddyJr » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Damn, so close. I'll be honest my Miller claim at the end was a bit of a hail mary - you win some you lose some.
Hello DiddyJr,

Al McWhiggin is considered to be very greedy and very funny at the same time. However, unlike Sid, who breaks toys and uses them for scary experiments, or The Prospector, who is just mean, Al is very smart and collects toys in his own kind of way. He never breaks them or throws them around to the point that they lay on the ground broken. Instead, Al sells off the toys after kidnapping them to do his evil plot.

You are the Toy Collector. Each cycle of the game, you may collect a toy from the available toys in the game. There are five different toy types available, and if you manage to collect all five types of toy, you will receive an additional power. Whilst you have collected a toy, you will keep it in your sight, and learn of any actions that involve them. You will sell off the toy after one cycle. To use this action, send a PM titled as follows:

ToyStory - Cycle x – Collect [targetname]

This action can be stopped.

You are aligned with the villains, and win when only you remain.

The villains are:
- Sid – Decretum
- Emperor Zurg – jimbob555
- Al McWhiggin – DiddyJr
- Lotso – Aren142
GG boys, and well done to Richy for hosting, and managing to craft a game where I lasted past phase 2.
regg is a tory, pass it on

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:45 pm

Lynch Hoyle
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:49 pm

honestly i was half expecting Nun to just kill me as soon as I told him what my role was

HassyTheSassy

Post by HassyTheSassy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:58 pm

got myself godkilled by not posting/sending in an action (my own fault, really) so clearly i was player of the game,
:mrgreen:

Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Post by Decretum » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:09 am

No I ate you
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:31 am

Minor disclaimer. Mafia chat was actually on Discord, not Chatango. First experience with Discord and it was infinitely better than Chatango.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

Post by GuitarHero » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:58 am

I enjoyed that, although I forgot to send in my action the first few phases which was a bit stupid of me. I liked my role though, was pretty useful

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:13 pm

Garf wrote:honestly i was half expecting Nun to just kill me as soon as I told him what my role was
Nah because if it was true it'd immediately lead to a mafian the next phase seeing as I was Watcher and as you were open about it I didn't think you would be mafian, maybe a third party but when Hoyle died I was pretty sure you were trustworthy. Also lol at all the people I trusted with the info that Nick was mafian being killed in two phases without mentioning it in thread. I should probably have told GH too but I though 4 people would be more than enough seeing as Nick was supposed to have been being hooked.

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:37 pm

You can't hook a killing machine friend

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Is there gonna be a breakdown of the phases like a spreadsheet or something? Curious to know what happened on a couple of phases, and where all the items ended up.

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:05 am

I ate people and chris inspected me then didn't tell anyone until the last minute.

That is your breakdown

MintChocChip
NNID: TSF
PSN ID: 4
Xbox Gamertag: LYF
Steam ID: thelethalgenius

Post by MintChocChip » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:57 pm

Spreadsheets are below, if anyone wants some clarifications on anything, let me know and I'll get back to you.

http://puu.sh/pyJAj/67a5c96147.png

http://puu.sh/pyJz0/3ad628eaa8.png
fluffyKittan - He's used to sitting in teamspeak with us where people don't cry when somebody tells you to go drink some H2SO4 for being bad at what you're doing
regg - I entirely surrender to your superior wit.