Dota 2 Mafia - VILLAGE WIN!

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
bort

Re: Dota 2 Mafia - DAY 7

Post by bort » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:49 pm

done wit this gooseberry fool game

just completely given up can you tell

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:49 pm

u all suck for lynching me without letting me defend myself.

PiGreat
NNID: PiGreat
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5928-1641
PSN ID: PiGreat
Steam ID: PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:49 pm

finally

i kinda shot myself in the foot asking to be bussed by rik but that's ok

gg ez

tune in next time for danganronpa WHICH WILL HAVE SPOILERS OUT THE ASS BY THE WAY JUST SO YOU KNOW
RichardUK wrote:I don't believe anyone is actually poor in this country
THE ADVENTURES OF A GUY ON HIS QUEST TO BECOME A WEEABOO | BONUS COMMENTARY | RANDOM eton mess[/centre]

HassyTheSassy

Post by HassyTheSassy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:51 pm

Scapegoat wrote:u all suck for lynching me without letting me defend myself.
maybe you shouldn't have namekilled then,
:mrgreen:

Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Post by Decretum » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:52 pm

fun game h u e
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:52 pm

but i wanted to kill nick n1 and I accomplished that

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:52 pm

gooseberry fool you scote you scrote

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:53 pm

:^)

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:53 pm

The roles you never saw...

DECRETUM, THE INVESTIGATOR
"I woke within the seed and saw my destiny, and many were its branches."

Dear Decretum,

You are Nature’s Prophet. A creature born from a seed that the Goddess swallowed before later dying. She was responsible for growing the great woods that most of the conflict takes place. You possess her wisdom and strength, able to call the very forest to your will. You also can travel around it completely at will, using this advantage to identify those who may be a threat to it.

You are the Investigator. By using your teleportation ability you can teleport around the woods, seeing who is guilty and who is not when they least expect it.

To use your ability, please send me a PM titled DOTA MAFIA - Night [x] - Investigate [player]. You will see from this if they are INNOCENT or GUILTY.

You are aligned with the Village, and win if all external threats are eliminated.

FLUFFY, THE GRAVE DIGGER

"No sorcery lies beyond my grasp."

Dear FluffyKittan,
You are Rubick, the Grand Magus. A renowned duelist and scholar in the world of sorcery you became bored with the uninventive attempts on your life as you tossed more would-be assassins off a balcony. Soon you challenged the other Magus’s of the world, turning their sorceries and skills right back against them with your incredible mind.

You are the Gravedigger. Using your Spell Steal ability you may take the ability of a fallen comrade and use it for your own need. Turning you into a vessel for all sorts of tricks.

Once per game you may PM me with DOTA MAFIA - Learn [Dead Players] ability. Keep in mind however that you may only use this on village aligned players who have passed on.

You are aligned with the Village, and win if all external threats are eliminated.
RIK, THE BUS
"I will slake my thirst for revenge."

Dear Rik,
You are Shendelzare, the Vengeful Spirit. You seek revenge on those who took not only your place as ruler but also the beings who made you lose your wings, the sign of pride for your race. Torn from your rightful birthright as ruler you exchanged your mortal body for one of spirit energy to forever hunt down your enemies. Even if it takes eternity. However you fight on the side of the Radiant as you suspect your enemies to be aligned with the Dire.

You are the Bus Driver. By using your Nether Swap ability, once per night you may swap two people around. Any actions directed at ‘Player A’ that night will instead hit ‘Player B’, and vice versa. You however may not use this ability targeted on yourself.

To use your ability, please send me a PM titled DOTA MAFIA - Night [x] - Swap [player1] with [player2]

PEPSI SURPREME AKA CORIN, THE INSOMNIAC
"I have an end in mind for you."

Dear Pepsi Supreme,

You are Nerif, the Oracle. Your story is long. A being imported from a planet to a great race to help foretell the futures of said race. Your prophecies not only seemed to predict what the future might hold, but also seemed to shape it. Many have tried to use their power for their own ends, but none have succeeded.

You are the Insomniac. Looking into your future and past you know why each being visits you. Each day phase you will be told which roles visited you the previous night, but not players.

RAGGERTY, THE BODYGUARD
“I have gazed into the Omniscience, and it has gazed into me."

Dear Raggedy,
You are Purist Thunderwrath, the Omniknight. A paladin of an order that worships the Omniscience, a being which protects the world from cosmic horrors. You questioned your faith once only to have to grow stronger than ever before when you were chosen by the All Seeing One to meet it in person. From this your strength in battle and your ability to protect your allies has only increased.

You are the Bodyguard. By summoning a Guardian Angel you can protect a player each night, preventing them from being killed.

To use your ability, please send me a PM titled DOTA MAFIA - Night [x] - Protect [player]

AND FINALLY

EUAN707, THE BELOVED PRINCESS
"You know what I love? Everything!"

Dear euan707,

You are Aiushatha, the Enchantress. While appearing innocent and carefree you are fully aware of the suffering of the great woods you live within. You seek to protect it from outsiders by using your own skills paired with the creatures of the forest, from the lowly troll to the mighty centaur.

You are the Beloved Princess. On your death the village will be so saddened by your loss the next day phase will be skipped completely, preventing any lynches from happening.

Last edited by jimbob555 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pepsi Supreme
FKA Corin
Xbox Gamertag: Knight Corin
Steam ID: Corin

Post by Pepsi Supreme » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:54 pm

this mafia was inaccurately written and run. nobody will be sad when euan dies

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:55 pm

Beloved Princess wasn't Rylai extremely disappointing and inaccurate hosting ability seth how very dare you

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:55 pm

I have done a write up. Will post maybe later tonight or tomorrow. :)

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:55 pm

we skip the day phase because everyone is out partying

komodo joe

Re: Dota 2 Mafia - VILLAGE WIN!

Post by komodo joe » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:57 pm

real good eton mess losing Cop n1 and then the gravedigger immediately digging Cop and then dying n2
pound shop bill sorenson. | LOOK CLOSER LENNY

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:59 pm

high priority targets get rekt sometimes rip

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 pm

komodo joe wrote:real good eton mess losing Cop n1 and then the gravedigger immediately digging Cop and then dying n2
Yes I laffed. Namekilling is OP.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:01 pm

corin spent about 10 minutes grilling me to try and make me seem mafian just before i died so if bort hit someone else maybe this would have ended differently

dumbass corin
Bucket

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:01 pm

gg village soz for being mostly inactive and basically letting the moreheads chatango play the game for me xoxoxo
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

bort

Post by bort » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:02 pm

i have many regrets and not killing euan before i killed you nofes is one of them

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:03 pm

gg, ez mid

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:03 pm

In fact I'll just post now:

Thanks for the game everyone! It was a lot of fun to run. I hope you felt that my games mastery was up to scratch. Shoutout to Bort and Beansontoast for playing well for their first game. And to any other brand new players.

-------------------------------

Yeah this game was kinda mad. While I won't break down everything that happened I will post some notable moments:

Night 1:

TBM aka THE INVESTIGATOR gets killed. An absolutely crippling move to the village day one. But..

Night 2:

The Gravedigger, Fluffykitten, goes in COMPLETELY BLIND at the risk of losing his gravedigger ability on a missed hit to gravedig TBM's ability. So he becomes cop!

And then he dies. So within two nights both cops are dead. Crippling.
For the rest of the nights Andymck just decimates the mafians. His kills on point and just mowing through them all.

So the award for best village is.....
Andymck!

Just kidding.

But in all respects most of the village played it pretty well. Nothing truly stupid happened. Mafians played it well as did the rest.

Best Mafian:

Honestly while the Mafians gave some good advice I'd say Bort. He wasn't even really in the villages line of sight until right at the end. The other mafians all played with a level head.. Even if "killnickn1" was just a great kill by chance. (;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unused roles

Oh and for anyone who cares. The game was originally had two more roles. Those roles were Puck the Hider and Meepo the Survivor. Meepo had three one night only bulletproof vests. Also Slark could make an additional one off kill, but that was removed.

In terms of the Scepter with Guwuh/Komodo Joe as the upgrader the abilities were mixed. I didn't have a hard and fast for everything but some included: turning the lovers into masons, making the bomb turn into a Flare so he could sacrifice himself to kill a target, the beloved princess getting a martyr ability but if they are killed without using it the beloved princess triggers as normal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things I learnt and observed:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was aware that having a watcher/lookout combo would be powerful. So didn't have it.
I assumed the insomniac wouldn't be nearly as powerful due to only knowing the roles AND not having control. But I think this was perhaps a mistake... But it did pretty much lead the village to their victory. But perhaps that isn't a bad thing.

Good job, Corin. I guess. And wasn't lynched first!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The main point of contention in this game, in my mind, will be one of the nights actions. While I'm sure many will disagree and some will agree I felt it only fair. And I'm sticking with my thought about it regardless.
The night Nintendo Ninja died, he hooked Andymck. I felt though that if you're hooking the person who is killing you it doesn't quite work. In most cases the hooker is always gonna be the fastest role in the game but if the hooker hooks the person who wants to kill them I only felt it fair. I'm not sure honestly if this would of really shifted the tilt of power too much in the end result. A lot of villagers left alive.

I put my hands up to the mistake if people do believe it was wrong. And on reflection I wouldn't do it again in another game.
-------------------------------------------------
Don't see anything wrong with having a bomb and a veteran. Maybe if the veteran was always turned on I saw it that way. But they seemed different
------------------------------------------------------
I don't think masons/lovers should be given their own chat by the game. It made me slip up a few times.
----------------------------------------------------------
Mafia is fun to run! This was my first.
-------------------------------------------------------
When it comes to power level balance, I can't say I learned too much from the game other than what I noted.
-----------------------------------------------------
I was following Kappas guide which stated the prority order of kills to be Wolf > Mafia > Village. And in that guide was linked to a differnt guide that put vig below mafia.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mnm ... 1a6nc/edit

"Kill priority should be: Wolf>Mafia>Vig (shorthand)"
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yBf ... u3Yq0/edit
"Mafia (special) [mfia]
Vigilante [vigl]"
----------------------------------------------------

I gots no regrets. but i am sorry to anyone who thought this was weird. i dont think it was that bad. I enjoyed it!

See you in Pi's mafia!

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:06 pm

The main point of contention in this game, in my mind, will be one of the nights actions. While I'm sure many will disagree and some will agree I felt it only fair. And I'm sticking with my thought about it regardless.
The night Nintendo Ninja died, he hooked Andymck. I felt though that if you're hooking the person who is killing you it doesn't quite work. In most cases the hooker is always gonna be the fastest role in the game but if the hooker hooks the person who wants to kill them I only felt it fair.
common variant is that if hooker hits wolf, wolf redirects and kills hooker no questions asked so it works

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:07 pm

danganronpa mafia more like dangannothappeningforagoodfewgames mafia

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:08 pm

jimbob555 wrote:The main point of contention in this game, in my mind, will be one of the nights actions. While I'm sure many will disagree and some will agree I felt it only fair. And I'm sticking with my thought about it regardless.
The night Nintendo Ninja died, he hooked Andymck. I felt though that if you're hooking the person who is killing you it doesn't quite work. In most cases the hooker is always gonna be the fastest role in the game but if the hooker hooks the person who wants to kill them I only felt it fair. I'm not sure honestly if this would of really shifted the tilt of power too much in the end result. A lot of villagers left alive.

I put my hands up to the mistake if people do believe it was wrong. And on reflection I wouldn't do it again in another game.
If I'm tryna shoot a ho and she offers me the poos then I'm gonna take the poos

then shoot the ho.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:09 pm

Well I'm feeling less worried about that now. :)