Shin Megami Tensei Mafia- True Demon End (Chaos Win)

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
Nintendo Ninja

Re: Shin Megami Tensei Mafia- Phase 3

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Punish the chaos faction for deadposting please.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:01 pm

punish the kkk faction please

PiGreat
NNID: PiGreat
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5928-1641
PSN ID: PiGreat
Steam ID: PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:02 pm

punish me daddy
RichardUK wrote:I don't believe anyone is actually poor in this country
THE ADVENTURES OF A GUY ON HIS QUEST TO BECOME A WEEABOO | BONUS COMMENTARY | RANDOM eton mess[/centre]

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Re: Shin Megami Tensei Mafia- True Demon End (CHAOS WIN)

Post by Garf » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:26 pm

The few that remained had the occasional scuffle until two of the survivors turned to face a misplaced floating yellow head. With a Freikugel and an Andalucia, the dissenter had died

YHVH aka PiGreat was lynched
Dear PiGreat

You are YHVH, God of Judeo-Christian religions and the leader of the faction of Law. In your madness, you believe that humanity should exist solely to serve and worship you. Additionally, you are locked eternally in your battle with the forces of Chaos, led by fallen angel Lucifer. As such, you are the Law Godfather. Every phase, you can choose one of your fellow Law players or yourself to kill another player by PM'ing me Phase X: Send X to kill X. Additionally, you can appear in many avatars to humanity, making you appear Neutral if you are searched.

Your Law Ally is:

Kappa- Law Judge (Satan)

You will win when all non-Law players are killed. Your safe claim is Nanashi.
The last other survivor looked at the dead god, then realised the other two were coming for him. He didn't last much longer, falling to the ground.

Aleph aka Met was killed
Dear Met

You are Aleph, a young gladiator with aspirations of living in The Centre. Over your journey, you discovered the forces of Law had destined you as their messiah. With your legendary fighting skills, enough to take on gods, you are this games Neutral Vigilante. Every phase, you can PM me 'Phase X: Kill X' to kill your target and eliminate them from the game at the start of the next phase. You can do this three times in total.

You are aligned with Neutral and will win when all threats are defeated.
From the Yamato Perpetual Reactor, the expanse flooded demons into Tokyo, destroying the last humans that lived there. And with no angels left to guard Purgatorio, the Eastern Kingdom of Mikado soon fell to the demonic hordes. Two fiends stood on top of the castle, looking for their next target; the Great Will...

GAME- CHAOS WIN!
Dear JenovaPX

You are Matador, one of the many Fiends. In life, you were a matador who felled many opponents in battle. In the vortex world, you were known as a grim reaper in the Great Underpass of Ginza, preying on the manikins there. Among your fearsome arsenal is your red capote, which massively increases evasion of its target. Using this to buff your allies, you are the Chaos Fiend. Every night, you may PM me 'Night X: Buff X' to increase their evasion. Whilst under your protection, they will avoid all other roles that may visit them that night. You cannot buff the same person two phases in a row.

Your chaos ally is:

Scapegoat- Chaos Godfather- (Lucifer)

You are aligned with Chaos and will win when all non-Chaos players are killed. Your safe claim is Kazuya Minegisha
Dear Row

You are the Demifiend, a being that is neither human nor demon created by the machinations of Lucifer. Stuck in the Vortex world, unable to create a Reason to recreate the world with yourself, you are able to follow a reason of a Human stuck in the world with you. You can follow the Reason Shijima, Musubi or Yosuga. Depending on the Reason that you pick, you will gain new abilities. This makes you the Neutral Destined of the game. Once in the game at any point, you can PM me 'Choose Shijima/Musubi/Yosuga'. You will then be told what your new power is.

You are aligned with Neutral and will win when all threats are defeated.
Choosing a world of isolation and peace, the Demifiend gains the one use power of Gravedigging. At any point of the game, you may choose a player who has died and take their role. You will also gain their alignment if you so wish to choose a Non-Neutral role
The Demifiend inherited the malice and power of Lucifer

You are now the Chaos Godfather. Every phase, you may send one of your Chaos aligned Demons to kill any target of yours. To do this, PM me 'Night X: Send X to kill X'.

You are aligned with Chaos and will win when all non-chaos players are killed

Your mafian Ally is

JenovaPX- Matador (Chaos Buffer)

Actions

Phase 0:

Regg started as he meant to continue with no actions whatsoever. Same could be said for Scapegoat who also forgot to send any kill in for Chaos
Met opened his killing spree by killing Jimbob, whilst Nun aimed at Kappa. Pi sent Kappa to kill Jenova, but unfortunately, Jenova was buffing himself and survived the kill
AA hooked Pi, whilst Shio switched Scapegoat and Decretum. Decretum investigated Shio
Row chose Musubi, then sat on his gravedigging role until later

Phase 1:

Regg continued to do nothing, whilst Nun decided to try and kill Decretum
Shio bussed Decretum and Rik, whilst AA tried to hook Shio. (I made the call that bus had a higher priority than hooker, so it fell through. In retrospect, probably not the best call but god damn did the village need some help)
Both Met and Scapegoat went to try and kill Shio, whilst Pi went to kill AA and Jenova protected Scape
Decretum forgot to investigate anyone, meaning his bit of luck here went completely wasted

Phase 2:

Decretum attempted to investigate Scapegoat, but was killed by Met
Nun tried to kill Scapegoat, but in the process, got double teamed by both Pi and Scapegoat, killing him in one. Jen proceeded to buff himself

Phase 3:

Row finally gravedug Scapegoat, taking a fairly even battlefield and skewing it back to Mafia. Game ended before any other actions could take place

What a naff game, never before have I seen such a eton mess village. Law got shafted by an early kill, but Pi managed to play it fairly cool until the last phase, which could have gone either way until Row made his move. Nun got unlucky, with his bpv being spent and then immediately killed. Chaos barely had to do anything to win

PiGreat

Re: Shin Megami Tensei Mafia- True Demon End (Chaos Win)

Post by PiGreat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:28 pm

I gooseberry fool memed myself to death

Damn kids
THE ADVENTURES OF A GUY ON HIS QUEST TO BECOME A WEEABOO | BONUS COMMENTARY | RANDOM eton mess[/centre]

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:45 pm

I was expecting my buff to have done nothing, good to know it came into some use at least
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:59 pm

Player of the game:

Row for gravedigging me and leading Chaos to victory. What a curveball.

Best tag team:

Me and Pi for double murdering Nun.

Worst player:

Regg for not playing.

Biggest idiots:

Me and Nick for not using our actions like retards.

Biggest namekill:

Me and Met double murdering Henry.

Worst defence:

Me and Hass.

Best villager:

Nun for killing 2 mafians.

Best mafian:

Row for backstabbing the village in the final phase.

HassyTheSassy

Post by HassyTheSassy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Scapegoat wrote:Player of the game:

Worst defence:

Me and Hass.
no, just you. i should have claimed way earlier tho

all this game proved is that double mafia with a small player pool isn't a good idea. when you have a small village being flanked on three sides - by a mafia faction, another mafia faction, and a wolf - then the village losing is an inevitability.
:mrgreen:

AlterntiveAntagonist

Post by AlterntiveAntagonist » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:12 pm

this game proved that mafia hosts are dumb and im epic

Garf

Post by Garf » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:14 pm

I agree completely, but the village might have stood a chance if they actually did something.

in fact, until Row gravedug the Godfather, Village were entirely in the running for winning

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:18 pm

The defense of "I wouldn't do that but you would" is pretty awful though really.
Destiny is Destiny.

Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Post by Decretum » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:21 pm

No bg? niiiiiiiiiice
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:28 pm

Perfect game by me tbh.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

HassyTheSassy

Post by HassyTheSassy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:32 pm

Garf wrote:I agree completely, but the village might have stood a chance if they actually did something.

in fact, until Row gravedug the Godfather, Village were entirely in the running for winning
yeah true

also jenova, since the original charges against me were based entirely on conjecture over who on the player list would namekill certain players, i'm not entirely sure how else i was supposed to defend myself (beyond claiming earlier, which i admit i should have done). if your accusers are using player behaviour to determine suspects then citing your record in previous mafia games to defend yourself is completely reasonable, i'd have thought?
Last edited by HassyTheSassy on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:mrgreen:

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:34 pm

i'm sorry that win breaks the canon that is not how tde goes
What a naff game, never before have I seen such a eton mess village. Law got shafted by an early kill, but Pi managed to play it fairly cool until the last phase, which could have gone either way until Row made his move. Nun got unlucky, with his bpv being spent and then immediately killed. Chaos barely had to do anything to win
maybe you should not have featured a retarded alignment switch and massive kill power in a 12 player game. i get the whole "it's not meant to be balanced thing" but there's bigger reasons this game didn't end up the way you want it than the quality of plays made
Last edited by Kappa on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:40 pm

tbh it was more so the lynch onto me.

the vote was tied until you lynched me so you could have made yourself less suspicious by just not lynching because at least then you can not be a hypocrite.

because you lynched me you ended up looking sus as gooseberry fool, claiming that lynching based of personal connections was dumb and then proceeding to lynch me due to personal connections even though the vote was tied was a bit bizarre. I was convinced you were law, jen was as well.

yeah citing previous games is a reasonable defense against something that's tricky to defend against, it's probably one of the only options you really have in that situation, but I don't think it was necessary to lynch me in that situation. Sure, I did end up being mafia by chance but you didn't really have anything against me in order to justify your lynch on me.

I'm not saying my defense was any better, cause it really wasn't, we were both looking sus af.

Kappa

Post by Kappa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:55 pm

with no proof generated by testimony or night actions, sonm goes to the most tried and tested form of mafia debate: the wine in front of me

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:59 pm

Pretty much
Destiny is Destiny.

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:16 pm

This was fun, thanks for hosting.

Honestly, I was just waiting to get a fun role but then godfather came up suddenly which was pretty much perfect. It wasn't planned or anything, I was trying to help the village earlier on.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - George Washington

Garf

Post by Garf » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:44 pm

Kappa wrote:i'm sorry that win breaks the canon that is not how tde goes
maybe you should not have featured a retarded alignment switch and massive kill power in a 12 player game. i get the whole "it's not meant to be balanced thing" but there's bigger reasons this game didn't end up the way you want it than the quality of plays made
I mean, the thing that I didn't expect was the absolute no effort given by the village. I was expecting a short game with lots of deaths, but I was expecting the Village to still be able to grill the mafias. But since there wasn't even any attempt to figure out a lynch during the phases, a vig and a gravedigger who only wanted to kill people regardless of alignment and a watcher who didn't do anything all game, village loss was 100% inevitable, even with the situation before Row's move (outside of a lucky final phase and winning on a 'who lynches first'). Even then, the alignment switch at least made me laugh when it happened

also, it's close enough to TDE

who knew the Matador was really behind it all?

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:01 pm

There wasn't zero effort by the village. Nick and I were going to do something then he didn't send in his inspect, we couldn't get the snipe in day 1, and I got killed. So RIP.

Also
>no BG in a game with 3 kills a night at least
>Cop in a game where 40% of guilties inspect as inno
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:10 pm

are we getting serious about mafia again

come on guys

Kappa

Post by Kappa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:17 pm

oh eton mess it's a mafia game better not think about it xd

i'll stop being serious when i stop laughing whenever i think about that massive rant

AlterntiveAntagonist

Post by AlterntiveAntagonist » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:04 pm

all i wanna know is just what was on the cutting room floor?

Garf

Post by Garf » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Isabeau was originally the Hooker, whilst Space Marine was a detective who identified what game was its target was first in (i.e. searching Space Marine would show Strange Journey)
Masakado- Bodyguard
Jack the Ripper- 3rd Mason
Vincent- Deep Sleeper (All actions used on him fail, kill actions have 50% accuracy on him)

Metatron- Law Assassin
Kagutsuchi- Law Moon Phase (Every even phase, can hook another player, which also silences them for the phase after that. As tradeoff, is unable to kill on even numbered phases)

Beelzebub- Chaos Poisoner (One turns action would be planting the eggs, then at any point, the chaos could say 'hatch eggs' and kill the target
Mem Aleph- Chaos Janitor (learns identity of whoever killed too)