Forum Games Central

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Re: Forum Games Central

Post by Aren142 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Always accepting new players in SONM Emblem. With Fire Emblem Fates being released in Japan this week, I've updated the game to be a bit more in line with that and added a couple of classes inspired by it.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:00 am

Dunno if anyone's interested, but I'm planning on running a post-apocalypse survival game soonish. Main concepts would include factions resources and choosing between people to save a la Telltale's Walking Dead games.

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Super Fighting Game Quiz has now opened, with the opening round being Super Smash Brothers

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:52 pm

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist wrote:Dunno if anyone's interested, but I'm planning on running a post-apocalypse survival game soonish. Main concepts would include factions resources and choosing between people to save a la Telltale's Walking Dead games.
This sounds interesting

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:43 pm

So, I've been thinking of bringing back the old "Name That Video Game Tune" quiz from the ONM days. But with a slightly new format for the new forums.

The main difference being that instead of hearing the whole tune, you will only hear a small exerpt from it. The latter series of NTVGT often saw questions answered quickly as people just simply searched on Youtube for the tunes until they found the correct answer. At the same time though I was also considering that with this compromise as to whether to up the amount of tunes released each time, due to them being samples. Sticking with the 25 round format, there would be 125 different tune samples per leaderboard before it's all reset again. So each round's video will have 5 tune samples in it, and answering the questions will be changed to private messaging, with the scoring system changed to simply being a point for each correct answer, but you're only allowed to submit 1 PM

I want to get people's thoughts on this though. I think it would be more interesting and slightly more like the original "Name That Tune" if you didn't hear the entire song, but at the same time I accept that people liked the old NTVGT format on ONM and that this might sound like things are changing too much.

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:50 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
ABoxerWhoIsPacifist wrote:Dunno if anyone's interested, but I'm planning on running a post-apocalypse survival game soonish. Main concepts would include factions resources and choosing between people to save a la Telltale's Walking Dead games.
This sounds interesting
Thabks, means a lot. Any advice/criticism would be welcomed. I spend a lot of time just theorysing what I would consider to be the perfect videogame and more often then not I lean towards survival because you can have action, drama, tension and suspense easily enough. Other features in the game would include stuff like in ZombieU you have to retrieve your kit if you die. I'm not giving much atm because a lot will be tailored towards how many players, therefore how many factions (most likely 3) will be involved.

@Ape I personally am not interested in listening quizzes, but your proposed changes sound like they could theoretically work. I say go for it, many would be interested.

Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Post by Decretum » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:13 pm

Sounds like a good change to refresh the series. Opens up a lot more room for potential guest inputs like previous series if there's a high demand. Would definitely take part
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

Ape

Post by Ape » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Hopefully the changes prove successful.

As people may have noticed, I'm not as active on SONM as I was on ONM between 2010 to 2013, when NTVGT ran. This is due to many different circumstances, so it would be easier for me if NTVGT changed to a new format and for it to be a weekly quiz, rather than the elaborate quiz it was before where I gradually gave out clues with everyone trying to answer the same question.

I'll look to create the thread sometime over the weekend and get the first batch of tunes up in time for then. Although, I may change it to 10 per round in order to make it a worthwhile weekly quiz. And of course, Rounds 13 and the last one will remain as ultra hard rounds where some really obscure tunes are picked out and plucked together.

Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Post by Decretum » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Also worth noting one of the cons I found with the series previously was the fact that a tune could go up at the wrong timing for you and since the points were basically first come, first serve, you could potentially miss out on easy points. This new system avoids this pretty well too which is p cool
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:09 pm

Because I'm going to Irish College I'll probably starting up my thing start of next month.

Dix
PSN ID: zXEpic-ToxicXz

Post by Dix » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:44 pm

Been working on a new Pokémon game these past couple of weeks. Made it a different concept to usual Pokémon games in that it starts in a world set in the future 20 years after Pokémon battling has been made illegal.

It'll be played in chapters, 5-6 players and set in completely fictional settings that I've constructed. Will play out like a decision making RPG as well, and you'll be as a group at least initially. I'll post here again with more details as they come, but ETA for the game is at least at the end of the month.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:34 am

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist wrote:Because I'm going to Irish College I'll probably starting up my thing start of next month.
Just clarifying the most likely starting date will be the 4th, unless I get internet. Will post it before I leave, which should be between 15th-25th.

TheImprobableOne

Post by TheImprobableOne » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:09 pm

I've heard not much has changed since I left.

...So does that mean people still like zombies?

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:31 pm

TheImprobableOne wrote:I've heard not much has changed since I left.

your username feels vaguely familiar have we spoken before
#ff Garf

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Fabong wrote:your username feels vaguely familiar have we spoken before
That seems unlikely if not improbable.

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:19 pm

No we hate zombies, leave and never return.

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Hey! Zombies are dead cool!
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

TheImprobableOne

Post by TheImprobableOne » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:32 am

Fabong wrote:
TheImprobableOne wrote:I've heard not much has changed since I left.

your username feels vaguely familiar have we spoken before
Oh hey KK, I didn't recognise you with the new name.
Pineapple wrote:No we hate zombies, leave and never return.
Smelly.

Ape

Post by Ape » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:02 am

Got a vacancy available in the SONM Football League if anyone's interested. It's a league on an online football management game website called Xpert Eleven where you manage the day to day running of a team and compete against other SONMers (and other managers not on the forum) in two games a week.

You don't even have to have much football knowledge to play the game, in fact in some ways it's quite similar in metagame to competitive Pokemon.

I'm also advertising elsewhere so be quick if you want to join.

Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Kinda been thinking that I let SONM Emblem die and whatnot. In the end, a full campaign was probably a bit much to be asking for. The investment and commitment to it was probably my downfall. I don't want the game to go to waste though and want to figure out a way of having a much shorter version where people can play whenever opposed to the long term thing where people eventually dropped out. I'm thinking some kind of Versus mode with two teams controlled by players taking turns and trying to either rout the other team or just reach a capture the flag type objective. Would probably use Level 1 promoted units and give a wide selection of weapons and such. Might also think about skills in a way similar to FE 9/10 where when you sign up to a Versus game and select your class, you can also select a number of skills as long as their total cost adds up to the skill capacity or less. So better skills would have a higher cost and so on. Gives a bit of added variation to character creation and might add some replay value as you'll hav new classes and skill sets to explore in future games.
<Princess> that's effort

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Somewhat tempted to make an RPG based around mechs a la Zoids, Xenogears or Gundam. Probably be single player campaigns (similar to Garf's magical girls where you're largely independent) with two sides that you can choose between. NPC, team and PvP based combat with less of a leveling up focus (although still present) and more of a focus on mechs being customisable and lootable parts. Thinking of taking Xenogears combat system of having x energy per turn to fill with moves with x energy consumption.
Last edited by JenovaPX on Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Don't know much about those games, but mechs are always a good thing.
<Princess> that's effort

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:36 am

JenovaPX wrote:something something ZOIDS something something
yes pls

I want an exact replica of the Gun Sniper Leena Special

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Well yeah, I mean that's obviously a starting class 9.9

If people have a preference for any particular franchises I'm happy to skew things towards them, if not I'll probably try to balance it out with different types of mech. This is definitely not me making an excuse to binge watch stuff.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:56 pm

I would like my mech to have drills pls