Super Greatest Hit <Here Come The Bells>

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
TheImprobableOne

Re: Super Greatest Hit <Ready 2 Rhumble>

Post by TheImprobableOne » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Week 1: Record cover: ELO - Livin' Thing
Week 2: Record cover: David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
Week 3: Record cover: Redbone - Come and Get Your Love
Week 4: Record cover: Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes

Might as well try and rush an album quickly. I'll probably do some original songs next week.

Fabong

Re: Super Greatest Hit <Ready 2 Rhumble>

Post by Fabong » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Today's Song Of The Day- Zor And Zam [The Monkees]

Excerpt from Pop Monthly-

COVER- NEW SINGLE FROM THE SILVER QUARRYMEN
Pg 2- SQ Single
Pg 5- Up And Coming
Pg 7- The Great Metal Pilgrimage?
Pg 9- ImPA. CT dot CoM
Pg 12- La French Photoshóot
Pg 13- Spaced Out Photoshoot
Pg 19- Super Starduster's Pyramid Photoshoot
Pg 23- Dis Mah Jam In Pictures

Silver Quarrymen Release New Single

The Silver Quarrymen have released their newest single, I Am The Waitress b/w Hello, Get Lost to rave reviews despite the new psychedelic overtones present in their music. Is this change in direction going to work in their favour? Only time will tell.
Up And Coming

Several record labels have reported a large influx of newly signed acts. Perhaps this heralds a new golden age for the music industry.
The Great Metal Pilgrimage

Large billboard signs have been rented across the country simply stating "The Great Metal Pilgrimage will begin shortly." What does it mean? Looks like something is about to go down.
ImPA.CT Webpage

A brand new band's webpage has been linked to iTunes' 'New Artists' section, revealing an interesting new act known as ImPA.CT. We can only guess how this is supposed to be pronounced or whether the camel-case has any actual significance but surely the story behind this name will be revealed in time.
[/i]

---

A short one to start with, but then nothing's really happened yet. This post wraps up January 2015 and kicks off February. Nobody should worry if they miss a phase or two, it'll be fiiiine. No event actions this time.
#ff Garf

Xenoblade Hero
NNID: XenobladeHero
3DS Friend Code: 189115095006
PSN ID: Xenoblade Hero

Re: Super Greatest Hit <GrEAT.est HiT>

Post by Xenoblade Hero » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:15 pm

Week 1-2 - Record "The Great Metal Pilgrimage"
This song is produced with, once again, all members of the band contributing to the harmonies at various points within the song (particular emphasis around the end of the song when the band are re-enacting a metaphorical "journey" through their musical career. It ends with comedy, suggesting the band will end up old, rich and famous but "Still performing for the fans... of course". Time signature is 3+4/4 time until the chorus to keep the piece frantic, interesting and constantly progressing musically, but changes at the chorus to a more consistent 4/4 to emphasise stability on the vocals and what's actually being said. Duration of the track is around ten minutes long
Week 1-2 - Release Single - "The Great Metal Pilgrimage b/w The Trees (Cover)"
BGO Weekly Nights- They're (Not) Back (Yet)!
Youtube Nugget Bridge

Overall ONM Hunger Games Champion and winner of The ONM VGC Tour

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Week 1 & 2- record song- Named Origin this explains the bands journey. Starts off slow and relaxing, builds up slightly in the middle, it then kicks in towards the end being more exciting and joyful. Around 4 minutes long.
Week 3- record a cover- Radioactive Imagine Dragons
Week 4- photoshoot.

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Re: Super Greatest Hit <Sign-Ups>

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:01 pm

1. Publicity
2. Photoshoot
3. Record cover-Wagon Wheel (Nathan Carter)
4. Finish recording song

Drakeknight

Post by Drakeknight » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:24 pm

1+2 - Record Song: Rock the Night (Loud, energetic track about the merits of loud guitars and a carefree attitude, specifically at night-time)
3+4 - Release Single: Thunderstorm b/w Rock The Night (Cover art is the band posing in silhouette atop a cliff, lit from behind by a fork of lightning)
"Once wrote a lesbian fanfic involving me and Sir Bowser. It was kinda hot." - Wrathy, on Drakeknight
Buy my eton mess.

slorp

Post by slorp » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Weeks 1 & 2: Release single - Space Girl b/w Let's Stay Together
Weeks 3 & 4: Publicity Band performs Space Girl in various different styles often devolving into heavily improvised 10 minute + jam type things atop the building of Fuego Musica HQ for prolonged periods of time. Periodically Julia shouts at passersby telling them to buy the single. Information about the band and single is plastered on the building. They also play Let's Stay Together a few times.
I did those descriptions from last month/day.

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Week 1 - Record cover - Under the Tide: Chvrches
Week 2 - Record cover - Jolly Holiday: Sherman Brothers (performed by Dick van Dyke and Julie Andrews in the Film: Mary Poppins) - The lyrics ‘Mary’ and ‘you Bert’ have been replaced with ‘Maude A’ and ‘you Rob’: The song was given a massive overhaul with only the speed and lyrical layout staying the same. Very hard stomping, dark electro take on this family favourite. For the purposes of artistic merit Lizarazu have struck a deal to name their version as 'Underneath Your Blood is Blue' with this lyric featuring heavily throughout the cover. Applauded by the top brass in Walt Disney and several signed pics of Julie Andrews were sent to the band.
Week 3 & 4 - Release single - Jolly Holiday (Underneath Your Blood is Blue remix)(cover of the original song from Mary Poppins) -- B Side: Bullet Proof (straight cover - original by La Roux)

Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:20 pm

Week 1 and 2 - Record New Song - The Rising
Beginning with a thumping drumbeat that is quickly joined by an energetic guitar riff, The Rising has a rebellious, angry tone with lyrics to match, the chorus being "You can't keep us down / This apathy is dying / You can't win us round / You can't stop us now, we're rising" with Sally screaming the first and third lines and Steve singing the second and fourth. Steve takes the lead vocals for the rest of the song. Derek brings an electronic breakdown after the second chorus before the track drops back to the original drumbeat on its own. Steve softly sings the first three lines of the chorus before the whole band yells the last line, and Eric brings a frenetic solo that sees out the remainder of the song.
Weeks 3 and 4 - Publicity - The Survivors travel around Yorkshire and busk in various town centres, donating the money they earn to any charity workers who happen to be nearby. On the final day in York they debut The Shape of Things to Come and finish on Survive.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:43 pm

Week 1- Cover Song- Lyla (Oasis)
Week 2+3- Publicity- Talking to a magazine about upcoming album
Week 4- Cover Song- Feeling Good (Muse)

KingoftheSocks
PSN ID: KingoftheSocks
Steam ID: chronofighter

Post by KingoftheSocks » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:58 pm

Sorry for the inactivity been out a lot recently

Week 1 Record a Cover - Hey Ya!-Outkast

Week 2 Publicity

Week 3 Publicity

Week 4 Record a Song- Going Out -
Simple 4 chord song, changing up the pace with a slower verse into a faster chorus. Lyrics about a girl that the song's POV fancies and how he wants to ask her out but can never bring up the courage to do so
Last edited by KingoftheSocks on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Credit to liberal for this snazzy sig

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Week 1: Record cover "G.R.8.U" (VIXX)
A "band cover" of the original that shows off the ImPA.CT's instrument skills. The song was suggested by resident fanboy Jett who was just a little bit excitable during recording.
Weeks 2 & 3: Release single "Breathe" b/w "G.R.8.U"
Week 4: Photoshoot- ImPA.CT's debut photoshoot, concept includes members wearing oxygen masks.

Chu

Post by Chu » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:00 pm

Oh my god, I'm so glad this is back! :3

Code: Select all

Username- Chu
    Artist/Band- Charli
    Genre- [Pop]
    Bio- Charli is a singer songwriter who is starting to come to fame through her youtube following. She is known for her torchy yet edgy image and use of heavy, industrial electronics in her songs. She used to be a pub singer but got signed when a record producer came in and heard her doing some acoustic songs on her guitar. Despite being labelled as an indie artist, she's expressed some more pop ambitions, and cites Gwen Stefani as a major influence, as well as Eminem, Bon Iver, Wes Craven and the Spice Girls
    Label- Fuego Musica
Week 1-2- Record Song 'Bubble Pop'
Week 3 - Record Cover 'Money' from the cabaret soundtrack, but like an electronic version
Week 4 - Publicity, walk at a fashion show wearing a bright pink leather jacket and black body paint, with dark hair with short back and sides and a lighter colored, long fringe that hangs over one eye.

Bubble Pop - A pop song with non-serious lyrics and a very heavy electronic instrumental which contrasts with the calm delivery of the lyrics and relatively slow tempo. The verses are all spice girls - style raps but with a calmer tone to them. In the background, you can hear autotuned, high pitched vocals going 'Don't gooseberry fool with me, don't gooseberry fool with me'. The lyrics in brackets are group vocals.

Verse 1

I guess I'm needed now,
The charts are too arty,
It's time to hear the queen,
Of the whole illuminati,
You'd better back down,
When I put on my crown,
Since this flow is so sick,
And I ain't even in this rap eton mess,

Chorus

Now don't you want a taste of my bubblegum? (bubblegum?)
You want to get down then you'd better stop at bubble pop.

Verse 2

Now get me my cheerleaders,
'Cause I'm going to the superbowl,
Not to perform I'm off,
To go make the winning goal,
It always happens,
I score quite a lot,
Like when I got with your husband,
In the church parking lot (Oh!),

(don't gooseberry fool with me, don't gooseberry fool with me)

Chorus

Middle 8 (x2)

You want some of this bubblegum in your mouth? (yeah!)
You want bubblegum *popping noise* , bubblegum *popping noise* , bubble-pop (bubble pop!)

Chorus

Bix

Post by Bix » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:52 pm

I thought from the rules that publicity was 2 weeks. Or can we do 1 week pub.s now ?
TIME !

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:56 pm

Bix wrote:I thought from the rules that publicity was 2 weeks. Or can we do 1 week pub.s now ?
I can only assume the second half of that publicity will come during the first phase of next month. This is fair game but I won't write about it until the action is fully completed so it's up to you to remember to finish it off.

Also, it's lovely to see you Chuchu, I have missed you.
#ff Garf

Chu

Post by Chu » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Yeah that's what I meant, sorry i should have said. Also missed you too Fabong. <3

Bix

Post by Bix » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Also I guess King of the Socks finishes his song next month as well. At least I know I can split my 2 week time periods up as well. However, even knowing it I doubt I would have changed my second months plans anyway. Really enjoying this game so far 8-)
TIME !

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:49 pm

Yep if an action doesn't fit into one month it has to be carried on into the next month (otherwise we'd never be able to do world tours!) but you can't half-do an action and finish it off later.

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Today's Song Of The Day- Baby On Board [The Be Sharps]

Excerpt from Rhythm Review-

COVER- THUNDER FESTIVAL COMING UP
Pg 2- Supreme Thunder Festival
Pg 6- Alison Redd's Spring Photoshoot
Pg 14- Charli's Fashion Show
Pg 16- ImPA. CT In Pictures, Breathing
Pg 20- Breathe b/w G.R.8.U
Pg 21- The Love Below's Debut
Pg 22- Super Starduster Talk Albums
Pg 24- The Survivors Play Yorkshire
Pg 25- Jolly Holiday b/w Bullet Proof
Pg 26- Space Girl b/w Let's Stay Together
Pg 28- Fuego Musica Rooftop Concert
Pg 30- Thunderstorm b/w Rock The Night
Pg 31- Lara In Pictures
Pg 33- Smokin' Hot Snaps Of Dis Mah Jam
Pg 36- The Great Metal Pilgrimage b/w The Trees

Thunder Festival Is Coming!

Next month marks the latest appearance of the annual Thunder Festival, a great chance to spot unique performances from a wide variety of acts. Alison Redd is rumoured to be performing this year.
Charli On The Catwalk

A newly signed act on Fuego Musica hosted a short fashion show this month showing off her moody style for all to see. Next up we just need to find out what her voice is actually like.
Breathe b/w G.R.8.U

ImPA. CT make their debut with this single, obviously a labour of love. The group dynamics are fresh and interesting, and we look forward to their first long playing release to see if the arrangements can consistently be of such quality.
Super Staduster Speak Up!

Super Starduster have talked to us about their first album, dropping vague hints of an Egyptian theme. Colour us interested.
Surviving Yorkshire

The Survivors have played all over Yorkshire having fun and donating to good causes, and even more surprisingly, they weren't fined for excessive noise in a public space.
Jolly Holiday b/w Bullet Proof

Anyone who saw Mary Poppins growing up will vaguely recognise something in this heavily distorted cover version, backed with a cover of a song by the famously French-sounding La Roux.
Space Girl b/w Let's Stay Together

The first single from Space Girl is available now, so GO BUY IT because then the band will be pleased.
Fuego Musica Rooftop Concert

Space Girl would really like you to GO BUY THEIR NEW SINGLE and even went as far as taking over a building to say as much. Gotta admire that dedication.
Thunderstorm b/w Rock The Night

A new single from a new band, the hard rockin' Lytespeed Thunder waste no time in cutting their teeth on the record business, we're sure these guys get all the ladies.
The Great Metal Pilgrimage b/w The Trees

A rare self-titled single from The Great Metal Pilgrimage which may serve to bring the notoriously impenetrable genre to a wider audience. Changing time signatures keep the listener engaged all the way through, and the cover is a solid effort on the part of all players.
[/i]

---

February is over and out, and March brings with it the Thunder Festival. If you would like to go, post in week 4 with THUNDER FESTIVAL and the song you would like to play there.
#ff Garf

Robbie

Re: Super Greatest Hit <Thunder Crash>

Post by Robbie » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Week 1 & 2- release single ¨Origin¨ b/w "Paradise¨

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Week 1 & 2- release single ¨Origin¨ b/w "Paradise¨
Week 3- Photoshoot
Week 4- I'll go to the festival and my band will perform Origin.

KingoftheSocks
PSN ID: KingoftheSocks
Steam ID: chronofighter

Post by KingoftheSocks » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:30 pm

Oops, seems like I didn't read the OP, sorry, I've edited it so that it fits and I'll remember to finish my song next turn
Credit to liberal for this snazzy sig

Bix

Post by Bix » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Week 1 & 2 - Publicity
The excited band head to Paris directly after the release of Jolly Holiday and attend a record signing in the largest record shop in the city. They notified beforehand that the first 25 people to buy Jolly Holiday would receive a signed photo of Julie Andrews also signed by Maude and Rob. The lucky 1000th person to buy it would receive 5 ! (& maybe a kiss from Maude herself). Theo & Shane head upstairs to the mezzanine area to perform instrumentals from Jolly Holiday & tease the crowd with previously unheard sounds from See View Play Repeat. The place remains rammed full of people all day and ‘Liz’ hype begins to build. They spend the next few days sightseeing. A few people even recognise them and Rob & Maude pose in some fan selfies at the Eiffel Tower. The following week the band head back to Marseille, with many fresh ideas, inspired by the diverse fan base in Paris.

Week 3 - Record cover - You Want the Candy: Raveonettes – Maude on vocals. Shane excels with a superb drum solo at the end of the intro section. Minimal effort required from Rob and Theo leads to some over the top ‘showboating’ sections on the electric acoustic (from Rob) and on tambourine by Theo. A surprisingly upbeat cover for the band (eager to prove they can appeal to everyone).

Week 4 - Attend the Thunder Festival - play Jolly Holiday (Underneath your Blood is Blue) (cover) Maude is daubed and sprayed with light blue paint before appearing on stage.
Last edited by Bix on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TIME !

Chu

Post by Chu » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:43 pm

Week 1 - Finish publicity
Week 2/3 release single - Bubble Pop b/w Money
Week 4 - Thunder Festival with Bubble Pop, wearing a bodystocking made of black plastic jewels and bright pink ones spelling 'TrA$HY' over the chest and two sparklers going up the arms and then down to the feet, which are set alight through the song.

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:18 pm

Weeks 1 to 3 - Release "The Rising [EP]"
Track 1 - The Shape of Things to Come
Track 2 - The Rising
Track 3 - Antwerpen
Track 4 - Survive

Week 4 - BRING THE THUNDER, playing The Rising and (if there's time) Antwerpen. Derek orchestrates a nifty lightshow to accompany the performance.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt