Super Greatest Hit <Here Come The Bells>

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Re: Super Greatest Hit <Thunder Crash>

Post by Pineapple » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Week 1: Publicity (Website update: pictures from photoshoot last month, a music video for "Breathe" and a short video of the members celebrating Blake's 18th birthday at the studio).

Week 2: Publicity (Website update: Video diary recorded by Jett in the lead up to debut with "Breathe" and promotions of single. Dance cover of "G.R.8.U" also uploaded, featuring members dancing in onesies in the dance room).

Week 3: Record cover "I Wish" (FTISLAND).
Truer to the original than their cover of "G.R.8.U" thanks to FTISLAND being a band. A and Kelvin handle most of the vocals whilst Blake does the rap.

Week 4: THUNDER FESTIVAL- performing "Breathe". First proper showcase of the choreography, which features the members slowly waking up at the beginning as the screen shows a monitor with each member's oxygen levels slowly depleting. The members perform whilst carrying oxygen masks and taking breaths from them at intervals in the song and wear glowing blue bangles. Flint's on-screen monitor flashes red as his oxygen reaches critical level after his splits halfway and the members have to save him by "transferring" their oxygen into him, aiming their hands at his chest as their bangles flash. Their moves become more ragged towards the end, then the members all collapse onto the ground and drop their oxygen masks.

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Looks like I made a balls of that first week.
Week 1 - Record Cover-From Eden(Hozier)(Acoustic)
Week 2+3 - Release Single-Wagon Wheel b/w From Eden
Week 4 - Thunder Festival
Play Wagon Wheel
Have random pyro cuz y not

Drakeknight

Post by Drakeknight » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:01 am

1+2 - Record Song: All Mine (A love song with a slightly heavy chorus, about the inevitable devoted love that befalls Traci's most devoted groupies)
3+4 - Record Song: Creature of the Night (Each of the band are described in various terms of belonging to the midnight hours. Fun Fact: The Stikx is a dhampir)
"Once wrote a lesbian fanfic involving me and Sir Bowser. It was kinda hot." - Wrathy, on Drakeknight
Buy my eton mess.

slorp

Post by slorp » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:11 am

Weeks 1 &2: Record song - Space Dog (A pretty long techno song that starts off sounding fairly upbeat albeit with a slightly dreamy quality. About halfway through the key shifts and a vocal sample from Space Girl (lyrics unintelligible) starts looping over the track. As the song progresses more and more samples are added, and as the song ends all other instrumentation cuts out leaving only the vocal samples.)
Week 3: Record cover - Deep Water [The Middle East] (Starts off very similar to original with strummed acoustic guitar and vocals (given this time by Andrew who while not technically a good singer expresses his emotion in his own monotonous way). By the time the first verse starts some string-like drones can be heard. More drones are added as time goes on and piano starts backing the guitar part. Erica also sings on the chorus. For the final verse, the guitar and piano stop playing and Andrew sings over only the drones and a faint pulsing beat (almost like a heartbeat) when the verse ends the drones are allowed to fade out - this lasts for several minutes.)
Week 4: Thunder Festival - Play Space Girl
Last edited by slorp on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:32 am

Week 1- Record Cover- Sunburn (Muse)
Week 2+3- Record Song- Guiding Star- A fast paced pop song about getting back on the right track
Week 4- Record Cover- Mr Blue Sky (Electric Light Orchestra)

Xenoblade Hero
NNID: XenobladeHero
3DS Friend Code: 189115095006
PSN ID: Xenoblade Hero

Post by Xenoblade Hero » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:32 am

Week 1-2 - Record Song - "Band Gone South"
Week 3 - Record Cover - "Hard Rock Hallelujah" by Lordi
Week 4 - Thunder Festival - "The Great Metal Pilgrimage"

Band Gone South

CHORUS
And so we all hit the open road
We're all going to sell out
Get out all the merchandise
Just another one gone south

(Ahhhh) Don't hope for revival
(Ohhh) A return to the past
All our fans in denial
A band gone south, yeah yeah yeah

Band Gone South is an analysis of a band who has given up on creating music for the fans, and is only still continuing their musical career for money. The tempo of the song is slower than the prior "The Great Metal Pilgrimage" and reflective with even more of an emphasis on filters to create different effects with the different harmonies in the track. The bass is prominent in this track due to the slower feel, with some drum fills between verses to structure each piece together and to highlight the upcoming chorus.
BGO Weekly Nights- They're (Not) Back (Yet)!
Youtube Nugget Bridge

Overall ONM Hunger Games Champion and winner of The ONM VGC Tour

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:10 pm

Today's Song Of The Day- Goose-Step Mama [The Rutles]

Excerpt from Pop Monthly-

COVER- THUNDER FESTIVAL
Pg 2- Thunder Festival, Isn't It Nice?
Pg 8- Origin b/w Paradise
Pg 9- Dis Mah Jam Photoshoot
Pg 13- Lizarazu Visit Paris
Pg 14- Bubble Pop b/w Money
Pg 15- EP, The Rising
Pg 17- ImPA.CT's Website Updated

Thunder Festival

Attended by Alison Redd, The Great Plastic Pilgrimage, Space Grill, Lady Lara, ImPA.CT, The Survivors, Charli, Lízárázú and Dis Mah Marmalade.

This year's Thunder Festival opened with a quick performance from Alison Redd, who played her major hit from last year, All For Love. She was sure to be prompt in handing the stage over to Dis Mah Jam. Of course their performance of Origin didn't inspire the same response as the preceding superstar but such is to be expected. Afterwards, French-inspired band Lizarazu played their take on Jolly Holiday. The crowd were certainly warmed up after Charli finished her own song, Bubble Pop, a review of which can be found later in this magazine. The lights dimmed for The Survivors playing The Rising, presumably in an effort to promote their new EP of the same name. Following this, natural performers ImPA.CT took everybody's breath away (geddit? Breath?) with their stunning mini-concert. If the crowd weren't warmed up already, Lady Lara's pyrotechnics would have ensured they were now. Afterwards, crowd-pleasers Space Girl performed their self-titled song to great reception. Next, The Great Metal Pilgrimage performed their own similarly titled song, before they played the part of backing band for Alison Redd's final number of the show, No More Heroes by The Stranglers, supposedly chosen because it was the only song both her and the metal group knew how to play.
Bubble Pop b/w Money

Bubble Pop is proving popular on the radio but perhaps more importantly is its status as a floor filler in clubs across the nation. Will Charli become a new license to print money for her home label of Fuego Musica?
The Rising

The Survivors cut their teeth on the first significant EP release of the year. It's a solid effort and we look forward to their attempts at an LP, if they feel man enough to rise to the challenge of producing one.
impact . com / updates

Fans of ImPA.CT should log on to their INTERNET HOMEWEBPAGE to find new DIGITAL CONTENT featuring the band, including pictures and exclusive videos. We're not sure it's wise for us to advertise this really, one of these days band websites will end up replacing music magazines, boo-hiss.
[/i]

---

That's all folks, March is gone. April 2015 is here to take its place though so dry those eyes. No event actions for now, so do your thing.
#ff Garf

slorp

Re: Super Greatest Hit <Sparkling Wide Pressure>

Post by slorp » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Weeks 1 & 2: Record song - Nostradamus! (A bleak although very danceable song about the world coming to an end in which the singer seems remarkably cavalier about the whole thing while describing the events in a fairly deadpan manner.)
Weeks 3 & 4: Record song - Glacial (A very slow-paced track featuring drones, loops, arpeggios and suchlike being layered over one another. Initially it seems pretty slow and directionless but by the end it becomes very driven with a complex melody. Named after Julia insulted the track for being too slow and dull - she does not feature on it.)

KingoftheSocks
PSN ID: KingoftheSocks
Steam ID: chronofighter

Post by KingoftheSocks » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:13 pm

Week 1-Finish Recording Song

Week 2+Week 3-Record Song-The BIg Noise-A far more Funky song compared to the last song, with a far more prominent and funk based bassline, lyrics about a country boy coming to the big city for the first time and experiencing the nightlife

Week 4- Photoshoot
Credit to liberal for this snazzy sig

Garf

Post by Garf » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:18 pm

Week 1+2- Record Song- Sandstorm- Instrumental with a slow and bleak feel, before building up into the cover of Lyla
Week 3+4- Publicity- For upcoming album

Chu

Post by Chu » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Week 1/2 - Record Song - Piece of This
Week 3/4 - Record Song - Missing Out
_____

Piece of this - A song with heavy guitar chords, and a tempo and rhythm that is reminiscent of blues rock, while using a vocal style in parts that is reminiscent of industrial metal, but keeping a more pure pop delivery in the verses.

Chorus (light electronic backing and hushed vocals)

Honey lets go,
Come land on this ho,
Lets see just what you can get.

Do you want more,
Than you bargained for,
When you jump right on this bed,

Psychotic,
Hypnotic,
I'm Toxic,
Don't you want a piece of this?

Psychotic, Hypnotic, We're toxic,
Don't you want a piece of this.

Verse 1

Honey I won't take your diamonds,
But I'll have a crack at your soul,
As trainwrecks go,
Not many know,
How to poison your sweet mind.

Mariliyn was mistaken,
I've got me a new best friend,
Because you know that your pain's,
My emotional gain,
So you come prepared,

Chorus

Verse 2

There's nothing worse than a diva,
A no good sleazy fool,
Well when you come to mine,
It's not money or life,
But I'll make you think again

So you can keep your Versace,
I'm much more CK shock,
But you'll know it'll sting,
On your 4-inch thing,
When I take control of you

Chorus

Guitar solo

Chorus

Missing Out - A piano ballard with some hushed electronics in the background, emulating the kind of sappy ballards you hear on the radio but keeping a slightly darker and unsettling tone. The song deals with feelings on worthlessness and is in a minor key.

Verse 1

So honey won't you tell me,
The kind of girl you're dreaming of,
See I'm a chameleon,
You'll never see that I'm,
Just playing pretend.

And tell me that you love me,
At least for the next two weeks,
Because I know what comes next,
You'll get out this train-wreck,
Before we both explode

Chorus[/b

You say that you don't know me,
but you're not missing out,
You know you'll be bored by next week,
'Cause there ain't that much to see,
You know I'm not your fixer-upper,
Though you're not the first that's tried,
But it ain't gonna work,
Just leave me in the dirt,
And go back to her

Verse 2

How can you boys not see,
There's plenty more like me,
Just go on a street corner,
It'll save you the trauma,
But cost you fifty quid,

And you know you can leave me,
Because you're not so special too,
There's plenty of guys,
That are daft and they'll try,
But I'm not fixable

Chorus

Middle 8

Boy I'm your piece of ass,
You don't want more than that,
You might as well go run,

You say you're bad for me,
but everyone can see,
I'm the bullet in this gun,

I know I'm not your first,
Not your best not your worst,
Don't get hung up on me,

I'm not worth fighting for,
Honey run for the door,
Just gooseberry fool leave

Chorus

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:27 pm

Week 1 - record cover - Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles (straight cover)
Week 2 record song - Arc du Requin (English trans. Arc of the shark)
Electro Funk-Soul. Rhythm kept by Shane .. full of snare drums and samples from a digitised harp. Rob turns to his trusty electric acoustic to accompany the digitised string samples. Massive saxophone riff midway provided by Theo, who plays a blinder with this one (being responsible for some awesome electronic sound effects as well), now more integral as opposed to just a number. Vocals are quick and at pace by the unstoppable Maude. Sung in verses without chorus, to symbolise the sharks fluidity and forever constant movement.

(exert of first 3 verses)

You twist , you turn
You’re prey, to learn
The chase is on,
They’ll soon be gone

Deadliest mover
In the depths, no soother
Now on the prowl
With the swoop of an owl

No time for you to sleep,
Your life and soul to keep
The sea, its waves are yours,
So to the sandy shores

Week 4 - record cover - The Mother We Share: Chvrches (straight cover)
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:32 pm

W1 - Publicity (Lara appears on Saturday Night Live in a skit)
W2 - ""
W3 - Record Cover-Cosmic Love (Florence and the Machine)
W4 - Photoshoot (The gang visits Area 61)

Drakeknight

Post by Drakeknight » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:30 pm

Week 1+2 - Record Song: In The Dark (Heavy track about how anonymity and the cover of night both allow you to be yourself and are a test of true character)
Week 3 - Record a Cover: Foreigner's "Jukebox Hero"
Week 4 - Photoshoot (Coverage of Traci and Shayn doing everyday things - perching with a flock of blackbirds on a rooftop, playing golf with strippers, buying groceries, etc. In each picture The Stykx is standing, arms folded, somewhere in the background, staring passively at the camera)
"Once wrote a lesbian fanfic involving me and Sir Bowser. It was kinda hot." - Wrathy, on Drakeknight
Buy my eton mess.

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:30 am

Week 1 and 2- release single Radioactive b/w You've got the live.
Week 3- record cover- Rick Astley Never Gonna Give You Up
Week 4- record cover Glass Wall Hatsune Miku

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Weeks 1 and 2: Record song "Transparency"
Lyrics:
(Kelvin) You shoot right through me,
Yeah, you tear into me.
And it hurts and I cry,
and I try to hide,
But it's like you can see inside.
(A) What can I do to stop it,
What can I do to make this go away.
I can feel my body slowly drifting away
And I just can't seem to change
(Kelvin) My transparency.

Description: "Transparency" deals with feelings of intense paranoia and exasperation. The feeling that people are reading you like a book can be induce lots of anxiety and fear yet no matter how much one tries sometimes paranoia sticks like glue, it's unshakable. The struggle is reflected in the instrumental, where the keyboard motif battles to be heard over the obnoxious, laser-like synths and drums. Recognising one's "transparency" can be incredibly frustrating and often feel hopeless. A and Kelvin handle the explosive and demanding chorus whilst Jett and Flint cover the verses and background vocals and Blake delivers a rapid-fire rap part towards the bridge.

Weeks 3 and 4: Publicity
Official YouTube channel created, with music video for "Breathe" uploaded. A new web-series titled "ImPA.CT Diary" is launched which will give fans an insight into the lives of the members and will be uploaded on ImPA.CT's website and YouTube channel. Episode 1 features the band's preparations for the Thunder Festival. Episode 2 is uploaded a week later, and shows the members going out to buy presents and plan a surprise party for A's birthday on the 27th.

Xenoblade Hero

Post by Xenoblade Hero » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Week 1-2 - Publicity of Thunder Festival performance
Week 3 - Photoshoot
Week 4 - Record Cover - "Wanted Dead or Alive" - Bon Jovi (damn you Drakeknight for taking Jukebox Hero)
Youtube Nugget Bridge

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Today's Song Of The Day- Jo Jo Gunne [Chuck Berry]
Current most famous act- ImPA. CT

Excerpt from Rhythm Review-

Pg 6- The Love Below In Pictures
Pg 10- Super Starduster Hype It Up
Pg 12- Lara In The 61st Area
Pg 15- SNL
Pg 16- Lytespeed Thunder's Artsy Photoshoot Spectacular
Pg 20- Radioactive b/w You Got The Love
Pg 21- impact dot com boom
Pg 23- The Great Metal Pilgrimage In Arousing Poses For Your Pleasure
Pg 26- Thunder Festival, Metal Perspective

Super Starduster Hype It Up

This interview was too difficult to translate as it was transcribed entirely in Egyptian hieroglyphics, apologies.
Radioactive b/w You've Got The Love

DMJ release another single a mere month after their previous one, indicating a rapid fire release schedule which may not be for the best, as this disc is composed entirely of cover versions. Has their creative well run dry?
iMpa/ct

ImPA.CT have begun a new series of webisodes in the form of a video diary, this month we've been treated to a peek backstage at the Thunder Festival and some birthday shopping. We can only hope for some soap-opera style twists as the series progresses.
[/i]

---

It's time for May 2015, which will contain no event actions to enable you to continue filling your song banks and doing your own thing.
#ff Garf

Garf

Re: Super Greatest Hit <Musical Assault>

Post by Garf » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:07 pm

Week 1+2- Record Song- Delta- Another instrumental to close off the album with a slowing down theme
Week 3- Photoshoot
Week 4- Record Cover- Sun King [The Beatles]

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Week 1- cover- Sandstorm Darude
Week 2 & 3- Record song- The Smilies Of SONM. A song about the horrific emoticons of this website, quite serious instrumentally and with very ambitious singing from Sheldon with many ranges and tones.
Week 4- photoshoot

Chu

Post by Chu » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Week 1/2 - Record Song - Fine
Week 3/4 - Publicity - An EP trailer to an orchestral version of the instrumental of 'Piece of this', that shows Charli in a fairground, going on the rides with different guys. She's wearing a red bomber jacket and denim shorts with a white t-shirt and has her (currently light brown) hair tied up. The guys all look happy while Charli is straight faced. At the end of the trailer, the words 'Trainwreck' come up as a roller coaster comes off the track with Charli and one of the guys still on it. There's a big explosion with sounds.

Fine - A song which is made mostly of teen pop inspired instrumentals, with only the chorus having words which are spoken in a kind of bubblegum pop Fergie style voice. The song is also peppered with recordings of cheerleader style chants of 'yeah' and 'ooh'.

Well don't you think I'm fine,
In my little red dress,
Don't you want to get with,
This hot - hot mess (yeah!)
Last edited by Chu on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingoftheSocks
PSN ID: KingoftheSocks
Steam ID: chronofighter

Post by KingoftheSocks » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Week 1- Record Cover- Mr Probz-Waves
Week 2+3-Record Song- Brother - A much more serious song compared to the other two, lyrics about a boy who lost his brother and how he tries to cope without his older brother as he starts to grow up.
Week 4- Record Cover-Outkast-Ms Jackson- Done in a jazz style
Credit to liberal for this snazzy sig

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:45 pm

I missed a month woopsy doodles :(

Week 1 and 2 - record new song - Miserabilia
A slow, melancholic song (taking inspiration from downbeat metal songs such as Alter Bridge's Blackbird) beginning with slow piano and then a downbeat guitar riff. Miserabilia's lyrics are based around feelings of loss and hopelessness when looking back on better times, the chorus being "And when I look back I feel so hopeless / Used to be happy but not now, not here / Memory is all that I have now / Lost amongst my Miserabilia". Steve takes lead vocals, his deep voice adding to the melancholic tone. After the second chorus comes a slow, keening guitar riff that gradually escalates and builds in tempo until Steve breaks into song once more, this time in a much higher pitch to strengthen the emotional impact of the refrain: "They say things will get better / But I know that's not the truth / Misery is all that I know now / I lost my world when I lost you". As Steve sings the final "you" Eric begins another solo, much heavier and at a faster tempo than the first started at. At the the solo's end, everything fades out apart and is replaced by the piano from the beginning as Steve sings the chorus a final time, and the song ends on one last lingering note from both him and the piano.

Week 3 and 4 - Record New Song - The Adventures Of Captain Dave
To cheer themselves up after recording the rather depressing Miserabilia, the band take on a much more lighthearted song. The Adventures of Captain Dave follows the bizarre exploits of the titular not-very-superhero. The song starts with a keyboard solo before Simon crashes in on the drums and all musical hell is let loose. The lyrics are a quickly thrown together story of Dave taking on the evil Señor Evil and eventually triumphing in a blaze of chilli-soaked glory, with Simon voicing Captain Dave and Derek providing the cheesy Mexican accent of Señor Evil amidst bursts of mariachi. The song ends on cheers of "all hail Captain Dave!" and the sounds of wild applause which gradually fade out.

Chrome crashed whilst I was halfway through typing all this out, I was not a happy bunny
Last edited by Rik on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Xenoblade Hero

Post by Xenoblade Hero » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Week 1-2 - Record Song - Time for a Solo
Week 3-4 - Record Song - Every Day is a Bleak Winter Day

Time for a Solo

Time for a solo is literally a piece of music that presents a solo on every single instrument included. It starts with a frantic guitar solo and then moves on to lesser covered solos such as limericks for "vocal solo's" and even a maraca solo, as if to mock the song itself. Bass, Drum and Keyboard solos also feature!

Every Day is a Bleak Winter Day

This is a song with more serious themes such as depression, danger and love. The main character portrayed in this song constantly tries his hardest to do everything he can for someone he has fallen in love with - from buying them gifts to helping them out of a dangerous situation where she was confronted by a gang. Unfortunately, the feelings are not returned and the woman dates an abusive, intimidating man a year or so later. This main character then starts to question his life, still having a strong emotional connection with the lady, and seems to believe that excuse for humanity is seen as more of a person than he is, making him fall down a spiral of self hatred. The ending is ambiguous but it is hinted that the main character confronts the man, for whatever reason. Structurally the vocal score is more emphasised, but keyboards feature more than guitars, toned down and picking up between particular sentences. The tempo is slow.
Youtube Nugget Bridge

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:52 pm

W1+2 - Record Song-Last Night
Last Night
Slow, patient buildup in the verses, with only Lady Lara'svoice and guitar chords. The chorus is meant to sound sad and almost pleading. Many instruments hit in chorus. Song is about a stranger met at a bar last night and how the singer longs for them.
W3+4 - Release Song-Last Night b/w Cosmic Love