Super Greatest Hit <Here Come The Bells>

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
slorp

Re: Super Greatest Hit <Musical Assault>

Post by slorp » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:06 am

Weeks 1 & 2: Record song - Break (A massive 10 minute guitar piece courtesy mainly of Erica (with many effects courtesy of Andrew). Begins with a simple chord progression with a lot of reverb. A simple guitar melody is overlayed later and repeated for the rest of the song. More and more layers of echoey chords and the melody are played over each other as the song progresses (there are still gaps between chords and notes - just filled with lots of reverb). The later overlays feature even more effects ie. tremol and distortion and stuff. For the final minute or something no more notes are played and the song is left to echo.)
Week 3: Record cover - The Girl With The Flaxen Hair [Claude Debussy] (Kind of true to the original. Recordings of it being played on a piano and on a celesta are played simultaneously.)
Week 4: Photoshoot (Interview for upcoming album)

Drakeknight

Post by Drakeknight » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:09 am

Week 1+2 - Record a Song: Hellbender (Epic ballad recounting Traci's journey into Hell to bargain for the soul of a lover in exchange for dooming the man who killed her. Satan acquiesces in the face of the Raven, the murderer is driven by cunning and witchcraft into sin and death, the lover is saved, and Shayn has a kickin' solo towards the end)
Week 3+4 - Publicity: Their creative and carnal energies burned out, The Thunder elect to spend the next fortnight recharging their batteries by spending their time volunteering from homeless shelter to homeless shelter. Once their label finds out they insist on sending people to cover this)
"Once wrote a lesbian fanfic involving me and Sir Bowser. It was kinda hot." - Wrathy, on Drakeknight
Buy my eton mess.

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:56 am

Week 1 & 2 - Publicity - Speaking to NME Magazine – A 3 page article showcasing the whole band and their history – 1 full page was dedicated to ‘The life and loves of Maude A Terranian’. In the article she acknowledges recent artists she admires: Elly Jackson aka La Roux; Chvrches and The Raveonettes. She also pays tributes to, in her opinion, the greatest bands to ever walk the Earth & that have inspired Lizarazu: The Beatles & The Rolling Stones. Several arty photo’s were also taken including many 'blue' themed snaps to accompany the article. When asked why, all Rob would say is that the band had decided on a chosen theme for their current work and that they were all very 'happy' with their recordings. The interviewer could not hold back and pushed Rob for more answers and whether an album was coming. Maude interrupted and simply said ‘watch this space!!’ The interviewer added a closing paragraph, stating that he was very confident an album was on cards for 'Liz'.

Week 3 & 4 - Release single - Arc du Requin (Arc of the shark) b/w Under the Tide (Chvrches)

Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Weeks 1 and 2: Record song "Crash"
Lyrics: (Kelvin/All) I'm gonna crash, crash, crash into you
(Blake) So please stay away, before it's too late, before I
(All) Crash, crash, crash into you.
(Flint) I don't want to hurt you but I don't want to be alone.
(A) How can I stop myself from burning out
Before I end up falling down.
(All) Crash, crash, crash into you.
(Kelvin) I'm tried to stop but I think it's too late.

Description: (will add I just don't want to miss a month)

Weeks 3 and 4: Publicity
Week 3 is the release of episode 3 of ImPA.CT TV, where the members give fans a short tour of the recording studio and Blake drops a hint that they may be coming back soon. Week 4 consists of teaser pictures for ImPA.CT's first EP. Each weekday an individual teaser for one member is revealed, showing the members looking almost translucent. On Saturday details about ImPA.CT's first EP "Crash" are revealed, as well as a release date of 21st June. A 15 second video teaser featuring a distorted clip of "Crash" is released on Sunday, showing the members performing a part of the choreography as one by one they fade away.

[I'm getting lazy already wow how long before I start giving ImPA.CT unused 6teeN/Amelia songs only time will tell]

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:12 am

Today's Song Of The Day- Smart Girls [Brain Wilson]

Social Media Update-

Looks like Alison made a small typo! Oh well, social media has seen worse errors.

Excerpt from Pop Monthly-

COVER- TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE
Pg 2- Alison Redd's New Album
Pg 8- Alison Redd Photoshoot Deluxe
Pg 20- IMPACT TEEVEE
Pg 22- Arc Du Requin b/w Under The Tide
Pg 23- Lytespeed Chunder, Hurr Hurr
Pg 24- Pictures Of Space Girl
Pg 29- Last Night b/w Cosmic Love
Pg 30- Charli Wops It Out
Pg 31- Dis Mah Jam Wear Amusing Costumes
Pg 34- Super Starduster Wear EVEN MORE AMUSING Costumes

Alison Redd Releases Time Waits For No One

Alison Redd has finally released her first album for some time, aptly titled Time Waits For No One. As the eye-searing cover-art would imply, this is a simple pop album with only the occasional attempt at being thought-provoking. The title track (and lead single) is something of an ear-worm and clearly the one on which most time was spent, with a rich, possibly over-lush string backing employed to great effect. King Of The Hill tells the tale of a triumphant loner and makes use of driving rhythm guitar complete with harmonica riffs as accompaniment. Deck Chair is a rare instrumental track from Alison, borrowing a lot from the funk genre with hammer-on licks and some distorted brass. Hummingbird is the first of the albums slower paced tracks, and is followed by the whimsical My Mama Said which seems to have been written through a child's eyes. Ninjas In Vietnam is nothing short of surreal, detailing a rather epic battle between musicians and ninjas, where Alison finds herself the damsel in distress. You couldn't make it up. The second half of the album begins with Left And Wrong, which uses the age-old trope of opposites juxtaposed in music. Sandcastle Park expresses some fond childhood memories, while Bucks And Dimes is a tad more cynical in its outlook. Money, Honey is a slower yet groovy tune that leads into the final number, A Town Called Earth, the only real political statement on the record which calls for peace due to the fact that we all share a home.

The lead single, Time Waits For No One b/w Left And Wrong has been well recieved so far and radios will likely play it until the album's second single is released, the contents of which are already rumoured to be leaked. The album does come with a free sticker, of a mysterious heart-shaped red apple. How bizarre.
IMPACT TEEVEE

It would appear ImPA.CT are preparing their first major release in the form of an EP titled Crash. We appreciate the connection between crashes and impacts, well done word-players.
Arc Du Requin

What could it possibly mean? Our office has no resident Frenchmen (or women) so we can only assume it translates as "Croissant Hon Hon Hon." Croissants are, after all, arc shaped. Maybe it literally means "Arc Of Bread."

We're so smrt.
Lytespeed Thunder Are Nice

Lytespeed Thunder, little known band, have been helping out in homeless shelters. This cements their status as all around good guys and so you should definitely buy their stuff on principle alone, even if you don't listen to it.
Last Night

'S another country one, aye.

It'd be fair to say I run out of steam towards the end of updates.
Charli Does A Thing

And we're reporting on it!
[/i]

---

So that's May for you, calendar fans will know that this means AUGUST comes next. Only joking, June is next. This month is INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION MONTH so any collabs will only take one week instead of two, please take advantage of this one-time-only offer.
#ff Garf

Drakeknight

Re: Super Greatest Hit <Stop, Collaborate And Listen>

Post by Drakeknight » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:47 am

Week 1-4 – Release Album: Feel It (Cover is a shot of the band, up close, standing against a brick wall. Shayn appears to be in the throes of ecstasy, The Stykx has a wide, lopsided grin with his arms folded, and Traci in the center is stood seductively arched, hands against the wall. The album title is written, stylised to look like lipstick, at the bottom of the frame, over Traci's crotch. The reverse of the case shows the other side of the wall, graffitied with an image of a raven, the phrase “The Stykx was there”, and the tracklist, which is as follows)

1. Thunderstorm
2. Ridin' Hard
3. Creature of the Night
4. All Mine
5. Rock the Night
6. In the Dark
7. Hellbender
8. Jukebox Hero [Foreigner]
"Once wrote a lesbian fanfic involving me and Sir Bowser. It was kinda hot." - Wrathy, on Drakeknight
Buy my eton mess.

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:48 am

Week 4- Release Album- Sandstorm

1- Sun King [The Beatles]
2- Sandstorm
3- Lyla [Oasis]
4- Oasis
5- Guiding Star
6- Sunburn [Muse]
7- Walk Like an Egyptian [The Bangles]
8- Delta

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:57 am

Week 1 - Record Cover/Colab-Riptide(Vance Joy)
Colab w/Vance Joy
Week 2 - Record Cover/Colab-Bohemian Rhapsody(Queen)
Colab w/Queen
Week 3+4 - Publicity (Charity work for ebola)

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:30 am

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist wrote:Colab w/Queen
That's a bit optimistic. Collaborations are performed with other players in the game, not real life acts. Apologies if this was unclear or unintuitive.
#ff Garf

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:49 am

Basically to collaborate with someone you just have to PM them and ask. Then you both decide on the song/lyrics/description (and who writes them) and who gets it in their songbank because only one act can. If you're stuck who to collaborate with, try to do it with an act who's more famous than you, an act that has a similar sound to yours, or just a user you like and speak to~

Of course you don't have to collaborate with anyone but it can be a nice little boost to fame.

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Week 1 and 2 - Record New Song - Showdown
A fast-paced song with the theme of facing up to an antagonist. Pretty much a simple heavy metal song that begins with a crash of cymbals and a speedy guitar riff. Sally takes the lead vocals; the chorus slows the pace slightly but doesn't lose any of the angry tone - "I'll face you down / Stood back and watched for far too long / I'll face you down / You think you'll win but you think wrong". After the third verse the song slows dramatically as Eric launches into a flurry of drawn-out, impactful guitar riffs and Simon lays into a drum solo, before stopping abruptly. After a second there comes a quiet drumroll that steadily builds before the other instruments erupt back into life. A bass solo from Steve leads into a short but sharp guitar solo from Eric, and with a final crash of the cymbals the song ends as abruptly as it begins.
Week 3 - Record Cover: Up in Arms by the Foo Fighters
Pretty much just a straight cover of the original.
Week 4 - Collaboration
The Survivors put out word that they'd be up for a collaboration, in the spirit of National Collaboration Month or whatever it's called. (If anyone wants to do a collab, let me know)
If I haven't announced a collab by the end of the month can I have the first half of a publicity action taking up the last week and finish it next month pretty please Fabong
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Chu

Post by Chu » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:02 pm

Weeks 1-3 - Release the trainwreck EP

1) Piece of this
2) Bubble Pop
3) Missing Out
4) Fine

Week 4 - Collab (anyone up for it? message me bbz)

EDIT: If I can't get anyone for the collab, is there any chance I could change my last option to a cover of Hallelujah please? Cheers.
Last edited by Chu on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slorp

Post by slorp » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:45 pm

Weeks 1 & 2: Record song - Never Change (A HEARTBREAKING piano ballad featuring mainly Andrew. Musically it is fairly simple - basically Andrew playing a simple, almost plodding minor chord progression with some synthesised strings in the background. Lyrically it's basically him bidding farewell to somebody close to him who he won't see again. It is unclear whether or not this hackneyed display of affection is to a family member, a close friend or a lost love, or for that matter if it is about death or something more literal. Near the songs end there is a totally rad guitar solo courtesy of Erica which maintains the song's plaintive tone - it stops and starts frequently and contains the odd faltering (the piano continues in the background, that's still a solo right?). This is followed by a final verse.)
Weeks 3 & 4: Publicity (Publicise new album massively by actually going to space or failing that having loads of interviews and playing on radio and TV shows and stuff)

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Weeks 1, 2, 3: Release EP "Crash"
Tracks:
1) "Crash"
2) "Transparency"
3) "I Wish (FT ISLAND)"
4) "Breathe"

Week 4: Record collaboration "Greased Prayers" w/ The Great Metal Pilgrimage (to go in their songbank)
Last edited by Pineapple on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bix

Post by Bix » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:12 am

Week 1- Collaboration with Dis Mah Jam on their I'm Coming Home track.

Week 2- record song (collaboration) Body Blow (featuring Dis Mah Jam)
Techno Punk – Shane goes mad on the drums keeping the authentic drum rolls. Theo provides some of the electronic wizardry with distinct up tempo sections provided by Peter Muffin. Rob opts for electric acoustic, accompanied by Steve Scot, the pair work masterfully in the shared lime light. Maude and Sheldon Taylor’s vocal sections are a match made in heaven. The song is about a full on fight between a Lawyer and a criminal on the day after the criminal’s release.

1st Verse
All I wanted was to prove my innocence to you
But now the time has come, rough justice isn’t new
You tortured me, and you put me through hell
Now it’s your turn to feel, some pain as well

Chorus:
Your slanderous words on me, knocked me down to size
Now stand & fight … it’s a Body Blow surprise !
You threw your words at me, and things that I didn’t know
Now stand & fight … take a Body Blow ! Bo-dy Blow !!

2nd Verse
I’ve got you cornered now, and you might call me a loon
But you will hurt for real, flat out, staring at the moon
Vengeance will be mine, even though you may fight back
And at the end of this fight, you will not be ‘alright Jack’

[chorus]

Your slanderous words on me and things that I didn’t know
Take a body blow ! body blow ! Bo-dy Blow !!

[repeat chorus]

Week 3 & 4 - Publicity - Website and social media pages up & running. Following the successful Paris Trip and the features in Mix Mag & NME, an extensive selection of photo's and quotes from Maude and Rob have been made available across the internet. http://www.Liz4razu.com is the hub and from there anything can happen! The live blog is hot with comments regarding Maude's 'watch this space!' comment in the NME interview. Some people have also noticed many crazy photo's and snaps of weddings and wedding presents. Theo jumps on the live blog to say: "keep the faith, all will be revealed soon - Liz4razu 4eva".
TIME !

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:40 am

Week 1-record song- I'm Coming Home- a song following a soilder to his journey home after years of pain. Use of violin and piano is heavy and the vocals are quiet and slow paced. Featuring Liz4razu

Week 2- collaboration with Liz4razu

Week 3 and 4- publicity- set up a website named disjam.com for our dedicated fans

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:01 pm

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist wrote:Week 1 - Record Cover-Riptide(Vance Joy)
Week 2 - Record Cover-Bohemian Rhapsody(Queen)
Week 3+4 - Publicity (Charity work for ebola)
Thanks for telling me about collabs. I'll just do this instead tyvm.

Xenoblade Hero
NNID: XenobladeHero
3DS Friend Code: 189115095006
PSN ID: Xenoblade Hero

Post by Xenoblade Hero » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Week 1 - 2 - Publicity
Week 3 - Photoshoot
Week 4 - Collaboration w/ImPA.CT "Greased Prayers" (A progressive pop song that features heavy amounts of electronic and keyboard elements. It describes various food products in detail within the verses, however, the chorus reflects upon how obesity is ruining lives and, in turn, society. The title is a somewhat comedic take on how sacred fatty food is to many.

Sorry if this seems rushed I made this update quick as I didn't want to hold Fabong up further
BGO Weekly Nights- They're (Not) Back (Yet)!
Youtube Nugget Bridge

Overall ONM Hunger Games Champion and winner of The ONM VGC Tour

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Today's Song Of The Day- Hungry Hippo [Parry Gripp]

Excerpt from whichever one it is this time-

Pg 6- Feel It
Pg 9- Sandstorm
Pg 12- Trainwreck
Pg 14- Space Girl Are Keen For New Album
Pg 15- Crash
Pg 17- Liz4razu Website Apparently
Pg 18- Dis Mah Jam Website Apparently
Pg 20- Lady Lara Has Ebola!
Pg 21- The Great Metal Photoshoot
Pg 26- Alison Redd Pull-Out Poster
Pg 28- The Great Metal Heart Attack

Art Thou Feeling It Now, Mr Krabs?

Lytespeed Thunder have released their first album to great reception, converting the entire office into fans. The record is clearly a labour of love, and includes many tracks that we have no doubt everyone cool and hip and happening can relate to. A must-buy.
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Super Starduster release their debut album featuring an Egyptian theme. We love a good concept album, and this is no exception. Anything that starts with Sun King is clearly nothing short of THE BEST.
Choo-Choo

Don't let the cute cover art fool you, the Trainwreck EP is not to be taken lightly. Charli continues to carve out a style for herself with a package that we cannot doubt will be popular with the youth of today. Rock on.
SPAAAACE GIRL

Space Girl have repeatedly requested funds for a trip to outer space but their record label has refused them every time. The band is gathering a following however and the fanbase wishes them all the best in their mission to host the first zero-gravity concert.
Kaboom

The Crash extended play cements ImPA.CT's status as genuine crowd pleasers, including their hit single Breathe along with a few new treats, this short sample of their work is innovative and soulful. Top marks for that one.
The Grease Metal Pilgrimage

TGMP have been spotted at many fast food outlets lately, buying large amounts of fast food. They even sent ImPA.CT some in the post. What does it mean? Our resident conspiracy theorist thinks it could be something to do with PEAK OIL. Watch this space.
[/i]

---

JUly starts now, ending June 2015. No event actions this month, so do your thang.
#ff Garf

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist

Re: Super Greatest Hit <Deluxe Collector's Edition>

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:26 pm

W1-3 - Release EP: Moonshine Liquor
Songlist
1. Last Night
2.Wagon Wheel
3. Bohemian Rhapsody
4. Riptide

W4- (Start) Recording Song: Moonshine Liquor
Belter of a song with powerful vocals and crashing instrumentels in the chorus. Obviously enough, the song is about moonshine.

slorp

Post by slorp » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:34 pm

Weeks 1-4: Release album - Welcome Back Space Girl
1. Glacial
2. Nostradamus!
3. Space Girl
4. Break
5. Space Dog
6. Deep Water [The Middle East]
7. Never Change

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:45 pm

That is legitimately my new favourite album cover.
#ff Garf

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:12 am

Week 1- Record Cover- Muscle Museum [Muse]
Week 2- Record Cover- Stand Proud [Jin Hashimoto]
Week 3+4- Release Single- Walk Like An Egyption b/w Stand Proud

Bix

Post by Bix » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:31 am

Weeks 1 - 4: Release Album - Something Dark, Something New, Something Happy, Something Blue
Liz Hype ! Too many crazy posts received on the live blog for Liza4razu.com. Fans couldn't contain their happiness. One fan simply wrote "OMG I love you Maude #Liz4eva !"

TIME !

KingoftheSocks
PSN ID: KingoftheSocks
Steam ID: chronofighter

Post by KingoftheSocks » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:50 am

Week 1+2- Record Song- Humble Jungle- A very fast, upbeat and drum based paced song with rapping in the verses, lyrics about in the "concrete jungle".

Release Album Week 3-4 (continuing on to next week)- "Coming up from Below"
Songs
Waves
Ms Jackson
Hey Ya
Big Noise
Brother
Humble Jungle
Going Out
(Album artwork to come next set of actions)
Credit to liberal for this snazzy sig