Futurama Mafia ~ Game Over! Kappa wins!

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
Nintendo Ninja

Futurama Mafia ~ Game Over! Kappa wins!

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:00 pm

Night was beginning to fall in New New York and as the citizens settled down to watch the TV with their self microwaving hot dogs the evening showing of Everybody Loves Hypnotoad was interrupted by a news flash from Channel √2 news.
“Hello New New Yorkers, Linda Van Schoonhoven here to inform you of the sudden and shocking death of our beloved mayor, C. Randall Poopenmeyer, sources indicate that he was brutally murdered as he slept in the early hours of this evening by an unknown assailant. Police are appealing for all pitchfork wielders to gather together in a public show of respect for our beloved mayor. This is the latest in a spate of attacks that have rocked New New York over the last few days targeting notable dignitaries and many of the self proclaimed elite of our fair city. As always stay tuned to Channel √2 news for all the latest updates as they happen,”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Futurama Mafia, a mafia game based on the Futurama cartoons, if you’ve never heard of or watched Futurama before because you’ve been hiding under a rock then knowledge of the show isn’t necessary to play this mafia game but you’ll still have to put up with me making as numerous references to it.

The Rules:
1/ Do not under any circumstances printscreen or forward on any PMs you receive from me over the course of the game whether it be Role PM or the results of your night action if indeed you have one. This will result in me god killing you.
2/ All lynches placed during the daytime must be in Bold or they will not be counted. If you wish to retract an earlier lynch please try to remember to edit your old post saying that the old lynch has been retracted as this just makes it quicker for me to update which will hopefully make the game more enjoyable for you.
3/ No lynch is not a valid choice unless nobody died in the previous night phase. In the event of a tie lynch the result shall be decided by RNG. In the event that nobody posts a lynch the person to be killed will be randomised from the list of village aligned players.
4/ After death each player will get one death post, this is only to be used to wish your team mates good luck, lament your untimely demise, post a joke or even a song as you wish. But on no circumstances must your death post reveal any information which will help or hinder any faction.
5/ Once you’re dead, stay dead. Don’t post in the thread or pass information on to any players who are still alive, god kills will be issued as appropriate.
6/ If you fail to post in the thread for 3 consecutive day phases and/or fail to send in a night action to me for 3 consecutive nights I will assume that you are inactive and act accordingly, be that substituting you our or god killing you as applicable. If you’re going away on holiday or won’t be able to update for a few phases it’s common courtesy to let the host know beforehand in which case I may be more lenient with this.
7/ It is mentioned in role PMs but please make sure that when sending night actions they always start the subject with “Night X:” where X is the night in which you are sending the action. This just means that it will go to a specific folder in my inbox which makes it easier to sort out. Also if you don't wish to use your night action it'd be great if you could PM me with the subject "Night X: No Action", as this gives me a shot of updating early, unlikely though it is.
8/ Also i’d appreciate the link to any off site chats which are made specifically for use in this game as not only does it help me keep tabs on any possible rule breaking but I also like to know what’s going on as it helps me write the post game and keeps me entertained between update writing.
9/ Moreso something to bare in mind but I think it's worth pointing out here as you'll all definitely be reading the rules riiiight. Is that although I have tried to keep Role PMs as consistent as possible in their formatting and structure I have written them over the space of about a year at various intervals and my grasp on the use of commas amongst other highly advanced grammar techniques is average at the best of times so don't immediately discount a role claim on the basis of poor grammar as i'm not actually infallible.
10/ By signing up you are agreeing to abide by the above and are also acknowledging my right as host to amend the rules above or godkill players at my own discretion and at any time if they are cheating in ways i’ve not mentioned above or even if I just I feel that their conduct is unwarranted, uncivilised or is generally making the game less fun for other players in any way.

If you are made aware of anyone who is breaking the above rules then don’t hesitate to PM me so the appropriate action can be taken, it’s my first mafia as host so i’d like it to run as smoothly as possible and (in a shocking twist) for it to be as much fun for the players as possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is the first time you’ve ever played or seen a game of mafia before then it may very well be worth taking a look over a few of the guides found on the first page of the mafia thread under the heading “Useful Links for New Players”. Though if there’s anything you still don’t understand then drop me a PM and i’ll more than happy to answer any of the more general queries you may have or give you a nudge in the right direction to someone who can.

So I think that’s pretty much everything covered if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me as i’ll be more than happy to help but until then, let the games begin.
Last edited by Nintendo Ninja on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Nintendo Ninja

Re: Futurama Mafia: Don't post yet

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:00 pm

1/ Rik - Zapp Brannigan aka The Hooker - Killed Night 2
2/ Met - Amy Wong aka The Lover - Killed Night 2
3/ JenovaPX - ??? - Killed Night 2
4/ K2.
5/ jimbob - Lrrr aka The Devourer - Killed Night 5
6/ ABoxerWhoIsPacifist - Ethan "Bubblegum" Tate aka The Mason - Godkilled Day 3
7/ Aren142 - Joey Mousepad aka The Mafia Assasin - Killed Night 2
8/ Garf - Mom aka The Cultafia Godmother - Lynched Day 7
9/ BishBashBosh - Francis X. Clampazzo aka The Mafia Silencer - Killed Night 6
10/ Gazooki - Kif Kroker aka The Lover - Killed Night 2
11/ Scapegoat - The Head of Stephen Hawking aka The Celebrity Head - Killed Night 3
12/ Pokemaniac212 - Morbo aka The Cultafia Announcer - Killed Night 7
13/ Dix - The Head of Leonard Nimoy aka The Final Celeberity Head - Killed Night 6
14/ Edd - Walt, Larry & Igner aka The Cultafia Underlings - Killed Night 2
15/ Row101 - Professor Farnsworth aka The Inventor - Killed Night 7
16/ Quarg Ranger
17/ Robbie - The Head of Richard Nixon aka The Celebrity Head - Lynched Day 2
18/ Yinga Garten - Officer URL aka The Jailkeeper - Lynched Day 5
19/ Troggy - Hermes Conrad aka The Buereaucrat - Lynched Day 4
20/ Riyuka - Scruffy aka The Janitor... err I mean Tracker - Killed Night 3
21/ Cribs - "Curly" Joe aka The Mason - Killed Night 8
22/ Flag
23/ Oathkeeper - Bender "Bending" Rodriguez aka The Vigilante - Lynched Day 8
24/ Euan707
25/ Nofes - Hedonism Bot aka The Mafia Hooker - Killed Night 3
26/ Billy - Officer Smitty aka The Jailkeeper - Killed Night 9
27/ Omega Pit
28/ うさぎ - Nibbler aka The Insomniac - Killed Night 3
29/ Bes - The Hypnotoad aka The Hypnotist - Godkilled Day 6
30/ LFF - Phillip J. Fry aka The Detective - Lynched Day 6
31/ Decretum
32/ Kaeetayel - The Head of Al Gore aka The Celebrity Head - Killed Night 5
Last edited by Nintendo Ninja on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:01 pm

Last edited by Nintendo Ninja on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:02 pm

One last res for good luck.

I shall start sending out role PMs shortly so until then feel free to lynch randomly, engage in trash talking or post that your body is ready. Night 1 will start as soon as all Role PMs have been distributed.

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Re: Futurama Mafia: Role PMs Incoming

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:20 pm

Lynch Robob, Robbienob, Nobbyrob or whatever name he goes by.

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:31 pm

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist wrote:Lynch Robob, Robbienob, Nobbyrob or whatever name he goes by.
stfu meanie

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:31 pm

I got excited because the role PM subject made me think I was the Professor and I'd be able to poke everyone with my Fing-Longer :(
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Robbie wrote:
ABoxerWhoIsPacifist wrote:Lynch Robob, Robbienob, Nobbyrob or whatever name he goes by.
stfu meanie
Soz m8

Not Lynch ROBBIEBOB

As yet undecided

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Edd wrote:I got excited because the role PM subject made me think I was the Professor and I'd be able to poke everyone with my Fing-Longer :(
Lynch Edd clearly godfather case closed.

Great game guys, it was fun while it lasted.

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:08 pm

Good news Everyone!

A large crowd was gathering in front of the jumbotron in central New New York. Channel √2 News had promised a special on the spate of attacks that had been growing in severity over the past few months, even going as far as to claim they could identify the chief suspects. However as darkness fell and the crowd of pitchfork wielders grew ever larger there just seemed to be more and more adverts flashing up in front of them on the giant TV screen. When suddenly...

“Citizens of New New York, good evening. This is the Robot Mafia.” The voice boomed out from the jumbotron but the picture was merely static.
“We thank you all for coming down here today, it is a regrettable series of events, truly it is. However there comes a point in every crime syndicate’s life where you gotta go for gold. The big fish don’t keep swimming forever, not unless you devour all the little fish which is why in short, we’re taking over the city. Resistance is futile and to prove we’re serious we’ve prepared a little surprise for you. New New Yorkers, it’s been great talking to you but for now, good night”

There were gasps of horror as the static vanished and an image appeared, magnified to fit the jumbotron’s large screen. The mutilated body of Channel √2 News’ co anchor...

Linda Van Schoonhoven aka Nintendo Ninja was dead
Example Role PM wrote: Dear Nintendo Ninja
You are....

Linda Van Schoonhoven, the Host.

As the seemingly cheerful and upbeat co-host of the news on Channel √2 it is your job to remain professional, despite your fellow co-host's shortcomings, and merely report on the goings on in and around the city of New New York. You should remain neutral at all times as your job is to only read the news and make sure that the news headlines are ready on time, which is why you are this game’s Host.

At the end of each day and night phase you must write a short update detailing the news headlines of the previous phase including any deaths that happened in that phase and any other important info that the people of New New York should know.

You are allied with Nobody But Yourself and win if the game is ran smoothly and the updates are presented on time.
Shocked and appaled at the tragic turn of events the citizens of New New York returned home and began to plot how best to bring the Robot Mafia down...

Night 1 Begins now. All actions are valid. Deadline for PMs is 20:00 on 01/01/15

Kaeetayel
NNID: Kaeetayel
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1396-4416
Steam ID: kaeetayel

Re: Futurama Mafia ~ Night 1: Deadline 20:00 01/01/15

Post by Kaeetayel » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:39 pm

Yay mafiatimes

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:42 pm

Kaeetayel wrote:Yay mafiatimes
Sounds like mafia to me
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Kaeetayel

Post by Kaeetayel » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:46 pm

JenovaPX wrote:
Kaeetayel wrote:Yay mafiatimes
Sounds like mafia to me
Lynch the mafians

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:46 pm

Lynch LightSamus
Bucket

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:54 pm

MORBO WELCOMES OUR NEW MAFIA OVERLORDS

Also, completely forgot this was happening until I got a PM telling me that Met is the Godfather.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

Kaeetayel

Post by Kaeetayel » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:56 am

Aren142 wrote:MORBO WELCOMES OUR NEW MAFIA OVERLORDS

Also, completely forgot this was happening until I got a PM telling me that Met is the Godfather.
Darnit I wanted to be the godfather :c

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:28 am

Lynch Crisps

He's always mafia

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:37 am

Lynch garf before he accidentally kills me
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

K2.

Post by K2. » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:36 am

Awesome, and slightly luck I checked sonm now, means I can go have a look at my role pm now, although I'm unlikely to be active, not that anyone really has to be, till a couple hours after the deadline, although saying that the update could be whenever after the deadline so maybe I'll have finished up everything that I need to do today by then

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:12 pm

K2. wrote:Awesome, and slightly luck I checked sonm now, means I can go have a look at my role pm now, although I'm unlikely to be active, not that anyone really has to be, till a couple hours after the deadline, although saying that the update could be whenever after the deadline so maybe I'll have finished up everything that I need to do today by then
But if you're not active, how will you help your fellow mafia scumbags decide who to kill night 1? We need your input!
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

K2.

Post by K2. » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:36 pm

Aren142 wrote:
K2. wrote:Awesome, and slightly luck I checked sonm now, means I can go have a look at my role pm now, although I'm unlikely to be active, not that anyone really has to be, till a couple hours after the deadline, although saying that the update could be whenever after the deadline so maybe I'll have finished up everything that I need to do today by then
But if you're not active, how will you help your fellow mafia scumbags decide who to kill night 1? We need your input!
I suggest we kill Met, unless Yinga is playing then we should kill Yinga for sure

Troggy

Post by Troggy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Lynch LFF as mods are likely evil.
I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Just know that I am totally sexy and awesome and hot and cute and sexy and great.

That's all you need to know for now.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:06 pm

Keep us updated plez

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:18 pm

Met wrote:Just know that I am totally sexy and awesome and hot and cute and sexy and great.

That's all you need to know for now.
I'm on to you Zoidberg.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.