Futurama Mafia ~ Game Over! Kappa wins!

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
OmegaPit

Re: Futurama Mafia ~ Day 9: Deadline 19:00 17/01/15

Post by OmegaPit » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:01 am

Decretum wrote:Pretty sure a few have died actually.

Anyway given his stand-offishness from most of the game bar the odd occasion Lynch OmegaPit for similar reasons to Oathkeeper (the fact he's sat back and avoided gaining any attention that is) means he could always be something big.

Also just saying but godfather could be any of the innocent claims given how onmafia changed to suit the playerbase's needs in nonclue.
(Ugh, wrote out a decent post and then Mozilla crashed 9.9)

I've backed the village throughout the game and I'm accused of acting suspicious? It's not as if you've not been suspicious throughout this game either, in fact, between the two of us I think more people are suspicious of you than me, and seeing as you were so willing to prove your innocence yesterday then Lynch Decretum.

Besides, it's not as if I'm the only one who hasn't been the most active.

Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Post by Decretum » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:05 am

Is there a reason being willing to be proven innocent is suspicious?

I'm not really sure why I keep repeating things since it just gets ignored but I'm clearly not going to sway you so have it your way
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

Quarg Ranger
NNID: I wonder if
3DS Friend Code: writing in the
PSN ID: profile fields is
Xbox Gamertag: restricted?
Steam ID: Apparently not...

Post by Quarg Ranger » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:59 am

Lynch Omegapit

I know he lynched cult before, but he's been standoff-ish all game, and that's not how he usually plays, unlike Decretum. It's in mafia's interest to lynch off cult anyway, so saying that he killed cult doesn't necessarily bring him out of the blue.

I've not seen Decretum lynch a villager either by memory.
Wrathy: Water's not just a drink. I mean, you can't have a bath in lemonade, wash the dishes in sprite or flush the toilet with irn bru.
--
Gallery | RedBubble | Never Forget
--
I used to have an original sig, now I'm just a mod.

K2.

Post by K2. » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:41 am

Lynch Omegapit Decteum and Quarf raise fair points really

On my laptop now, so sightly better reasoning for my lynch. Omegapit is someone I hadn't actually noticed was still alive, and that instantly made me suspicious of them, however I was hesitant to lynch straight away in case euan or someone else had good reason to not lynch them, given the majority is so low, and now reached I believe. However Omegapit seems to be the best choice we have, so hopefully we got this right
Last edited by K2. on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flag

Post by Flag » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:52 am

Indeed they do. Had my suspicions for a short while myself too

Lynch Omegapit

Follow me on Twitter - @FlagCaptured

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:23 am

Majority has been reached, update incoming.

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:34 am

Based On a True Story

It had barely even reached mid day before the remaining citizens had decided their target. They open fired with an assortment of weaponry annihilating the unfortunate target and went home. However as they checked the evening news that night it appeared that...

Nobody Died

The only message was from someone who looked vaguely familiar declaring that:
"MORBO LIVES!"

Night 10 Begins now. Deadline is 19:00 17/01/15. Though I expect the update will be much sooner than that.

K2.

Re: Futurama Mafia ~ Night 10: Deadline 19:00 17/01/15

Post by K2. » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:35 am

Interesting result, if omegapit is mafian I'm guessing he has a role that allows him to survive one kill attempt/lynch

OmegaPit

Post by OmegaPit » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Or, God forbid, I'm not mafia?

K2.

Post by K2. » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:07 pm

Perhaps, and it has been quite a while since I last played mafia, so Nick would be better to ask, however from what I remember a role that can survive being killed once is normally alined with the mafia

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:25 pm

Not really. Steel mafian is a thing but that's night kills, and BPV is a villager thing too, but there's not really a regular/semiregular lynchblocking role (there could be but I assume it's probably a one shot)

K2.

Post by K2. » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:35 pm

Steel, shouldn't have forgotten that really, and fair enough, I was mistaking it as a rare villager role, whilst a fairly common mafian role

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Apologies for being slightly inactive, I was busy/unaware of the approaching deadline/insert other excuse here.
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

OmegaPit

Post by OmegaPit » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Don't say that you'll be accused of being mafia 9.9

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:42 pm

cyka

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Krafted with luv ...by monsters

The survivor came to meet them beneath the jumbotron dumping his victim next to theirs. It was time to finish this, the Donbot thought to himself as he looked down at the corpses.

K2. aka Turanga Leela was dead
Euan707 aka “Sweet” Clyde Dixon was dead

Role PM wrote: Dear K2.
You are....

Turanga Leela, the Safeguard.

Having suffered a lonely childhood in which you were constantly teased by your fellow orphans, you have become very attached to your friends at the Planet Express Delivery Company, the first people you met who ever truly made you feel at home. You want to make sure that, despite their lack of competence, they stay safe from the dangers of this conflict, which is why you are this game's Safeguard.

Each night phase you can PM me with the subject Night X: Safeguard 'USERNAME' and you will protect that person from any actions that would otherwise affect them, whether they be good or bad. However you will be unable to fight off any killers that may come calling in the night.

You are allied with The Citizens of New New York and win when all threats to New New York are eliminated.
Role PM wrote: Dear Euan707
You are....

”Sweet” Clyde Dixon, the Mason.

As a proud member of the Harlem Globetrotters who once declared a war of basketball on the citizens of earth, many would suspect you have no desire to help the earthlings in their current plight. However you and your fellow globetrotters, Ethan “Bubblegum” Tate & “Curly” Joe, are some of the finest scientific minds in the universe and together have helped save the earth and the planet express crew from numerous physics and maths related problems and so you decided to lend a hand in the current conflict. Globetrotters work best when they’re working as a team and you know that you can always trust your friends to help out, which is why you are this game’s Mason.

At any time during the day or night phase you are free to communicate with your fellow basketball players, ABoxerWhoIsPacifist & Cribs on this convenient chatango.

You are allied with The Citizens of New New York and win when all threats to New New York are eliminated.
“So kind of you, to save us the trouble of coming to find you,” the Donbot called out to him, “But I think we have you outnumbered”. Beside him, Calculon and the Robot Devil grinned.
“You seems to think numbers matter to me but you will die, one by one” Robot Santa called back “You’ve all been very naughty, very naughty indeed and it’s time for you to die”
Santa pulled out his T.O.W. Missile Launcher as the remnants of the Robot Mafia charged forward. They dodged the first T.O.W. missile as Calculon got close enough hit him with an impressive karate chop that he’d seen in a kung-fu movie once before being knocked aside, Santa quickly turning to try and finish him off. Luckily the Donbot got Santa’s attention, unloading a full tommy gun clip into his chest sending him reeling. Santa threw a few bauble grenades to distract the Don as he whistled for his sleigh, the mechanical reindeers dutifully appearing above him as the Robot Devil took advantage of the distraction and clobbered Santa with a solid gold violin, denting what was left of his once paradox proof crumple zones as Santa ran for his sleigh getting on board and taking to the air. Suddenly Kwanzaa Bot appeared as if from nowhere ramming the sleigh and knocking Santa clear. Sending him tumbling through the air till the body of the once feared Robot Santa hit the ground and burst into flames.

OmegaPit aka Robot Santa was dead
Role PM wrote: Dear OmegaPit
You are....

Robot Santa, the Wolf.

Whilst you usually save your massacres for christmas you’ve decided to make a special exception on this occasion. New New York is a city full of naughty people but you can’t simply let the Robot Mafia take control of New New York either. Such an act would cause unprecedented damage to the city and it’s citizens and you were going to do that damage, which is why you are this game’s Wolf.

Each night phase you may PM me with either the subject Night X: Kill/Investigate ‘USERNAME’ you will then either kill the player specified or investigate them to find out whether they’re naughty or nice and also what their role PM is.
In addition to this night action you were also fitted with paradox proof crumple zones which makes you very difficult to kill hence you will survive the first attempt on your life. You will be notified if this occurs.

You are allied with Nobody but yourself and win when you are the last person standing.
GAME OVER!
MAFIANS WIN!

The three mafiosos stood over the burning wreckage of their foe as Kwanzaa Bot touched down beside them, “Yo Donbot I got your call, i’m not too late am I?”

Kappa joined the mafia

K2.

Re: Futurama Mafia ~ Game Over! Kappa wins!

Post by K2. » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:01 pm

Well Omega was a threat to the village, if not mafian, so I feel slightly better about that

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:02 pm

And thus we have our victors, the Robot Mafia:
The Robot Mafia
Donbot - Mafia Godfather - Quarg Ranger
Joey Mousepad - Mafia Assassin - Aren142
Clamps - Mafia Silencer - BishBashBosh
Robot Devil - Mafia Steel - Decretum
Hedonism Bot - Mafia Hooker - Nofes
Calculon - Mafia Actor - Flag
Good news everyone, you're a member of the Robot Mafia, your fellow mafians are listed above and there's a chatango that has been created for your use over here should you wish to use it.
Survivors:
Quarg Ranger aka The Donbot survived
Role PM wrote: Dear Quarg Ranger
You are....

Donbot, the Mafia Godfather

As the head of a successful crime syndicate it was inevitable that you’d eventually have to lock horns with established authority so you decided to make the first strike in the hope of making this as profitable a venture as possible. You’ve gathered your loyal goons and even collected a few more accomplices for good measure, the Robot Mafia’s time is now and it’s up to you to lead them, which is why you are this game’s Mafia Godfather.

Each night phase you may PM me with the subject Night X: Sending ‘MEMBER’ to kill ‘USERNAME’ and you will then send that member of the Robot Mafia to kill the player specified. They will not be able to use any night action they may have if they are sent for a kill.
In addition to this you have taken the precaution of setting up a screen to prevent the police from catching you too easily, should you be investigated your role PM will appear to be:
Role PM wrote: Dear Quarg Ranger
You are....

Elzar, the Gossip.

As the owner and head chef of your own popular restaurant as well as the star of the cooking show “Essence of Elzar”, it’s easy to see that conflict on the streets of New New York is bad for business as it’s scaring away all your customers so you’ve vowed to do your best to help the Robot Mafia go down. There’s not much you yourself can do but as you walk around your restaurant at night you hear all kinds of interesting titbits from some notable people in and around New New York, which is why you are this game’s Gossip.

At the end of each night phase there is a chance you will hear a piece of gossip and receive the details of a randomly selected night action by PM. The player who used the night action will not know you have received this information.

You are allied with The Robot Mafia and win when the number of living players within the Robot Mafia outnumbers all other living players.
Decretum aka The Robot Devil survived
Role PM wrote: Dear Decretum
You are....

The Robot Devil, the Mafia Steel

The Donbot made a deal with the devil with you and here you are. In exchange for your help in the battle against New New York the Donbot promised that you would be the one to kill Fry, in revenge for him using your hands and making them smell like candy corn, you’re still not fully convinced by the Donbot’s goals but a deal is a deal, which is why you are this game’s Mafia Steel.

During the night you enjoy spending time down in Robot Hell torturing robots in ironic ways and making catchy songs, this means that any attempts to kill you at night will fail as they won’t be able to reach you down in hell.

You are allied with The Robot Mafia and win when the number of living players within the Robot Mafia outnumbers all other living players.
Flag aka Calculon survived
Role PM wrote: Dear Flag
You are....

Calculon, the Mafia Actor

You’re helping out the Donbot in his new film, a gripping live drama in which the Robot Mafia strives to take over the city. He’s certain you’ll get an Oscar for your part playing a dashing young acting unit who will eventually lead the Robot Mafia to greatness using only his raw acting talent to play the parts of his defeated adversaries, which is why you are this game’s Mafia Actor.

When sent to complete a kill by the godfather there is a chance you will gain a one shot version of the role the person you killed had. These one shot versions can only be used once, can not be used on the same night as each other or on the same night you are sent to perform the mafia’s night kill, they do however stack.
If you have a one shot action and wish to use it then you may PM me with the subject Night X: Using ‘ACTION’ on ‘USERNAME’ where ‘ACTION’ is the one shot action you wish to use on that player.

K2.

Post by K2. » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:04 pm

I had suspicions of flag, not that amounts to much now post game, but I was convinced Quarg wasn't mafian, I really need practise at mafia more really

Not going to post again but I'll sum up my actions in the game later on if anyone cares
Last edited by K2. on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OmegaPit

Post by OmegaPit » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:04 pm

No wonder my attempt to kill Decretum failed. I'm glad I got to kill everyone who dared kill me :|

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:05 pm

if only cult had not gone for decretum as well for a couple of nights.

Well hosted though, nun, gg

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:05 pm

OmegaPit wrote:No wonder my attempt to kill Decretum failed.
You weren't the first don't worry.

Also for the curious:
Role PM wrote: Dear JenovaPX
You are....

Dr. John A. Zoidberg, the Doctor.

Desperate for acceptance both by your fellow crew members and the wider community of New New York you want to help out as best you can in this conflict and try to stop any of your friends and colleagues from falling afoul of the Robot Mafia's attacks. Even though your doctorate is in art history you have shown a remarkable aptitude for repairing members of the planet express crew after even the most horrific incidents, which is why you are this game's Doctor.

Each night phase you can PM me with the subject Night X: Protect ‘USERNAME' and no matter how terrible a death they may suffer that night you will be close at hand to recover and repair their body so they can live on. You cannot target yourself with this action.

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:09 pm

get gooseberry fool other joe i'm the best joe in town

OmegaPit

Post by OmegaPit » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:12 pm

Kappa wrote:get gooseberry fool other joe i'm the best joe in town
liverpool tart pls you didn't even get to kill anyone.

Flag

Post by Flag » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Good game everyone!

Also, now that I'm able to discuss it without being outed as mafia - I ended up getting the kill on Pokemaniac and gained a one shot of the announcement ability. That late in the game there was not much I could do to mess with everyone, hence announcing 'Morbo lives!' for a bit of a giggle.

Unfortunately not a single one of you picked up on that and I am very disappoint. Really surprised I didn't get lynched either at some point, I guessed it was assumed I was mafia at some point or another haha

Follow me on Twitter - @FlagCaptured