Welcome to GAAW | Rules and Conduct

Show off your creativity! Also come here for signature and avatar requests, community projects and competitions.
Dizzybow

Welcome to GAAW | Rules and Conduct

Post by Dizzybow » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Original thread by ChrisONM

Welcome to Graphics, Arts and Writing!

This subforum is your blank canvas to express yourself and share your artistic talent with the rest of the community. Hopefully you enjoy your visit and decide to stick around! I'm afraid we need to get a few formalities out of the way so here goes. And remember; these rules apply to GAAW only!

[1] Everyone is entitled to their own gallery

A gallery is essentially a showcase of your artwork and/or videos; a thread dedicated to presenting your pieces for others to comment on and enjoy. A home to your artistic talent one may say. We ask that you name your thread with your username and the date the thread was last updated, for example:

Dizzybow's Gallery [20/10/14]

If you want to add more to the title following that, feel free, just remember to always keep your gallery named and dated for everyone!

[2] Videos should be posted in your gallery

Unless the premise of the thread requires otherwise - such as for collaborative projects - we ask that any videos you create and wish to share remain in your gallery. We don't want to see separate threads for individual videos cluttering GAAW! If you are active both in art/design and video creation, you are allowed a separate gallery thread for your videos if you so choose. For example:

Dizzybow's Videos [24/10/14]

[3] Each author gets one thread per story

This is to prevent the section from becoming saturated with threads that all relate to a single story; in other words, don't create a new thread for each separate chapter.

[4] Signature Requests

If you're looking for a signature, banner, avatar etc. GAAW is saturated with artists whom are more often than not very willing to help. Please use this thread for any requests. Remember, these members are doing you a massive favour and have no obligation to you in the slightest. Be polite and patient or lose out.

[5] Inappropriate Content

Any unsuitable or inappropriate contents - such as those depicting themes of a sexual or especially violent nature - are not permitted in accordance with forum rules and will be removed, and further action may be taken against the poster at a moderator's discretion.

[6] Critiques and General Conduct

Feedback on a user's work is often a crucial tool for improvement and is very much encouraged. However, this does not give you the right to simply make a statement such as "this is terrible" and be done with it. Either be constuctive with your comments or don't post at all. Blatantly criticising a user's work with no clear intentions to be constructive will be dealt with accordingly.

[7] Copyright and Image Ownership

Please be aware that some images on the internet are not all free from copyrights. We ask that you show some consideration when you use images, especially of other peoples artwork, or pictures of people. Ripping - that is to say stealing another artist's work and presenting it as your own - is not allowed. Such behaviour is highly condemned and suitable measures will be taken at the discretion of a moderator. Where possible please seek permission and give credit for any images that you do use (for example in signatures or avatars).

All rights of uploaded or embedded content by our users remain the property of our users and SONM will not use that content for any other purpose than as the user defines.

Thanks for reading. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask in this thread, and a team member should reply shortly. Other than that, enjoy the art and see you around the forum!
Last edited by Dizzybow on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Re: Welcome to GAAW | Rules and Conduct

Post by Scapegoat » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:51 pm

When you say videos, does this mean that I can post my YouTube videos for critique purposes? Or would this be considered advertising and against the rules? Not sure what your policy is on sharing YouTube channels, I understand that most people hate it when someone even so much as mentions YouTube.

Dizzybow

Post by Dizzybow » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm not a mod anymore but when these rules were written the stance was you can post your own videos in your gallery at will so long as the videos themselves fall within the forum rules. Might want a moderator to verify that just to be certain.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Yep you can go ahead an post your youtube videos no problem! In fact, you can make use of the youtube bbcode tags to have them display in-post, too!

Zanreo

Post by Zanreo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:13 pm

You say "one thread per story", going by this can I make one thread specifically for my webcomic, and another topic for other artwork and creations, or should I just make one thread for everything?
Image My webcomic, check it out

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Yep you can have a thread for both (: