Stream Magazine // ISSUE 5 FOR XMAS? (CONTRIBUTORS NEEDED!)

Show off your creativity! Also come here for signature and avatar requests, community projects and competitions.
Noodle Link
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito

Stream Magazine // ISSUE 5 FOR XMAS? (CONTRIBUTORS NEEDED!)

Post by Noodle Link » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:49 pm

What is Stream?

Stream magazine was the product of a number of us in the GAAW community back on ONM, primarily its original creator Conorr and since then myself (editor) and TJ HipHop (who does most of the work in actually designing the thing). Combining our mutual interests of video games, music, film, comics and manga, and so on, we created a virtual magazine to be enjoyed by ourselves and others, across the forum, and beyond. Our most recent issue, that being number five, has seen numerous delays due to the drop in activity on the old forums, but with the launch of SONM and the amount of activity it has spawned in its wake, Teague and I felt that now would be a great time to try and generate some interest in the project once more to produce at least one more issue.

Can I join in?

Of course! Provided you have (at least) standard writing skills and something interesting to put a pen to paper about, we're open to anyone getting involved. Simply PM me, or post in the thread and we'll see what we can do!

How do I send something in?

In much the same way, PM me with your article. Providing it's up to scratch and follows the template below (and deleting the <tags>), it will be in the upcoming issue (providing we get enough articles to fill our pages, anyway).

Code: Select all

[quote]
<Article Title>
<Article Subheading - preferably 1-15 words>
<Article Type (e.g Review, Preview, Feature, Story etc.)>

<Main Article body - try to keep it between 600-2500 words but more or less is usually fine>

<[IF APPLICABLE] Conclusion - roughly 70-120 words>

<OPTIONAL: Links to pictures to go with the article>
<OPTIONAL: Captions for each picture>
[/quote]
CURRENT DEADLINE: DECEMBER 2014
We're hoping to get enough articles in by December so that the magazine can be produced and published in time for Christmas.

Conorr - Founder, former Editor (2012)
TJ Hiphop - Editor and Magazine Graphics/Layout Designer
Noodle Link - Assistant Editor and Contributor

Check out past issues here. Just ignore my embarrassingly poor older material. Please.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Press the spine covers to read the magazine.

Text-only Stream
This was a project we started up with the launch of issue 3, I believe. It compiles our articles for those who cannot use the issuu site efficiently. We'll most probably continue using it as new issues are released.

So, again, if you wish to contribute please drop a reply. Don't, however, submit your articles here on the thread. Wouldn't want to spoil your masterpieces before they look all pretty in the magazine, would you?

Thanks again, here's hoping we can get this project going once more~!
Last edited by Noodle Link on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Re: Stream Magazine // ISSUE 5 FOR XMAS? (CONTRIBUTORS NEEDE

Post by OrangeRakoon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:06 am

Would be super on board to see Stream come back to life. One of the most professional looking projects I've seen come out of ONM.

Now that SONM is it's own place independent of the old Official Nintendo Magazine, we also have the opportunity here should it be wanted for Stream to be the main magazine of our community, which would be cool!

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:17 am

Oh, absolutely. I'm not sure we'll even get one more issue of this thing out, let alone a regular stream (lmao) of issues, but incidentally, is there any chance we could get the thread stickied?
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:19 am

I never saw this back on ONM, definitely giving it a look now! I might be interested in writing for this as I actually have done reviews in the past, I'll be reviewing OR/AS for my channel when it comes out so I might use the script for that with modifications. Also interested in writing some opinion pieces, if I have anything to submit I definitely will post here.

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:20 am

Scapegoat wrote:I never saw this back on ONM, definitely giving it a look now! I might be interested in writing for this as I actually have done reviews in the past, I'll be reviewing OR/AS for my channel when it comes out so I might use the script for that with modifications. Also interested in writing some opinion pieces, if I have anything to submit I definitely will post here.
Thanks man! Be sure to PM me anything you've got, we're kinda desperate at this point.

Drukqs

Post by Drukqs » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:21 am

I remember this, I'll try and contribute whatever I can.

Also, if you had any material submitted for previous issues, as unlikely as it is, maybe you could use that?

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:23 am

We have a couple of things (excluding the two or three things I've got in it) for Issue 5 but that's literally it. We got one article from a certain member that really wasn't up to snuff spelling and grammar wise and was beyond editing. Reaching.

KameRule
NNID: KameRule
3DS Friend Code: 3711-7313-4406

Post by KameRule » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Noodle Link wrote:We have a couple of things (excluding the two or three things I've got in it) for Issue 5 but that's literally it. We got one article from a certain member that really wasn't up to snuff spelling and grammar wise and was beyond editing. Reaching.
Beyond editing? I'm sure I could take a look at it; PM me and I'll see what I can do.
"Mike, that computer is actually a time machine, and inside is ADOLF HITLER!"

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:14 pm

KameRule wrote:
Noodle Link wrote:We have a couple of things (excluding the two or three things I've got in it) for Issue 5 but that's literally it. We got one article from a certain member that really wasn't up to snuff spelling and grammar wise and was beyond editing. Reaching.
Beyond editing? I'm sure I could take a look at it; PM me and I'll see what I can do.
Nah, I just mean it was a mess of an article and the whole thing would have to be re-written. Not sure if I even have it anymore anyhow.

Flag

Post by Flag » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:20 pm

You're more than welcome to use the stuff I submitted way back when if you still have it. Can't for the life of me remember what it was about but there's that I guess.

Follow me on Twitter - @FlagCaptured

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:22 pm

I don't think I have anything you've sent in, Matt.

Flag

Post by Flag » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Let me have a browse through my old files then, I'll have something somewhere I think.

Failing that, give me a few guidelines for what you'd be wanting and I'll get something together when I get chance!

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Just anything within reason, dude.

WithLoveAndSqualor
NNID: KingDanana
3DS Friend Code: 2320-6489-5789
PSN ID: KingDanana
Xbox Gamertag: King Danana
Steam ID: King_Danana

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:59 pm

i've got a bunch of reviews and articles kicking around that i don't have anywhere to publish, i've lumped them all onto a tumblr page i made to archive them, so i'll send a few your way to see if they'd be any use to you.
UNTOUCHABLE
HAIL TO THE KING/FM\ twit

Ash
NNID: Ash_Harrison1
PSN ID: Ash_Harrison1
Steam ID: FightAshFight

Post by Ash » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:20 pm

Pushing aside everything that's happened between you and I for a second, Ed, I could probably contribute with reviews of inFAMOUS: Second Son, WWE 2K15 and The Last of Us (ReMastered). Definitely the former two, unsure about the latter, depends on if my brother will allow me to borrow it or returns my PS3 copy before Issue 5.

GreenRupee

Post by GreenRupee » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:13 pm

Since there was a Doctor Who review in one of the issues, I could review the upcoming episode(s). I'm up for a review of Interstellar (when it's released), or even Godzilla when my Blu-Ray copy arrives.
I apologise in advance.

Flag

Post by Flag » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:09 am

Smash Bros 3DS review in which it gets 3/10 - yay or nay?

I feel like I may attract some criticism with that one...

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:58 am

eton mess, I just realised I never sent you that Bravely Default review that I said I would. Woops.
I'd gladly contribute something to the new issue though, maybe a review of The Strain or something. If I say I'm going to do something and don't then feel free to shout at me because that's the only way I'll remember.

Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:29 am

Can't believe I didn't notice this on the old ajhip, it's really impressive. Will probably only be a quiet observer, as the only game I play nowadays is FIFA, unless there would be the demand for it.

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:05 am

Ash wrote:Pushing aside everything that's happened between you and I for a second, Ed, I could probably contribute with reviews of inFAMOUS: Second Son, WWE 2K15 and The Last of Us (ReMastered). Definitely the former two, unsure about the latter, depends on if my brother will allow me to borrow it or returns my PS3 copy before Issue 5.
Maybe if you stop living in a soap opera.

Seriously though, send in whatever. Greatly appreciated and I know you're good at writing so I trust you'll send in some quality material.
Flag wrote:Smash Bros 3DS review in which it gets 3/10 - yay or nay?

I feel like I may attract some criticism with that one...
We're not GameSpot, Matt.
Rik wrote:eton mess, I just realised I never sent you that Bravely Default review that I said I would. Woops.
I'd gladly contribute something to the new issue though, maybe a review of The Strain or something. If I say I'm going to do something and don't then feel free to shout at me because that's the only way I'll remember.
You didn't! Feel free to send that in and whatever else c:

Flag

Post by Flag » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:31 pm

It's a bad game, it should receive an appropriately low score.

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Flag wrote:It's a bad game, it should receive an appropriately low score.
lmao

Flag

Post by Flag » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:48 pm

^ how to not get people to contribute.

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:49 pm

No, please send it in. I'm interested to see how anyone could give that game less than 6 or maybe 5 out of ten.

Kriken
FKA liberal
NNID: PhoenixVonKarma
Steam ID: Kriken

Post by Kriken » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:04 am

I think Flag should do the comedy pages in every issue.