Stream Magazine // ISSUE 5 FOR XMAS? (CONTRIBUTORS NEEDED!)

Show off your creativity! Also come here for signature and avatar requests, community projects and competitions.
Flag

Re: Stream Magazine // ISSUE 5 FOR XMAS? (CONTRIBUTORS NEEDE

Post by Flag » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:19 am

Maybe 3 is harsh, but comparing it to the past versions of the game, it's just not got a patch on Melee and Brawl, personally. It's a game that's designed to be multiplayer, but plays best in single player yet has no sort of single player mode in the style of Adventure Mode or Subspace, hence most of it is just replaying the same few modes over and over and over again to grind trophies.

It's alright for a few hours and then that's it. Certainly would go no higher than 5.

Follow me on Twitter - @FlagCaptured

Ash
NNID: Ash_Harrison1
PSN ID: Ash_Harrison1
Steam ID: FightAshFight

Post by Ash » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:28 am

Just got a bit more to write, then some touching up to do, but my inFAMOUS review is about 90% finished now, should definitely be sent in before the end of the week.

Noodle Link
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:10 pm

Ash wrote:Just got a bit more to write, then some touching up to do, but my inFAMOUS review is about 90% finished now, should definitely be sent in before the end of the week.
Cool :D
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ash

Post by Ash » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Do we rate out of 5 or out of 10? I forget.

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Ash wrote:Do we rate out of 5 or out of 10? I forget.
It doesn't really matter given that you can just half a score out of ten, but regardless, we use a fairly standard 5-star rating system. You can do halves though, e.g 3.5/5
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

TJ Hipkiss
NNID: TJ_Hipkiss
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7686

Post by TJ Hipkiss » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Hey folks, I'm back from holiday and 100% on board to give this a big push. Let's get some momentum going!

I recognise at times Noodle does a better job of keeping this going than I, but that's not through a lack of care, I just don't appear on the forums as much as I used to. So yeah, please send anything you got to both of us.

And please, do fill in the form in the OP. Content is great, but having a regular team willing to contribute is what allows us to keep going, rather than begging for scraps. Additionally, while it never came to fruition in the first 4 issues, this is the GAAW mag, so art submissions are more than welcome! Even if you can find them elsewhere on the internet, send in a recent work you're proud of.

EDIT: I thought the form in the OP was to apply to be a team member, but it's just a layout for submissions. You should definitely fill that in too, but what I meant sorta still stands. We need regulars.

DOUBLE EDIT: Mods, is there any way to let two different members edit the same post? I feel like if me and Ed could share the OP it'd be handy, if not, maybe there could be two threads? One for the posting of the latest issues and another for discussing them?

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:56 pm

No easy way of letting you both edit the same post I'm afraid. Best we could do is change the owner of the second post to you, so that you each own the top two posts. A second thread is perfectly acceptable too though, if one is for issues/comments and the other for content/creation discussion and submission. In fact that could work better.

Also, great to see you around TJ!

TJ Hipkiss

Post by TJ Hipkiss » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Okay, fair enough. I think the thread thing is the way to go, how you expressed it was exactly what I had in mind!

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:08 pm

Teague, I can just send you the code for the OP as is and you can edit it as you wish and then send the code back. Seems easiest to me.

EDIT: Or we can do that thing, whatever's best for ya :3

Ash

Post by Ash » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:45 pm

Ed, TJ, you guys get that PM with the Second Son review in?

Also, when's the deadline for submissions for this issue? December is too vague if I'm going to do a WWE 2K15 review due to it not launching until the 21st of this month...

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:34 pm

Ash wrote:Ed, TJ, you guys get that PM with the Second Son review in?

Also, when's the deadline for submissions for this issue? December is too vague if I'm going to do a WWE 2K15 review due to it not launching until the 21st of this month...
I got it. I think the aim is to get Issue 5 out for Christmas, so make of that what you will.

TJ Hipkiss

Post by TJ Hipkiss » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 pm

I think we can probably afford to narrow down the deadline to Mid-December. The fact of the matter is putting text into magazine form doesn't actually take too long, so it's something that we can be flexible about but obviously you have to draw the line at some point.

@Noodle Ahh, thanks! Either way sounds good, but if I were to make a second thread, that wouldn't have to happen for a while, so we can cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, I'll drop a PM if I feel like I need to make any OP changes!

Ash

Post by Ash » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:07 pm

Mid December is fine for me, then. Can get you the review by then easily.

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:45 pm

Is this only reviews or is it guides as well?

TJ Hipkiss

Post by TJ Hipkiss » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:21 am

Almost any written content is accepted. Just as long as it sticks to the general theme of media, and is well-written. So yes, guides are okay.

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:31 am

If you still need some stuff & could do with something retro .. I have a few write up's about 26 hours with The World Ends With You, Earthbound & a Tales on GBA possibly others. I was writing them as part of an old thread on ONM.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:16 pm

Currently working on a second opinion on the subject of a review that's been submitted. Also adapting a short review I wrote a while back, and editing a review of the first episode of the Fargo TV series that aired earlier this year. Once I've done all of these things, I feel I'll have done my part for issue 5, at least in terms of written content.

Apologies for not being on that much over the last however many days, but as TJ said, almost any written content is acceptable, so just send in whatever you have and we'll either approve or disapprove of it (most likely the former).

I was thinking of doing a little piece on Bee and Puppycat given that the series got going this morning, but it kinda speaks for itself, really!

(Go watch Bee and Puppycat)

WithLoveAndSqualor
NNID: KingDanana
3DS Friend Code: 2320-6489-5789
PSN ID: KingDanana
Xbox Gamertag: King Danana
Steam ID: King_Danana

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:13 pm

thinking of writing an article regarding my feelings toward the evil within and resident evil 4; might write something about smash bros 3DS and a potential review of the master chief collection when i pick it up next week.
UNTOUCHABLE
HAIL TO THE KING/FM\ twit

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:43 pm

I've never really thought about this, but how much content is needed, exactly? I feel we should add up so there isn't too much packed into one issue.

This is not to say you shouldn't keep writing stuff for the magazine, of course! If things keep up at this pace, we might even get an Issue 6 in.

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:29 pm

Yeah that would probably be good aon I'm gonna save my FIFA 15 review till 6.

TJ Hipkiss

Post by TJ Hipkiss » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:09 am

Just so people know, I've tightened and refined the magazine's design as far as it'll go and begun work on what has been sent in so far. Which currently is two and half articles (translating to 5 pages). That's about 90% done at this point with minimal hassle.

So if people have more to send in, please don't refrain, even if you might want to hold it back to a later issue, send it in as soon as you can.

Noodle Link

Post by Noodle Link » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:23 am

TJ Hipkiss wrote:So if people have more to send in, please don't refrain, even if you might want to hold it back to a later issue, send it in as soon as you can.
Yes, this.

I've got a couple more reviews to go in which I imagine will consist of 3/4 pages combined. They've already been written elsewhere but being me I feel the need to refine and extend them before they go into virtual print or whatever you want to call it.

Not right now though, I have drank far too much alcohol this weekend to do anything.

Ash

Post by Ash » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Brother's let me borrow Alien Isolation instead of Last of Us Remastered, so I'll more than likely be sending in a review of it once I've finished the game.