GuitarHero's Music - Piano Tunes Galore

Show off your creativity! Also come here for signature and avatar requests, community projects and competitions.
GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

Re: GuitarHero's Music - VGM aplenty

Post by GuitarHero » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Fabong wrote:
GuitarHero wrote:4 AM.
massive tune glad to hear it, rainy version also welcome
You're welcome (:

Another update now, a fair few to get through.
Some sound effects from The Legend of Zelda, here's the Flute, Uncover Secret asnd Ganon Appears (and is defeated).

Another hour from Animal Crossing: 5 AM and 5 AM (Rain). We're now getting to the pieces with less silence in thankfully, as it can be a bit awkward just sitting there to be able to play again.
One more piece from Animal Crossing too, this time The Roost. Just sit back and relax while drinking a cup of joe...

Finally, a piece from Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - Questioning (Testimony). I have a few more Ace Attorney pieces in mind to play at some point too

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Re: GuitarHero's Music - VGM aplenty

Post by euan707 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:52 pm

I've always enjoyed playing the piano, unfortunately I never learned properly (and it's in the wrong clef for me) so it's always just been easy pieces. One I've always enjoyed playing is Grandma's Theme from Wind Waker, and Warmth and Kindness from Layton 6.
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

GuitarHero

Another Update

Post by GuitarHero » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:03 pm

euan707 wrote:I've always enjoyed playing the piano, unfortunately I never learned properly (and it's in the wrong clef for me) so it's always just been easy pieces. One I've always enjoyed playing is Grandma's Theme from Wind Waker, and Warmth and Kindness from Layton 6.
I have a friend who was like that, but he taught himself piano enough to play what he wanted to play (which was a LOT of Coldplay) as he's a great singer so wanted to combine the two. He managed to make girls literally weep for his performance in my old school's concert so basically if you have in mind things that you want to play that definitely helps!

I do love Warmth and Kindness and I'll definitely do that at some point as I have the sheet music from a while ago.

So another update here.
First up is the short but very memorable Get Treasure Fanfare from The Legend of Zelda. You'll definitely recognise it!
A couple more pieces from Ocarina of Time now with the simple New Ocarina Melody, grandiose Enter Zelda, Zelda's Theme and the Great Deku Tree. I have quite a lot more to come from Ocarina of Time soon.

Here we have a second piece from The Binding of Isaac this it is Serenity (Interlude). I'm not too sure exactly where it plays in the game though...

Here is another piece by Einaudi, from his latest album Elements in fact, Song for Gavin. One of my favourite pieces from the album, for sure and it's a great tribute to his colleague and friend the Gavin Clark, who if you watched the This is England series you will have heard.

Finally, something from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I really enjoyed watching this series and it had a great soundtrack to boot. So here is Happiness - Requiem for the Blind Alchemist.

GuitarHero

Ocarina of Time Pieces + New Sound Set-up!

Post by GuitarHero » Thu May 12, 2016 1:37 pm

If you're thinking you've seen this before, you have. Well at least for the first part. I'm just reposting and adding stuff after the line break so as to not triple post.

This time it's all Ocarina of Time music, as I enjoyed going through the Ocarina songs. First off here's the warp songs: All were fun to play, with Serenade of Water being my favourite as it flows beautifully.
Next are the "Spell songs" or the songs that have a magical effect: If you want all the songs from Ocarina of time that I've done, check out the playlist here.

The first Kirby piece I've done, the Title Screen from Epic Yarn. Quite bouncy, plus the second half is a very nice chord sequence.

Another Super Mario Galaxy piece, this time Toad Brigade. This has become Captain Toad's theme (plus a few other sections) but this is where it all began.
JacquesLEB wrote:I've been thinking of doing something similar I've been playing piano for along time and want to record some covers,

What equipment do you use to record? camera, microphone etc.
Just thought I'd add now that I've changed it now. Still recording off the video with my phone, but now I'm taking the audio from the headphone output and putting it straight into a computer (recording with Audacity in fact). So the sound quality is much superior now.

This can be seen from this piece from Super Mario Galaxy, Library. This was more a test to try out the new set up and it came out great.

However, this next piece is where it is more noticeable. From Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, comes Warmth and Kindness. As I said to Euan, I did expect to do this at some point and I'm glad I could do it with a greater sound quality.

Jezo
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Re: GuitarHero's Music - New Set-Up

Post by Jezo » Tue May 24, 2016 12:57 pm

My fave songs are probably Impulse, Stricken, Cities on Flame with Rock & Roll and ttfaf
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing

fluffyKittan
NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

Re: GuitarHero's Music - New Set-Up

Post by fluffyKittan » Tue May 24, 2016 1:47 pm

Y no Jordan
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

GuitarHero

MOAR MOOSIK!

Post by GuitarHero » Wed May 25, 2016 2:55 pm

Jezo wrote:My fave songs are probably Impulse, Stricken, Cities on Flame with Rock & Roll and ttfaf
My favourite song from GuitarThis is an important space, as I have no space Hero is Hotel California tbh.

I've been in a bit of an Animal Crossing mood recently, so here's some more. Another one for the hour's playlist with 6 AM and 6 AM (Rain). The percussion noises you here (more so in the normal version) is me clicking my tongue. I felt like it actually matched the original quite well.

Next we have the Museum Theme, the theme that has been the same from Wild World onwards. Although with the newer games, we've had more variants including the Exhibit Room in New Leaf.

Speaking of variants, Nook's Homes is a remix of Nook's theme from previous games too. This time it's much more fancy than when he was in his Cranny.

Time for some more Einaudi, as it's been a while since the last one. Here's Indaco from his 2009 album Nightbook. I really love the middle bit from 2:40 onwards.

I decided to do something a little different for the next one. Rather than just have solo piano, I've added in some extra bits to the music (all played on the same keyboard) over the top to make it sound more like the original. So here's Undella Town (Autumn/Winter/Spring)...

I'm interested on what people think of this style of piece, with added extra bits.

fluffyKittan
NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

Re: MOAR MOOSIK!

Post by fluffyKittan » Wed May 25, 2016 2:58 pm

GuitarHero wrote: My favourite song from Guitar Hero is Hotel California tbh.
I think you misspelled Frankentsein
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

Jezo
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Re: MOAR MOOSIK!

Post by Jezo » Thu May 26, 2016 1:44 am

GuitarHero wrote:This is an important space, as I have no space
What
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing

GuitarHero

Update Time Woopity Woop

Post by GuitarHero » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Jezo wrote:
GuitarHero wrote:This is an important space, as I have no space
What
My username doesn't have a space, whereas the game does.
Another update, woop woop.

Here's the final piece from Animal Crossing: New Leaf for a bit, Club LOL. A nice and little jazzy number.

A new game this time with Super Mario Galaxy 2, here's the best World music in the game on piano - World 3.

Two more pieces from the indie hit To the Moon, which is a fabulous game and has an astonishingly good soundtrack. Here's Born a Stranger and Having Lived. I couldn't find any particularly accurate sheet music for Having Lived, so I wrote my own which is available here to download and here to view online on Musescore.

Finally, another piece where I've added more layers too and it happens to again be from Pokémon Black&White. This time its N's Farewell and again, I'm interested to hear people's feedback (as always) on it.

GuitarHero

Some More Tunes Inbound

Post by GuitarHero » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:26 pm

Been playing around with a few different set-ups seeing what works best and such. I'm also hoping to potentially play a duet with myself of some kind by the end of the summer, if I can work out how to get it work properly.

Anyway, here's some more pieces. First off, another piece from Super Mario Galaxy - Luma. One of the many pieces from the game that share a similar motif, some of which I've done before.

Next up is the File Select music from Super Mario 64. I know file select music isn't usually memorable, but I'm sure you'll remember this one!

Then we have a short piece from Majora's Mask, Sonata of Awakening. This was mainly a test to try this particular set-up, but I still enjoy the piece.

Another short one, this time from Pokémon Black&White - A Day of Beginnings. A very typically sounding "dawn of a new day" type of piece, but still a very pleasant sounding piece.

This is the first piece I've done from the Fire Emblem series, and from the game of the same name - Fire Emblem. The piece itself is Requiem which was originally much more staccato-y but I feel is improved in a more flowing style.

Finally, here's a piece from most people's least favourite Metroid game (so far), Other M. Though that said I do like this piece though, Samus' theme

Oathkeeper
NNID: MForward56
3DS Friend Code: 3523-2118-1902
Steam ID: MForward56

Re: GuitarHero's Music - Piano Tunes Galore

Post by Oathkeeper » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Just subscribed! All of the stuff I listened to sounded really nice and it's given me a lot of motivation to work on my piano skills even more (although I wonder if I really should since it's not one of my two instruments that I'll be studying at school).

GuitarHero

Re: GuitarHero's Music - Piano Tunes Galore

Post by GuitarHero » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:05 pm

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's always nice to be able to play a bit of a piano, just as when visiting someone's house or something and they have an unused piano there it's nice to have a little go on it. I mean the more instruments the better, right? ;)

GuitarHero

Time for an Update

Post by GuitarHero » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:39 pm

I unfortunately didn't get to record much over summer, as my camera was out of action unfortunately. However, I managed to get a few done then and some since so here's another update.

First up is another Einaudi piece, a very epic sounding piece called The Earth Prelude. You will have most likely heard this in the background of something (the BBC use his back catalogue a lot), if you're wondering where you recognise it from.

Next is the stand out piece from the film Amélie, Comptine d'un autre été. This has recently been doing the rounds in an advert (TSB or some other bank, not sure), and I really love it as it flows magnificently.

Back to videogame music and first up is back to the Pokémon series, with Let's Go Home from ΩRαS and N, the Pokémon Child from Black and White. Very different pieces from each other, but it shows off the breadth of styles that Pokémon has now in it's music and it looks like that will continue into Sun and Moon!

Now to a project that I'm slowly working my way through, the Animal Crossing: New Leaf hour music. Just one hour this time, 7 AM and 7 AM (Rain). I decided to add a rain backing to the rain version, as I thought the previous pieces were all a bit too empty at times. Plus, I feel it boosts the relaxedness off the music.

A series that has been popular on the channel has been the Professor Layton games, which is pleasing to me as I've always enjoyed the music from the games so was happy to play some more. So here is A Quiet Town from the Lost Future and Misthallery's Many Canals from the Spectre's Call. So now there is at least one track from each of the main Layton games, and I have one from the spin-off with Ace Attorney in the works.

Finally, the piece I'm most happy with is from Kirby's Epic Yarn, which has a beautiful piano soundtrack. My favourite piece is probably Weird Woods, as it's just incredibly upbeat and simply happy to listen to. Have a listen