The competition is open for entries now (just post your entry in this thread) and will close at the end of Saturday 29th October. The winner(s) will then be chosen and announced and the new banner(s) used for a week from October 31st.
If you want to take part, then check the out the information and resources that you need below. Feel free to let your imagination go wild, although we ask that you only use official images and art from Nintendo or art of your own creation, so no using any fanart that you find around the internet please. With that said, good luck and we look forward to seeing your entries!
- You can enter as many times as you like.
- Entries must be posted in this thread, and the image must be saved as a PNG file.
- Size is not strictly enforced, but you should aim to use or be around the current banner size, which is 418px × 172px.
- It is suggested that the banner should either have a transparent background, or you should create a version matching the colour of the style it will be used with - the blue background (colour #009bc8) is used with ONM Classic and Super Blue, and the red (colour #e30018) with Super ONM.
- The closing date for entries is Saturday 29th October.
- The winning entry will be chosen by the mod team.
- Please ensure your entries follow all the usual forum rules.
Here are some resources that you may find useful in creating your banner design. Bear in mind that these are just for help - you don't have to use these templates if you don't want to! You are free to come up with an entirely different design if you wish.
If you're in need of some inspiration, check out the SONM Banner Archive to see our previous banner designs!
The winner(s) will have their banner(s) used on the site for a week, receive a banner creator profile badge, and the banner(s) will be recorded permanently in the banner archive.
Good luck, and we hope to see some great entries!