The competition is open for entries now (just post your entry in this thread) and will close on Sunday 8th February. The winner will then be chosen and announced and the new banner used for a week from February 13th!
If you want to take part, then check the out the information and resources that you need below. Remember that we want entries to show your love for the subject matter, in true Valentine's spirit, and that you can enter as many times as you want (and in multiple categories too if you like!). Good luck!
- You can enter as many times as you like, both across the categories and within the same category.
- The New 3DS category will be used with the "ONM Classic" style, Majora's Mask with "Super ONM", and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate with "Super Blue".
- Entries must be posted in this thread, and the image must be saved as a PNG file.
- Size is not strictly enforced, but you should aim to use or be around the current banner size, which is 418px × 172px.
- It is suggested that the banner should either have a transparent background, or you should create a version matching the colour of the style it will be used with - the blue background (colour #009bc8) is used with ONM Classic and Super Blue, and the red (colour #e30018) with Super ONM.
- The closing date for entries is Sunday 8th February.
- The winning entries will be chosen by the mod team.
- Please ensure your entries follow all the usual forum rules.
Here are some resources that you may find useful in creating your banner design. Bear in mind that these are just for help - you don't have to use these templates if you don't want to! You are free to come up with an entirely different design if you wish.
If you're in need of some inspiration, check out the SONM Banner Archive to see our previous banner designs!
The SONM Christmas Banner Competition also has some great entries, and you can see the runners up there too!
Good luck, and we hope to see some great entries!