Dix's Short Films/Pokémon YouTube Channel

Show off your creativity! Also come here for signature and avatar requests, community projects and competitions.
Dix
PSN ID: zXEpic-ToxicXz

Dix's Short Films/Pokémon YouTube Channel

Post by Dix » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:28 pm

Not really got too much to show for at the moment, but I'm on a Film Course so I figured I may as well share what I produce since we're doing weekly tasks at the moment, so I'll be having a lot of content to share quite soon.

60 Second Shorts:

The Tunnel - Silent Film

Gone in 60 Seconds

I've also got a steadily growing (somewhat) competitive Pokémon channel if you're interested at all, I upload around 3 videos a week. You can find this here.

Some videos/playlists I've been pleased with:

GeoDOOMED - Edited Geodude sweep

Using the teams of characters from the Pokémon Manga in a competitive environment

There's also plenty more videos on my channel to check out, although there is some I'm not particularly pleased with overall.
Last edited by Dix on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

kerr9000

Re: Dix's Short Film Gallery

Post by kerr9000 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:59 pm

Pretty darn cool thanks for sharing.

I wanted to do media studies at college but at the time they only ran it at night, and wouldn't let under 18's attend night classes

Will look forward to seeing what else you post

Dix

Post by Dix » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:40 am

kerr9000 wrote:Pretty darn cool thanks for sharing.

I wanted to do media studies at college but at the time they only ran it at night, and wouldn't let under 18's attend night classes

Will look forward to seeing what else you post
Ah that sucks man, yeah my Media Studies class was fun, but at the same time the teachers were dreadful and had no idea what they were talking about so we basically had to teach ourselves the course. Now I'm in Uni and realising how big of a step up it is from that. Very good fun though, loving the practical side, we're going out shooting next week for another 60 second short, so expect to see that up fairly soon.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:16 pm

My educational path was based on weird changes and circumstances. I wanted to do A level maths but they wouldnt let people with C's do an A level. I had a C as I had an epileptic fit the night before my exam and went to it very ill.

Couldnt do maths, couldnt do media so ended up starting A levels in Business, Sociology and Law.. was hit by a car and missed 8 months of my A levels so had to drop to two Business and Sociology

From there ended up getting a social Sciences degree... funny how things can change your path.

Ive always loved films books art and creativity though but stuff has always gotten in the way lol

Dix

Post by Dix » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Yeah, I ended up taking film because I failed English and had to take Media at A-level instead of English Literature, which got me interested in Film theory. So it's weird how things happen, but sometimes it can be for the better :)
I think with the TV and Film industry it's okay though because a good amount of people who work in it don't even have University degrees in their skill, so it's kind of open for everyone who is keen, which is good for creatively minded people.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

Dix

Re: Dix's Short Films/Pokémon YouTube Channel

Post by Dix » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:42 am

Updated this to include some of my Pokémon content as well since I figured I may as well so I can keep this thread somewhat more active.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

Dix

Post by Dix » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:55 pm

Not too impressed with it since we were limited to 60 seconds we had to cut down a lot of the shots so it often jumps around a lot, also not too pleased with the general structure since we basically made it on a lim, but I'll post it here either way. http://vimeo.com/110718899
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

Dix

Post by Dix » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Another new piece; short 5 minute film about aspiration and isolation.

Not overly pleased with it, the idea we had initially was utter eton mess, and basically left me having to clutch at straws to make something good of the idea in a script. Either way, I hope you enjoy it.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear