The Writer's Circle

Show off your creativity! Also come here for signature and avatar requests, community projects and competitions.
Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Re: The Writer's Circle

Post by Vtheyoshi » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:10 pm

fight the powah

It's cool to see Kudos back.

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

ChaosControl
NNID: jammydodger1985
3DS Friend Code: 270729914659
PSN ID: jammydodger1985
Steam ID: jammydodger1985

Post by ChaosControl » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Hahaha. I've missed Kudos, glad to see it back.
I am functioning within the established parameters.

Kriken
FKA liberal
NNID: PhoenixVonKarma
Steam ID: Kriken

Post by Kriken » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:10 pm

Kudos: The Final Story

Chapter 2: Departure

"Are you sure this is a wise idea? You'll have no idea what you'll find in there. You could end up dying yourselves - and if you do, will that be it? And how can you be sure that the dead don't want to be left alone?"

"We'll be alright, Quarg. And if we can ask them, and I'm sure if they're retrievable we will be able to, then we won't deny their will to stay dead if they wish. However given the circumstances of their departure I'm sure they'd appreciate a second chance. We'll be bringing back all who allow it. Apart from those who were supposed to be there in the first place, of course."

"I don't know. It just doesn't sit quite right with me."

"Well I've made up my mind and I think you understand why I have to do this. Are we ready?"

He turned to the cloaked figures standing on either side of him.

"Probably as ready as I'll ever be," Wrathy said.

"You bet," said Dizzybow.

They all stood in the main hall of the green palace. Chocolate-Milk, LFF, Nintendoofus, ChainedTeapot, OrangeRakoon and samus_killer standing in a semi-circle behind the three others. The large table in the middle had been moved to one side to create space.

Pokemaniac took a couple of steps forward, towards the throne, and held out what looked like a black padlock, a black chain hanging from it. An anti-moderator badge.

"These badges normally have a function that allows transportation to the banishment realm," he said. "But apparently if I pour my kudos into it - the kudos I share with x50 50x - it will provide a connection to the 'true banishment realm'. If this goes badly wrong, it was good knowing all of you. Now..."

He put his other hand on top of the badge and soon the badge was engulfed in a thick blue misty light.

Slowly, and with a velvety rip, it seemed the present reality parted in front of them, revealing an oval. A portal emerged, but not like the portal to the regular banishment realm. That one was smooth edged and pure black. This ones colour seemed to be red with changing patches of fiery orange, and its edges stretched and snapped out suddenly in random places, before retracting just as quickly.

The doubts that existed among them suddenly disappeared, replaced now with fear.

"That doesn't look very stable," OrangeRakoon said.

Gently, Pokemaniac put the badge down onto the ground.

"It's going to have to be until we've completed our mission, because the portal can't be opened from the other side." He paused. "If anything comes through here without us, make sure it goes back, by whatever means."

"And if it looks like ONM is in danger and the portal can no longer be defended," Wrathy said. "Close it."

There was a moment of silence.

"But," OrangeRakoon said, "that isn't going to happen, and you'll all come back."

Pokemaniac smiled, somewhat wanly. "That's right. Alright then. I suppose there's no real reason to delay. This is it." He saluted to the other moderators. "See you soon."

He walked through the portal. Dizzybow nodded to the others, then rushed after him. Wrathy turned around and look at them all for a moment.

"Hey," she said. "Don't mess up." And then she was gone too.

Falling. This was not the sensation Dizzybow was expecting when he walked into the portal. And there seemed to be fire everywhere he looked. Even he, an elite ex moderator felt a bit scared by this. And there seemed to be no sign of Pokemaniac. But there was nothing he could do but fall, and scream. And then he was enveloped in a blinding light.

The next thing he knew, he was standing next to Pokemaniac who was slightly keeled over, his hands on his knees.

"You too, huh?" Dizzybow said. "That was some entrance."

"Yeah. Where's Wrathy?"

"She entered after me. She should be here soon."

"Alright."

They looked around themselves. Barren, rocky ground everywhere. Not that abnormal. Apart from the blood red sky, at least. A large, angry sun hung in the air. As expected from the sight, it was very hot. Dizzybow walked about a bit.

"Reminds me of the challenges forum." He let out a short laugh. "So this is the afterlife. Looks a bit like some sort of hell."

"Seeing as it's for ONMers, I'm not surprised. Dizzy, are you sensing any of the people we're looking for?"

"Nope... I am picking up a lot of kudos signatures, but not any that seem all that familiar. But the heat is making it hard to concentrate."

Pokemaniac tapped his foot impatiently and wiped the sweat collecting on his forehead. "What is taking Wrathy so long?"

"I don't know." He paused. "I don't actually know if she entered right after me. She could have waited behind a bit for some reason. Guess we just have to wait."

And so they waited, and waited. A long time passed, and still there was no sign of Wrathy.

After a moment, they both agreed to go back into the portal, and experienced much the same unpleasant experience as before, except in reverse. They were pulled upwards and seemed to have no control over their movement.

LFF, Nintendoofus and Quarg Ranger started at the sight of them emerging from the portal again, standing up with hands at their sheaths.

"Where's Wrathy?" Pokemaniac asked.

"Wait," LFF said, "she's not with you? She went in right after both of you."

"That can't be..."

"Could the portal have sent her somewhere else?" Dizzybow said.

"Godammit. Let's go back. She must be there, somewhere!"

"Wait!"

But Pokemaniac had already ran back into the portal.

Dizzybow looked back to the others and sighed. "I have a really bad feeling about this."

He followed Pokemaniac back in.

The same thing happened as the last time.

Except Pokemaniac wasn't next to him. And neither was the portal.

To be continued.

Wrathy

Post by Wrathy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:14 pm

You should really give Kudos its own thread again, I didn't even know it was back.

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:26 am

The Underworld Chronicles - Chapter 8 - Max Newton's Brief History of World Domination
Max tumbled out of bed, clawing at his alarm clock in an attempt to halt its insistent beeping. As usual he only succeeded in knocking it onto the carpet. He groaned, then prodded the snooze button with his toe. Leaning down to pick it up was too much effort for him this early in the day. He crossed over to the window and opened the curtains. It was yet another bleak, cloudy day outside. "Oh, what a beautiful moooooorning," he sang half-heartedly.

After a quick shower had woken him up properly, he dressed and went to get breakfast sorted. He was halfway through frying his fifth slice of bacon when he remembered his guest and went to wake him up.

"Morning Luke," he said as he walked in. Max had expected him to still be curled up under the covers - he was a teenager, after all. That was their job, or at least it had been when Max had been a teenager. He hoped they hadn't gotten rid of that, it was one of the real perks of adolescence.

Contrary to his expectations, Luke was already up and fully dressed. He was sat at the spare room's small desk, hunched over something that he was hurriedly trying to cover up now that Max was in the room.

"Whatcha got there?" Max asked, peeking over Luke's shoulder.

"Nothing," Luke replied unconvincingly, but Max snatched away the piece of paper he was trying to cover up. He grinned when he saw what it was.

"Since when were you such an artist, Lukey-boy?" he said, admiring the incredibly detailed sketch; it was amazing how Luke had created such a vivid picture with only an old pencil that had been lying on the desk. It showed a girl facing up to a monstrous, grotesquely muscular figure, knife-like shadows flying towards it from the girl's outstretched hand. No prizes for guessing what scene this was meant to be.

Luke shrugged, obviously embarassed. His ears had gone bright red, as they usually did when he was uncomfortable. It was quite endearing, really. "I don't really like people seeing the stuff I draw," he mumbled. "It's kind of my private thing, y'know?"

"Fair enough," Max answered, putting the sketch back on the desk. "Fancy some breakfast? I've got some bacon on the go." Luke nodded and followed him into the kitchen, where Max prepared him a mountain of bacon, sausages, eggs and toast. Luke's hidden talent was art; Max's was creating gloriously unhealthy, cardiac arrest inducing breakfasts.

They chatted as they ate. Luke seemed a lot perkier than yesterday. In Max's experience a good night's sleep and a full English usually had that effect. He had been worried when his usually good-natured, pacifistic friend had gone all serious and death-threat-y in the taxi. Luke was a great lad, and he didn't want some vampire changing him for the worse.

Max had just started the washing up when Luke finally started asking questions. He'd held off a lot longer than Max would've done in his place, but that was just like him. Always sceptical, never wanting to get involved with anything remotely out of the ordinary.

"So what exactly is magic?" Luke asked as Max scrubbed furiously at the frying pan.

"Trust you to start with the difficult ones," he replied. "To be honest nobody's entirely sure. People have been trying to figure it out for millennia and the sum total of their findings is that some people have it, some people don't. There was a time when anyone could suddenly turn out magical, but that was ages ago, before the Romans or the Greeks or whoever. Since then magic's been tied to your bloodline. If your parents are magic, then you inherit one of their Arts. If not, boo-hoo, no magic for you."

"What's an Art? Is that just a fancy word for what type of magic you have?"

"Pretty much, yeah. My Art is Gravimancy, which basically means I can screw around with physics, hence why you saw me walk around on the ceiling."

Luke made a face. "Please don't do that again."

"It can be quite disorientating if you aren't used to it," Max laughed.

"So what other Arts are there? What are Rachel and Nate's?"

"Rachel is a Dark mage, so basically she can manipulate shadows into physical forms. Nate's is quite rare. He's what's known as a Conduit. What that means is he can take in energy from one source then redirect it elsewhere."

"So that's why he didn't even flinch when the vampire hit him," Luke said. "How'd he do the thing with the lightning though?"

Max smiled. "I imagine that was pretty much just a giant fluke. He probably sensed it coming and redirected the flow of energy a bit, but even someone as skilled as Nate couldn't have just called it out of nowhere."

"Still, he sounds pretty badass. Remind me not to get in a fight with him."

"I'd be more worried about getting into a fight with Rachel, to be honest. Nate's strong, but boy, she is vicious. Beating the crap out of stuff is like second nature to her."

Luke looked sheepish. "I kind of did get in a fight with her," he muttered.

Max shot him a disbelieving look. "Seriously? You actually had fisticuffs with Rachel Black?"

"Ever so slightly, yes."

Max gave a low whistle. "The Ministry ain't gonna be happy about that, I'm telling you. They already think she has an attitude problem, this is just going to add fuel to the fire." Luke looked worried, and for a minute the two were silent as Max continued to scrub the dishes.

"So what's my Art then?" Luke finally piped up. "You said I was a Light mage or something before I keeled over."

"I'd hesitate to say it, but yeah, I think you are. As well as their Art, some people - me included - have an ability called the Sense. It basically means I can feel other people's magic. It's hard to describe to people who don't have it, but every Art has a different feeling, and it always hints at what it is a mage can do. Yours feels unlike anything I've ever encountered, and I get a weird... glow from you. When I told the Ministry what I thought it got them in a bit of a state."

"Why exactly? What's the big deal? Is Light magic rare or something?"

"Very rare. Exceedingly rare. By which I mean non-existent."

"Feel free to elaborate," Luke said after a moment.

"It's kind of a long story," Max replied.

"Good job I don't have anywhere else to be then."

"Fine, I'll give you a history lesson if you're really that eager," Max said as he dried off the last plate. He sat down and began to tell the story of Light magic. "Ages ago, back when magic still appeared in people randomly like I was telling you before, Light magic was as common as any other. Apart from the fact that it was considered one of the more powerful Arts, it wasn't that exceptional. That changed when some nutjobs who called themselves The Radiant came along and started preaching that Light magic was the one true Art, that Light magicians were the purest of the pure and should be the ones ruling the world, all the usual culty bollocks.

"At first nobody really paid them much attention, but they started to gain influence and get more and more Light mages on their side. Soon enough they'd made their own separate societies and started to build an army. Now, the other mages weren't too happy with this, so they started exiling people who agreed with The Radiant. Turned out that that just made things worse though, cos instead of just spouting religious crap all day they started to force people into joining them through more violent methods.

"By this point they'd grown to be pretty damn powerful, and the next step in The Radiant's path to world domination or whatever it is they were after was to go to war with everyone else. War's not too easy when your people are spread all over the place though, so they went and took over Atlantis."

"Atlantis as in the Lost City? You're telling me it's real?" Luke interjected.

"It was real, yeah. Emphasis on was. I'll get to that in a minute. So the cult goes and takes over Atlantis, enslaves its population and starts indoctrinating them into thinking Light mages really were the rightful rulers of the world. Once they'd strengthened their position, they set to invading all the other magical settlements. Everyone they took hostage was forced to join them or die. All the other mages by this point were pretty ticked off, so they finally went and organised a resistance. They formed an alliance that they called the Sentinels and started to fight back.

"The Radiant had been recruiting, indoctrinating and enslaving for a long time, so for a while nobody was sure who'd come out on top. Eventually though, the Sentinels started to beat them back until finally Atlantis was the only stronghold the Radiant still held. The Sentinels gathered their mighty might and prepared for one last push to get rid of them once and for all, but before they could march on Atlantis, it fell all by itself."

"What, was there an uprising or something?"

"Nobody has a clue. There were huge bursts of light that could be seen from half the world away, and when they faded all that was left of Atlantis was the odd heap of rubble. Whatever happened was so catastrophic that it had pretty much destroyed the land that the city stood on, so it ended up sinking into the sea. Bye bye Atlantis, bye bye the Radiant, bye bye Light mages."

Luke sat and digested the story for a minute. "Surely there were still Light mages who weren't in Atlantis at the time though?"

"There were, but naturally they weren't too popular after all the crap the Radiant had put the world through and they ended up getting themselves killed just because of their Art," Max replied. "A lot of it was lynching people who were supposedly supporters of the Radiant, but there's evidence that even the innocent ones were systematically hunted down and killed. There probably would have been some survivors by the end of it all since more Light mages emerged just like any other type of mage, but it was sometime after the fall of Atlantis that magic stopped appearing in people at random and it had to be inherited. With no source of new Light mages, they eventually died out thanks to whoever was hunting them down. Since then Light magic has been unheard of."

"Till I came along," Luke said.

"Yup. So now you know why all the talk about you is extremely hush-hush. If word gets out that Light magic is alive and kicking, every mage in the world is going to start panicking."

"What I don't understand," said Luke thoughtfully, "is how all of this happened without any of it getting in the history books."

"Even before the Radiant Wars, mages were a pretty secretive bunch," Max explained. "They didn't get on so well with normal people because normal people didn't like the idea of all the power that magic gave, so mages generally lived separately from them. When the Radiant came along, they mostly targeted the magical settlements, so the normal people were pretty much completely unaware there was even a war going on.

"Then after the war, the Sentinels decided it would be best to stay out of the way of non-mages. They reckoned that if the non-magical population got wind of what the Radiant had had planned, they'd be scared that other mages would attempt something similar and just kill them all to stop it happening. Mages are more powerful than ordinary people, sure, but non-mages outnumber them massively, so there was no way they'd survive. So they decided to take the magical world out of their sight. They took all their magical settlements and hid them away underground or in secluded mountains or whatever so that non-mages would never find them. Ever since, the Sentinels has been the organisation that makes sure magic stays hidden."

"So that's when they founded Underworld then?" Luke asked

"Nah, Underworld is a lot newer, relatively speaking," Max said. "It's only been around since the 1600s or sometime like that."

"And how exactly did they build a city under London without anyone noticing?"

"Ah. Here's where it gets complicated. See, we aren't technically underneath London. The entrances are, but the city itself is... elsewhere."

"And where exactly is "elsewhere"?"

Max sighed. "It's complicated, okay? I'm probably not the best to explain it since I'm not sure how exactly it works myself. Get Nate or someone to explain it when we go in for the debrief."

"Fine," Luke said. "I suppose I've put you through enough for one day. You've had to talk about something serious for what, ten minutes solid?"

Max laughed. "I can be serious," he said. "I just choose not to be."

Luke downed the rest of his orange juice then went for a shower. He seemed to Max to be taking everything in his stride quite well. For someone who'd just been told he was the first person in millennia who had the same powers as a bonkers cult that had once tried to take over the world, he seemed oddly chilled out. Still, it was an improvement on his moodiness from the day before. He just hoped that Luke would stay this way for the debrief. If he really had been in a fight with Rachel, then he didn't want a repeat incident occurring. The boy had been lucky enough to walk away from round one unharmed.
(Spoilered for convenience of scrolling)
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Vtheyoshi

Post by Vtheyoshi » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Good stuff, if a bit slower paced than normal.

MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:08 pm

That's the only thing I didn't really like about it, but couldn't really think of a way of getting all that across and getting some action in at the same time. That and I couldn't think of a better way to end the scene.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Vtheyoshi

Post by Vtheyoshi » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:10 pm

It worked fairly well, and the dialogue is natural enough so that it doesn't feel forced. It was a good way to do it.

MAL

Kriken
FKA liberal
NNID: PhoenixVonKarma
Steam ID: Kriken

Post by Kriken » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:22 am

(S)ONM Arena

Fight 3: Oathkeeper vs vtheyoshi

Yo. Yo, yo, yo! I said YO! (S)ONM Arena is back! Yo! Gooserberry fool yo! (Super-censorship by LFF). Yo!!

Today's edition is a special one. We're bringing back two ONM Arena veterans. Oathkeeper, the keeper of Oathkeepers, clamourin' for a victory after being crushed by FieryH, who really turned up the heat. Talkin'...like...maybe mark 7 on the oven hot. Ouch! Burn! Kaboom! Yo!

And also, also, we have v...theyoshi! He likes Yoshi and Ridley, deal with it, and I'm never going to live down the fact that that was his sig for about a year. And his accident in the previous ONM Arena fight, when he got bodied good, has meant he's had to have his whole body reconstructed. Who knows what gizmos he's hiding? For Oath's sake, let's hope that his 'Oath' mode is up to scratch... (I know, it's a dumb name for a mode, but he insisted on having it named so).

The first move comes from Oathkeeper, who's wearing his signature cape and headband. Wow! How trendy! Yo!

He pulls his arms back, readying himself for what looks like a spin... Instead he does a backflip and falls off the stage! A self-destruct! From Oathkeeper! An SD! What a surprise! This never happens to him in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS!

vtheyoshi smiles and strokes his beard, which is unsurprisingly eton mess. "Yo..."

Oathkeeper's sudden death seems like the best time to describe vtheyoshi's outfit.

It's a green monk's outfit, his boy Yoshi's colours right there. He has super long sleeves. He's grinning. He's vtheyoshi. Yo. Represent. These big voluminous robes are all the better to hide deadly gizmos with, like lazers. Lazers. Emphasis on the non-existent Z. Yo. Not even a laser gun, probably, just lazers.

All of a sudden Oathkeeper is back! What a surprise! He's wearing a jetpack now which explains why he's back! He was just hiding it or something! Yo!

"I'm back," he says with a serious expression, and then opens a pouch he was also concealing. "With lazers!"

vtheyoshi is surprised. He thought he was the only one with lazers. But he didn't fret, because he had lasers too.

He also had lazers, if you were wondering. Oy.

Oy?

Yo.

So all of a sudden these two fightas are exchanging their lazers, a lot of these lazers cancelling each other out, the rest of them being dodged. I have to say, it's a very extravagant display. I almost can't believe this eton mess, and neither can LFF.

"Lazers! Lazers!" vtheyoshi exclaims, screeching like some sort of banshee monster, as he does spins and flips and whatnot. He's outta control. YO!

Oath's response is to make his eyes turn red and in fact start glowing red all over.

Wait a darn second...

It's that technique...

It's Oath mode!

No, it's beyond Oath mode! It's Super Oath mode!

It's at this point that vtheyoshi decides to stop styling on Oathkeeper and decide to really lay on him the fat lazers. The poppa lazers. The ones that really sting.

But Oath just grabs these lazers and snaps them.

With his bare hands.

He's unstoppable. Super Oath Mode unstoppable. Super Mode Oath unstoppable. Oath Mode Oath Super Oath Mode Mode unstoppable Oath. Yo! Follow me on Twitter. https://twitter.com/jamesgroutledge

This battle is getting intense. Vtheyoshi is sweating. He just checked his lazers balance. It's not good. He sweats some more. Starts letting out loud, stuttering sobs. "W-why. W-w-why. Y-yo." He starts crying some more when Oath kicks him in the chest, continues doing so on the ground. "Y-yo."

I AM A GOD-TIER WRITER PLEASE LOVE ME
(spoilered to save money)

Vtheyoshi

Post by Vtheyoshi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:24 pm

this is an outrage; I'm v the mother gooseberry fool yoshi

...yo

MAL

Riyuka

Post by Riyuka » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Well, I wrote a story for school a while back, and it got an A star, so I wanted to share it on here. It's probably nothing too stellar, but if you could check it out that would be magnificent.

Here it is.
Formerly NessPSI.

ChaosControl

Post by ChaosControl » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Good stuff Riyuka. Well written and interesting to read. Considering the subject matter that is.

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:10 pm

I wrote about 3 thousand words about the murder of a call centre supervisor a month or so ago and haven't written a word since. Not sure if its to dark to post here anyways lol

Vtheyoshi

Post by Vtheyoshi » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:01 pm

Riyuka wrote:Well, I wrote a story for school a while back, and it got an A star, so I wanted to share it on here. It's probably nothing too stellar, but if you could check it out that would be magnificent.

Here it is.
Well deserving of the A*, imo. It's a very interesting subject matter, that needs to be touched on more in the Media, I think.
kerr9000 wrote:I wrote about 3 thousand words about the murder of a call centre supervisor a month or so ago and haven't written a word since. Not sure if its to dark to post here anyways lol
That's uh
Are you feeling ok, dude?

MAL

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Yeah I got a job in a call centre for a bit a month or two back but they decided they'd employed too many people and let half of the people who were in there trial period go.. wasn't even there long but it was horrible.

The worst part was the day I called this woman she was 84 and started telling me how my call had woken her up and that upset her because she was hoping to have died in her sleep. I was trying to back out of the call and this supervisor was screaming at me for not being more aggressive and trying to get this woman to donate to the charity we were calling on the behalf off. Then despite my results actually falling above average and some of the people in my team having hit super lows she decided to point me out for not having good enough results during a team talk while not even mentioning the people who had gained zero donations (there seemed to be no reason she decided to pick on me and ignore others failings apart from she was Indian, they were Indian and I am a white guy) So the writing stemmed form that. Once I wasn't working there and it wasn't stressing me though I didn't need to push my feelings out in writing so it has sat unfinished.

Vtheyoshi

Post by Vtheyoshi » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:54 pm

That's pretty eton mess of your employer, dude, so I understand where you're coming from.

MAL

ChaosControl

Post by ChaosControl » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:49 am

Call centres are horrible places filled with despair and supervisors and co-workers who are convinced they're the next Wolf of Wall Street.

What were you "selling"? I've done Debt Managment and PPI. Both just as horrible as each other. I started to really hate myself and was convinced I was a terrible person.

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:07 pm

I was trying to get people to donate to various different charities. Which on the one hand should make you feel good but then when you read the scipt and followed it at first you were nice and asked in a decent way if theyd like to talk and if theyd like to donate, but it went down hill form there to a case of trying to push and push and bully and make them feel bad. Basically no matter what they answer or how upset they are unless they say one of a small bunch of direct things you have to go through the whole script.

ChaosControl

Post by ChaosControl » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:44 pm

Didn't you have the rule where if you get 3 objections, terminate the call?

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:53 pm

Sort of.. you have to try to get in to the call 3 times . Once in once they've agreed to listen to you they have to object 3 times but the rough idea was once they object talk like a motter mouth and don't give them a chance to further object till you've gone through a whole bunch of stuff...

The ones who simply said Look I am Mr X... I don't do charity go F yourself and then slammed the phone down were the good ones could you could just log that and move on.

ChaosControl

Post by ChaosControl » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Yep. Customers that just put the phone down straight away were always my favourite. I just hated the ones that would go on a self important rant about how you're wasting their time so they're going to waste MY time.
Do it mate, I've only got 10 more mins till the end of my shift...tell me more about why I'm scum of the earth. :lol:

And it's almost always Southerners who would do the whole "I'm extremely wealthy and I don't need your services."
I never realised there were so many billionaires living in Britain.

Vtheyoshi

Post by Vtheyoshi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:27 pm

#southlyf am I right yo

MAL

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:44 pm

How is everyone else doing writing wise? I finished off and published a short story I had finished awile ago and well I think I have kind of retired now. My count stands at 2 novels, a novella and 27 short stories out there under 2 names.

It just gets tiring after a bit, I guess I am burned out.

Vtheyoshi

Post by Vtheyoshi » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:28 pm

kerr9000 wrote:How is everyone else doing writing wise? I finished off and published a short story I had finished awile ago and well I think I have kind of retired now. My count stands at 2 novels, a novella and 27 short stories out there under 2 names.

I haven't done eton mess for so long and I have no real excuse for it. It's nice to see you've been somewhat active, though.

MAL

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:37 pm

kerr9000 wrote:How is everyone else doing writing wise? I finished off and published a short story I had finished awile ago and well I think I have kind of retired now. My count stands at 2 novels, a novella and 27 short stories out there under 2 names.

That's quite prolific. Anything you'd like to share? One of the novels perhaps?