Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - rip Ultra Z

The forum for all Pokémon fans!
Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Re: Pokémon Sun & Moon - rip Z

Post by Ape » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:36 pm

Rik wrote:Just thought, EV training must have taken a bit of a step back from gen 6 if horde battles are gone, there was a way of getting like 25 points from each battle wasn't there? I guess SOS kind of works on the same basis but doesn't seem as surefire.
Yeah, it's tedious... took me the entire day just to train my Silvally in Special Attack and Speed. Could have taken longer if it weren't for the fact that nearly all of UlaUla Meadow's encounters give Special Attack and Speed.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:41 pm

actually EV training is now easier than ever thanks to festival plaza.

there's an attraction that will max out a pokemon's EV's.

there's also multiple food stalls that sell EV boosting meals (and EV reduction meals!).

and of course bottle caps makes IV training piss easy.

Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Post by Decretum » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:49 pm

Even without the plaza there's still pokerus and the macho brace right, so you can still do it relatively fast
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:13 pm

Scapegoat wrote:and of course bottle caps makes IV training piss easy.
No.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:58 pm

Rik wrote:Too busy being fashionable to make #gainz probably
Not even false, was actually having money problems because clothes shopping
Scapegoat wrote:how the gooseberry fool did you manage to get to the elite four and only have level 43's you eton mess I'm at island 3 and I have level 50's and I haven't even been grinding what the gooseberry fool are you doing with your life garf.
No exp share and minimal wild battle encounters so fairly underlevelled and having to rely on strategy which is a fun change. Actually took 2 of the E4 down before quitting since I was out of Revives. Team atm is
Incineroar
Darkest Lariat
Flamethrower
Leer
Brick Break

Wishiwashi
Scald
Ice Beam
Double Edge
Beat Up

Oricorio (Pom Pom, but got all nectars so can fill any niche)
Mirror Move
Feather Dance
Revelation Dance
Wind Slash

Lurantis
Leech Life
Leaf Blade
Brick Break
Poison Jab

Muk
Screech
Gunk Shot
Poison Fang
Crunch

Mudsdale
Rock Tomb
Heavy Press
Counter
High Horsepower

Mudsdale is the MVP, dude has saved my angel delight too many times

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:06 am

Well I've got a couple of Drampa via the GTS (no idea why I didn't think about using the GTS earlier for this) so now I'm breeding a few, at least I've got both with the better ability (well I think it's better) of Beserk which increases its Sp.Atk when it's health falls below 50%, it was either that or Sap Sipper but it's Sp.Atk is quite a bit better than its attack.

How easy is it actually resetting your EV's in this game? I'll probably reset and EV train my finishing 6 if its simple enough. Also how does the IV training work then? If you can alter your IV's after catching/hatching them doesn't that kind of defeat the object of passing down perfect IV's via breeding?

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:57 am

Robbo-92 wrote:Well I've got a couple of Drampa via the GTS (no idea why I didn't think about using the GTS earlier for this) so now I'm breeding a few, at least I've got both with the better ability (well I think it's better) of Beserk which increases its Sp.Atk when it's health falls below 50%, it was either that or Sap Sipper but it's Sp.Atk is quite a bit better than its attack.

How easy is it actually resetting your EV's in this game? I'll probably reset and EV train my finishing 6 if its simple enough. Also how does the IV training work then? If you can alter your IV's after catching/hatching them doesn't that kind of defeat the object of passing down perfect IV's via breeding?
You can reset your EVs by buying sweets meals from the festival plaza.

IV breeding is dead in this game because once a pokemon reaches level 100 you can use something called hyper training which requires bottle caps and allows you to max IVs. 1 gold bottle cap will max out every IV.

if you get your festival plaza strong enough you can gain access to courses that will max out an EV instantly, so effectively once you reach a certain plaza rank and get the right stalls you can use the sweets meals to reset your EVs at any point and then use the courses to max them however you want.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:30 am

Sounds easy enough then, need to start upgrading my plaza then as past the introductory section I've done nothing with it.

phalanx

Post by phalanx » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:25 pm

I got 6 IVed level 100 ditto off the wonder trade... is this hacked or bottle capped thing?

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Probably just cloned and someone out there being a hero
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Is cloning still a thing in SM?
das a peepo

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Is it a pokémon game?
Destiny is Destiny.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Just thought I'd trained my Pokemon enough to not worry about the Mimikyu trial, how wrong I was. I got wrecked!

My team is currently,

Blathers, level 40
Summer, level 38
Umbreon, level 38
Charjabug, level 38
Drampa, level 30

Going to get Drampa up to 38 and try again, I went in pretty unprepared (opening with Drampa) but it ohko'd my starter with shadow claw and pretty much destroyed the rest of my team with play rough. Reckon Mimikyu will be a good addition to my team when I clear the trial.

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Anyone been doing the daily pokedex scans to build up points? Only started getting curious because you can unlock Honedge through Island Scan.
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

Garf

Post by Garf » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:02 pm

did that one at like lv.32 lol

i only got through because I got it to -6 attack with featherdance so its Play Rough doesn't do much. Invest in a pokemon that can inflict status ailments or just stick Toxic onto a mon, think the TM for that is available by that point, think I baited him using his Berry by opening with Teeter Dance and then getting my Poison on later

totem battles become easy when you have an Oricorio running setups, then walling with Mudsdale

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:25 pm

JenovaPX wrote:Is it a pokémon game?
Is it via trading like Gen VI, or is it just save backups?
das a peepo

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Can't quite remember exactly how the 6th trial went for me but I think it took me about half the battle to remember to Toxic it. My Dartrix had just evolved into a Decidueye before the trial but I tried focusing on the vast array of Dark type moves I had at first, forgetting that not only is it part Fairy type but it's ability also gives it a free substitute. Lycanroc went down pretty easily and I think Salazzle fainted too despite it's x4 resistance to Fairy moves which nullified Play Rough... but Decidueye with Spirit Shackle ended up being the key to winning.

Although to be fair, the levels your team has now will stand you in good stead once the level jump happens when you get to the final island. My team was still around the Level 40s at the time and all of a sudden, wild Pokemon at Level 44 and Trainer Pokemon about that level too. Unfortuantely that then becomes the highest levels you ever find Wild Pokemon at until post-game which makes grinding for the endgame an absolute pain.

Drampa is part Normal type so leading with it might not be too bad an idea given you have complete immunity to Ghost type attacks but then again Play Rough could do quite a lot to you.

In other news, taken on the Battle Tree for a bit with my newly EV trained Silvally and Metagross, using Tapu Koko as a pivot. Still room for improvement overall but managed to get a 16 win streak before the team hit the deck. Silvally proving a bit difficult to work with as it's not a true sweeper despite me training it as a Special one based on it's nature, but it's somewhat durable so can take a few hits before it needs to go down and all that really matters is getting the wins. Certain Pokemon are proving a bit problematic though so I'll either train Tapu Koko or raise this newly hatched Relaxed Nature Mareaine to add a tank staller to the team to complement the physical and special attacker in the team.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:13 pm

Chocolate-Milk wrote:
JenovaPX wrote:Is it a pokémon game?
Is it via trading like Gen VI, or is it just save backups?
Haven't checked how it's done, just seen that there's the usual mass of clone threads up on places. Daresay it's the same as whatever Gen VI used, Ninty don't have a great track record on fixing things like that afterall.
Destiny is Destiny.

Garf

Post by Garf » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:07 am

Ape wrote:Can't quite remember exactly how the 6th trial went for me but I think it took me about half the battle to remember to Toxic it. My Dartrix had just evolved into a Decidueye before the trial but I tried focusing on the vast array of Dark type moves I had at first, forgetting that not only is it part Fairy type but it's ability also gives it a free substitute. Lycanroc went down pretty easily and I think Salazzle fainted too despite it's x4 resistance to Fairy moves which nullified Play Rough... but Decidueye with Spirit Shackle ended up being the key to winning.

Although to be fair, the levels your team has now will stand you in good stead once the level jump happens when you get to the final island. My team was still around the Level 40s at the time and all of a sudden, wild Pokemon at Level 44 and Trainer Pokemon about that level too. Unfortuantely that then becomes the highest levels you ever find Wild Pokemon at until post-game which makes grinding for the endgame an absolute pain.

Drampa is part Normal type so leading with it might not be too bad an idea given you have complete immunity to Ghost type attacks but then again Play Rough could do quite a lot to you.
At least Mimikyu is pretty much the hardest Totem. The next one coming up was a walk in the park, and I did it with only 1 mon that had any supereffective moves against and tons that were weak

oricorio is a beast

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:08 am

I killed Mimikyu in 1 hit with a Scald from Araquanid.

Hardest totem is easily Lurantis due to Castform antics and Solar Blade having a really high base power.

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:23 pm

Finally got round to finishing off the elite four. Was pleasantly challenging though that may be down to not using the exp share and my team having some horrific type match ups including rock which is always fun. Also ended up having to fight the champion twice as Golisopod emergency exited the Tapu Koko fight during the credits sequence as I forgot that was a thing for wild pokemon encounters but I caught it fine on the second attempt so it's all good.

Final team was:
Incineroar/Lucho Tigre Level 50
Lycanroc/Dire Level 52
Golispod/Shogun Level 48
Vikavolt/Bug Zapper Level 46
Salazzle/Razzle Dazzle Level 49
Wishiwashi/Optimus Brine Level 48

Though i'll probably just train up some replacements for most of them before I start the postgame as Vikavolt in particular suffers from the alola theme of being slow but too frail to actually take any hits.

Blaxel411
NNID: Black-wolf209
3DS Friend Code: 4811-7239-6713
Xbox Gamertag: Not on my life

Post by Blaxel411 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:23 pm

I'm gonna be a bro and share some tips I've found.
1) There's apparently a guy who has set up a bot to send out perfect iv ditto on GTS. I put up a fletchling for a 91+ ditto and just went to GTS to found that I had received a level 100 ditto with perfect IVs and a destiny knot. So just pop anything on there asking for 91+ ditto and wait for the magic to happen.
2)I have been told that if you have a Pokemon with synchronise, it makes the odds of a Pokemon you encounter having the same ability 50%. So for example if you had a modest abra with synchronise in the first spot in your team and you went to fight tapu bulu, tapu bulu would have a 50% chance of being modest.
3) Shofu has uploaded an EV training guide on his channel. If you follow his video, you should be able to fully ev train one stat in around 10-20 mins without need of the festival plaza.
Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTg_K4s ... L&index=96
4) If anyone wants a maraenie just ask. I went out of my way to catch one early on, and now i've bred like 10 of the gooseberry fool.
I think we can all agree that i`m a great asset to the human race.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Well I did the ghost trial on my second attempt, still one of the trickier trials I've faced. Now to find a Mimikyu for my own team, hopefully it won't take too long. I love the weird slightly broken music in the abandoned Thrifty Mega Mart as well.
Blaxel411 wrote:I'm gonna be a bro and share some tips I've found.
1) There's apparently a guy who has set up a bot to send out perfect iv ditto on GTS. I put up a fletchling for a 91+ ditto and just went to GTS to found that I had received a level 100 ditto with perfect IVs and a destiny knot. So just pop anything on there asking for 91+ ditto and wait for the magic to happen.
2)I have been told that if you have a Pokemon with synchronise, it makes the odds of a Pokemon you encounter having the same ability 50%. So for example if you had a modest abra with synchronise in the first spot in your team and you went to fight tapu bulu, tapu bulu would have a 50% chance of being modest.
3) Shofu has uploaded an EV training guide on his channel. If you follow his video, you should be able to fully ev train one stat in around 10-20 mins without need of the festival plaza.
Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTg_K4s ... L&index=96
4) If anyone wants a maraenie just ask. I went out of my way to catch one early on, and now i've bred like 10 of the gooseberry fool.
I'm trying number 2 as I type, just deposited a level 1 Drampa for a 91+ Ditto so I'll see what happens. Number 3 will be handy for when I've completed it and want to retrain my Pokemon, thanks.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Yeah, the second point's been a staple of building teams for generations now, I think since Gen IV? Might have been a Gen III thing but can't remember
Destiny is Destiny.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:38 pm

Yeah can confirm that point 2 indeed works, shiny as well.