Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - rip Ultra Z

The forum for all Pokémon fans!
OmegaPit

Re: Pokémon Sun & Moon - rip Z

Post by OmegaPit » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:06 am

Wow, things have really gone downhill since the last time I played.

I still hate people who say "gg" before the match has finished though.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:55 am

Just set foot on Poni Island with a team of level 42 Pokemon, first trainer has a level 44 and 45 Pokemon, may need to conduct a little training. One thing that did amaze me is that a level 45 Garbodor outsped my Lycanroc, base speed of 75 vs 112, only 2 levels difference between the two as well.

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:16 am

http://i.imgur.com/PnOqyam.png a cool little table of what pokemon type combinations we have currently and dont have

also i just finished my dex! wooo! all 300+1 pokemon! shiny charm get.

...n-now ill sort them all out into number order in my PC...

fluffyKittan
NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

Post by fluffyKittan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:53 pm

DarkRula wrote:Showdown salt?
I'll give you Showdown salt.
Someone quit on me because I was beating them with a team of Eeveelutions. And they had the more powerful 'mon. It was UU, of course, but they still had a Gyarados among others.
that's not salt the whole point of showdown and PO is to play randbats/challenge cup OR make dumbass teams purely with the purpose of pissing people off, some examples:

-Banded Zapdos (and other hilarious banded/specced mond)
-Double intimidate volt turn
-Any team which reliably uses zoarark (though granted Zoarark is amazing and not dumbass)
-Kings rock skill link
-Air balloon levitate bronzong
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Ah. I think I understand.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:17 pm

You forgot air balloon levitate Rotom-fan
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

fluffyKittan
NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

Post by fluffyKittan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:41 pm

JenovaPX wrote:You forgot air balloon levitate Rotom-fan
that's just a meme, bluffing heatproof bronzong makes people reeeeally mad
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:11 pm

One I'm incredibly bored of in randbats though, it's like the reverse of that just to piss off whoever gets it
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:06 pm

In defence of saying gg before its finished, if it's obvious you/they are going to lose you usually have to say it before the end or they just quit before you can say it

Anyway, just finished Moon, loved it. First time the elite four and champion battle have posed any sort of challenge in a long time, probably just because my team had a lot of holes as far as weaknesses went but definitely struggled more than I expected. The final battle music was just phenomenal, that lead in was just wooooooo boy. Ending was too drawn out, some of the credits art did make me smile though. All in all a great step for Pokemon, had a lot more charm than other generations and even though it was still a case of "go here, battle boss, go to next place" the island challenge format spiced it enough that I didn't really notice or care for the most part.
Shame the story kind of just all dropped at once, was hoping that
the Ultra Space would be more of a Distortion World deal than just a single corridor, and they missed a trick in not making you actually fight Ultra Lusamine as a Totem
but all in all it was good stuff, more involving than BW or XY imo.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Finished Sun.

Final Team:
Kanan/Araquanid @ Mystic Water
LV 60
Liquidation
Lunge
Scald
Leech Life

Misaka/Vikavolt @ Silver Powder
LV 58
Flash Cannon
Bug Buzz
Agility
Thunderbolt

Chitoge/Ribombee @ Bright Powder
LV 57
Psychic
Moonblast
Pollen Puff
Quiver Dance

Rachnera/Ariados @ Poison Barb
LV 57
Cross Poison
Leech Life
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance

Kyouko/Minior @ No Item
LV 54
Image Image
Bulldoze
Shell Smash
Acrobatics
Stealth Rock

Tsukuyo/Froslass @ Never-melt Ice
LV 53
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Taunt
Headbutt
All in all a really solid playthrough with a really good team. MVP's were Kyouko and Chitoge for toughing it out for me and dodging the most out of anyone, with Kyouko taking down an unfavourable match up by toughing it out 3 times in a row. Kanan put in crazy work, Liquidation was one shotting anything that wasn't resisted. Rachnera surprisingly put a lot of work in, dodging an super effective move twice in a row to take out an opponent with Cross Poison, and Sucker Punch was irreplaceable as the only priority move on the team. Tsukuyo played her part in taking out the flying liverpool tart, as she outsped Misaka allowing her to get off super effective Ice Beams against the enemies, something Misaka couldn't really do with her eton mess speed. Misaka still played a crucial part in taking down threats such as Skarmory, as well as dealing the finishing blow against Snorlax to take the title thanks to her tanking body slams like a champ. Chitoge's insane speed allowed me to take out stuff like Sableye, which was really nice.

Honourable mention goes to Papi/Toucannon for carrying me through the first island of the game. Without her, I wouldn't have been able to progress my team to where it is now, and would have been stuck at the first island for a long time. Shame that she wasn't there for the final fight, but Kyouko carried on her legacy of sweeping Hala's entire team.

All in all, really enjoyed this game. I think I actually preferred it over the standard gym runs. It felt like there was just more variety to it all, and in addition the locations were superb and the characters were really well designed. A huge improvement over X and Y, probably the best Pokemon game since Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald not including remakes.

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:31 pm

Currently sitting at 74% Pokedex completion. Made a fair amount of progress and just caught a Female Snorunt which I used my Dawn Stone on so that's Froslass in the Dex.

Now to evolve the other Snorut into a Glalie, also just evolved my Igglybuff into Jigglypuff but need another Moon Stone for Wigglytuff.

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:33 pm

whoever decided Festival Plaza was a better idea than the PSS needs to be sacked immediately

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:40 pm

Garf wrote:whoever decided Festival Plaza was a better idea than the PSS needs to be sacked immediately
Could not agree more.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:58 am

I prefer it you nerds just need to get good.

Garf

Post by Garf » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:22 am

literally what does it have over PSS

instead of being able to see if a friend is online as you play the game, then just jump right into a battle, you have to go through a loading screen, connect to the internet and then search through a player list to find your friend

I like the whole 'upgrade your plaza to get better stalls' aspect, but god damn could they just make a reduced version available on the bottom screen

but then again this is game freak and keeping good design ideas for future titles goes against literally everything they believe in

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:26 pm

Garf wrote:literally what does it have over PSS

instead of being able to see if a friend is online as you play the game, then just jump right into a battle, you have to go through a loading screen, connect to the internet and then search through a player list to find your friend

I like the whole 'upgrade your plaza to get better stalls' aspect, but god damn could they just make a reduced version available on the bottom screen

but then again this is game freak and keeping good design ideas for future titles goes against literally everything they believe in
the plaza upgrade thing makes it worth the decrease in speed.

once you load in once and connect once you can trade/battle as many times as you want consecutively so it's not really an issue in the long run. It's like 30 seconds extra initial wait time.

I'll take an extra 30 seconds for the opportunity to get free master balls/gold bottlecaps/instant max EVs/more EV manipulation/other cool eton mess every few days.

Ape

Post by Ape » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:06 pm

I've heard that the Festival Plaza is a way to try and get around the Nintendo Switch having only one screen, and if they are indeed making a third version for the Switch then they can't really do the same two screen approach that Gen VI had going on.

Then again, this is Game Freak who seem to like to switch up how the bottom screen is used every Gen.

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:27 am

HGSS used the bottom screen the best.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:24 pm

ORAS had the best bottom screen because that Poke Searcher thingy was really gooseberry fool great for Pokedex filling.

second place goes to D/P/PT for having a coin toss app.

Ape

Post by Ape » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:00 pm

Putting the menu on the bottom screen was pretty neat, HG/SS blew their Poketch companions out of the water in terms of using the bottom screen. Gen V and VI using it as a communication interface was pretty handy though, I know Sun/Moon have a Quick Link option but that's only really good for local multiplayer.

Managed to beat the Singles mode in Battle Tree by getting to the 20th fight and winning it. Unlocked Super Singles as a result. The Mareanie that I left in Poke Pelago for EV training has finished that and is now a Level 50 Toxapex which is also going to be added to the pool of Pokemon used for the Battle Tree.

Blaxel411
NNID: Black-wolf209
3DS Friend Code: 4811-7239-6713
Xbox Gamertag: Not on my life

Post by Blaxel411 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:35 am

Currently on a 40 battle winning streak in the battle tree super singles. Team:
Lycanroc-day
Jolly nature
252 Atk/252spd/4hp
Focus sash
Sucker punch
stealth rock
stone edge
fire fang

Tapu Lele
Timid nature
252 Sp.Atk/252spd/4sp.def
Psychium Z
Shadow ball
Psychic
Calm mind
Moonblast

Kartana
Jolly nature
252 Atk/252spd/4hp
Grassium Z
Leaf blade
Psycho cut
Detect
Swords dance

The basic idea is to always make sure lycanrock gets rocks up because the battle tree loves focus sash/sturdy shenanigans. Also helps make sure things go down. Lele and Kartana are the heavy hitters, each with a z-crystal in case a big threat needs to be nuked. Lycan can also do some damage, but he's mainly there for the rocks. Overall the type coverage gets everything except very specific builds like a Gengar with hypnosis, a speedy Drapion or a speedy Escavalier. Detect is there specifically to stall out trick rooms/weather as well as make Slaking completely useless, as the Slaking in the battle tree is a big threat to the team otherwise due to no fighting coverage and Slaking's ridiculous stats. These guys have done very well for me so far, but I'm interested if anyone has any better options.
I think we can all agree that i`m a great asset to the human race.

Garf

Post by Garf » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:28 pm

why is the metal coat not an item that's a pickup? I've got to go get a mon with Thief or something just so I can get myself a Scizor

OmegaPit

Re: Pokémon Sun, Moon & Prism - rip Z

Post by OmegaPit » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:41 pm

Bit late but finally got Pokémon Moon, it's been great so far except the introduction area drags on for so long.

Cero
3DS Friend Code: 4742-7509-0530

Post by Cero » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:37 pm

I still haven't completed this.

Easily my least favourite Pokemon game from the main series.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:25 am

Finally found some time to put some more time into Pokémon Moon and I'm sadly nearing the end of the main game, just caught Lunala and now I'm at the league. Best place to train pre league still Vast Poni Canyon? Pokémon near the league don't seem to give that much experience as Snorunt seems to have a high encounter rate, hoping to get my team all up to level 55 before attempting the league reckon I'd have a decent shot at beating it.

Current team is as follows,

Blathers, level 55
Mimikyu, level 51
Summer, level 50
Drampa, level 50
Vikavolt, level 50
Umbreon, level 50