NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

SONM Battle Factory: Round 3 and swaps

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:34 am

The Truth:
Back by unpopular demand, and sponsored by the one true Kappa, MLGSUS and last but not least BenJHome! You know it, you heard it:

Battle Factory I S B A C K ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And now a few words from our president, BenJHome!

"I'm fuken buzzing that u nerds r still playin digimon together in ur clubz. Now here is a colourin book full of digimon make a team and fuken kill each other with it while I go have a shag."

And without further ado, ending this bizarre introduction, it's time to officially welcome you all to the new SONM
================Battle Factory (Frontier edition)=================

Now that the memes are out of the way for now welcome back guys to another season of battle factory. This has been long brewing over a couple of months so I'm glad we can finally get it on here for the first official SONM battle factory. For those of you new to battle factory, it is similar to the old HGSS battle factory in the battle frontier.

Players are given teams that they battle each other with during rounds, and at the end of each round you can swap one of your pokémon out for another. The scoring runs in a league system so do try and stay active as long as possible.

Helping me once again will be Decretum, and I'd like to put a big thanks to Mint Choc Chip for designing the software we will use for team generation. I;d also like to state that starting this season, we are aiming to release a battle factory podcast every 1-2 weeks, where myself and probably Decretum will discuss the season, battles, how the factory meta is shaping and generally the opinions of the guests we have on regarding the games as a whole. Guests are likely to be long running pokeforumers, though of course we will try to mix it up a bit.

Anyway, onto the new stuff:

Team Allocation

Team generation is a little different this time round bois, if you've been paying attention to the discussion thread then you may have a vague idea of how it's going to work. The main aim of this overhaul was to promote activity by trying to create an initial playing field that was more level than previous battle factories. The way the teams are now generated for you is as follows:

1. Generate 6 NFE, 6 PU and 6 NU pokémon excluding legendaries and ditto. These are your tier pools.
2. These three tier pools of 6 pokémon will then be PM'd to the you.
3. You will then make a team of 6 pokémon using 2 pokémon from each of the three tier pools you have been given, illegal teams will be rejected.
4. The teams will be posted at the start of round 1. Once the teams have been posted they cannot be changed.

If you fail to get the team to me before round 1 starts it will be entered in round 2 in order to combat counter pickers (in a similar vain to step 4). Myself and those assisting me will receive our pools and make teams before anyone else receives their pool in good faith towards not counter teaming. Any sign ups after round 2 starts will be allowed to enter the same round that they submit their team to me.

Swaps

Two to three times a week I will aim initiate swaps as I would like this to be a long season. For this each player which has qualified for swaps will have 3 Pokémon randomly generated for them. You can then swap one of these three Pokémon with a Pokémon in your team permanently (there are no backsies, so think carefully). In order to qualify for swaps all you have to do is battle during the previous round.

Rounds are separated by swaps, for example, if you battle in round 1, which is defined as the time between season start and the first set of swaps, then you will qualify for the first set of swaps. If you then don’t battle in round 2 which is defined as the time between the first swaps and the second swaps, then you don’t qualify for the second set of swaps. So basically even if you lose all your battles, it’s better than not battling at all.

Mega Swaps

The way you are getting mega evolutions is a bit different this time. They are gone from the battle shop (thank god tiering and pricing those things was a logistical nightmare). These new mega swaps will be every 4 rounds, and they will ensure that everyone get's the chance to have a mega evolution. I'll post the summary of how it works below, but if you want in depth detail (and info in the new team genning system as well) check this thread here.

-mega swaps every 4 rounds
-mega pokémon take up your mega slot (MSlot) (this will be shown in your team preview on the thread)
-can only use the pokémon in your MSlot for mega swaps
-for your first mega swap you can:
a) Swap a regular pokémon for a pokémon with a mega stone
b) Swap an item on a potential mega for a mega stone listed in the swaps
-your first mega swap creates your MSlot with the pokémon/stone you just obtained
-for subsequent swaps you can
a) Swap a pokémon and it's mega stone in your MSlot for a new pokémon and mega stone listed in the swaps
b) Exchange a mega stone from the pokémon in your MSlot with a mega stone from the listed swaps, providing you already have the pokemon to match that stone in your team. If you do this then the pokémon that receives the new mega stone now takes up your MSlot while the old mega becomes a regular pokémon (no mega stone allowed)
-You will not have a choice for pokémon with multiple mega evolutions, you MUST use the mega stone depicted by the mega sprite in your swaps

Obviously there has to be an incentive for battling or there would be no point in this thread. Each victory will earn you battle points (BP), unfortunately losses are worth nothing. The scale of your victory is taken into account to determine the amount of points that you gain. Points per win are as follows:
- Win 6-0 = 50 points
- Win 3-0 = 30 points
- Win 1-0 = 20 points
Results should be posted as above (included losses e.g. lost 5-0 to K2 :O) in the form of Won/Lost X-0 vs <User>; where X is the number of Pokémon able to battle left on the victors team. You may also notice the points for a 6-0 win has increased to 50. This is because we feel a 6-0 is much much harder to achieve (especially later in the season) unless you've been given an odd team which counters every single Pokémon in every other team.

**I would also like it if possible all results that you gain during a round (including losses and scale of win or loss) posted in just one post which you continue to edit during each round. This just makes it easier on myself when updating, and will probably result in more frequent updates as it means I don’t have to trawl through the spread sheet to find you again because you posted more results later in the thread.**

Battling

You can challenge anyone else who is participating in order to get results. If they accept your challenge be honest in your results post, I don’t want to have to deal with arguments. Battles will take place on showdown, make sure you go in the lobby under official chat rooms and put 00000/000/0NM or somehthing before your name so we know you're from sonm and we all appear at the top. You can also use this chatangay here for banter and challenging

This brings me to the second part around battling. Though this is a representation of an in-game system, the battles will be using competitive battling rule standards from smogon. Rules on clauses can be found here, a complete list of popular competitive sets for Pokémon can be found here. If you still are unsure about any information about competitive battling, dicks-on-robert (top kek) wrote a guide for gen 6 which can be found here.

If you have never done competitive battling before don’t worry too much, since the teams are randomized it is very difficult to represent the current meta game in battle factory. Therefore you are at no particular disadvantage other than experience of actual battling.

**As far as banlists go for the first round we will be using the banlist that applies to the NU tier as listed on smogon. The best way to make sure you aren't breaking anything is to make a team on showdown and verify it as NU. After this we will be using the OU banlist, with one exception: permanent rain and sun are banned until the mega swaps happen. I should also note that this is the first season we will be letting our dragon brethren roam freely in swaps, so have fun using dragonite, haxorus, garchomp and salemence should you get them. There is an exception to this also however, should you get a salamence you must run intimidate, as it was ruled that moxie is too powerful. Anyone found knowingly violating these bans will be suspended. Any wins while unknowingly violating the banlist will not count, so make sure you understand the list. Also if you use a pokémon not in your team the same applies. Banlists for OU and NU are at the top of the page for the respective tiers.**

The Leader Board

I will aim to update the leader board at least once per week. The player stats will be posted with the player avatar, ordered by rank. The stats are as follows:
Name: <Player name>
Win-Loss: <Win to loss ratio>
Current Team: <Sprites of player’s current team. Mega slot is listed first>

Rank is determined primarily by battle points, then by win loss ratio if there is a tie in points.

Battle shop (because gooseberry fool dumb French words)

The battle shop is what was formerly known as the battle boutique. It's more or less the same except gone is that dumb gen sixified name and megas and back is the familiar shop. The shop will be explained in full when it opens (usually at least 5-8 rounds into the season). In short the shop allows you to purchase pokémon for your team using battle points.

Questions?

If there are any questions or queries please feel free to pm me on SONM or ask in the discussion topic.
Last edited by fluffyKittan on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

fluffyKittan

Re: SONM Battle Factory: Enter Ben Mode

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:34 am

Battle shop (because gooseberry fool dumb French words)

Battle shop is CLOSED

Battle shop is closed at the moment, stay tuned part way into the season for it's re-opening!
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:35 am

Leader Board

This is the leader board as it stands:

Name: Hassythesassy
Win-Loss: 11:4
Current Team:

Name: fluffyKittan
Win-Loss: 10:1
Current Team:

Name: Rik
Win-Loss: 8:2
Current Team:

Name: PiGreat
Win-Loss: 5:5
Current Team:

Name: Xenoblade Hero
Win-Loss: 4:4
Current Team:

Name: Pineapple
Win-Loss: 3:5
Current Team:

Name: Andymck
Win-Loss: 3:2
Current Team:

Name: bes
Win-Loss: 2:4
Current Team:

Name: Pokemaniac212
Win-Loss: 2:1
Current Team:

Name: The Almighty Undefeated Edd
Win-Loss: 1:0
Current Team:

Name: Nintendo Ninja
Win-Loss: 1:3
Current Team:

Name: Kappa
Win-Loss: 1:3
Current Team:

Name: JenovaPX
Win-Loss: 1:6
Current Team:

Name: Casplen
Win-Loss: 0:4
Current Team:

Name: Evilpinkdragon
Win-Loss: 0:4
Current Team:

Name: Decrectum
Win-Loss: 0:2
Current Team:

Name: Dix
Win-Loss: 0:0
Current Team:
Last edited by fluffyKittan on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:15 am, edited 8 times in total.

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:36 am

Latest Podcast

OP is over pls sign up guys, team pools will be posted Friday.

fluffKittan
Decretum
Pineapple
Jenova
RIk
Andymck
EPD
Xeno
The undefeated Edd
Bes
Quarg Ranger
Pokemaniac
Nintendo Ninja
Casplen
Pi Great
Hass
Last edited by fluffyKittan on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

Post by Decretum » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:40 am

Today I discovered that my favourite phrase is now enter ben mode
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:41 am

For once I am not busy during a league sign me the (heck) up
Last edited by Pineapple on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:41 am

In to wipe the floor with you guys in memory of Ben
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:42 am

Pineapple wrote:For once I am not busy during a tournament sign me the (heck) up
It's a league if you call it a tourney again Ben will find you.

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:46 am

BasculIN
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:48 am

Rik wrote:BasculIN
KIN urself

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:51 am

excuse me

andymck

Post by andymck » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:51 am

in lol

stickied btw

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:27 am

ty m8

evilpinkdragon
NNID: evilpinkdragon
3DS Friend Code: 358302156059
PSN ID: evilpinkdragon
Steam ID: evilpinkdragon

Post by evilpinkdragon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:04 am

In ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So you can drag me through hell if it meant I could hold your hand / I will follow you cause I'm under your spell

Xenoblade Hero
NNID: XenobladeHero
3DS Friend Code: 189115095006
PSN ID: Xenoblade Hero

Post by Xenoblade Hero » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:12 am

everyone get IN here
BGO Weekly Nights- They're (Not) Back (Yet)!
Youtube Nugget Bridge

Overall ONM Hunger Games Champion and winner of The ONM VGC Tour

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:11 pm

I'll get a 'friendlier' banner to put a front page request on. Might also be worth tapping up G Arcade

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:03 pm

I'm in to get generated a team, make it, battle once, win, never battle again and maintain my unbroken 100% win record.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Bes

Post by Bes » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:04 pm

IN, and as the king of dumb gimmick pokemon you guys don't stand a chance
Though my guards may sleep and ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:07 pm

M8 NU has some threats in it now don't mess. Also I'm banning super fang is cormac is playing :^)

Bes

Post by Bes » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Smh such a hater
Though my guards may sleep and ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Ben gon give it to ya

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:23 pm

fluffyKittan wrote:
Pineapple wrote:For once I am not busy during a tournament sign me the (heck) up
It's a league if you call it a tourney again Ben will find you.
My humble apologies, I realise my post my be potentially triggering and so have edited my post.

Please spare me, Ben

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:26 pm

I have been back on SONM for like 6 months how does people not know 90% of my posts aren't serious by now. (The OP is serious though, except for ben, I don't think he even knows I have that picture immortalised)

Quarg Ranger
NNID: I wonder if
3DS Friend Code: writing in the
PSN ID: profile fields is
Xbox Gamertag: restricted?
Steam ID: Apparently not...

Post by Quarg Ranger » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:46 pm

Give me them dank Pokés friendo.
Wrathy: Water's not just a drink. I mean, you can't have a bath in lemonade, wash the dishes in sprite or flush the toilet with irn bru.
--
Gallery | RedBubble | Never Forget
--
I used to have an original sig, now I'm just a mod.

pokemaniac212
NNID: onetruemaniac
3DS Friend Code: 506939914753
Steam ID: pokemaniac212

Re: SONM Battle Factory: The Truth Contained

Post by pokemaniac212 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Not sure how active I'll be able to be, but may as well give it a go.