Your previous Pokemon teams

The forum for all Pokémon fans!
Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Your previous Pokemon teams

Post by Ape » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:53 am

Thought this would make for an interesting topic. In all the Pokemon games you've played, what were the teams you used to enter the Hall of Fame? Whether you Solo'd the game with just one Pokemon (and maybe a second) or had a full team of six, maybe you were even playing a Nuzlocke.

I'll start by saying that I restarted Red many times so my memory is somewhat hazy, but I believe that I solo'd the game with Venusaur the first time through, but I also recall using a Beedrill at one point. Gold I believe was Feraligatr, Ampharos, the Red Gyarados and Piloswine (from what I can remember) although only Feraligatr and Ampharos were actually any good. That game effectively made Ampharos one of my favourite Pokemon.

Ruby was effectively a two man show with Blaziken and Breloom most of the time but a Tentacruel which knew all HM moves was also used and post game I trained a Trapinch all the way up to Level 100. Restarted Ruby and traded my team over (the four I mentioned) and built a new team of Swampert, Swellow, Exploud and Groudon although the Tentacruel from the first playthrough was part of the first Hall of Fame winning team as was my Breloom, the Level 100 Blaziken and Flygon were left in my box.

LeafGreen I had many playthroughs but the team that got me to all the Sevii Islands the first time is the team I remember most. That was Charizard, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Sandslash, Electrode (traded for Raichu, preferred the Raichu) and Dragonite.

Pearl was my first attempt at building a balanced team in terms of levels. I ended up with Infernape, Staraptor, Bibarel, Luxray, Rosedale and Palika. The last spot was difficult to fill, when I realised that Kriketune was rubbish I swapped it for Bastiodon. .. but couldn't find much use for that either and eventually cheaped out by using Palika.

White is an interesting one. Technically when I beat the game it was Emboar, Simisage, Unfezant, Seismitoad, Krookodile and Zekrom (subbed for Zebstrika) but Unfezant got dropped after I got Kyurem and I don't remember if it was actually part of the first HoF winning team.

White 2 was Serperior, Ampharos, Golduck, Lucario, Arcanine and Flygon. Easily my favourite team in terms of Mon used.

Finally, Y was Chesnaught, Gardevoir, Charizard, Pangoro, Heliolisk and Dragalge.

tl;dr Started soloing the games, ended up building proper teams. Over to you.
Last edited by Ape on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Re: Your previous Pokemon teams

Post by Robbo-92 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:49 am

Like yourself I unintentionally solo'd Red the first time I played with Charizard and have done it again over the years (most recently this year when they released on the eshop). I'd say Pokémon Yellow was the first time I almost had a full team, as you start with Pikachu and then get the three starters on your way, think I had a Pidgeot as well.

From what I remember for Pokemon Gold I had Meganium, Noctowl, Ampharos and the Red Gyarados. I think I may have added Ho-Oh and Lugia after the 16 gyms though. I actually thought this was a half decent in game team, no idea if it actually was or not but I seemed to breeze through the game with ease.

For Pokémon Ruby I almost felt you were forced into a 4 Pokémon team (useable Pokémon that is) as there were so many HM's and I didn't like constantly switching my Pokémon around so I needed two HM slaves. I know I had a Sceptile, Swellow, Absol and Salamance the first time I played, I've gone though it quite a lot of times with just two Pokémon though, each of the starters and then a Swellow.

Pokémon Pearl I had an Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxray (still probably one of my favourite electric types to this day), Rampardos and Lucario. Think I finished my team off with a Bibarel as a HM slave.

Never got round to playing Fire Red/Leaf Green and I can't recall any of my teams from Black/White 2 except Samurott and Darmantium in Black and Serperior and Darmantium in White 2, think I may have used a Volcorana at some point as well. For the whole I didn't really enjoy Black/White 2, probably my least played games of the series.

On Pokémon Y I had a Chesnaught, Charizard, Lapras, Aegislash and Pikachu. I've played this through a few times though with Greninja taking the place of Chesnaught and switching Lapras out for Lucario.

My most recent game was (obviously) Omega Ruby, I've only played this through the once, with Sun and Moon launching soon I probably won't play through it a second time either. I used Sceptile, Swellow, Metagross, Ninetales, Pikachu and Milotic. I was actually pretty happy with this team.

On the whole I don't normally plan many members of my team at all, except the starter that is. All I've got for Moon so far is Rowlet.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Whatever I came across and I liked that offered some decent type coverage to the rest of things/or was able to use x HM goes into the team, simple as that. Never really considered it a memorable part of the games since it really just becomes a white noise after a couple of playthroughs of the same game. Maybe if the games did have a difficulty that posed a challenge then you'd have to put more thought into teams, switch new members in, have to plan ahead, etc. then they'd stick with you more but eh, we've got simple kid's RPGs, suppose it does help make every mon viable though. And yes, I know in an RPG where you can level up readily, you have a mass of type diversity at your hands and the AI plays like a child that was dropped on his head a few times things won't ever be particularly difficult but I can hope.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:02 pm

I can't really remember my original teams any further back than FireRed apart from Charizard and Articuno carrying the team in Yellow and Lanturn and Meganium doing the same for Gold. Sapphire I definitely used Blaziken, Pelliper, Hariyama and Kyogre but I can't remember to what degree they stayed in the team or what filled the other two slots. After that though I started planning my teams a bit more, usually go for teams made up completely from that gen.
FireRed:
Charizard
Pidgeot
Jolteon
Machamp
Lapras
Articuno
Pearl:
Infernape
Staraptor
Luxray
Weavile
Lucario
Palkia
Black:
Samurott
Unfezant
Eelektross
Golurk
Gigalith
Reshiram
White 2:
Emboar
Alakazam
Lanturn
Pelliper
Lucario
Dragonite

Decided on this one to do a run with mon from every gen so I traded the eggs for Wingull, Dratini, Chinchou and Abra over from Black.
X:
Chesnaught
Blastoise
Blaziken
Talonflame
Florges
Aegislash
AS:
Blaziken
Pelliper
Ludicolo (shock!)
Glalie
Armaldo
Kyogre
Think in Moon I'm going to try and go in as blind as possible and just try out whatever, definitely choosing Rowlet as my starter and I may use Lunaala if there's space left but other than that I'm not planning it.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:50 pm

Yellow:
Pikachu
Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Pidgeot
Hitmonlee
Crystal:
Typhlosion
Victreebel
Onix
Machoke
Poliwrath
Noctowl
Sapphire:
Blaziken
Gardevoir
Manectric
Milotic
Swellow
Breloom
Leaf Green:
Venusaur
Hitmonchan
Nidoking
Pidgeot
Lapras
Ninetails
Diamond:
Empoleon
Luxray
Rapidash
Roserade
Staraptor
Bibarel
Heartgold:
Typhlosion
Vileplume
Pidgeot
Seaking
Onix
Ampharos
White:
Samurott
Lilligant
Darmanitan
Vanilluxe
Swoobat
Conkeldurr
White 2:
Emboar
Scolipede
Golduck
Flygon
Braviary
Swanna
Y:
Chesnaught
Drifblim
Wailord
Pyroar
Meowstic
Toxicroak

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:02 am

How do any of you remember this stuff?
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Rik

Post by Rik » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:09 am

Because pogeymans is srs business Edd

Garf

Post by Garf » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:44 am

i remember only the useless eton mess of my life and never anything that actually means something

OmegaPit

Post by OmegaPit » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:11 am

Edd wrote:How do any of you remember this stuff?
The only teams I'd be able to remember are the ones whose battery hasn't died and I'd be able to load them up. I can't even remember which team I had to beat OR.

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:37 am

Garf wrote:i remember only the useless eton mess of my life and never anything that actually means something
/O

Also noticing a very similar pattern between Rik and my teams in only using Pokemon from that gen apart from in White 2 where we both had Pokemon from every Gen.

Rik

Post by Rik » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:38 pm

Garf wrote:i remember only the useless eton mess of my life and never anything that actually means something
I'm glad I'm not the only one

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Rik wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one
Get out of my head.

I don't remember most of my original teams. Though Red and Gold were just Charizard and Typhlosion plus whatever else I had like HM users. Though I do specifically remember using Sandslash in Red and ruining it by accidentally deleting its best move because I was pressing A too fast. And in Gold I used Ho-oh because what did you expect me to do when you gave me something that magnificent when I was like 8?

I remember Ruby a fair bit better, though it was similar in that Blaziken was the main thing. I also had Groudon, Mightyena, Pelipper, Golbat and Medicham. The last two I kinda just caught in Victory Road and kept because I had nothing higher levelled. Diamond was Infernape, Dialga, Luxray and things. I think Black and Black 2 were when I first started to try and have balanced levels. It didn't go too well and I don't actually remember most of my teams for those games because I played them both in Japanese and English. Emboar was in all 4 of them, I know that much. And Chandelure was something I used in my English version of Black.

I do remember my entire X team though. Delphox, Charizard, Aurorus, Heliolisk, Pangoro and Aegislash.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

Dix
PSN ID: zXEpic-ToxicXz

Post by Dix » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:18 pm

In the early days, I basically did the whole only using the Pokémon I liked kinda deal.

In Blue, I just used a Blastoise and Pidgeot for basically the entire run, then caught a Zapdos and used that a little too.

In Silver, the first one I ever completed, I just levelled a Typhlosion and a Persian.

After these two, I got a little older, and more competent at the game.

In Sapphire, I had a Swampert, Wingull, Breloom, Armaldo, Swalot, Vibrava.

Emerald: Minun, Sceptile, Gyarados, Solrock, Swellow, Exploud.

Fire Red: Blastoise, Pidgeot, Arcanine, Jolteon, Kadabra, Arbok

Diamond: Staraptor, Blastoise (traded it over as a Squirtle) Machamp (got it from a friend for my Prinplup.), Luxray, Gengar, Kricketune

Platinum: Infernape, Bronzong, Floatzel, Roserade, Lucario, Crobat (got a shiny Zubat on a random encounter)

Soul Silver: Typhlosion, Ampharos, Gyarados, Sudowoodo, Togetic, Vileplume

Black: Samurott, Sawk, Leavanny, Zebstrika, Zoroark, Simisear.

White 2: Magnezone, Arcanine, Drapion, Vaporeon, Tangrowth, Mamoswine (Probably my favourite run through team I've used. Had an Emboar, Excadrill, and a super high level Shiny Dragonite.)

X: Chesnaught, Blastoise, Talonflame, Lucario, Aegislash, Tyrantrum.

Alpha Sapphire: Sceptile, Wingull (which evolved accidentally during the elite four, prompting me to lose on purpose and restart.), Camerupt, Mightyena, Manectric, Exploud.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

fluffyKittan
NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

Post by fluffyKittan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:31 am

Red:

Farfetch'd
Farfetch'd
Farfetch'd
Farfetch'd
Farfetch'd
Farfetch'd

100% Farfetched
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

Rik

Post by Rik » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:00 pm

I find that claim rather extraordinary, hell, some might even say it's pretty unbelievable

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Contrary to what many people believe, it wasn't Farfetch'd that was the real MVP, it was Fartfetch'd.
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:36 pm

Ruby

Blaziken, Gardevoir, Azumarill, Aggron, Breloom, Altaria

Omega Ruby

Mawile, Crawdaunt, Exploud, Torkoal, Xatu, Cradily

Can't really remember my other teams as these were the most recent ones.

Garf

Post by Garf » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:48 pm

fluffyKittan wrote:Contrary to what many people believe, it wasn't Farfetch'd that was the real MVP, it was Fartfetch'd.
farfetch'd being unable to learn poison gas is a crying shame i tell ya

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:25 am

Yes if it could have learned that I'd have needed less Farfetch'd in my team leaving space for some other pokemon like Farfetch'd

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:13 am

r/b: blastoise + hm friends

g/s: fera, magneton, noctowl, graveller

r/s: swampert, lv 25 swellow

d/p: torterra, staraptor, gastrodon, skunktank, bronzong

b/w: sephiroth, zebstrika, pansear, conkeldurr, sigilyph and something else, endgame was carried entirely by conkeldurr

x/y: greninja, blastoise, lucario and talonflame who i got at level 2 after the 7th gym since i didn't have anyone with fly thanks wondertrade

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:44 am

Kappa wrote:r/b: blastoise + hm friends
You have an improbable way of spelling Farfetch'd there

Blaxel411
NNID: Black-wolf209
3DS Friend Code: 4811-7239-6713
Xbox Gamertag: Not on my life

Post by Blaxel411 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:01 pm

Nostaglgia incoming

FireRed:
Charizard
Pigeot
Jolteon
Gyarados
And two others I don't remember

HeartGold:
Typhlosion
Poliwrath
Nidoking
Pigeot
Ampharos
Ho-Oh

Emerald:
Blaziken
Pelipper
Manectric
Rayquaza
Altaria
Aggron

Platinum (MY OG TEAM)
INFERNAPE
EAGLE EYE (STARAPTOR)
LUXRAY
TOXICROAK
GIRATINA
FLOATZEL

White:
Emboar
Unfezant/Braviary
Carracosta
Haxorus
Simisage
Zekrom

Black 2:
Samurott
Arcanine
Muk
Altaria
Electivire
Black-Kyurem

Y:
Finn (Chesnaught)
Clamps (Clawitiser)
Pwickly (Helioptile)
Harry (Talonflame)
Henry VIII (Tyrantrum)
Axel (Blaziken)

AS:
Blaziken
Latias
Exploud
Azumarill
Altaria
Manectric

My personal favourite team is still my Platinum team. They were the first pokemon I used in a game, and I have fond memories of them till this day. Thinking back, me and that team had a lot of anime moments together, like how I lost to Roark having no idea when chimchar will evolve then going off to train. Then he evolved, learned mach punch, and then we went back in and recked house.
There was also the time I was walking to snowpoint. I had an eevee at the time, but I had no clue how to eveolve it into anything. But the ice rock just happened to be nearby, and it became a Glaceon. Sadly I swapped Glaceon out for Giratina later on.
I think we can all agree that i`m a great asset to the human race.

shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Post by shy guy 64 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:08 pm

well lets see can only remember the more recent titles, i mostly go for just my favorite pokemon as im not one for meta game but i do try to make sure its a diverse selection of types

heart gold: typhlosion, raichu, xatu, starmie, glaceon, tangrowth

black: samurott, zebstrika, klinklang, chandelure, beartic, arechops

black 2: samurott, lucario, klinklang, chandelure, sunflora, flygon

x: chesnaught, barbacle, hawlucha, goodra, klefki, avalugg

alpha sapphire: swampert, gallade, camperupt, tropius, banette, frolass
Last edited by shy guy 64 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:10 pm

tier lists for ingame are very different to 6v6 or vgc tiers

but
shy guy 64 wrote:alpha sapphire: swampert, gallade, camperupt, tropius, banette, frolass
ma tree hugger

shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Post by shy guy 64 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:36 am

Kappa wrote:tier lists for ingame are very different to 6v6 or vgc tiers

but
shy guy 64 wrote:alpha sapphire: swampert, gallade, camperupt, tropius, banette, frolass
ma tree hugger
you what?
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me