Pokémon Bank

The forum for all Pokémon fans!
Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Pokémon Bank

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:51 pm

Hello everyone, I'm probably quite late to the party as far as Pokémon Bank goes but I thought I'd set it up this side of Sun/Moon launching, getting all my Pokémon I want to keep from Black, White 2, Y and maybe OR as well transferred into the bank before its updated next year to work with the new games (and RBY on the eshop as well) and I've got a few questions about it before I go ahead. This would mean I could freely enjoy the main part of the Pokémon games again as well.

- While I don't have many Pokémon I'd like to keep from Black & White 2 there is a few (Black and White 2 weren't my favourite generation of Pokémon games), how do I go about transferring these as from what I've read these don't seem to be compatible with Pokémon bank but something along the lines of Poke Transporter, so how would I go about it?

- Can you transfer as many Pokémon as you want from one game each time? Or is there a limit? So if you wanted to transfer just a team of 6 you could or if you wanted to transfer a batch of 100 Pokémon you could as well? I take it the game you're transfering from (if you did want to start again but wanted to keep your Pokémon) just needs at least one Pokémon left on the trainer?

- Legendaries, sure I'm not a huge fan of many of the later Legendary Pokémon but I don't exactly want to just leave them behind either. Is there a limit of one of each legendary Pokémon per bank? I've played through Y a couple of times meaning I've managed to get a couple of Mewtwo's, Yvetals and Zygardes (or maybe just one Zygarde, I can't remember), would I be able to transfer the multiple ones across or just one of each? Also event legendary Pokémon, I didn't get all (most in fact) of the legendary Pokémon being given out over the year but I did get one of my favourite legendary Pokémon in Manaphy, is there a time limit to pass before I can deposit it into the bank?

- Can you access the bank at any time in the game? So say if I wanted to start Pokémon Y again and fancied using a Pokémon you could only catch in the latter stages of the game such as Goomy could I transfer them from the bank near the start of the game or is it post league only? Again not a deal breaker but it would be nice. Can you withdraw legendary Pokémon as and when as well?

- Can you deposit held items (currently held by Pokémon) into the bank as well, so you can keep hold of your mega stones for example?

- Finally is the charge of £4.49 on a rolling subscription or do you have to manually renew it each year?

Thats all I can think of for now so thanks in advance to any answers you can give. Just to finish off I know I could have probably found most (if not all) of these answers out by googling but I thought it might be good to have it in one place, in case any new members have similar questions about Pokémon Bank in the future. Feel free to add your own questions about Pokémon Bank (if you have any that is) as well.

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Re: Pokémon Bank

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:16 pm

-The PokéTransporter moves over every Pokémon in PC Box 1 in the inserted game, with the exception of those picked up by the hack checker, and a few other arbitrarily restricted Mon (unevolved starters for some reason?).

-See above. The limit is 30, one box at a time. You have to open Bank each time and move the last batch out of the Transfer box.

-Absolutely no limit on the number of legendaries you can have, event or otherwise. I've cloned a ton myself. I think an event Shiny Jirachi is prevented from transfer for some reason though.

-As soon as you get the Pokédex. No limit on the Pokémon you can withdraw.

-Manual renewal, but you get an extremely long grace period if you don't renew- you can withdraw Pokémon from the Bank, but not deposit or arrange boxes.
das a peepo

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:21 pm

How do I go about downloading the Poké Transporter? Is it automatically included in the Pokémon Bank application?

At least it sounds like it'll be a quick process to trade all the ones I want to across to the bank, I had it in my head it was maximum 6 at one time.

Thanks for the answers.

Chocolate-Milk

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:28 pm

It's a separate download, but there's a link on Bank's menu screen to take you to the Transporter's eShop page.
das a peepo

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:34 pm

All sorted, even easier to do then I envisioned. Just another quick question (because I can't see how to do this) can you group select Pokémon to move them all from an in game boxes to the bank boxes? Sure selecting Pokémon one by one isn't terrible but it's a little time consuming if you've got a few to transfer.

Chocolate-Milk

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:07 pm

Like organising your PC in game, you press Select (X?) to change the colour of the cursor. I think the green one lets you drag over multiple 'Mon and grab them all at once.
das a peepo

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:37 pm

I'll have to try that when I next transfer some across to it.