UNITED WE STAND

Having any problems with the site? Can you think of a way to make SONM better? Post here. Also includes forum news.
Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D

UNITED WE STAND

Post by Pineapple » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:01 pm

Hello fellow members. This morning, at 1:45 am, a catastrophe happened that shook SONM to its very core: dearest member RichardUK left the forums.

Richard was, in his own words, "pushed out" of the forums after his threads were locked one by one. Instead of taking measures to ensure that simulating and enriching discussion could happen in these threads, the mods coldly locked the threads. With nowhere to post pictures of the Royal Family or videos about Argos other than the video thread Richard was left with no choice but to leave. In fact, it's been just over an hour since a certain SONM moderator maliciously locked Richard's Flags thread, joking that they had previously missed it.

This is disgraceful behaviour from the moderators - users who are supposed to be a role model for other members to follow. I know without a doubt that I shall abstain from nominating winners for "Model Mod" when the prestigious 2015 SONM Awards arrive. Forcing a member to leave is unforgivable, especially when said user is as beloved as RichardUK.

However, YOU can change this. Richard said he will return if SONM moderator and admin OrangeRakoon unlocks his threads. At 12:53 pm I messaged OrangeRakoon expressing my disgust at actions of the moderators but currently I have yet to receive a reply. Could there be a finer example of the corruption among the SONM leadership team? I think not. Therefore I implore all of you to ask the same. We are not just asking for some threads to be unlocked. We are asking for freedom from mod oppression. We are asking for a forum where everyone is welcome and valued. We are asking for respect as human beings and SONM users.

Thank you for reading this thread, hopefully you shall see my plea for help as a call to action, for queen and country. Together we will show what makes Great Britain truly great. God bless and God save the queen. This has been SONM user Pineapple, and now it is over to you, the community of SONM.

Image#Justice4RichardUK #Justice4CrispBong #ModAbuse

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Re: UNITED WE STAND

Post by row101 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:16 pm

Fight the power!

I don't think the mods did anything wrong in their handling of the situation. Wrathy maybe got a little heavy-handed, there was no need to lock the flag thread but it was only temporary.

The problem is with the userbase.
Thank you.

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:28 pm

row101 wrote:The problem is with the userbase.
No.

Casplen
NNID: Casplen
PSN ID: Casplenn
Steam ID: Casplen

Post by Casplen » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:29 pm

Yeah, let's be pompous in a joke thread. Good job Row, you tell 'em.

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:32 pm

This wouldn't have happened if Row was a mod.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:34 pm

LFF told me to PM OR and demand justice but I didn't so I think LFF should be demodded for being a traitor and I should be raised up in his place for being a snitch, the perfect mod quality.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:39 pm

#ff Garf

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:41 pm

You know Edd I agree with you, after all LFF is the one who locked the Argos thread in the first place. Truly he is, as Ghost said, "a fat and ugly poo" >:((

samus_killer
NNID: samus_killer
PSN ID: samus_killer
Xbox Gamertag: SamusKiller

Post by samus_killer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:15 pm

It really is a tragic loss rip