Should we accept threads about acceptance of Fat Acceptance?

Having any problems with the site? Can you think of a way to make SONM better? Post here. Also includes forum news.
The False Guwuh
3DS Friend Code: 112           

Should we accept threads about acceptance of Fat Acceptance?

Post by The False Guwuh » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:08 pm

Wrathy wrote:
This post is so gooseberry fool stupid that I'm not even going to properly reply to it. Your euphoric individualism works well for thin, cis, heterosexual, able bodied, able minded, (comparatively) wealthy white males who benefit from the structures our society promotes and practically no-one else. I wonder which group you fall into?

Edit: Actually gooseberry fool it, I'm going to lock this thread because dirt dude doesn't seem capable of actually interacting with people in a coherent manner when he's trying to talk about things he clearly doesn't understand.
While I'm sure that Wrathy's understanding of weight issues (no doubt gleaned from many hard hours of research on tumblr.com) is absolutely flawless, I think that it is only fair that us unenlightened whities - who believe that basic thermodynamics holds more swing than a vague oppressive system - have a chance to be educated about what fat loss has to do with whether or not we are gay or transgendered. I understand that it's hard to fight the good fight and that educating eton mess such as I can be just as tiring as 60 minutes of cardio, however I would suggest that if a mod doesn't like the debate going on in a thread then they should just not post in the thread as any normal ONM member would, since locking (in my opinion) is not appropriate in a thread that did not break the rules of ONM.
People who get offended should be offended

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D

Re: Should we accept threads about acceptance of Fat Accepta

Post by Pineapple » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Vanish.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:22 pm

The real question is 'Should we accept The False Guwuh'

The answer is no

Wrathy

Post by Wrathy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:19 pm

The False Guwuh wrote:While I'm sure that Wrathy's understanding of weight issues (no doubt gleaned from many hard hours of research on tumblr.com) is absolutely flawless,
Actually no, my understanding of weight issues comes from years of overeating and not exercising due to severe mental health issues, actually being fat, being told repeatedly by health professionals that I should be actively working on it, all the while lacking the drive to actually change comfort food habits and not having the capacity to even want to feel comfortable in my own body. But no, it's nice of you to feel entitled enough and educated enough about my life to just presume to know the first gooseberry fool thing about me.
I think that it is only fair that us unenlightened whities - who believe that basic thermodynamics holds more swing than a vague oppressive system - have a chance to be educated about what fat loss has to do with whether or not we are gay or transgendered.
I've read this sentence about five times and I still don't understand it. The odds are stacked against the population; largely sedentary lifestyles at work, where we're planted at desks for several hours at a time, combined with mass produced, cheaply available, crappy food full of sugars and other chemicals that don't work well in a body to give it anything but empty carbs, means that the rate of overweight people can, will and does exponentially rise, as more people get sucked into it. Practically any "obesity epidemic" story glosses over this structural setup and blames the individual for being sucked in; but you just sort of have to ask "why is this happening" and I don't really think "because you're a fat lazy gooseberry fool" is a satisfactory answer.
I understand that it's hard to fight the good fight and that educating eton mess such as I can be just as tiring as 60 minutes of cardio, however I would suggest that if a mod doesn't like the debate going on in a thread then they should just not post in the thread as any normal ONM member would, since locking (in my opinion) is not appropriate in a thread that did not break the rules of ONM.
Across the three and a bit pages of that thread, I had to give you a warning for calling people "retards", while you were antagonising other users and backing out with obvious statements like "I'm not a psychologist" (as an aside, don't try and act like one if you're not - it's painful to watch you out of your league) which were neither satisfactory nor justifying your posts. I was in two minds about it but actually, there were complaints from forum users about that thread which it would have been frankly irresponsible for me not to respond to. It's not that I don't like the debate, it's that there really was none. You were just spouting nonsense which was neither grounded in reality nor applicable to anyone and acting as though everyone else should agree with your euphoric self. Here's a tip: we don't.