Currently playing

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Re: Currently playing

Post by Nofes » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:07 am

DekuHero wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:15 pm
by the time I've finished with IX they'll probably have done the international release of XI so I'll play that too hopefully.
XI is an MMO, dude.
Bucket

fluffyKittan
NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

Post by fluffyKittan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:47 am

Nofes wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:07 am
DekuHero wrote:
by the time I've finished with IX they'll probably have done the international release of XI so I'll play that too hopefully.
XI is an MMO, dude.
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Nofes wrote:
DekuHero wrote:
XI is an MMO, dude.
X is the mmo, xi is the new one on PS4/Switch/3DS
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:27 am

Made quite a bit of progress on Metroid: Samus Returns. Made it quite a bit of the way through Area 2 and got the Spider Ball, Ice Beam, Spring Ball, Varia Suit, Wave Beam and High Jump Boots as well as getting the Metroid count down to 30... including the first encounter with a Gamma Metroid which took quite a bit of time to take down.

Also a nice surprise when I was going to get one of the upgrades...
When going to get the Spring Ball the Chozo Statue looks a bit off. Just when you think it might be a Statue that comes to life in the boss battle... instead the powerup unrolls itself and reveals itself to be the first boss from Metroid Fusion (I think so, it's attack patterns resemble that of said boss)...

Hopefully there are more original boss battles in this game aside from this one, the Metroid battles get repetitive after a while though the nature of this game means that is a fault that can't really be corrected aside from upgrading them.
Still an area of Area 2 to explore which has now opened up after getting the Varia Suit, probably get done with Area 2 in my next play session with the game, although I may go back to F1 2017 to get the Chinese GP done.

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:20 am

Rik wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:02 pm
Nofes wrote:
DekuHero wrote:
XI is an MMO, dude.
I'm not big on your brand of eton mess.
Bucket

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 am

Pokémon Gold, really do love the gen 2 games. Just about to do the first gym, so far my team is Chikorita at level 15 and Hoothoot at level 10. Next additions will be a Mareep and then one of Umbreon/Espeon although I'm leaning more towards an Espeon as I haven't used one before whereas I've used Umbreon plenty.

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:35 am

Nofes wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:20 am
Rik wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:02 pm
Nofes wrote:

XI is an MMO, dude.
I'm not big on your brand of eton mess.
Luv u 2 xo
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Ape

Post by Ape » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:47 am

I would have bought Pokemon Gold off the 3DS eShop if it weren't for the fact that I've been pretty burned out of Gen 2 in recent years, having played through HeartGold last year and after losing the save file to corruption, playing through again on SoulSilver. So too soon for me to redip into the original Gen 2 games even though it would be nice to own Gold again after some unfortunte circumstances lead me to losing that game. If I did get it I would probably use it as a Nuzlocke game and start with someone other than Totodile because both HeartGold and SoulSilver saw me trying to recreate and add to my original Gold team.

Likely won't be buying a new mainline Pokemon game until Gen 8 comes out, but that doesn't stop this from being a great gaming year. We've already had Breath of the Wild, Sonic Mania, Samus Returns and Splatoon 2 and we still have Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to come, and I'm just talking about the Nintendo side of things. This year seems to be a new record for the amount of new games this year that I'm buying that I might actually had a top 10 games of the year list by the end of it all... ...probably helped by the fact that I can play PS4 games now but still.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Ape wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:27 am
When going to get the Spring Ball the Chozo Statue looks a bit off. Just when you think it might be a Statue that comes to life in the boss battle... instead the powerup unrolls itself and reveals itself to be the first boss from Metroid Fusion (I think so, it's attack patterns resemble that of said boss)...

You would be correct about that, was nice to see.

On a similar note I'm down to 13 metroids left I'll probably finish the game this weekend. I've been pacing myself with it after I realised when it arrived that I could have easily finished it in a day if I sat down and just ploughed through.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:54 am

I found some old PS2 games today including 2 Sonic Collections. One has the classic games the other has mostly weird spin offs such as Sonic Fighters and Sonic R.

Decided to play through the Sonic Fighters tournament for old times sake, and unlike my child self I was able to beat it (playing as Espio). I actually kinda had fun too.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Finished Prime 3 today. 313 is actually kind of difficult, I died a few times to it which was quite welcome as I found a lot of the late game to be kind of easy.
So having played through all three games, I would probably rank the trilogy as follows
1=3>2

Echoes would have been the best one if the Dark World didn't force me to wait around for so long to regen my health; it's really a shame because otherwise it has a lot going for it. Not saying the Dark World ruins the game, but it does make it a bit more tedious to play compared to the other two.

Went back to OG DOOM as well, game's still lit tbh but man is chapter 4 hard

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Nearing the end of Dishonored Death of the Outsider, cracking game.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:18 pm

Finished Red Steel. It was good, a bit glitchy, but enjoyable overall. I'm sure Red Steel 2 is better but I need to find a copy of that.

Started House of the Dead Overkill immediately though, loving the 70's Grindhouse horror vibe :lol:

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Ape

Post by Ape » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Played more Samus Returns, finally found the last two Metroids in Area 2 and now on to Area 3. Got the third Aeon ability, some upgrade to beam firing that actually serves a purpose in the overworld. Finally an Aeon ability that I don't think cheapens the game and feels like a proper upgrade. Not that the Lightning Shield wasn't required of course but that could be abused to make the game too easy without control.

Also played the FIFA 18 demo... or at least tried to play it. But in control of Bayern Munich against Japanese side Vissel Kobe, this happened:
I did equalise through Thomas Muller later on but never managed to find a winning goal and drew 1-1.

Finally, playing F1 2017 right now and just done the second practise programme in China. As my first Codemasters game I really like these, gives you something to aim for rather that just setting practise times like in F1 06 on PS2. Managed to enter the pit the right way round this time too as opposed to FP1 where I span out and got disqualified as a result

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:19 pm

In my experience the damage most of the enemies do later on in the game is 100% based on the fact that the lightning shield exists.

Not to say that I like the lightning shield much, but I don't feel like it makes the game way too easy or anything.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Spilskinanka
Steam ID: Spilskinanka

Post by Spilskinanka » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:32 am

im playing metroid prime and metroid zero mission

they're both really good why didn't i play this series sooner tbh
WeAreHarbinger: who cates aobut jnvidoe ngmajesj

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:44 am

I've still got around half of Echoes to play and then corruption. I only recently played the first Prime game and it was a fantastic experience, as I've played 2 before on the GC I'm kind of tempted to skip the rest of it and move onto corruption as I haven't played that one before.

Zero Mission was my first Metroid game and I loved it, I do mean to get Samus Returns at some point, I'll probably pick it up when I get around to completing Mario and Rabbids, which I still haven't even started the 4th world on yet.

Anyway I'm still currently playing Pokémon Gold, just got the Ecruteak City, current team is Bayleef (level 23), Noctowl (level 23 and unfortunately I didn't find a shiny, did look for a short while but I gave up), Flaaffy (level 23) and my newest addition, Miltank. I've never used Miltank before in a run through and considering it gave me a little grief when I first played Gold years back in the hands of Whitney I thought I'd finally give it a go and it seems decent enough, only level 15 so plenty of time to go yet.

This probably means my regular team is complete, I'll undoubtedly need a couple of HM slaves so they may as well fill the last two spots.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:39 am

Just finished 'Metroid Prime', great game. I think I prefer 3 to be honest, but it's very close and could change easily as I haven't played 3 in a while. Like all other Metroid games the atmosphere is just perfect, I look forward to trying Echoes at some point before 4.
Will return to Samus Returns (heh) now, reached a dead end but I'm determined not to use a walkthrough. Maybe the aeon ability if I get desperate.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:08 pm

replaying doom lol

Ape

Post by Ape » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Seems like everyone's playing Metroid games these days even if they aren't necessarily the new one.

Finished Area 3 in Samus Returns, I like how the music in the area was a remix of one of the original Metroid 2 tunes made to sound more atmospheric. Game strikes a good balance between atmospheric music and recogniseable tunes which I don't think the games have done since Prime 3. Also saw a cutscene which I suspect may forshadow a future boss battle, although I didn't have to face it in that area like I was expecting to. Probably would have been a bit much on top of all the Gamma Metroids in the area.

They seem to be slowing down on the powerups too. Got the Grapple Beam which turned out to be the only other upgrade alongside the Aeon ability and now in Area 4 where there is only one Metroid.

Something I have noticed is that if you look at a Map of the original Metroid II, the layouts and powerup locations here are pretty similar to the original, just that the gra[hics make the areas unrecognisable from the original. A similar thing to what AM2R did, it'll be interesting to compare the full maps of Metroid II, AM2R and Samus Returns after I finish SR.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Completed Dishonoured DotO last night, really enjoyable and decent length for £15 (took me 8 and a half hours), gonna play through it again in original game plus mode to see what the game is like with Dishonoured 2 powers. I look forward to see what Arkane has up their sleeves for the third game.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:01 pm

danganronpa v3, did the first case
what the fuck

Ape

Post by Ape » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:46 pm

More Metroid: Samus Returns. Turns out ARea 4 was a lot longer than it appeared and included an interesting surprise...

This thing appeared again from Area 3 and eventually began a boss battle chase. It was pretty intense but got the Space Jump from it.

Also encountered my first Zeta Metroid. Took a few goes to beat it, though the Beam Aeion Ability is proving to be my most powerful weapon so far.
Got a ton of new powerups today including Spazer Beam, Space Jump and Super Missiles. I think I'm about half, or more than halfway through the game now as these are the kind of mid to late game powerups that you get but on the other hand the Space Jump seems very early on in this game. Don't remember where it was in Metroid II though.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:58 am

Completed Samus Returns.

Overall quite impressed with the game, it has some parts that aren't very fun (autoscroller) and to be honest the boss design leaves quite a lot to be desired.
I don't think Aeion was a very good addition to the game in the end serving mostly to make the balancing of enemy damage feel odd and introduce some boring environment puzzles.
Countering is ok and a nice change to the normal combat of jump + shoot however it was far too overused. Not every enemy in the game required a counter to feature in its combat.

Really enjoyed the implementation of the last upgrade although the last two boss fights were a bit on the boring side.

Level design after the space jump went out the gooseberry fool window which sucked as well.

Disappointed to find out that the Fusion mode is amiibo exclusive, perhaps I'll get one after I beat the game in sub 4 hours.
lol jk can't buy amiibos for eton mess cause scalpers are the scum of the earth and nintendo don't make enough
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:19 am

Still playing through Pokémon Gold, currently in Cianwood ready to take on the gym. Got my two HM slaves on hand as well (a Gyarados and a Paras, leaving just Fly which will go to Noctowl) meaning I'm set for the rest of the game. Surprised how good Miltank is, stomp deals very good damage. Taught it ice punch as well for a bit more coverage even though its special attack is pretty meh.