Currently playing

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Re: Currently playing

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:45 am

So I finally started The Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild on the Switch last night, a full 3 hour (ish) charge certainly flew by, honestly the one game so far that makes me think I should finally set up my dock so I'm not constrained by the battery life. Does leaving your Switch docked all the time have any negative effects on the console? I'd guess it's still a good idea to play it portable every now and then to discharge the battery to try and keep it in good health?

Anyway starting it all again just makes me realise just how fantastic Breath of The Wild is, time just flies by while playing and the sense of exploration is superb. One thing I'm definitely going to try and do more is get more Korok seeds. It's not like I ran out in the Wii U version (as past a point expansions to the weapon, bow and shield slots didn't make much difference) but more would always be nice.

Super Mario Odyssey is going to have to be one hell of a game to challenge Breath of The Wild to be my game of the year, it'll probably end up being a draw as I won't be able to choose.....

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Have been busy taking out the trash with some extra help today...

ImageImage

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Did the Japanese Grand Prix tonight, qualified last due to an engine change and finished 4th. Was a fun first stint moving up through the field. 4 races to go of my first season now, still made 0 upgrades and while I have fallen back from the top 3 I'm still just ahead of the chasing pack (after the patch moved me up that is) and I'm going to spend all of my points on the efficiency upgrades at the end of season one.

Anyway, more Zelda now till I fall asleep :)

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Yeah, 3D World is a solid overall game with great music and great level design. But I feel that gradually since Galaxy the 3D games have been getting linear and linear so it's great that Mario Odyssey is going back to the 64/Sunshine style.

Anyway, I will be picking up Mario Odyssey later on this month (only just over a week to go, that's crazy) but in the meantime I still need to finish Metroid: Samus Returns. Currently in Area 7 with just 3 Metroids to go and if I remember correctly from the original game they are all Omega Metroids so that's going to be fun. They still take me a while to beat mainly because when the weak point gets exposed I've gone gung ho and stopped with whatever tactics I was using in order to do as much damage to them as possible before they recover their weak spot again. By the way, the music in this area is amazing...

Also on FIFA 18 I'm still top in career mode and the next game is a massive local derby in the cup. Should be a good game. I also decided to go online, with disastrous consequences, everyone thrashed me while I was playing with Barcelona and I lost 3-0 or 4-0 at least three times. However there was one amusing game where I started passing the ball around between my backline and my opponent just straight up ragequit. Two dodgy connections/ragequits resulted in me being just 3 points from promotion but given how I actually played I may need to rethink the way I play this game so that I can win on higher difficulties.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:40 pm

USA Grand Prix this evening, finished 5th after starting 11th, hate this track on the game as I can never get into a nice rythem round it.

Put another hour into Zelda as well, just about finished the Great Plateau, just going to look for a couple more Korok seeds (currently on 12) before leaving.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Got Shadow of War and it's really good nice to see they haven't changed too much to the gameplay.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

D.J

Post by D.J » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:19 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:25 pm
Got Shadow of War and it's really good nice to see they haven't changed too much to the gameplay.
I particularly like how they've expanded things such as having a larger game world and more varied enemies.

As i've progressed i'm coming across more and more new and interesting stuff.
ImageImage

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:24 pm

please do not support these awful companies

Ploiper
NNID: ploiper
PSN ID: ploiper

Post by Ploiper » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:04 am

just finished south park the fractured but whole, just one more trophy left to get, wonderful game, wonderful wonderful game. now shall start another play through of stick of truth.
EAT DIRT VILE SIG OF DOOM, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:38 pm

I have been playing southpark as well , unfortunately I have been busy so only about 3 hours in but really enjoying it

Ape

Post by Ape » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Just completed Metroid: Samus Returns. And by that I mean I got 100% of the items. Last portion of the game thoughts below.
Found out by pure experimentation that the Omega Metroids can have their bellies uncovered by using Power Bombs, made the fights significantly easier and helped clean out the remaining Omega Metroids to the point where there was only one Metroid left, the Queen Metroid...

The most I remember from my playthrough of the original Metroid II on 3DS Virtual Console was the ending portion and I began to feel right at home with how this all looked, from the part where you get a sneak preview of "the baby"

...to the revelation of the existence of more Metroids than just one left...

...the boss battle against the Queen Metroid...

and finally the moment when Samus finds the last Metroid.

But as it turns out, that isn't even the end of the game and the Queen Metroid wasn't even the final boss.

I feel a bit disappointed to get spoiled on this, but it turns out that...

...Ridley is the final boss. And both him and the Queen Metroid took so many attempts to take down, I think the Lightning Shield is something that you are meant to use in the Ridley fight because you don't get any health recovery but you do get Aeion recovery. The whole fight was really good though, probably the best Ridley fight in the series.
Overall, a really solid game that starts off really hard but does get a bit easier. The cool thing about it though is that there's so much hidden depth to it all with what you can do with your items, like how the Power Bombs have an added function that is so cool when you pull it off. I also like the ending cutscene which ties into future games. Overall I think Mercury Steam did a good job and did exactly what they needed to in order to bring Metroid back to being good again, hopefully they get a chance to make an original game in the future. Just maybe tone down the use of the Melee counter.

Completed this game with 6 days until Mario Odyssey comes out. Until then I will be playing FIFA 18 and F1 2017.

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:27 pm

About 40% through on Samus Returns, the last few Metroids Iv'e encountered have gone down easy with the super missiles (of which I have 9 so far) but backtracking through regular enemies can still sometimes be monotonous.

Also pumping hour upon hour into Uncharted multiplayer because it's always been my go-to stomping ground, although I am going to be playing Everybody's Gone to The Rapture this week too.

Will have to wait a bit longer for Mario Odyssey but will briefly return to Mario Maker leading up to it.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

D.J

Post by D.J » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Kappa wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:24 pm
please do not support these awful companies
Wait, what?
ImageImage

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:06 pm

attempting to profiteer off of a dead employee, locking endgame behind a big wall of grind to promote mtx, having the mtx store orc be v reminiscent of a jewish caricature until just before release too. that's just for shadow of war. outside of that game, they happily releases broken pc ports and doesn't fix them for many months

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Yubel wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:27 pm
although I am going to be playing Everybody's Gone to The Rapture this week too.
I'd be quite interested to hear what you think. I absolutely love that game such fond memories and I'm not particularly a big drug user but it was lovely playing whilst high - it at least doubled my enjoyment.

@Kerr I picked up the new South Park game too. Very cool you get stick of truth for free too as I never played it before.
"soylent green is people"

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:34 am

As I didn't have much free time yesterday I opted to begin my journey through Kanto last night, I did the Vermilion gym and I'm currently about halfway through the Saffron gym. My team is still the same, I'd forgotten how poor the level progress is for the trainers you battle, not encountered one higher than Lance's Dragonite yet (unless Sabrina has a 50+ Pokémon).

Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to get a couple of hours in this afternoon/early evening. It'll either be Zelda (still not left the Great Plataeu) or F1 2017 (where I'm now up to the Mexican Grand Prix). With there being an F1 race on this evening I'm kind of feeling F1 2017.

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:32 am

Cruizer wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:12 pm
Yubel wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:27 pm
although I am going to be playing Everybody's Gone to The Rapture this week too.
I'd be quite interested to hear what you think. I absolutely love that game such fond memories and I'm not particularly a big drug user but it was lovely playing whilst high - it at least doubled my enjoyment.
Been playing for a good hour now and so far I'm finding it kinda creepy to be honest. Very eerie indeed.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

D.J

Post by D.J » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Kappa wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:06 pm
attempting to profiteer off of a dead employee, locking endgame behind a big wall of grind to promote mtx, having the mtx store orc be v reminiscent of a jewish caricature until just before release too. that's just for shadow of war.
I heard a little bit of controversy on metro about the game having loot boxes (some of which can actually be purchased by collecting currency during the game without having to use real world cash), but other than that, i have no idea what is going on here.
ImageImage

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:32 pm

Reminder that we live in a world where a game that contains single player microtransactions will still likely become a best seller
D.J wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:47 pm
Kappa wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:06 pm
attempting to profiteer off of a dead employee, locking endgame behind a big wall of grind to promote mtx, having the mtx store orc be v reminiscent of a jewish caricature until just before release too. that's just for shadow of war.
I heard a little bit of controversy on metro about the game having loot boxes (some of which can actually be purchased by collecting currency during the game without having to use real world cash), but other than that, i have no idea what is going on here.
speaking on the grinding; they've essentially made part of the gameplay experience worse deliberately in order to encourage players to spend real money on fake eton mess

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

D.J

Post by D.J » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:49 pm

Here be my first attempt at town building on Cities Skylines...

ImageImage

Ape

Post by Ape » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:26 pm

Made some decent progress in FIFA 18 Career Mode after progressing in the cup in a big derby match against Oxford United. Tried to change my playing style recently after getting mugged online and also been doing the skill games in an attempt to get more of a handle on certain aspects, but when put into practise in Professional difficulty I'm struggling so much.

Also played F1 2017 and finally did the Chinese Grand Prix race. Started on pole position, so how did I do? Well...
Pretty pleased with that, though Lewis Hamilton did have an engine failure while in the lead of the race so that was pretty dramatic (and lucky).

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:29 am

In my first season a lot of people had numerous mechanical failures, probably the main reason I came third overall as I finished every race in the points whereas quite a few of the drivers from the top 3 teams had failures quite often. Even the driver who won the championship (Bottas) had a couple of retirements and still won the WDC by about 100 points.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Going through the story mode of Fire Emblem Warriors and while the story isn't up too much, the gameplay is very fun and it does feel like a full on Fire Emblem war, yeah the roster is a bit too heavy on more recent entries the characters that are here are fun to play. Also like the ability to change between high framerate or better textures.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

D.J

Post by D.J » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:53 pm

Had an enjoyable time conquering a fortress today...

ImageImage

Ape

Post by Ape » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:47 pm

More F1 2017. Got to qualifying for the Bahrain Grand Prix and reached Q3... only for my gearbox to fail on the first corner.
Going to be lucky to salvage a point from this if I have to take a gearbox penalty. As a result I think I should be focusing all my upgrades on durability for this first season as my aggressive driving style is already taking it's toll on the gearbox.

That said it might be a while before I do the Bahrain Grand Prix itself because Super Mario Odyssey is out tomorrow and of course I'm intending to buy that Day 1.