[XB] Xbox General

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Re: [XB] Xbox General

Post by RichardUK » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:07 am

:evil: at 22:30 I thought I would have a few racers on forza horizon 3 until midnight, switched on my Xbox and it was yet another update, it took over a hour to download and install, after all that I put the game disc in and guess what, the game needed updating! So while I was waiting I thought I would play a match on FIFA 17 but that also needed a update! So from 1 hour and 30 minutes I could not play anything, sometimes I miss how simple gaming used to be and when games had to be finished before companies released therm
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

breezyskells
NNID: skells22
3DS Friend Code: 013017838731
PSN ID: skells22
Xbox Gamertag: breezyskells2

Post by breezyskells » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:56 pm

meanwhile i still waiting ofr MWR and IW to install on my xbxox as i got the game today and i tought i would be shooting virtula xbox one people by now, how long does this download take?
if adding please pm me from this forum

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:16 am

I am thinking about getting an Xbox One S, if I did how would I transfer my save data from my current Xbox One?

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:59 am

I got one and all your save data transfers with your gamertag, I am very happy :D

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Well, breaking news is Scalebound has been canceled and Microsoft have confirmed they don't want my money.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:48 pm

Me: Oh boy, can't wait to buy this new Platinum game on a shiny new Xbox One!
Paul Marketing: Don't worry little Metling, for you need not purchase our fine console to play this game. We are releasing it on PC, too!
Me: Gee whizz, Mr Microsoft. You sure did do me a solid on that!
Paul: Actually, we don't want your money AT ALL and have just cancelled the only MS game you're looking forward to! Please come again!

Oh well. Back to not giving a flying eton mess about MS.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:13 am

And now there are reports coming in of Scalebound trailers being pulled, kind of a weird angle for MS to take if it was "just a business decision". Seems like it might not be such an amicable break up or someone at MS is getting a little overzealous with this news.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:48 am

Looks like I'm finally going to be gifted the chance to play Project CARS, its on February/March games with gold. With how insanely excited I let myself get when I thought the game was still coming to the Wii U before being cancelled I actually wonder how it'll actually be when I play it and wonder if it'll meet or exceed my expectations of the game.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:50 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Looks like I'm finally going to be gifted the chance to play Project CARS, its on February/March games with gold. With how insanely excited I let myself get when I thought the game was still coming to the Wii U before being cancelled I actually wonder how it'll actually be when I play it and wonder if it'll meet or exceed my expectations of the game.
Sadly I think you will be massively disappointed, it was the game I was most excited about from when it was first announced, I got the game on launch after waiting for ages for it and I found it so dull and boring, for me it feels like there is something missing and its hard to say what it is, I just didn't find the game fun or felt like I wanted to keep playing it

But it may be rather less of a let down with it being free and not £40

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am

I'll be trying my hardest to go in with an open mind Richard, sure I've heard bad things about it but the good aspects of the game have far outweigh the bad so I'm pretty hopeful I'll find quite a lot to enjoy in it. There's just something I find addictive about a decent racing game, just nailing the perfect run is a great feeling :D

To be honest I wasn't ever going to buy it so getting to actually try it for free is a huge bonus as I still feel a slight annoyance from how SMD dealt with the whole Project CARS on Wii U situation.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:14 am

They have announced project cars 2 but it will not be released on the switch as they said it would not be possible

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:41 am

Yeah I was never expecting it to come to the Switch anyway once it was confirmed it was the hybrid handheld/home console a lot of people were thinking it'd be so the news isn't exactly surprising. There's an article below if you're interested at all where he briefly mentions the Wii U and Switch, essentially nothing is in development currently. (Wii U and Switch mentioned near the end)

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories ... bull-games

Project CARS 2 was announced quite a while ago anyway, middle to late 2015 if I remember correctly and it has a release date of September-ish this year, judging by the first one it could easily get pushed into 2018 though.

barrybarryk

Post by barrybarryk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Rumour has it the Scorpio console they're showing off tonight is actually a Windows 10 S PC, if that's the case this will be a dumpster fire akin to the Xbox One DRM bonanza, not to be missed.

I know when I think gaming focused PC I mean one that'll only play Microsoft store apps :lol:

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:21 am

I don't really understand all the specs (it was easier when it was in "bits" like the SNES 16 bit, PlayStation 32bit etc) but the Xbox One X sounds impressive, looks like I will be getting a third Xbox One!

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:29 pm

New dashboard update hit today, and WHY DID YOU GET RID OF THE QUICK RECORD STUFF? WHY MAKE IT MORE CONVOLUTED AND USER UN-FRIENDLY!
Home button, right bumper twice to even reach the record stuff is ridiculous when you think about it. Because then you need to actually navigate instead of simple button presses. Then again, the ability of full HD recording up to an hour with an external HDD attached might just make up for that.

EDIT: Okay, either I'm an idiot who didn't see them, or they were silently added during the day, but the quick record options are back, just in a different position on screen.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:22 am

Anyone getting a Xbox One X?

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 am

I have had my Xbox One X for a week now and I am extremely happy with it, I transfered and downloaded all the updates to a external hard drive from my S so I was able to play straight away in my X, it worked really well and saves a lot of time cutting out all those downloads from updates