Currently playing

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Re: Currently playing

Post by D.J » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:01 pm

fluffyKittan wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:12 pm
Why is DJ allowed to post videos about a brothel yet whenever anyone else posts a mans penis swinging about it gets removed? This is worse than the BBC and Saville.
The brothel did not feature any penis though. ;)

Meanwhile, back in ACLand, i found a chap who could defy gravity.

ImageImage

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:19 pm

I love how he stealth walks 10 feet off the ground.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:48 pm

Nearing the end of The Evil Within 2 and I'm really enjoying it much more than the first one. It has a better story, the semi-open world is full of secrets and is fun to explore and it's still has a load of brilliant deigned creatures.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

D.J

Post by D.J » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:02 pm

Spoiler'd this one as it came as a complete surprise to me. I will say this though, it's yet another reason for me to recommend this game.
ImageImage

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Finally loaded Mario Odyssey back up after spending many more hours in Skyrim (again.....), going to try my hardest to not try and 100% a kingdom on my first visit so I have something more to do once I've completed it rather than just getting he few moons you can't first time round. Just got 24 in the Wooded Kingdom, bringing my total to 99 altogether. Lake Kingdom next :)

Edit, found 21 moons in my first visit to the Lake Kingdom, now onto the Metro Kingdom. Total now at 120 out of a lot.

Need to load Yooka Laylee up as well, might explore the Lake Kingdom and then do just that.

Ash
NNID: Ash_Harrison1
PSN ID: Ash_Harrison1
Steam ID: FightAshFight

Post by Ash » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:53 pm
Finally loaded Mario Odyssey back up after spending many more hours in Skyrim (again.....), going to try my hardest to not try and 100% a kingdom on my first visit so I have something more to do once I've completed it rather than just getting he few moons you can't first time round. Just got 24 in the Wooded Kingdom, bringing my total to 99 altogether. Lake Kingdom next :)
It's literally impossible to do this anyway, don't worry.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:28 am

Robbo-92 wrote:

Need to load Yooka Laylee up as well, might explore the Lake Kingdom and then do just that.
What do you think of Yooka so far Robbo?
"soylent green is people"

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:05 am

Cruizer wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:28 am
Robbo-92 wrote:

What do you think of Yooka so far Robbo?
Barely had chance to play it! Did up until I got my first pagie send into the first world then I had to do something else and never got around to loading it back up, definitely plan on doing so this evening though. It seeks ok though, camera and controls don't seem perfect but I may have been spoilt coming straight from Odyssey to Yooka Laylee.
Ash wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:03 pm
Robbo-92 wrote:
It's literally impossible to do this anyway, don't worry.
Yeah I know that a few (or maybe a lot depending on the kingdom?) are locked till post game, probably spent too long in the Cascade and Sand/Desert Kingdom on my first visit though rather than going through the world once and then moving on once I've seen a lot of it end got a decent number of moons.

imbusydoctorwho

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Completed The Evil Within 2 and it was a fantastic sequel to the rather so-so original. Here's hoping they make another one as I enjoyed it more than Resident Evil 7.
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Made quite a lot of progress on Chrono Trigger. Spoilered as it has gotten to the really good parts of the game.
Went through the Ocean Palace (great music by the way) which was a tough dungeon and it resulted in my first Game Over in the entire playthrough.

Next time around was a bit better though, managed to toughen it out and survive the whole battle and it was much easier when there was just one of them left dishing out the damage rather than two. I then go into the next room and... enter into a battle with Lavos. I was thinking it's way too soon to be battling Lavos especially at Level 30, and sure enough he wipes out my entire party in one hit... but turns out that was a scripted battle that I was meant to lose. And then Crono dies... I wasn't honestly expecting that.

Fortunately since this is a time travel based game it looks like the next part of the plot is preventing his death. I did get Magus on my party though, said No to a fight because I wasn't properly prepared for a boss at the time and it turns out you need to do that for Magus to join your party.

So now having got the Crono doll I'm climbing the icy mountain in the future to place the doll there.

Current party is:

Magus Lv.44
Lucca Lv.44
Robo Lv.44

I gained quite a few levels by doing Robo's side mission which made him even more powerful. Will aim to do all the character based side missions before the game is over.
Also with Star Wars VIII out today I plan to continue LEGO Star Wars II today.

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:33 am

imbusydoctorwho wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 pm
Completed The Evil Within 2 and it was a fantastic sequel to the rather so-so original. Here's hoping they make another one as I enjoyed it more than Resident Evil 7.
I have never played 1 or 2 but I might get them, would you say I should play 1 first or just go straight to playing 2?

I did the final boss on Mario Odyssey, but I still have loads of moons to get and was surprised with what happened after, its impressive how much there is to do in the game
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

Ape

Post by Ape » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:46 pm

After 8 years of owning the game, I have finally finished LEGO Star Wars II.

I'm surprised it took me that long as with the collection of games I acquired when getting a PS2 this one was the most appealing to me at the time (even if the main game I was looking to get at the time was Final Fantasy VII).

Good timing too as I'm going to see The Last Jedi today.

imbusydoctorwho

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:09 pm

RichardUK wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:33 am
imbusydoctorwho wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 pm
I have never played 1 or 2 but I might get them, would you say I should play 1 first or just go straight to playing 2?
You could just jump straight into the second one as the story doesn't rely to much on prior knowledge of the previous game.

Completed Stick of Truth today and I had a lot of fun with the game, the rpg gameplay is very similar to the Mario and Luigi games and the music is top notch, look forward to playing more of Fractured Butwhole now.

D.J

Post by D.J » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:00 pm

My game clock is now over 60 hours.

There's been more strange goings on too...

ImageImage

Ape

Post by Ape » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Made it to the Black Omen in Chrono Trigger. Getting towards the end of the game now, my main party is currently around Level 50 and I have all the techs for them. Also acquired many of the best weapons and armour in the game and at my current level I feel I'm at least strong enough to give the Black Omen a good try, even if I'm not necessarily strong enough for the final boss.

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 pm

Needed a 4 player Tetris game for when I get together with friends so I got Puyo Puyo Tetris.

I found out I am not good at the Puyo half of the game.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:02 pm

I'm genuinely worried about playing it, but it's ok, my Urien game is better than I thought it would be
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Ape

Post by Ape » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Just finished Chrono Trigger. Party was Level 57-58 when I beat the game and the final boss really wasn't too much of a problem, I think I may have been vastly overlevelled for facing this final boss. Which is a shame because the spectacle of the final boss was really cool.

I can see why this game gets such high praise. Was a very enjoyable game overall although I may need some time to decide where it stands overall when ranking my favourite games. Circumstances may still leave FFVI as my personal favourite game of all time, but this was still a very good game which I'm glad I went out to get.

D.J

Post by D.J » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:33 pm

Completed the AC: Origins main story today, along with the side missions and discoveries, my game clock now stands at 68 hours.

Here's the view from the highest point in the game...

Oh and something fishy has been going on...

ImageImage

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:08 am

Bit of a long post so I spoilered it to save the scroll
I didnt think I'd ever see the day where I would be playing DOOM 2016 on a Nintendo, but that's exactly what I've was doing today/yesterday and oh man is it great. Asides from the obvious poorer technical performance (honestly it's not to the point where it particularly affects playability), it's still NuDOOM, meaning it's a blast to play.

Was splitting my time between it and Mario, and that game is incredible honestly. I've got from the Wooded Kingdom to the Lake Kingdom so far.
The overall feeling I get is that it's the culmination of every 3D Mario thus far, and marries together aspects of each wonderfully.

Before Christmas day I was playing Breath of the Wild as per usual, nearing the end game now, just a few ends I want to tie up first.

Also started Metroid Fusion in earnest, I didn't think I'd like it as much as I have, considering the linearity. Samus talking so much is...odd, but not anything like Other M so I don't care too much.

And lastly; I was playing No More Heroes 1, but I decided I needed a bit of a break from it after that gooseberry fool bus level. God, it's awful, and that's a damn shame because I was really liking the game otherwise (could do with less grinding tho ahaha).

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:57 am

I finally got chance to play DOOM when it launched in Switch in November and I loved it, didn't leave my Switch till I'd completed it! Sure it had the odd slowdown here and there but all in all it seemed like a great port. I wasn't planning on getting Wolfenstein 2 but after playing DOOM I'm tempted to pick it up as well when it comes out.

Anyway as for what I'm playing, Mario Odyssey! I think I'm nearing the end of game considering the Kingdom I've just arrived in and spent yesterday evening exploring but who knows, could venture somewhere else before defeating Bowser (sorry spoilers!) and unlocking all the post game stuff. Once I've bested Bowser though I'll be loading up Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Edit,
Oh my that ending section was amazing! Plus going back to the Mushroom Kingdom just shows how nostalgic I am about the Nintendo games from my youth! Although I kind of knew I'd be heading back at some point as I found a portrait leading to the Mushroom Kingdom in an earlier Kingdom. Think I'll spend a little time exploring here before cracking on with Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:12 pm

Vtheyoshi wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:08 am
Also started Metroid Fusion in earnest, I didn't think I'd like it as much as I have, considering the linearity. Samus talking so much is...odd, but not anything like Other M so I don't care too much.
Fusion contains the best scene/dialogue in the series. I wont spoil it for you but you'll probably know when you get there.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

imbusydoctorwho

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Been playing through AC Origins and it's certainly the best AC since black flag, the game looks astounding and I love how the game has a more RPG feel. And thank you Ubi for changing the combat, it feels rather similar to for honour.

Also given Agents of Mayhem a go and surprisingly it's really enjoyable, shame it flopped as it's a fun if slightly repetitive experience.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:55 pm

Only about 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Ape

Post by Ape » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Went back to Xenoblade 2 to continue playing. Overall I'm enjoying the game and I already like Tora a lot more than Tatsu in the last game.

I could try and continue my quest to save Nia but Tiger! Tiger! is so addictive. You could waste 100 hours simply on that game alone...

I do wish that some of the camera positions in cutscenes weren't so dubious though...