Currently playing

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Cruizer

Re: Currently playing

Post by Cruizer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Cruizer wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:53 pm
I'm playing through Journey because it was only a couple of quid on PS network. I'm upto the snowy bit. I like games like Inside and Everyone Gone to the Rapture, so Journey is definitely the sort of game I can get into.

I'm playing on PS4, but this is a PS3 game isn't it? Its one of the best looking games I've ever played.
Just Finished Journey. That was an incredible gaming experience! Just a beautiful - more of this please.
D.J wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:58 pm
Try Abzu too, it's very much like Journey so i'm sure you'd like it.
Thanks I'll look into it
"soylent green is people"

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Gone for a few good hours on Skyrim. I still don't fully understand the combat, but I'm getting through a fair bit of it now.

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:39 am

attack, walk back, walk forward, attack

if using ranged, pick the stun perk

now you know everything about skyrim combat

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:53 am

If you're playing in stealth knowing when you're able to 1 hit people with melee from behind is easier in third person in my experience.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:06 am

gooseberry fool, back to Journey, I just read the wikipedia page and the plot about fallen civilizations and everything was basically how I interpreted it. But the other robbed characters I could see were actual players playing on the PS Network (as opposed to just the game A.I)? Somehow missed that.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:12 am

I suppose having a load of potions also helps.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Is it your first time playing Skyrim? If so how are you finding it? What combat style are you going for?

I'm slowly getting through the post game content of USUM, as far as post game stuff goes it's quite a lot of fun and quite lengthy so far.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Well, I had it on X360, but hadn't played it beyond getting to Riverwood. Now I'm putting in the hours, I'm finding it fun. I don't exactly have a specific combat style, I just go with what I can. Currently getting battered on the Morrowind side-quests.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:15 am

Think the Dragonborn DLC is reccomended to be left till after the main quest has been finished, or you're a higher level as while I can't fully recall it I think the enemies are generally a higher level there than in Skyrim but I could be wrong. You can't really go wrong on the combat either, just wait till you find a style you particularly enjoy.

Pokémon bug has caught me hard anyway, back on Pokémon Gold now finishing off the Kanto gyms before heading to Mt Sliver to beat Red. While I should be playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 some more.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Finally got Arms at the weekend and the game is incredibly fun and enjoyable yeah there ins't a huge amount of content the fighting is very strategic and much more that punching mindlessly.

Also tried a bit of the Dragon Ball Fighter Z Beta and I did enjoy what I did play of it but sever issues meant I hardly got a chance to play it.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:54 pm

I'm level 12, and started just after finishing up A Blade In The Dark. I know I probably should return to the main quest, but I've already completed half of the main quests for Dragonborn.

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Reached Tantal in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Still on Chapter 6 and things are just getting more and more intense. Got to go to the end of the current Titan for a desperate plot event.

Team is currently

Zeke Lv.46
Nia Lv. 46
Tora Lv. 46

Zeke, aka The Zekenator is probably the best character in the game. All the scenes involving them are so good and their in battle quotes and after battle quotes are just as great. Oh, and they even say "I'm really feeling it" so there's that quota fulfilled.

I don't know what's going on, I thought this game would take me a year to finish and yet I'm already over halfway through it...

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:11 am

Cant recall what level I am in my recent Switch playthrough of Skyrim, think I'm high 30's to low 40's. I've not even visited High Hrothgar yet....... :D busy exploring Skyrim (again), doing the thieves guild, companion guild and I'll be starting the dark brotherhood shortly. Obviously this is complimented by random quests and the like, I normally do the main quest till I have the full Fus-Roh-Dah shout as its a great shout for getting out of trouble when fighting most enemies, just haven't his time.

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:17 am

Eeeeeeek!

ImageImage

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Completed the campaign for Battlefront II yesterday and thought it was actually pretty decent. Couldn't help but notice that several locations were essentially just re-purposed maps from the 2015 release, not that it really bothered me. Story was good too for what it was with the final act being my favourite to play through.

Now to start preparing for the multiplayer by doing what I can with what little customisation I have access to and just have a blast - which I think is inevitable no matter where on the ladder I end up.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:29 am

I have just finished call of duty modern warfare remastered, I didn't play the original so it was all new for me and I really enjoyed it, now I can focus on another game from by backlog
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

Ape

Post by Ape » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:46 am

On Chapter 7 of Xenoblade 2 right now. Story is taking a somewhat mysterious twist now and it does feel like a really key moment in the whole thing.

Still using the same party as before and managed to draw two Rare Blades from Common Core Crystals. Erm, OK then. Meanwhile, all my Rare crystals produced common blades...

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:07 am

Robbo-92 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:15 am
You can't really go wrong on the combat either, just wait till you find a style you particularly enjoy.
Allow me to cut out the middleman.

Stealth archer. That's what you'll end up as anyway.
das a peepo

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:56 am

Chocolate-Milk wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:07 am
Robbo-92 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:15 am
You can't really go wrong on the combat either, just wait till you find a style you particularly enjoy.
Allow me to cut out the middleman.

Stealth archer. That's what you'll end up as anyway.
Well yeah, part of the fun is getting to that realisation on your own though!

Stealh Archer is the best way though.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:05 am

Ape wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:46 am
On Chapter 7 of Xenoblade 2 right now.
I'm half tempted to try Xenoblade or Skyrimm. Zelda BotW might have been a bit of a gateway drug for me for open world rpg's. I was interested in Xenoblade, but the thought of a game taking 70+ hours to complete put me off (I've never associated game length with value for money, give me a game I WANT to play for 20 hours, not a game that has a 100 hours of filler).

I clocked over 70 hours on BotW before "Destroying Ganon" and loved it. As someone that immensely enjoyed BotW, would people recommend Skyrim or Xenoblade (if I'm going to start a long open world rpg, I would rather do it on the Switch, 'cause portable)?

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:44 pm

I'd say Skyrim is the better choice, as it offers that openness that BotW has. Of course, I haven't played Xenoblade 2, so I don't know how it compares.

Ape

Post by Ape » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Cruizer wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:05 am
Ape wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:46 am
On Chapter 7 of Xenoblade 2 right now.
I'm half tempted to try Xenoblade or Skyrimm. Zelda BotW might have been a bit of a gateway drug for me for open world rpg's. I was interested in Xenoblade, but the thought of a game taking 70+ hours to complete put me off (I've never associated game length with value for money, give me a game I WANT to play for 20 hours, not a game that has a 100 hours of filler).

I clocked over 70 hours on BotW before "Destroying Ganon" and loved it. As someone that immensely enjoyed BotW, would people recommend Skyrim or Xenoblade (if I'm going to start a long open world rpg, I would rather do it on the Switch, 'cause portable)?
A lot of content in Xenoblade 2 could be described as "padding" and it's a much more story driven game than Breath of the Wild. On top of this the "open worlds" are more akin to the first Xenoblade, so you basically have a succession of large maps that are really seperate from each other which you can explore to your leisure for the most part (unless they are crawling with really high level enemies). It's really a slow burner, takes quite a long time to get going but once it gets going it gets really good.

Also, the character designs are a bit too sexualised on the female side of things and the cameraman is a pervert. However, the actual characters are really likeable and I think the localisation did a great job at making these characters likeable people. The plot gets pretty crazy and good around the midway point of the game, I would say the only chapter I really didn't like was Chapter 4.

EDIT: I should probably mention that I haven't played Skyrim. Although given it's on Switch I will probably give it a try in the future. It depends on what I feel like playing at the time though as I still intend to get through Dark Souls.

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:10 pm

DarkRula wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:44 pm
I'd say Skyrim is the better choice, as it offers that openness that BotW has. Of course, I haven't played Xenoblade 2, so I don't know how it compares.
imo skyrim's a stepdown from botw in a lot of ways

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:23 pm

I'd say give Skyrim a go first, as in a sense its very similar to Zelda BoTW in that what you can see you can more or less visit from the get go after the first part of the story (although I'd recommend sticking with the story for a short while). The small amount of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I've played has been great but its not as open as Skyrim.

Obviously in a way Skyrim is not as good as BoTW, sword based combat is 100 times more engaging in BoTW than Skyrim, while exploring Skyrim is all well and good you miss the climbing mechanic of BoTW (well I do anyway!) as you have to jump side to side on a diagonal up (or weirdly on a horse) to traverse any hills that get to steep. Also the various caves do get a little samey, there's plenty of unique ones which are fun but the generic looking ones are the ones you'll spend more time in (although on my first playthrough I barely noticed this).

I adore Skyrim though so I'm probably more forgiving of its limitations than some people, couldn't recommend it enough!

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Still in the world of Assassins Creed Origins. My word, its stunning to look at. There's so much care and attention gone into it Ubi deserve a sh*t ton of credit for what they've created.

I'm now on the trail of the Crocodile which is my last of the second lot of four. I do have a feeling there's more after it based on the target screen. There's also side quests coming out of my ears that I'm having to ignore for now before I get lost off completely. So much still to do and that skill tree is impressive too. I feel like a real assassin when I manage to pull off some amazing work - stole an area treasure from right under the nose of a captain last night, he was sitting at his desk with a guard at the door. I snuck in, stole the treasure and left without them ever knowing I was there. I felt invincible!

Of course I went right back in and killed them for the XP.