Currently playing

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Re: Currently playing

Post by D.J » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 pm

George has a new TV!

ImageImage

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Having eventually finished up the story in AC Origins, I'm having some downtime with other pick up and play games (Mario Kart etc) before I dive into another game. I still have loads of side quests to do for AC, enough to keep me picking at it for quite some time I'd imagine.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Replaying Red Dead Redemption to get ready for RDR2.

I've ever done one play through of RDR back in 2015, but I've always thought of it as one of my favourite games of all time. It is just great, and I'm enjoying it as much as I remembered.

----------------

Excited for RDR 2, it looks just beautiful. The first one looked really good and nailed the gritty last days of the old West vibe - the open bits felt really vast but I never felt much incentive to explore or deviate from the proposed path. RDR2, from the trailer looks immersive in the same way as Zelda BOTW, with big open land masses where you encouraged to explore and to a degree find your own adventure - which would be cool.

We know very little about the sequel, but I get the feeling the main character might not be as likable. The first one nailed the characterisation of John, as very flawed - but also sympathetic and I enjoyed playing as him. I don't mind out-and-out ass holes like GTA 5 Trevor but I'm getting similar vibes of the kind of on-a-righteous-quest-so-is-justified-in-doing-horrendous-things vibe like I did from the main character in the first Watch dogs game (who I really didn't enjoy playing as at all) with this new guy - I hope I'm wrong. After replaying the opening sections of the first game I'm already probably looking forward to RDR2 more than I did Zelda and Mario Odyssey
"soylent green is people"

D.J

Post by D.J » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Finally getting into WWII Online now, though it is annoying when you get interrupted when trying to reload...

ImageImage

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Gone back to South Park TFBW, and I've just completed the strip club bit which was pretty hilarious.

Also gone back to CoD WW2 and I've finally started to get into the multiplayer and it's much much better than IW.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

D.J

Post by D.J » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:36 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:06 pm
Also gone back to CoD WW2 and I've finally started to get into the multiplayer and it's much much better than IW.
I could never really get into the Infinite Warfare multiplayer, i ended up playing Modern Warfare Remastered instead.

The WWII multiplayer though is a huge improvement, a much simpler and purer gaming experience.
ImageImage

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:36 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:43 am
I've not tried the Japanese VA yet so can't comment on which sounds better and which fits the game better. Think it's an optional download so I'd probably give the opening a listen in YouTube before downloading it.
Just a heads up but last I heard mentioned that the Jap Voice Pack doesn't have subtitles for a large number of the small conversations so it's a pretty eton mess solution.

Also recent games since it's been a while. Been playing DragonBall FighterZ and holy gooseberry fool what a fantastic fighting game that is. Visually stunning, sounds fantastic, feels great to control and it seems like the kind of thing that anyone can jump into and have fun with regardless of skill level. Not even going to recommend it because how the gooseberry fool do you not have it if you're in any way interested?

Also been playing FF XII: The Zodiac Age as my off game, it's still a solid FF game if not unremarkable. gooseberry fool Vaan's existence though.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:20 pm

Been pooling all my energy into Battlefront II multiplayer and yea, there are some lingering balancing issues, but I think since the start of the year this game has been on the up and I'm looking forward to seeing what we can get out of further updates.

Re-integration of micro-transactions aside (although I think there's a 50% chance it'll just be for cosmetics) I'm mostly hopeful.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:35 pm

JenovaPX wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:36 pm
Also recent games since it's been a while. Been playing DragonBall FighterZ and holy gooseberry fool what a fantastic fighting game that is. Visually stunning, sounds fantastic, feels great to control and it seems like the kind of thing that anyone can jump into and have fun with regardless of skill level. Not even going to recommend it because how the gooseberry fool do you not have it if you're in any way interested?
Being able to finally play a game where Yamcha is good is a dream

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:06 pm

Being able to finally play a game where I'm good is a dream.

I mean, I'm not. At all. I haven't won an online match once. But I feel good at it.
das a peepo

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:14 pm

Welp, guess the post in the thread up top wasn't my last post here after all.

Anyway, guys, Chapter 10 of Xenoblade 2 is amazing. Really enjoyed it overall and just continues the whole theme about this game getting better the longer it goes on. HOWEVER, I would say you will get a lot more out of it if you've beaten the first game. A few events later on in the game conspire to link the two games together storywise along with already sharing the same name. More info in the spoiler tag.
So, in the first game the world of the Bionis and the Mechonis was the result of a scientific experiment by a scientist named Klaus right? Well, this game expands and gives more info on it. Earth was under attack by alien robots at the time (because it's a Xeno game... of course) so this scientist guy named Klaus finds something called The Conduit and decides to try and use it to blow up the universe and create a new one. The result creates two parallel dimensions, the world of the Bionis and Mechonis in the first game is born this way but Klaus becomes trapped between dimensions, with all his negative attributes becoming Zanza in the first game and the rest of him becoming a regretful demigod called The Architect. In an attempt to make up for his actions and try and repair the world he destroyed (namely the city of Morytha) he created the Cloud Sea to cover up the Earth. Blades were born from the Cloud Sea and eventually became Ttians which gave birth to a new generation of humanity which replaced the previous generation which Klaus had wiped out.

Oh yeah, and Elysium turns out to be a wasteland. So much for it being the ultimate paradise. You also have to fight your companions in a really cool sequence. Then Malos takes over a giant mech and starts to try and destroy Earth, so he turns out to be the final boss. Makes sense really, he always seemed to be the more menacing and powerful villain throughout the entire series so him being the final boss makes sense. After phase one of the final boss the game plays a voice clip from the first game DIRECTLY taken from the end of that game's final boss which just so happens to be when The Architect is about to die.
I love just how much this game plays with your expectations. You might be able to predict some of the stuff that happens but I never really guessed the whole picture of what was really going on. Worth the 100 hours of playtime in the end even if it took a very long time to get to the really high standard of storytelling the first game had mostly the whole way through.

Party is now at Level 71 and I also managed to get KOS-MOS as a Rare Blade for Zeke

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:20 am

Garf wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:35 pm
JenovaPX wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:36 pm
Being able to finally play a game where Yamcha is good is a dream
Wolf Fang gooseberry fool Fist has never been so good. We also get a new contender for best girl in DBFZ so what isn't it delivering?

Literally every character is gooseberry fool great though and so well thought out, shame it will never beat Xenoverse as the best game with such a small roster though.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:35 pm

xenoverse drools dbfz rules

Ape

Post by Ape » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Watching the ending of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 right now. Found out during the course of the final battle that I had a Special that refilled everyone's HP so just spammed that and it made the fight significantly easier. Had been struggling beforehand and constantly dying at the halfway point.

Overall, I'd say this was a game worth playing. It had it's rocky moments here and there, my views on the character designs and the cameraman still stand and I'm not the biggest fan of Rex, but everything else was so good. It probably won't make my top 10 games of all time list but I wouldn't blame anyone who did put it in there. The second half of the game was an absolute treat and well worth the 100 hours I put into playing the game. The ending that I'm watching is pretty insane too.

I'll probably go back to Dark Souls next, but I've no shortage of games I want to play next and it's unlikely I'm going to beat anything before SONM closes, so I guess this is the last beaten game I can say for this thread.

No shortage of what to play next. I'm planning on buying A Hat In Time, but I also have Burnout 2, PoP Sands of Time, PoP Two Thrones, Golden Sun and Donkey Kong 64 as games I still need to beat. Given that I've played Chrono Trigger and Xenoblade 2 recently, going back to Golden Sun would make sense.

EDIT: My final party, Levels and Blades were as follows:
Zeke Lv.73 with Pandoria, KOS-MOS and Wulfric
Tora Lv. 73 with Poppi QT Pi, Poppi QT and Poppi Alpha
Nia Lv. 73 with Dromarch, Dahlia and Floren, I used an Overdrive Protocol to put Floren on Nia after originally getting her for Rex.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:51 pm

Tesco was selling Shadow of the Colossus early, so I've been playing this most of the weekend, and what a stunning game, much better than the Last Guardian.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:22 am

imbusydoctorwho wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:51 pm
Tesco was selling Shadow of the Colossus early, so I've been playing this most of the weekend, and what a stunning game, much better than the Last Guardian.
You mean, much better than the Last Guardian even though the Last Guardian is wonderful too, right?

Ape

Post by Ape » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:04 pm

SotC is a classic.

Went back to Dark Souls the other day and managed to make some progress. But still in the Undead Parish and having to try and get past this monster that fires lightning and apparently powers up all the enemies around me.

In case this is my final post on SONM, then either goodbye to you all or see you all on the other forum. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to join GRcade or not as I don't have a lot of free time and have been browsing N-Europe and TokuNation more than here, then again I may end up joining GRcade to continue talking to some of you.

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Remember, if you have Discord, there's an SONM server set up on there for those who want somewhere other than a forum to commune. And if you do join GRcade, at least you have somewhere to talk to those who haven't as well.