Currently playing

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Re: Currently playing

Post by Rik » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Just gone over the 100 hour mark on BotW, 106 shrines done and finished Tarrey Town so I guess all that's left is Hyrule Castle. I really want to do it all in one sitting though so idk when I'm going to get chance.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 pm

Rik wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:13 pm
Just gone over the 100 hour mark on BotW, 106 shrines done and finished Tarrey Town so I guess all that's left is Hyrule Castle. I really want to do it all in one sitting though so idk when I'm going to get chance.
How on earth did you get over 100 hours out of the game?
I've done all but 10 of the shrines, hyrule castle, tarrey etc and I only managed about 50 hours.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:59 pm

I put 102(3?) into it, 96 shines, good chunk of the side quests and the four divine beasts. I loved just meandering and exploring Hyrule so that probably took a chunk of time up.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Took me 140 hours for the main story, a decent amount of Sidequests, about 300 Korok seeds, and 104 shrines.

Prime's still a lot of fun, just got the Plasma beam. Getting Samus Returns tomorrow so I'll play then simultaneously.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Totally forgot it was tomorrow, forgot to order a copy.
Might have to make the trek into town.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Rik

Post by Rik » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:14 pm

Shio hime wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 pm
Rik wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:13 pm
I've done all but 10 of the shrines, hyrule castle, tarrey etc and I only managed about 50 hours.
I've spent a lot of time just wandering around messing about, most of the time I never set off with any particular destination in mind I just went and climbed loads of hills till I found something interesting to do. Pretty sure I'd done at least 15 hours before I even bothered going to Kakariko, even more before I went to Hateno. I just find it really easy to get distracted in exploring all the little nooks and crannies in the world. I'm equally surprised you managed to do so much in 50 hours tbh, evidently we just play in very different ways.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:21 pm

Seems that way, I would say I did relatively little stuff that I didn't think was necessary throughout my playthrough.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:20 pm

I am not playing Dragonball FighterZ, got a beta code email but the link is broken. Should be getting a new one tomorrow but RIP me for tonight I guess.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Didn't even know there was a beta to register for

rip me X2
das a peepo

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:38 am

Shio hime wrote:
lol

125+ hours here for all shrines + sidequests

Sounds like you absolutely raced it

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:53 am

Moving up the ranks on Prominence Poker - PS4

For some strange reason I decided to do a management career on Fifa 17 - PS3, but now my 2million shrewd striker purchase is worth 10 mill plus and smashing em in for fun :)

Will definitely have a look at whats left on Splatoon - Wii U in the next few days
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:02 am

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:38 am
Shio hime wrote:
lol

125+ hours here for all shrines + sidequests

Sounds like you absolutely raced it
Seems that way, my brother did the same in about 70-75 hours.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:10 pm

Shio hime wrote:
Currently raked up 150+ on mine and I still have a few shrine quests to do and some to find.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Major props to all of you tbh, you all got much more for your pennies than I did it would seem.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:06 pm

I honestly can't remember the last single player game I've raked up as many hours in. It's possible I've never been on with one game for so long in a single playthrough

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:13 pm

Zero Escape Dilemma and Samus Returns. Only a little way into both. I really liked Virtue's Last Resort so it was only a matter of time before I got ZED. Will get around to 999 too and hopefully not forgot too much of the story by then.

The cutscenes are kind of funny, with the way the models move along with the voices, but I've gotten used to them. The visuals are pretty otherwise. It's cool to see Sigma and Phi again but I honestly might not have recognised them if I wasn't told their names. I just thought, "that girl looks kind of like Phi but not quite".

Samus Returns is fun. The controls/movement is more fluid than I expected it would be. My biggest worry about the game was the mechanics but it's seeming decent enough in that regard. Have played through AM2R already and obviously they're both very different, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this game compares along the way. Meanwhile I gave up on the original a long time ago.

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Ryse yeah the Xbox one launch title.. I have surprisingly really been enjoying it despite it just being a hack and slasher really.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:05 pm

JenovaPX wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:20 pm
I am not playing Dragonball FighterZ, got a beta code email but the link is broken. Should be getting a new one tomorrow but RIP me for tonight I guess.
I now have my code, you can relax guys
Destiny is Destiny.

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:44 pm

been playing a decent chunk of botw, absolutely loving it
the game became a lot more fun for me after making a trip to hyrule castle and picking up a boat load of strong weapons, the early game weapon balancing is total aids. once you get playing with 25+ damage swords and 40+ claymores the game springs to life, sure it was super duper ez mode but that was only until the blood moon and there's not much in the way of armour loot since there's no humanoids to pilfer from (where the hell are darknuts??? seriously nintendo you make the most vibrant game in the series but no human opponents to spar against? jesus). i've beaten the zora dungeon and i'm in the gerudo one right now and i'm definitely enjoying the sequence they make you do to capture it. shrines i'm a bit split, some of them are pretty cool but then you find four tests of strength in a row and it makes you wonder why they just didn't cut the tests of strength and put their spirit orbs as quest rewards and ditto for the blessing shrines

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:57 pm

On the subject of Breath of the Wild, I sunk nearly 300 hours into it and for much the same reasons as most: exploration, locating shrines, climbing. All 120 shrines of course, most side-quests and around 350 korok seeds (even though I never intended on collecting them all) plus the Trials of the Sword all add up.

But I think what really sets my time in Hyrule apart from others is how long I spent idly by watching and listening, planning and scoping out what I wanted to feature in my coverage of the game.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Metroid is good again, guys.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:45 pm

The baby.
Destiny is Destiny.

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:52 pm

The baby.
Gotta get the baby.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

Rik

Post by Rik » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:54 pm

Finished BotW earlier, the fight through Hyrule Castle was great and the little touches like finding Rhoam's secret study were nice, although in the end it seemed a lot shorter than I thought it would be. Final boss also seemed a bit short, Calamity Ganon had a cool design and the fight itself was fun but it just wasn't long/hard enough, for a game this size you kind of expect a much heftier final challenge.
Guess it isn't helped by the Divine Beasts knocking half his health off from the outset but there isn't really a way round that without sacrificing the narrative. Dark Beast Ganon was also pretty cool but again expected there to be more to him. The ending I enjoyed, coupled with the memories it reinforced Zelda's development a lot. I can kind of see how it might lead into Ballad of the Champions too what with them going to tell Dorephan about Mipha, I'd guess Zelda will be the one who tells the "untold story" since she's the only one of the six champions who actually survived and kept her memories after Ganon returned.
Overall thoughts: absolutely fantastic game, it's been a long time since I've played a game from start to finish without ever getting bored of it or it starting to feel formulaic/samey, let alone one this big. The exploration aspect is sublime and something other open world games can stand to learn a lot from in that while the world is huge it never feels empty, there's plenty of things to get distracted by when you're travelling from A to B, whether that be shrines (the amount of times I went "okay, NOW I'm going to go find the next divine beast" only to have the sensor ping and pull me off course yet again), koroks or just wanting to see what the view is like from a particularly big hill (which usually ends up making you see something in the distance which in turn you'll want to go and check out). My only real gripe is that the Sheikah Slate abilities felt a bit underused; the mini-puzzle format of the shrines can be quite restrictive in that there are relatively few that use more than one of the abilities in solving them. But all in all this is one hell of a game and I reckon it'll be a long while before I play anything that can match the experience.
Kappa wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:44 pm
been playing a decent chunk of botw, absolutely loving it
the game became a lot more fun for me after making a trip to hyrule castle and picking up a boat load of strong weapons, the early game weapon balancing is total aids. once you get playing with 25+ damage swords and 40+ claymores the game springs to life, sure it was super duper ez mode but that was only until the blood moon and there's not much in the way of armour loot since there's no humanoids to pilfer from (where the hell are darknuts??? seriously nintendo you make the most vibrant game in the series but no human opponents to spar against? jesus). i've beaten the zora dungeon and i'm in the gerudo one right now and i'm definitely enjoying the sequence they make you do to capture it. shrines i'm a bit split, some of them are pretty cool but then you find four tests of strength in a row and it makes you wonder why they just didn't cut the tests of strength and put their spirit orbs as quest rewards and ditto for the blessing shrines
Tests of Strength have their uses, the guardians respawn every blood moon along with their weapons, which is very helpful once you have level 2 Ancient armour since the set bonus is +80% damage from ancient weapons, which when you stack with food bonuses can give you a ridiculous damage output. Blessing shrines I see your point but in fairness they're usually reached by solving an overworld puzzle so in a sense you just do the mini-dungeon outside of the mini-dungeon.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Re: Currently playin

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:36 pm

I was tempted by Metroid Samus Returns but in the end I didn't end up getting it. Reviews for it are good though, I'll probably get it at some point in the future if I find myself with nothing to play. Although all this Zelda talk really makes me want to jump back into my copy of Zelda (for the Switch this time though), I'll definitely complete all the side quests and shrines as I wanted to leave some other bits to be new alongside the DLC when I got around to playing it on my Switch.

Currently trying the Octopath Traveler demo, only just started it so all I can say so far is the 2D-HD graphics look great. I'll probably play it through with both characters (I presume it's not exactly long being a demo), first up is Primrose though. Prim definitely has an interesting backstory.