Currently playing

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Re: Currently playing

Post by D.J » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Have you ventured properly into the desert yet? Weird things can happen out there.
ImageImage

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:53 pm

I haven't just yet but I'm planning on it soon. That whole area of the map is still in darkness to me

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:06 pm

Thanks guys (on the previous page) I think I probably will try Skyrimm at some point.

I'd been interested in looking into other world rpg's similar to BotW if anyone has any other suggestions too.
Last edited by Cruizer on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"soylent green is people"

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:09 pm

Considering I had an almost eight hour marathon on it yesterday, you know it's got to be doing something good.

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:08 pm

Just started Chapter 8 of Xenoblade 2. If I had to criticise the story of this game so far, it would be that just about every major plot twist so far has been [insert character here] isn't human but is actually a Blade. Malos is an Aegis, Jin's a Blade, the other Torna guys are Flesh Eaters, Zeke is a "Blade Eater", even Nia is a Blade which was a pretty out there twist even if there were hints at it looking back. Also the end of Chapter 7 boss had a pretty sudden level jump for me so had to get back and farm bonus experience to get the team up to level 56 to be able to take him on.

Recent events make me a bit unsure as to what my future party composition will be, as the game has basically made Rex able to use every single blade in the game. Fair enough, he's the protagonist so he was obviously gets some priviledges but even so.

I also think Rex as a protagnist is very weak, generic and overdone. He's a young orphan who is very naive and idiotic and believes in "the power of friendship". The only thing that makes Rex different from any other Japanese protagnist that has EXACTLY the same kind of characteristics as Rex is his "salvager" background. Otherwise, you could put Rex's characteristics besides someone like Sora from Kingdom Hearts and struggle to tell the difference.

toffeeman30

Post by toffeeman30 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:40 pm

links awakening- gameboy

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Still playing The Sims 4, and i'm not the only one...

ImageImage

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:46 pm

Gone back to Street Fighter V as it's recently been updated with a load of new content, after nearly two years the game is finally complete.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:31 pm

DarkRula wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:09 pm
Considering I had an almost eight hour marathon on it yesterday, you know it's got to be doing something good.
It's far too easy to do this on games like Skyrim, just get hooked and before you know it hours have passed.

Anyway just about finished Pokémon Gold (already pre bought Crystal though, never played this version to the end, I started an online emulator a while back but it didn't feel right), just got 2 Kanto gyms to beat, grind until all my main Pokémon are level 60 ish and hopefully beat Red on my first attempt. With an Amphros I should be able to take a few hits from his Pikachu.

Ape

Post by Ape » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:31 pm

Taking a bit of a break from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to go back to trying to beat my PS2 catalogue. This time it's the turn of Burnout 2 to get a runout. I've actually nearly beaten the main game although that would probably be just the main Grand Prix aside from any of the additional stuff like the Faceoff. I managed to clear one of the Pursuit levels and unlocked a new car in the process. Currently tackling the 4th and I believe final Grand Prix but it's hard. I've already crashed out in the first race 6 times and there's still 5 more tracks to go having only finished in 3rd. May need to replay this whole thing to stand a chance of winning the title and beating the game...

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:06 am

I am playing Fifa 18, I have played loads of FUT but now I am focusing on getting the story mode finished, I'm on chapter 5
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Completed the Telltale Batman season 1 and I really enjoyed it, the Batman parts were ace and it was nice too see more of Bruce Wayne and the man he is behind the suit. And it was also had plenty of cool twists, might have to get the second series.

Also been trying a bit more of Ever Oasis and I've just completed the first temple and I'm really enjoying it. The game does feel like a nice mix of Monster Hunter and Animal Crossing and it's looks beautiful to boot, shame it came out so late in the 3DS lifespan as it'll probably be overlooked.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:41 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:40 pm
Also been trying a bit more of Ever Oasis
I am happy

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:52 am

imbusydoctorwho wrote:
Completed the Telltale Batman season 1
I am happy
"soylent green is people"

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:48 pm

Part way through the second dungeon of persona 5 and yusuke is a treasure

Ape

Post by Ape » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:03 pm

OK, as Chapter 8 of Xenoblade 2 has progressed and I got to explore the environment, I feel that this game is really starting to hit it's peak in terms of storyline now.
So, underneath the fantasy world turns out to be a human city. An actual human city which has been completely devastated and it's inhabitants turned into mutants. The Torna Titan has crash landed in it and you get to explore said Titan for a very brief moment and then Jin tells you that Titans are actually reformed Blades. The reason for the Titans dying out in the first place? The Pratorium is keeping all the core crystals in check to prevent new Titans from ever showing up. Who is Malos' driver? The Praetor. Malos is the Endbringer Aegis who wants to wipe out all of humanity and from what I can see now, his driver shares the same desire.

So in a very different way to the original game (doesn't quite have the same shock factor and impact as the first game's major twist did but the way it puts Jin in your party thanks to Rex's incredible idiocy that he even wants to be friends with his mortal enemy and slowly reveals that while Jin might have bad intentions (albeit done from a tragic backstory with his driver), he isn't the true villain as I suspected. The game picked a decent point to forshadow this but...

...it looks like the true villain and probable final boss is in fact the Praetor Amalthus. It appears that Amalthus wants to destroy the entire world and that is why he is letting the Titans die out. He's also seemingly a bit of a religious dictator and doesn't want anyone to turn away from the Praetorium (again, kind of underlining this whole anti-religoius stance the Xeno series has going on). I don't know anymore than this though, Indol has just become inaccessible for the rest of the game the last time I played.

Btw getting to play as Jin in that moment is cool, you can even Skip Travel back to previous areas with him and have him wonder around the previous areas threatening people... erm...

Oh yeah and the World Tree is in fact a mechanical sci-fi tower which just so happens to have vegetation growing around it. And you enter it in Chapter 8. The World Tree just so happens to be my current location.
Xenoblade 2 has a storyline which eventually takes a turn for compelling storytelling in line with the first game... it's just such a shame that the story takes so long to get to the really good stuff.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:42 pm

Just catching Lugia then I'm off to (hopefully) beat Red on my first attempt, then I guess I'll start a run of Crystal...... Instead of playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 like I should be :lol:

ZeroJones
NNID: Ballyzero

Post by ZeroJones » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:13 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:41 pm
imbusydoctorwho wrote:
Also been trying a bit more of Ever Oasis
I am happy
Me too. Lovely little game. Hoping for EO2 on the Switch with co-operative multiplayer. :D

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:23 pm

sonic and all-stars racing transformed. great game, though definitely a snaker's game

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:16 pm

XC2 was £30 on Argos' site, so I had it delivered today.

I've only dipped a toe in so far, but hoo boy, that voice acting. JP voice pack for me, thanks.
das a peepo

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:12 pm

Surely I'm not the only one who doesn't mind the English voice acting? Granted I'm not that far into the game as of yet but so far its decent (just about to start chapter 3 for reference).

Anyway Started Crystal, picked Cyndaquil as I very rarely opt for Cyndaquil. Going to pick up a Phanphy in the morning which will be called Dumbo and I've just picked up a Zubat, named Sir Swoop. Not nicknamed my Cyndaquil as I couldn't think of anything right now. Not sure who else to go for as of yet, will see what pops out of that egg.

Ape

Post by Ape » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:03 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:12 pm
Surely I'm not the only one who doesn't mind the English voice acting? Granted I'm not that far into the game as of yet but so far its decent (just about to start chapter 3 for reference).

Anyway Started Crystal, picked Cyndaquil as I very rarely opt for Cyndaquil. Going to pick up a Phanphy in the morning which will be called Dumbo and I've just picked up a Zubat, named Sir Swoop. Not nicknamed my Cyndaquil as I couldn't think of anything right now. Not sure who else to go for as of yet, will see what pops out of that egg.
I actually think the voice acting is half decent and the characters have a lot of personality to them. OK, you could argue that their personality is different from in the Japanese version but... I think the actors for the most part do a good job of portraying their characters. Also this is the only video game I can think of that has a Welsh voice actress as part of it's main cast so there is that.

Just finished chapter 8 and...
Amalthus has revealed himself to be a Master Driver like Rex and the true villain. He is apparently acting on order of the Architect but seems intent to wipe out everything. He can even control Mythra!

Sounds like things are turning up a notch as Chapter 9 begins...

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:56 am

I mean I'll give it a chance, but seeing a very typically designed, bug-eyed JRPG protagonist come out with that "Ee, by gum, ah could reet murder an 'ot pot" Yorkshire accent is incredibly jarring to me.
das a peepo

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:43 am

I've not tried the Japanese VA yet so can't comment on which sounds better and which fits the game better. Think it's an optional download so I'd probably give the opening a listen in YouTube before downloading it.

Anyway Phanphy is caught, just training them uo a few levels now as both Phanphy and Zubat were caught on level 2.

Ape

Post by Ape » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:28 pm

Chocolate-Milk wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:56 am
I mean I'll give it a chance, but seeing a very typically designed, bug-eyed JRPG protagonist come out with that "Ee, by gum, ah could reet murder an 'ot pot" Yorkshire accent is incredibly jarring to me.
That's fair enough, but one thing I will give the localisation credit for is that they've tried to make each titan's inhabitants feel unique by giving them different regional accents. At any rate, Rex is one of the weakest characters in the game imo, I dropped him from the party about halfway through and he's only ever come back into it for story related fights when needed. Otherwise I've stuck with my three favourites though you don't really get an option until Chapter 3 to use anyone other than who you're given.

The storyline does take quite a while to get going though, it does a lot of what X did by spending it's first half introducing all the world's concepts to you without too much exciting happening but then things get more and more intense as you go along.