Currently playing

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Re: Currently playing

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:22 pm

Was planning to spend the evening on Mario Odyssey, however my copy of Doom has arrived a day early and of course there's a huge patch to download with my pretty slow internet, nice 7.7 GB patch which has been downloading for just over an hour now. The reviews are looking pretty good for the Switch version so I'm looking forward to playing Doom as it seems generally well liked.

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:22 pm

I really should dedicate some time to playing CoD and Assassins Creed, but at the moment all i seem to be doing is building some rather neat unique structures...

ImageImage

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:32 pm

At Blackthorn on my Gold Nuzlocke, finally evolved my Eevee into an Espeon today. Team now is Ampharos, Espeon, Noctowl, Raticate, Kingler and Sandslash. Only main casualties so far were my Bayleef and a different Noctowl, although early on my Togepi killed itself by getting Explosion through Metronome.

Also had a big nostalgia trip yesterday with my flatmate when we realised War of the Monsters was on the playstation store, had a bit of fun messing around on it but it's not really aged very well, I remember it being a lot better than it actually is.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Doom, Doom is pretty good.

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Super Mario Odyssey still. Did an extensive amount in New Donk City before finally moving on to the Snow Kingdom. Did as much as I could there and gone back to the Cap Kingdom to get some of the Moons that have become available there so far.

I get the feeling that I'm about halfway through the game given that the structure seems to be two small worlds and two big worlds before a major Bowser fight. Given that the 3D Mario games usually have 3 major Bowser fights in the games I would anticipate that I'm starting to get into the latter stages of the game.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Currently on act 4 of Shadow of War and it honestly starting to feel like a f2p mobile tower defence game, as you're spending in game currency like mad. I detest the microtransactions in this game and I won't buy any.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

D.J

Post by D.J » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:19 pm

I reached stage 4, but haven't progressed any further, fortress defence is my least favourite aspect of the game anyways and so i have just kinda drifted across to Cities Skylines and AC: Origins.
ImageImage

Ape

Post by Ape » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:49 pm

Finished Mario Odyssey. Really good game, might be one of the best I've played but I find it harder to rank these games objectively the older I get as my views and habits on how I game have changed quite a bit as I get older. Still, Mario Odyssey seems like a game I'd like to try and 100% complete sometime, perhaps during next year when the onrush of games slows down a bit and I have more time to do stuff. I never 100% finished 3D World due to other games but maybe I'll do this one.

Overall a very solid game, one which made a lot of good changes for the series even if I think their replacement for the lives system was perhaps a bit too lenient. The final level in the game was fun and really cool in it's climax and I'm glad the last act before the credits wasn't something like Galaxy 2's second phase of the final boss. This was a really cool way to end the game and every minor nitpick I had with the game was answered in some form, to the point that there was even a boss that required four hits to beat rather than three. So when you can't really complain about a game that must mean it's a truly great game right?
Oh, and Peach's Castle is in the game in the same style as Super Mario 64, complete with Power Star shaped Power Moons, that is one of the coolest post game rewards in a Mario game I can remember. In fact this game is full of awesome Easter Eggs
I find it difficult for this game to top Final Fantasy VI being my favorite game of all time personally but maybe the post-game will help. It took a while for it to get addictive but that was probably down to my own circumstances, it wasn't until last weekend where I had some really big sessions with playing the game but I was certainly very involved by the end. I will say though, this game is better than Mario 64. Yeah, I'll say that.

Rocket League is out on Switch tomorrow so I'll be downloading that. I'm going to pass on Ultra Moon, I think I've had plenty of Moon action over the past two weeks with potentially more to come to make that worthwhile. Besides, I managed to pick up a game second hand that I've been really wanting to play for a long time but until this year never had the means to play it...

...some not very well known game called Dark Souls...

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:04 am

Just completed the campaign on Call of Duty WWII and now continuing with Wolfenstein II, I have loads of games I need to play so I am going to try and not buy anymore until next year
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:06 pm

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is still a great game to play, even in the face of all this outcry about microtransations and the feeling of forcing payments to be made. The imersion is as great as it ever was, and perhaps even better than the first now there's no random tokens floating around everywhere.

Ape

Post by Ape » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:43 pm

Bought Rocket League recently. Like it so far, keen to try it in local multiplayer sometime as I feel this could be a real hit as a local multiplayer game. Played it online and ended up against some rather experience players who proceeded to thrash my team 11-0 and 12-1. Although those defeats did help me learn how using aerial flips can influence the direction in how you hit the ball.

Really want the Samus Gunship and the Animus GP, but the latter is locked behind a loot crate and given the controversy about loot crates recently I'm not buying them in this game even if they are only cosmetics.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:47 pm

Depends on how the loot crates are handled. If there's credits or some form of money within the game you can buy them with, that's fair game. If it's only with real world money, then it's a no-go.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:35 pm

Well Skyrim and Pokémon Ultra Moon both turned up today. Intent on completeing at least Dooms campaign beofre starting on with Skyrim or Pokémon. Just as well I have the weekend off :)

So obviously I'm playing Doom, onto mission 9 out of 13 so hopefully I'll get it done tonight.

Ape

Post by Ape » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:21 am

Played a bit more of Super Mario Odyssey. Got a few more Moons in the Mushroom Kingdom including some using Yoshi.

Also had a couple of matches online in Rocket League on the same team as samus_killer. Managed to score a couple of decent goals straight from the kick off but otherwise my "chase the ball" tactics did leave the team a bit open on some occasions and I was a bit unhelpful at one point when I blocked my own teammates' shot on goal. Oh well, in frantic games that can happen. Also decided to buy the Batmobile, because it's the Batmobile (only two other cars in the game I'm interested in and one is unlocked by playing the game normally.)

Finally, I started Dark Souls. For a game that has a reputation for being so hard, so far it doesn't seem that unfair. The first boss is so far really brutal though.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:44 am

Well after playing on and off for the evening I've got Doom finished, last level took a lot longer than needed, last boss kept on glitching and not letting me kill it for good. Downloaded the patch for Skyrim as well, probably start Pokémon in the morning before I have to go to work in the afternoon though and then start Skyrim tomorrow evening when I get home.

Even though Skyrim is 6 years old and I've played hundreds of hours on Skyrim, I still can't wait to play it on the Switch.

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:30 am

Ape wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:21 am
Finally, I started Dark Souls. For a game that has a reputation for being so hard, so far it doesn't seem that unfair. The first boss is so far really brutal though.
Honestly a lot of that rep comes from the marketing and elitist 'git gud' dicks on the internet. I found it pretty tough in a few places, but I've never really felt that a death wasn't my own fault.
das a peepo

D.J

Post by D.J » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Really getting into Assassin's Creed now, the graphics in particular are gorgeous, and is the best looking game i've played this year.

ImageImage

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Pokémon Ultra Moon this morning, now just about to dive back into Skyrim for the umpteenth time!

D.J

Post by D.J » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:29 pm

Update 2.00 of Cities Skylines has introduced changeable weather!
ImageImage

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:34 pm

Chocolate-Milk wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:30 am
Ape wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:21 am
Honestly a lot of that rep comes from the marketing and elitist 'git gud' dicks on the internet. I found it pretty tough in a few places, but I've never really felt that a death wasn't my own fault.
To be honest I'd argue it's more the casual audience that gave it that reputation rather than the elitists, they just memed it. It's just a game that builds on the mindset of older games rather than modern games and that's about the extent of it. It's no harder than any other game that has you memorise patterns and react accordingly, everything has a tell and everything's manageable, only eton mess to deal with is unreliable means of crowd control and eton mess at choke points (Anor Londo sniper) and even then you just find what works and what doesn't. Unsurprisingly there's just a lot of people who don't go into games wanting to learn mechanics or how to deal with things and put it down because it's "too hard" in an age of hand holding or brute forcing things.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

ZeroJones
NNID: Ballyzero

Post by ZeroJones » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:21 am

For me right now it's all about the potentially slightly odd mixture of Layton's Mystery Journey and LA Noire. I want to finish up LMJ so that I can start on Ultra Moon (planning a Nuzlocke - I hope to be more successful than my Sun one, where I perished in the Ghost Challenge, appropriately enough. Literally just started LA Noire.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Played around 7 hours of Skyrim and around 10 hours of Pokémon over the weekend, I can't actually remember the last time I've had the free time to spend playing games in such big chunks and for a change its been really rather nice, lovely having no plans for the weekend. Might well put another hour into Skyrim before I turn in for the night, it's terribly addictive even after all this time.

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 am

I have stopped playing everything else and I am concentrating on L.A Noire, its a lit better than I expected and I am hooked, it reminds me of telltale games where its all about the story
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Also playing LA Noire and I'm really getting into it, the game kinda reminds me of a Phoenix Wright when you interview suspects which is no bad thing, and it's also nice to play an open world game that hasn't got a map full of icons filled with loads of collectables.

Also caved in and got Sonic Forces, and honestly I don't get the hate, yeah the story is rubbish and classic Sonic levels are a bit weak but I'm enjoying it, yeah the levels are short but least there is some replay ability. Seriously very decent game not as good as Colours but better than Lost World.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:51 pm

It's a decent Sonic game as far as Sonic games go. The control of characters is really the only thing I had a problem with, and I think most of the hate stems from the fact that people want so much more.