Currently playing

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Re: Currently playing

Post by D.J » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:42 pm

Still on Yooka-Laylee, and this little Banjo Kazooie reference was awesome.

ImageImage

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Really want to play Yooka-Laylee next but I'm holding out for the Switch version and they don't appear to be giving any indication as to when that particular version is going to be coming out, it didn't come out at the same time as every other version after all.

So, playing Fast RMX instead. Or trying to, but being bang average at it, won a few races but otherwise I've failed to win any of the cups since coming back to the game.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:26 pm

I'm holding out for the Switch version as well, hopefully we'll get some news soon or at E3 at the latest.

Anyway I've been playing Zelda after a few days away from it, just beat the second divine beast and reclaimed the Master Sword. Not sure which of the divine beasts to challenge next, I'm currently thinking South West one.

samus_killer
NNID: samus_killer
PSN ID: samus_killer
Xbox Gamertag: SamusKiller

Post by samus_killer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:47 pm

I'm curious to see how well the Switch version of Y-L runs, because the PS4 version has quite a few frame drops from time to time, so I can't imagine less powerful hardware would be too clever.

I'm also wondering if Playtonic will include anything unique for the Switch version. Being able to play as DK or another Nintendo character (like a skin swap for Yooka) would definitely make me double dip.

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:21 pm

Pikmin. It's very cool and pretty adorable. The last time I played it must have been 10+ years ago. Didn't make much progress on it back then but I'll make sure to complete it now. And then move onto the sequel.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Going through the PS4 remaster of Dream Drops Distance and it's a wonderful game and runs like a dream now at 60fps, thinking back the game was certainly pushing the 3DS to it's limits.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

toffeeman30

Post by toffeeman30 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:04 pm

nearly time for my 3 day gaming weekend. an rpg i feel, secret of mana or chrono trigger sounds good

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:23 pm

Still playing Yooka Laylee, and this pagie was an absolute nightmare to get, took literally dozens of attempts...

I'm also really struggling with the final boss battle, i don't know whether it's down to a sudden difficulty spike, or my own ineptitude with the controller, but i just can't seem to beat the sod.
ImageImage

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Kriken wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:21 pm
Pikmin. It's very cool and pretty adorable. The last time I played it must have been 10+ years ago. Didn't make much progress on it back then but I'll make sure to complete it now. And then move onto the sequel.
2 steps it up multiple levels and is the best out of all three games, look forward to it

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:09 am

I'm enjoying Pikmin 2 and on paper it does seem better, but I wouldn't say I enjoy it more than the original. The day limit in the original made it more compelling. I was constantly thinking of ways to do things better/faster because I was worried about not getting all the parts in time and having to restart.

In the past, I did think the day limit made the game objectively worse than the sequel, but now I realise failure or not getting all the parts isn't bad for the experience. The game is enjoyable and there's fun in doing more playthroughs to do better than last time. (Though I did get all the parts in my first playthrough and don't plan on trying it again any time soon).

It does mean though that I can enjoy casual exploration a bit more, and it seems there is a lot more to explore especially with the dungeon sections. So I'll see if this makes up for it by the end. Iirc I've paid off 40% of the debt so far.

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:37 pm

I got Zelda for the Switch like on friday last week or something
been playing it when i can, haven't done much but I've been taking my time exploring, and honestly I have never felt so utterly absorbed by a video game as I have by this one, I'm really loving it so far
In terms of progress I am on my way to Zora's Domain and to challenging the first divine beast
Trying not to use fast travel much as well, I feel like the game loses meaning, in a sense, when it's over used, it makes things just too easy and convenient

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

imbusydoctorwho

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Tue May 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Gone back to Dishonered 2 at the weekend considering I've still yet to complete it or get a decent way into and I'm pretty crap at it, kept my backside handed to me on the plate going for a total stealth play through so I'm going on a murder spree as Emily's new abilities are very fun.
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Tue May 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Hoping to finish the last chapter of Stella Glow before p5 gets here

50+ hours so surprisingly lengthy game with a lot more characters to play around with then I initially though. Its a pretty obscure title but defo recommend for anyone looking for more strategy jrpgs for their 3ds

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Thu May 04, 2017 11:26 pm

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Lego City Undercover and I also need to get back playing Zelda at some point
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

samus_killer

Post by samus_killer » Sat May 06, 2017 10:28 pm

I've been playing Mass Effect 3 on Wii U this past week because someone's got to, right?

To keep it short, I'm really enjoying the characters, the story and action, but I never realised how little RPG this game actually was. It's waaaay more action than I was expecting, which is fine, but I don't think the cover-based combat is really all that great. Don't get me wrong, it's by no means bad, but for a game that feels light on the RPG front, I expected the feel of the game to be a lot tighter. Because of this, I think Deus Ex Mankind Divided has way better combat and depth in its customisation than ME3, but ME definitely trumps it in everything else.

Anyway, I think I'm about halfway through the game now and really enjoying my time with it. I think my favourite two partners to have are Liara and Garrus.

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Sat May 06, 2017 11:15 pm

I'll concede only one thing to that trainwreck and that is the combat and multiplayer are good. Considering it's a few years older than Mankind Divided, it's fair it's not as deep

ME1 is much more of an RPG than 2 and 3, so if you haven't played it, it's worth a go just to see the series back when it wasn't being rushed

samus_killer

Post by samus_killer » Sun May 07, 2017 6:26 pm

I actually meant to say Human Revolution. Getting my Deus Exes mixed up. But yeah, I've heard that ME1 is way more RPGish, but I'm still enjoying 3, even if it can't decide if it wants to be a full on action game or not.

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Sun May 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Even the first ME's situational rpg elements were really downplayed to me. Once I was decently upgraded I was just blasting through everything without much strategy at all. Series is definitely a shooter first and foremost

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Sun May 07, 2017 9:47 pm

Soldier + infinite assault rifle skill carries you through

It's a shame they dropped a lot of the customization of the game, it's annoying having to re-equip all the ammo powers at the start of every fight instead of just using the stuff that murders Geth the whole time

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Playing some Nier and started route B. Quick question regarding that:

Now that I can play as 9S and hack open the chests and doors and such, is this my only chance to do them before it potentially cycles back to a 9S playthrough? Or can I just get through this route and pick them up some other time playing as 2B or whatever now that I've actually done a few of them?

Just to know how safe I am to progress.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

imbusydoctorwho

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Mon May 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Completed Dishonored 2 last night as Emily with high chaos as I killed anything with a pulse, now going through with Corvo and hopefully try and complete it with no kills. Very good game, shame the game flopped.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Finally got chance to put some meaningful time into BoTW this evening, making progress with the Gerudo beast, just off to reclaim some stolen goods.

GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

Post by GuitarHero » Tue May 09, 2017 2:19 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 2:00 pm
Completed Dishonored 2 last night as Emily with high chaos as I killed anything with a pulse, now going through with Corvo and hopefully try and complete it with no kills. Very good game, shame the game flopped.
Yeah, I've played it through multiple times now and had great fun. Was trying to get all achievements but missed one collectible so one short now. Will probably come back once I've had a rest from it, as there's only so much to do. Though glad it has a new game+, makes later high chaos playthroughs great fun.

Alx
Steam ID: enderblaze

Post by Alx » Wed May 10, 2017 11:48 am

I've been playing a lot of Stardew Valley, especially recently. It's a lot of fun! 100+ hours in probably classes this as me having a problem of some sort...
But I replayed through Life is Strange which still manages to break my heart, so I needed to sooth my sorrows with a beautiful doctor husband and overrun farm.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Wed May 10, 2017 2:34 pm

Started playing Shantae: Risky's Revenge again yesterday as a break from WoW.

I wish it had the depth that the side scrolling Metroid games have. Still, it's fun anyway.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.