Currently playing

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
beansontoast

Re: Currently playing

Post by beansontoast » Thu May 25, 2017 6:28 pm

I will admit Shidos palace was a pain in the ass. CORRIDOOR PUZZLES ABOUND

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Thu May 25, 2017 10:49 pm

Beat Missions 15 and 16 of Federation Force but used an auto revive mod to get past mission 14 in the end. Mission 16 was simple enough but I'm beginning to notice an increase in missions that can be failed by alternative means other than dying. Which makes sense, harder missions need extra difficulty parts but it would be nice to have a level where the only way to fail is for you to die within the next few missions.

EDIT: On Mission 19 now. The reveal in Mission 17 was a bit predictable and although it made for a tense atmosphere in the escape sequence the sequence wasn't hard at all, got back in loads of time.

ZeroJones
NNID: Ballyzero

Post by ZeroJones » Sat May 27, 2017 6:14 am

toffeeman30 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 12:55 pm
still tokyo mirage wii u. really good game this
Yes, a very fine game! I finished it myself last week and enjoyed pretty much all of it.

Having beaten it, I've gone back to The Wonderful 101. Progress is slow because I am not capable of the exacting standards that Platinum games demand. :oops:

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sat May 27, 2017 9:09 am

Has anyone played "Little Nightmares". I finished last night and thought it was pretty great, there's not many games that have given me such a sense of dread and angst. I'm just reading all the various fan theories and "ending explained" - which is quite fun as to be honest whilst I was navigating my way through I was obsorbed but wasn't really thinking too deeply about it - I was just kind of appreciating the creepy, atmospheric dream-like world - so as it was only about 3 hours long I'll probably have another play through.

I think there's a prequal comic coming out, which should explain the world. Definitely a very interesting title - probably one of my games of the year and would thoroughly recommend.
"soylent green is people"

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Mon May 29, 2017 11:46 am

Majora's Mask 3D. Cleared Snowhead. I appreciate it more than OoT3D as a remake, but have gotten bored of it. Probably moving onto Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia now.

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Mon May 29, 2017 4:05 pm

gravity rush 2 is a weird game
Bucket

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Mon May 29, 2017 7:34 pm

did you enjoy 5 hours of tutorial

Nofes

Post by Nofes » Mon May 29, 2017 11:09 pm

it didn't really feel that bad because the moment i got into a city i was too busy spending two hours collecting gravity crystals underneath every building ever

now that i have every power it's like a gooseberry fool addiction

i don't even need to progress the story, i'll just collect my glowing pink eton mess

the new powers make traversal feel so good, especially now that i can go FAST SLIDE into a straight up ROCKET JUMP and the rocket jump sends me flying into the sky and then i fall to the west, before normalising gravity and going back to jupiter so i can crash land on top of a building

good gooseberry fool game but same old weird pacing i come to expect from the series
Bucket

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue May 30, 2017 9:21 am

More Gravity Rush 2 appreciation makes me very happy. I was playing the game again quite recently thanks to the DLC and I just love the whole package.

Still need to go back to delve fully into the trench levels or whatever they are, I only tried it the once. Unfortunately it lacks the same appeal as the rest of the game.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:01 pm

Just finished Breath of The Wild, superb game that I'm very sad to have completed :(

Now what to play next, only a couple more games I'm really interested in playing before moving into the Switch, those are Metroid Prime Trilogy and Fire Emblem Fates, not really enjoying Earthbound enough to warrant finishing it, I mean it's alright but nothing amazing in my opinion.

Ape

Post by Ape » Tue May 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Prime Trilogy might last you a while considering we are talking three games here. If you've never played any of the Prime games before I would definitely play that one a bit more. Speaking of which...

...just finished Mission 20 in Metroid Prime Federation Force. The way the missions are coming one at a time now and the way the plot debriefs are happening suggests that this is pretty much the run to the end, so getting close to finishing all boxed games now.

I still have Donkey Kong 64, Golden Sun, LEGO Star Wars II, Burnout 2 and Fast RMX as games I need to finish and I've also got Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and Donkey Kong GBA to finish

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:50 pm

I played Echoes a long time ago, was ideally going to get around to playing 1 and then 3 but never did, just on the off chance we get a new Prime game (or even a new Metroid game really) I thought I may as well play through the trilogy, only been sat on my Wii U's HDD for a couple of years, watch it I'll play through the trilogy only for a remaster to be announced for the Switch :lol:

Edit, just starting Metroid Prime now....

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Tue May 30, 2017 5:21 pm

New side scroller Metroid pls
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:22 pm

I'd take either, currently just getting some of my abilities back on Tallon IV.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Tue May 30, 2017 6:48 pm

Prime just never had the atmosphere of Super Metroid or Metroid Fusion and the platforming wasn't as good.

Don't get me wrong the Prime series are all fantastic and probably the best 3D platformers ever made, but I think a return to the roots would be very very welcome.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Ape

Post by Ape » Tue May 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Fighting the final boss in Federation Force and boy was I in for a surprise with this one... I dread to think what the reaction of people who hated on this game before and after it came out would make of the identity of this game's final boss.

So, somehow Samus is being held hostage by the Space Pirates. A race she's been slaying for years...

...then the Space Pirates fire some amplification beam, makes Samus grow large and...

...it turns out Samus is the final boss of the game. What the actual? Have yet to start the fight so it might actually be a cool fight but right now my reaction to this is... did not see that coming.

Garf

Post by Garf » Tue May 30, 2017 7:06 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 9:21 am
More Gravity Rush 2 appreciation makes me very happy. I was playing the game again quite recently thanks to the DLC and I just love the whole package.

Still need to go back to delve fully into the trench levels or whatever they are, I only tried it the once. Unfortunately it lacks the same appeal as the rest of the game.
masked raven bonus boss though

I'd say the only downside of the movement ingame for GR2 is while Jupiter is the fastest for gravity falls and slide, god damn does sliding control like a greased piano

that chapter where you get Jupiter is rough as

Ape

Post by Ape » Tue May 30, 2017 8:20 pm

Finished Metroid Prime Federation Force. As contrived as the final boss was, I thought the idea could make for a cool fight... unfortunately they failed to deliver on that and the final boss wasn't even much of a challenge, they could have at least had Samus come out of Morph Ball mode instead of spending the entire fight in Morph Ball mode.

Still, as bad as the ending sequence was, the final fight was still better than Other M although that's easy to do really. The sequence was basically a lot of ideas that could have been different or interesting but were just poorly executed. I don't think the game as a whole that bad to be honest but it's quite telling that this game isn't listed on Next Level Games' official website and I kind of worry about the company's future since in the past Nintendo has usually shifted any blame they might have had on creative decisions on to the developers. It's a shame for Next Level who wanted to make a Metroid game, got the chance to make one and churned out one of the most controversial games in the entire Metroid franchise.

Speaking of controversial sci-fi games, since my 3DS' boxed library is now complete I might as well go to Mass Effect 3 to get the Wii U part covered.

Nofes

Post by Nofes » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:46 am

Garf wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 7:06 pm
OrangeRakoon wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 9:21 am

masked raven bonus boss though

I'd say the only downside of the movement ingame for GR2 is while Jupiter is the fastest for gravity falls and slide, god damn does sliding control like a greased piano

that chapter where you get Jupiter is rough as
I get intense pleasure from gooseberry fool around with movement options in the game. Final chapter was a bit gooseberry fool weird, and it felt like the developers basically straight up admitting that they were out of ideas with how it ended and I'm happier with it going that way.

All in all, good game. Will probably slowly attempt to platinum it while getting distracted by all the shiny treasure underneath the everything.
Bucket

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:01 pm

I think the ending was more just rushed than them being out of ideas, the way the game is split into three very distinct stories and blitzes through major plot progression very quickly suggests they could well have wanted to spread it across a trilogy, but practically they probably knew GR2 would be the last game (and I'm still happily surprised that 2 even exists).

There is a lot of weirdness to the ending for sure, I still need to go back and get my head around exactly what happened. I feel like after reading up immediately afterwards I had a good grasp on it, but it's for sure forgotten now.

Garf

Post by Garf » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:34 pm

My knowledge of what the hell happened after the 75% mark is spotty as hell
Kat was called Alua or something and was Queen of the settlement atop the pillar, Eto. For Some Reason time is faster the further up the pillar you go. She was welcoming to people fleeing the black hole that was moving its way up, but nobles didn't like that eton mess and attempted a coup, that ended up with her and Syd thrown off the building and landing in Hekesville. Cue GR1. Like 50 years before GR1 was the Boutoume incident too, where the schoolbus landed in the remains of the town that had emigrated up the pillar towards Eto. Also some Raven eton mess happened around this time, like she and Kat were split from the same being? I think? After GR1, the Ark they used to get up from Boutoume is due to be opened, then the Raven DLC happens, which is resolved by deleting the fact that that happened from existence by removing past Raven from existence. I think.

Then the prelude to GR2 happens, with Brahman's science experiments causing Kat, Syd and Raven to fall through Some eton mess to the flying boat town that moves to Jirga Para Lhao. Cue GR2 and Kat murdering like 1000 soldiers. Kali becomes a freaky ass boss. Kat heads back up to Eto after the black hole starts to reach Hekesville and becomes Queen again before slapping some little eton mess and jumping in a black hole to kill lucifer

raven steals the sewer house and kat probably survived
I really need to replay the second half again, I'm sure I wasn't paying full attention at parts

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:39 pm

Is anyone playing the Friday the 13th game? Looks really quite janky with a few bugs, but also looks quite fun.

Game Geek and Film Fan

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Ape

Post by Ape » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:46 pm

Completed Subsonic difficulty on Fast RMX. Helped by the game's requirements that you only need the podium to have considered to pass and a good thing too since winning in this game is really hard.

Credits started rolling after completing the final cup, Platinum. Not considering this game beaten just yet though, in Mario Kart I only consider the game finished after Mirror Mode is complete so I'll be moving on to the medium difficulty and trying to get the podiums on there.

May return to Mass Effect 3 sometime after that.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:54 am

Metroid Prime, not had chance to play it since the other day so still recollecting my powers from the chozo ruins, just got charge beam and I think bombs are up next.

samus_killer
NNID: samus_killer
PSN ID: samus_killer
Xbox Gamertag: SamusKiller

Post by samus_killer » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Where do I start with FIFA 17, holy eton mess.

What an absolutely terrible game. Basically, I've been playing 'The Journey', and oh my gooseberry fool I can't believe I never heard more people talk about how broken, how poorly written and how boring this mode really is. The writing and acting makes gooseberry fool Eastenders look like gooseberry fool Shakespeare. Anyone remember that Sky One TV show called Dream Team? It's like that, but ten times worse, because how they've shoe-horned these other players into your team, which look hilarious when they're sitting in the changing room next to the likes of Sanchez and Ozil. Nothing about this feels natural or earned.

The in-game player rating is so bad too. Sometimes a shot on target will raise your rating by 0.5, and then other times it'll lower it by 1.5. A header from a corner will also lower your score if it isn't a goal, so I just never go up for headers anymore. It's made even worse by how eton mess your team ai is. None of them make any runs or know how to stay onside. Heck, even the opponents are dumb as gooseberry fool too. Sometimes they're incredibly calm at the back, passing it around like they're gooseberry fool Andrea Pirlo and then other times, given the slightest bit of pressure and they'll hoof it for a throw in.

I haven't really liked FIFA in like a decade, but this could very well be one of the worst player football games in some time. The whole thing is just sooo slooooow. gooseberry fool FIFA.

Oh, and I guess I also played the Arms Test Punch too. It was fun, I enjoyed it. Especially when I switched to using the pro controller. All I hear is how bad a regular controller is in this game, but I find it so much better. I love using the more nimble characters and dashing around behind an opponent, then waiting for them to attack, so I can just throw them away. Because that's all this game is, really; find an opening, use a throw, rinse and repeat.