franchises that deserve sequels/reboots

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Zanreo

Re: franchises that deserve sequels/reboots

Post by Zanreo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:17 am

I'd love a new Wario Land game, love those games and it's been years already

A new Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan hell yes

More Katamari would always be good

and Klonoa dammit I want another game

I'd also love a new Parodius but that's the least likely one to happen since lol konami, it's not even in Pachislot Hell anymore
Image My webcomic, check it out

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:19 am

Zanreo wrote:and Klonoa dammit I want another game
How did I forget Klonoa

I would also like a new Klonoa. Or even just an HD remake of Lunatea's Veil, like we had Klonoa on the Wii

masa
NNID: nonoriri.k
3DS Friend Code: 1908-1215-2187
PSN ID: Cervanres
Xbox Gamertag: nonoriri k
Steam ID: masakisu

Post by masa » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:10 am

Klonoa 3 when????

Cmon konami be cool for once in the last 5 years

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:18 am

You mean Namco

masa
NNID: nonoriri.k
3DS Friend Code: 1908-1215-2187
PSN ID: Cervanres
Xbox Gamertag: nonoriri k
Steam ID: masakisu

Post by masa » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:19 am

Yes i do mean namco

Namco has always been cool what am i doing

I blame Kojima

Jezo
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Post by Jezo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:35 pm

Sin & Punishment 3. I mean, the first 2 were brilliant, there doesn't need to be a 3rd one, but gooseberry fool they're so good...

Viewtiful Joe 3. Now this needs to be made. You can't just end the second game on a cliffhanger man...
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing

Balladeer

Post by Balladeer » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:03 am

People have already mentioned F-Zero and TWEWY. I could pour out half a dozen (does anyone remember Meteos? I loved that game!), but here are three more:

A new Okami would work great on the Wii U. Combine the power of home consoles with the drawing techniques of the DS game.

The Mother 4 fangame looks nice, but it's not really the same, isn't it? The Mother 3 fanslation made me feel so much. More of the same would be grand.

Finally, Ghost Trick. We never did find out what those blue people were really up to, did we? Let Takumi reveal all, in point-and-click style. Brilliant brilliant game.
Member of the affiliated GNamer forum!

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:09 pm

Yes, Ghost Trick sequel needs to happen!!

If it did happen though, I would love to see some sort of Pheonix Wright and Professor Layton easter egg :lol:

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:15 pm

Pokemon TCG
Okami
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Colosseum
Trauma Center (PLEASE ATLUS)
Digimon World (Just a remake of the original fixing all of the weird glitches and translation errors, general cleanup that should have been done before it was first released, enhanced graphics.)
SPYRO. gooseberry fool Skylanders. Bring Spyro back to the glory days and remake or make more games similar to the original trilogy. At least games like Orang, Season of Ice, and Enter the Dragonfly stook true to the source material. Just look how they've butchered a once fantastic character and turned him into an ugly, vile, gremlin like creature.
Crash Bandicoot obviously.

Also not exactly a sequel/reboot but please SEGA can you translate Yakuza Isshin in a reasonable time period seeing as it's ALREADY OUT in Japan and we still don't have Yakuza 5 localised!

Jezo
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Post by Jezo » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:59 pm

Pokemon tcg did get a japanese onky sequel also on gameboy. And so did Colosseum. XD: Gale of Darkness?
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:05 pm

Yeah, there was a second TCG and I suppose TCGOnline is somewhat of a sequel or probably the closest we'll get. And XD:Gale of Darkness is a great game that I'd recommend if you missed it, that said both franchises are overdue another look
Scapegoat wrote:Digimon World (Just a remake of the original fixing all of the weird glitches and translation errors, general cleanup that should have been done before it was first released, enhanced graphics.)
There's Digimon World Re:Coded on the PSP (Jap only but English patches are available as of a couple of months ago) and Digimon World: Next Order was announced a couple of weeks ago for the Vita. Both reboots/remakes of the original Digimon World.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:10 pm

Scapegoat wrote:Digimon World (Just a remake of the original fixing all of the weird glitches and translation errors, general cleanup that should have been done before it was first released, enhanced graphics.)
You should check out Re:Digitize. It's more a re-imagining than a remake, but the basic mechanics are the same.

EDIT- Apparently it didn't want to tell me Jen beat me to it. Also, Decode is the 3DS port of Re:Digitize, with a longer story.
das a peepo

Balladeer

Post by Balladeer » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:16 pm

Just want to say that if you haven't played XD, you should. Its mechanics are necessarily dated because gen. 3, but for its time, it's the best Pokémon game I've played.
SupaWaluigi wrote:Yes, Ghost Trick sequel needs to happen!!

If it did happen though, I would love to see some sort of Pheonix Wright and Professor Layton easter egg :lol:
Takumi's involvement => PW Easter egg shouldn't be out of the question!

That said: I know this isn't a thread about crossovers, but I'd love to see PW x GT, in the same vein as PW x PL. They've got the spiritual crossover between Kurain and the ghost tricks, the writing and NPCs would be brilliant, and you could influence a chandelier to crash down in the middle of a trial! :mrgreen:

[/diversion]
Member of the affiliated GNamer forum!

WithLoveAndSqualor
NNID: KingDanana
3DS Friend Code: 2320-6489-5789
PSN ID: KingDanana
Xbox Gamertag: King Danana
Steam ID: King_Danana

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:59 pm

i'd love a new wario game in the style of shake dimension also, because that art style was gooseberry fool gorgeous and we need more of it. i'm guessing if we get another wario land anytime soon it'd probably be on the 3DS, but that's fine by me.

also okami; i bought the PS3 HD remaster having never played it on PS2/wii and it's amazing, i've only gotten around a quarter of the way into it but it's SO GOOD. i really should go back and finish it.

oh and we need another no more heroes game. they were gooseberry fool great.

Scapegoat wrote: SPYRO. gooseberry fool Skylanders. Bring Spyro back to the glory days and remake or make more games similar to the original trilogy. At least games like Orang, Season of Ice, and Enter the Dragonfly stook true to the source material. Just look how they've butchered a once fantastic character and turned him into an ugly, vile, gremlin like creature.
i think most people would love to see a return to a traditional spyro game, but i just can't see it happening anytime remotely soon; skylanders makes a gooseberry fool TONNE of money and they're kinda riding that wave along with disney infity and to a point, amiibo at the moment, it's kinda like the pokemon craze we all had in the late 90's for today's kids. i read an article on gamespot not too long ago regarding a spyro reboot, and insomniac said they'd be up for doing it at some point, so hopefully that might happen. spyro has gone the way of rayman and spawned a series that's ultimately become more popular than the character itself; rabbids was objectively eton mess but sold loads when everyone was mad for minigame compilations during the motion control hype, luckily ubi pulled rayman back to basics and made origins which was gooseberry fool fantastic. hopefully they'll do the same with spyro.
UNTOUCHABLE
HAIL TO THE KING/FM\ twit

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:01 pm

WithLoveAndSqualor wrote:oh and we need another no more heroes game. they were gooseberry fool great.
They were but honestly Suda got all he could out of it. I mean how much more can they really do with it that Suda hasn't put into his other games?
Destiny is Destiny.

WithLoveAndSqualor

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:07 pm

i guess, the universe was so good though and it was stylized as hell so yeah. lollipop chainsaw is, mechanically, equally as fun, but it just doesn't feel as good. chainsaws can't match laser swords.

oh and on the subject of suda; killer7 sequel pls.
UNTOUCHABLE

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:09 pm

I'd recommend Killer Is Dead if you haven't played it already, just more of the same old Suda goodness with a more standard hack and slash kind of system.
Destiny is Destiny.

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:15 pm

To elaborate, when I said Colosseum, I meant XD, but for some reason my tired brain typed Colosseum.
As for Re:Digitise, and Re:Coded, both are Japan exclusive's right? And as far as I'm aware, they have no intention of bringing either over to the US or Europe, as Digimon just doesn't sell well over here any more.

I also haven't heard about Next Order, but I'm already really hyped for it and we hardly know anything. Despite me being Digimon mad, a lot of news falls under my radar as not many sources tend to care. I also quit Reddit a while ago as I was becoming obsessed with it, so I wasn't able to see anything on there.

I really want to learn Japanese so that language barriers weren't an issue, I have all the motivation for it - Japan exclusive games and every volume of Gintama released after 23. Starting is really hard though, and I'm embarrassed to learn while people are in the house. Hopefully when school starts again and my mom and brother are both out of the house I can truly begin learning it. They've been in the house 24/7 since school broke up. I could use a tutor as I suck at self learning, but I don't have the money for that kind of thing.

As for Skylanders, the only reason Spyro is in it was because Activision needed something to hook in people when it first launched. Spyro isn't needed in Skylanders anymore, honestly, I'm sure most kids wouldn't care that much if they stopped creating models of him and focused on thier original characters. Naughty Dog have actually also said that they would be up for rebooting Crash if given the chance, so with both developers wanting to give their break out series some love, maybe a few years down the line we'll see it happen. One can dream right?

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:23 pm

Scapegoat wrote:As for Re:Digitise, and Re:Coded, both are Japan exclusive's right? And as far as I'm aware, they have no intention of bringing either over to the US or Europe, as Digimon just doesn't sell well over here any more.

I also haven't heard about Next Order, but I'm already really hyped for it and we hardly know anything. Despite me being Digimon mad, a lot of news falls under my radar as not many sources tend to care. I also quit Reddit a while ago as I was becoming obsessed with it, so I wasn't able to see anything on there.
Next Order reveal Makes for a great homage to the original

Yeah Re:Digitise and Re:Coded weren't released over here which is a shame despite the reasonably large number of requests made but of course there's always options with regards to that, especially with the ISO patch for English available. It's also pretty good news that Bandai Namco have noted the demand for Digimon in the West is still around and they are planning to at least release a few games over here in the future.
Destiny is Destiny.

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:32 pm

JenovaPX wrote:
Scapegoat wrote:As for Re:Digitise, and Re:Coded, both are Japan exclusive's right? And as far as I'm aware, they have no intention of bringing either over to the US or Europe, as Digimon just doesn't sell well over here any more.

Next Order reveal Makes for a great homage to the original

Yeah Re:Digitise and Re:Coded weren't released over here which is a shame despite the reasonably large number of requests made but of course there's always options with regards to that, especially with the ISO patch for English available. It's also pretty good news that Bandai Namco have noted the demand for Digimon in the West is still around and they are planning to at least release a few games over here in the future.
Woah!

I'm unbelievably hyped now thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please dear god localise this. If this doesn't get localised I swear I will learn Japanese. It'll be worth the effort to play this and Yakuza Isshin, which to be honest it would actually be faster to learn Japanese rather than wait 5 years for SEGA to translate it.

God that intro was almost perfect. I'd have loved it if they replicated the awesome fight between Metal Greymon and Metal Mamemon in the original intro.

WithLoveAndSqualor

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:47 pm

JenovaPX wrote:I'd recommend Killer Is Dead if you haven't played it already, just more of the same old Suda goodness with a more standard hack and slash kind of system.
gonna have to try it at some point, it's been on my radar for a while and looks good. really hoping we hear more about his PS4 title soon though, it's been pretty much dead in the water since E3 2014
UNTOUCHABLE

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Killer is Dead is notable for having a protagonist with the greatest name in the history of protagonist names.

He is also pretty much the exact opposite of Travis Touchdown

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:03 pm

Scapegoat wrote:Trauma Center (PLEASE ATLUS)
Considering we didn't get Trauma Team in europe, don't expect anything

gooseberry fool atlus

Fisher
NNID: fisher87
3DS Friend Code: 1263-9353-5749

Post by Fisher » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:16 pm

hoping Insomniac make new Spyro game's and hoping Naughty Dog make crash bandicoot game's.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

New 3DS XL FC is 1263-9353-5749 If you add me then please PM me

Zanreo

Post by Zanreo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:46 pm

Scapegoat wrote: Pokemon Snap
yes yes how did I forget this one

New pokemon snap please
Image My webcomic, check it out