Game music thread

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Re: Game music thread

Post by Scapegoat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:34 pm

The OP to Persona Q is fantastic as well:

Speaking of which, after you finish 4, go play Q. It's a great way to tie 3 and 4 together before 5 comes out.

Oh yeah, I'll drop this here as well, considering it's a classic:

Blaxel411
NNID: Black-wolf209
3DS Friend Code: 4811-7239-6713
Xbox Gamertag: Not on my life

Post by Blaxel411 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Ok, slowdown with all the numbers. Is this as complicated as Kingdom hearts? Because if it is, then I`ll try and play all of them, because KH makes no sense if you don`t play all of them.
Which reminds me. KH music. :shock:
I think we can all agree that i`m a great asset to the human race.

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Persona games don't really follow on from one another, so you can play them in any order. However, from what I've heard, Persona 1 and 2 are hard to get and haven't aged well, so be careful with those.

The games that do follow on from one another are:

Persona 1, Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Persona 3 and Persona 4 are kind of on their own, with slight callbacks to the previous game but nothing major. Then, Persona 4 Arena, a fighting game sequel to Persona 4, has characters from both 3 and 4, as well as major spoilers for 3 in its story mode. This fighting game got a sequel, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, which contains major spoilers for Persona 4 in it as well.

Finally, Persona Q is massive fanservice, so does depend a bit on knowing the characters from Persona 3 and 4.

TL;DR, Persona 3 and 4 can be played in either order, just that playing 3 first is suggested so that going back to a poorer battle system isn't as jarring.

If you like them, the mainline Shin Megami Tensei games are worth a play too

Speaking of SMT: