[PS] PlayStation General

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Re: [PS] PlayStation General

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:45 am

How is Bound Kaz? I've been away on holiday so haven't had a chance to get it yet - I'm very tempted but not sure if I should wait considering I'm still engrossed in No Man's Sky.

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:40 pm

I still need to get round to it. Turns out I'm a doofus and somehow switched settings on the monitor which is why it wasn't picking anything up. Got a well deserved roasting from my older brother who fixed it. Got my day off tomorrow which I'll be using to download and try Bound. The Nioh Beta is starting soon too so switching between them is going to be something.
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:03 pm

Seems like the PS4 Lite has more-or-less been confirmed, there's pics appearing all over net, it looks a bit cheap-ish but I suppose it's okay for budget gaming.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Yooka Laylee Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Resident Evil 7
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:31 pm

I personally think it looks fine. It's designed to be a cheaper console so I don't get why people are going out of their way with hating on it. I love that the new controller has a light on the touch pad now too.

EDIT:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/ ... 0000000000

INSIDE is now live on the PSN store. Glad we didn't have to wait as long as we did for Limbo. Pretty eager to try this out based on impressed I've read since it's release on X1.
Twitter

samus_killer
NNID: samus_killer
PSN ID: samus_killer
Xbox Gamertag: SamusKiller

Post by samus_killer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:41 am

If you liked Limbo then you'll love Inside. If you didn't particularly care for Limbo, then don't bother with Inside.

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:00 pm

I really liked the opening of Limbo and then I literally don't remember the rest of the game.

samus_killer
NNID: samus_killer
PSN ID: samus_killer
Xbox Gamertag: SamusKiller

Post by samus_killer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Inside is definitely better in that regard. It's basically the good half of Limbo, but like that throughout its 3 hours.

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:16 pm

I loved Limbo. I was so eager to play it that I borrowed my brothers 360 for a week. At the time it was a very unique experience that has still stuck with me to this day. That's part of the reason I'm really excited to try Inside.

Played through Bound in a single sitting. It's an incredibly visually striking game at times. You kind of just lose yourself while playing in some moments. I don't think it's for everyone tho.

Edit:
Jesus freakin' heck Inside. I'm a mixed bag of emotions right now after finishing the game. Need to mention it's one of the, of the best 2.5 game I've seen and played. This is what I've always wanted. Hope more Devs learn from Inside.
Twitter

masofdas
PSN ID: masofdas

Post by masofdas » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:40 pm

I'm thinking about picking up Inside as I've got £16 in my PSN but for near the same amount of money I can get Alundra, SOTN, Suidoken II, Dark Cloud and Wild Arms.
PSN, NNID, Gamertag, Steam, Twitter, Tumbler, Twitch: masofdas. YouTube: masofbiohaz. New 3DS FC 3110-7071-6098
Image Image

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Nioh is ticking all the right boxes for me once again. But I'm now going through a bit of a polarising decision of sinking hours into the Beta or not. Since I want to jump into the full game as fresh as I can. Currently going through the first area again and I might keep it that way for now.
Twitter

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:19 am

Yeah, I feel much the same, started the beta tonight and I'm not looking to play through areas just wanted to feel it after the changes. I've got my fill for now since it'll just be going through the levels again when it comes out anyway so was just messing around in the first half of the first area. Loaded up the other levels just to see how they looked and so glad to see it looks good in daylight stages too. I still really like how it feels and it's definitely a day 1 purchase as things stand.

The changes are fine and obviously account for a lot of things people had some problems with. Most obviously durability's gone now which is good for the mot part, I have to admit I didn't have much of a problem with it in the first place though, it wasn't too hard to get a stock of whetstones and I liked the idea of having a back up weapon just in case but I can see it being a chore for a lot of people to deal with. Not sure about other things since it's been a while since the alpha but it feels like core mechanics have been tweaked, it seems like blocking eats up less stamina per hit and parry windows seem wider among other things that do seem to make things easier. I'll have to look up a changelog to see what they've actually done on that front though.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:37 pm

so my brother just gave me a £20 psn top up for teaching him science which helped him get a B so I need something to spend it on.

recommend me some good turn based JRPG's that I can potentially buy. I want something to last me, so give me something with hundreds of hours content and a new game + or something.

can be on anything, I have ps4, psvita, and ps3 so anything from those is fine.

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:48 pm

p3, might be able to get some real smt games on the store too

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:15 pm

are they on PS4 store? Been trying to fill out my missing collection of PS2 ones (Raidou and DDS2)

Kappa
NNID: IT'S JUST THE
PSN ID: NATURE OF
Steam ID: MY GAME

Post by Kappa » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:32 pm

idk i don't have a sony system just tryna help out my buddy scote

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:43 pm

JenovaPX wrote:The changes are fine and obviously account for a lot of things people had some problems with. Most obviously durability's gone now which is good for the mot part, I have to admit I didn't have much of a problem with it in the first place though, it wasn't too hard to get a stock of whetstones and I liked the idea of having a back up weapon just in case but I can see it being a chore for a lot of people to deal with. Not sure about other things since it's been a while since the alpha but it feels like core mechanics have been tweaked, it seems like blocking eats up less stamina per hit and parry windows seem wider among other things that do seem to make things easier. I'll have to look up a changelog to see what they've actually done on that front though.
With durability out and new the new Familiarity stat in I find myself sticking to just one weapon more. Current using Dual Katana and really enjoying them. It does take away that incentive to switch things up a bit more however. I might be in the minority that misses the original lock on combat too. Felt different compared to Dark Souls and now they've straight up just gone Dark Souls like with it in this update. Not a huge a fan but nothing that stops me from really enjoying the combat still.
Twitter

imbusydoctorwho

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:34 pm

Journey is now free on PS Plus, time to download and see if it lives up to the hype.

toffeeman30

Post by toffeeman30 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:46 pm

store update 6 sept is massive. how many games...

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:53 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:Journey is now free on PS Plus, time to download and see if it lives up to the hype.
Play it all in one sitting and make sure you're online

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:23 pm

PlayStation Meeting is also being held tomorrow at 8pm. Thanks to leaks we know what to expect but that doesn't rule out any surprises Sony might be hiding. I really hope they show off games running on Neo and also have other devs announce plans to update their games to support it. I just want to see FF XV on Neo to be honest. Game looks fine as it is but I think the NEO could help iron out all the small problems.
Twitter

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:39 pm

Yeah but when's Death Stranding?

Going to be the main question I ask of all Sony events now I guess
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

imbusydoctorwho

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:57 pm

I read somewhere that they expect the PS Neo to launch this week, can't see that.
Still will probably watch it later tonight (I think it's on at 8pm) hopefully we'll get a good in depth look at the Neo cause I'd rather have an NX than a spruced up PS4.

Hopefully we'll get some new info of unannounced games.

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:28 pm

PS4 Slim will possibly release this week, Neo next year - that's what seems likely to me. Unless PSVR is a lot more dependent on Neo than anything so far would have us believe.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:07 pm

I'll probably watch it to see what it can offer over a standard PS4, imagine it'll be mainly graphical upgrades though. I'm expecting the standard PS4 to get a hefty price cut with the announcement of the Slim (official anyway) and Neo, or maybe discontinued if they don't want 3 PS4 models on sale at the same time.

PiGreat
NNID: PiGreat
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5928-1641
PSN ID: PiGreat
Steam ID: PiGreat

Post by PiGreat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:52 pm

hi friends, i got a ps4 a couple of days ago so please add me and we can video games maybe
RichardUK wrote:I don't believe anyone is actually poor in this country
THE ADVENTURES OF A GUY ON HIS QUEST TO BECOME A WEEABOO | BONUS COMMENTARY | RANDOM eton mess[/centre]