gAmE oF tHe YeAr 2o1sixteen

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Spilskinanka
Steam ID: Spilskinanka

Re: gAmE oF tHe YeAr 2o1sixteen

Post by Spilskinanka » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:02 pm

redout

new page new wipeout
WeAreHarbinger: who cates aobut jnvidoe ngmajesj

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:00 am

Yubel wrote:
Nofes wrote:pure eton mess that one
Nope.

Also, opinions.
Met wrote:Did you just disregard his opinion as wrong and then point out that opinions are valid?
Yubel post was 3 words long....3 words. Impressive how someone can be so wrong and offensive in so few characters; Yubel do you have a twitter account?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW IN 2016
Joint first place - F1 2016 and Telltale Batman
I don't even play the multiplayer on F1, so aren't even fully using it fully - but career mode is absolutely amazing. Also has anyone here played Telltale Batman - loved that game.

Honourable mention - Unchartered 4. I am in the middle of playing so it would be daft of me to declare it my favourite game when I haven't played it fully (Yubel!) but I've really enjoyed what I've played so far, the characters are very endearing, the story is very enjoyable - the gameplay is amazing (I loved all the cliff climbing in the Scottish highlands) and it's easily the best-looking game on PS4.

Twilight Princess HD (counting a remake because why not) - It's good but there's quite a lot of filler and busy work even for a Zelda game. Didn't mind the slow-start as it was quite important to show Links humble life of farm work - so when you finally got to the open Hyrule fields and his adventure properly begun it was pretty breath-taking. Wasn't crazy about some of the tasks you do in wolf form though.

GAMES I BEAT IN 2016 BUT WASN'T RELEASED IN 2016
Joint first Place - The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite

Honourable Mention - Assassin Creed Syndicate - It was amazing wondering around a perfectly realised London - easily the best Assassins Creed game I've played.

*affects robotic womans voice* Do you agree with our list? What do you think is the best game of 2016. For more entertaining top-10s everyday be sure to subscribe to Watchmojo.com
"soylent green is people"

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Yubel wrote:
Nope.

Also, opinions.
Met wrote:Did you just disregard his opinion as wrong and then point out that opinions are valid?
Perhaps I should've explained myself better. My only problem is how Nofes' presented his opinion and wouldn't just leave it at that - he strangely brought up the obvious fact it's a "focus tested open world Ubisoft game", which quite frankly does nothing to support it. Breaking news: Final Fantasy XV was a focus-tested open-world game too - at least half of it anyway.
Cruizer wrote:Yubel post was 3 words long....3 words. Impressive how someone can be so wrong and offensive in so few characters; Yubel do you have a twitter account?
I think it's impressive for anyone to find anything in this thread offensive.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:43 pm

i mean you'd be hard pressed to find any content in your posts, let alone anything that could be offensive

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Your "only problem" Yubel is a fundamental misunderstanding of Nofes' criticism. The issue said wasn't that it's a focus tested open world so bringing up FF XV is a non-point, the issue is that it's an Ubisoft focus tested open world game of which we've had ad nauseam over the past decade, it's a very valid criticism.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Yubel

Post by Yubel » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Garf wrote:i mean you'd be hard pressed to find any content in your posts, let alone anything that could be offensive
That's ludicrous and incredibly rich coming from you.
JenovaPX wrote:Your "only problem" Yubel is a fundamental misunderstanding of Nofes' criticism. The issue said wasn't that it's a focus tested open world so bringing up FF XV is a non-point, the issue is that it's an Ubisoft focus tested open world game of which we've had ad nauseam over the past decade, it's a very valid criticism.
Shame he didn't emphasise it that way. I merely thought he somehow had an issue with focus-testing and open world games in general, but if it's just Ubisoft then why not just say so? As for the ad nauseam, that's a wider issue and not something by which a single game should be judged.

Then again I could just be struggling to process how anyone who's played Watch Dogs 2 can't appreciate anything about it. Please tell me you've actually played it.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:07 pm

Not really, he made a point and a good one at that, you just took it the wrong way, and you still seem to be looking at it the wrong way. The problem isn't focus testing, open world games or Ubisoft, the problem is Ubisoft's focus tested open world games, the whole package of a point, breaking it down changes the meaning. And no, the ad nauseam point still stands as a criticism of the game as well as of Ubisoft, the franchises and the market in general. A single game being a product of this kind of development and marketing still suffers all the same for being a part of it, it hinders its quality and enjoyability if there are dozens of other games everyone's played that feel like they're cut from the same mold.

Also yes, I've touched it. It's not a matter of "not being able to appreciate anything from it", it's just that this is a big problem to a lot of people and couldn't ever be a GotY candidate for them as a result.
Destiny is Destiny.

Garf

Post by Garf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Yubel wrote:
Garf wrote:i mean you'd be hard pressed to find any content in your posts, let alone anything that could be offensive
I am a gooseberry fool delight to be around you pleb step to me and see what happens

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:01 pm

Yubel wrote:That's ludicrous and incredibly rich coming from you.
I'm sorry have you been to FG&Q lately?

Maybe you didn't pass the entry requirements.
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:48 pm

Garf is the real MVP he's got more content than you could even dream of in his left arsecheek alone
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Yubel

Post by Yubel » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:49 pm

euan707 wrote:
Yubel wrote:That's ludicrous and incredibly rich coming from you.
I'm sorry have you been to FG&Q lately?

Maybe you didn't pass the entry requirements.
I formed an opinion based on what Iv'e actualy seen, just as he has.
Garf wrote: I am a gooseberry fool delight to be around you pleb step to me and see what happens
I never said you weren't but thanks for calling me a pleb anyways...chelsea bun.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:00 am

That sounds like he's stepping to you Garf sort him out
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:02 am

Yubel wrote:
yes garf the person who has run multiple long form forum rps has no content in his posts
great one mate

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

Garf

Post by Garf » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:04 am

i'm working on a diss too strong to post on the forums, it'll be a good one, give me a week or so

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:06 am

we're all used to waiting that long for you to update by this point, so no worries there

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:43 am

Can't wait to forget it even exists.
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:30 pm

BACK ON TOPIC because you guys are very rude people to do this in borts lovely thread.

goty is not even a gooseberry fool question.

Persona 5.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:58 pm

Would be nice if not Japan existed though, but pretty much my guaranteed GotY for 2017
Destiny is Destiny.

Garf

Post by Garf » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:04 pm

play a real shin megoomy tensay

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:12 pm

On that note, do you need to have played IV to get into Apocalypse?
Destiny is Destiny.

Garf

Post by Garf » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Yes and no

Apocalypse takes place during the endgame of the Neutral ending of SMT4 normal so it's generally opening with spoilers, as well as references to what Flynn did in the previous game (such as referring to the Ashura-Kai/Ring of Gaea bits). However, it does explain what's going on fairly well and there is a database that covers the major characters, so I'd say it's doable, just that you'd miss out on some stuff but the Neutral ending of IV can be a bit of a slog so you might be saving yourself a headache.

In terms of gameplay, Apocalypse is miles ahead of IV, potentially enough to make it hard to go back. The foremost being the Tokyo overworld map having the districts marked upon it so you wont spend three years trying to find Ueno when you've just walked past it

If you are going to play IV vanilla to get up to speed on what's happening, I'd suggest using a guide since getting onto the Neutral Route is more luck than judgement, with it entirely possible to get to the alignment lock so neutral that the final choice will either tip you into Law or Chaos, with no way to remain neutral

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:00 pm

Look at this nerd talking about his weeb games.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

Garf

Post by Garf » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:50 pm

i have to pretend to be a normal human everywhere else man let me have some time

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Yubel wrote:
Yubel wrote:
Nope.

Also, opinions.
Perhaps I should've explained myself better. My only problem is how Nofes' presented his opinion and wouldn't just leave it at that - he strangely brought up the obvious fact it's a "focus tested open world Ubisoft game", which quite frankly does nothing to support it. Breaking news: Final Fantasy XV was a focus-tested open-world game too - at least half of it anyway.
Cruizer wrote:Yubel post was 3 words long....3 words. Impressive how someone can be so wrong and offensive in so few characters; Yubel do you have a twitter account?
I think it's impressive for anyone to find anything in this thread offensive.
i don't understand why you think it was focus tested when it was announced that they're changing parts of the game after feedback

feedback that would have been a result of focus testing

i think you're making a strange argument here
Bucket

Yubel

Post by Yubel » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:22 pm

Nofes wrote: i don't understand why you think it was focus tested when it was announced that they're changing parts of the game after feedback

feedback that would have been a result of focus testing

i think you're making a strange argument here
Is it just me or did you just contradict yourself? If they changed parts of the game after receiving feedback - feedback that came as a result of focus testing - then how can you not understand why I'd think it was focus tested when it very clearly was.
- Nintendo Yubellion -