E3 2k17: EA + Microsoft + Bethesda

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

E3 2k17: EA + Microsoft + Bethesda

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:33 am

Three conferences in, what are everyone's thoughts so far?

I watched those summaries of EA and Bethesda, and I watched all of Microsoft live last night. So far no gigantic surprises for me, but some great looking games shown off. Microsoft definitely packed their show with games and I want to play a lot of them - but I'm not sure how many of those are actually exclusive rather than being timed. I'm pretty sure everything is on PC too at least (as is apparently now the xbox way).

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Re: E3 2k17: EA + Microsoft + Bethesda

Post by Yubel » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:25 pm

I stumbled upon those very same supercuts when I was catching up with Bethesda this morning. Thought Microsoft started off big and bold - the background on Xbox One X' inception and specs all sounded impressive - but although there's no denying they had the quantity, the proof wasn't quite there.

Also glossed over an Agents of Mayhem demo earlier and despite not being a major E3 headliner, it's actually one of my most anticipated games atm.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:14 pm

From what I watched of the Microsoft conference there isn't much that appeals to me, Forza 7 looks good as does the new Metro. Called it a day after Crackdown 3.

Skyrim on Switch seems promising, I'll definitely be picking it up at some point. Neat to include Amiibo features in it as well.

I'll be trying to watch Ubisoft later and I might stay up for Sony's at 1am. I'll be missing Nintendo's though, will catch up when I'm back from work.

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:32 pm

EA's felt pretty empty, as though they just wanted to get to Battlefront. Need For Speed Payback could have used a much greater presence, for instance. I'm pretty sure the last one featured back in 2015 had a good ten minutes spent on it. Can't really complain though, as they showed off enough for Battlefront 2 that I am super excited for it.
Microsoft and the XBO-X [the only shortened name that makes sense] proved they have the power. Original Xbox games on Backward Compatibility is a great bonus, and they did kind of cheat in saying 42 games when about half of them were just dedicated to an indie sizzle reel. They did enough to showcase the big games, and I'm pretty sure everyone's getting tired of hearing 'exclusive' after nearly every single game reveal.

Haven't seen Bethesda as it's not like I've played any of their games. Ubisoft I can see myself tuning into, if just for the awkwardness alone. Might catch up with Sony tomorrow, while waiting for Nintendo.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Does anyone know what a teraflop is yet?
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:51 pm

I like the direction EA is taking Battlefront. Looking at all the feedback they got from the first and actually acting on it. Every DLC pack being free is also great.

Just waiting for them to gooseberry fool it up, somehow.

A Way Out looks like it could be a video game that you play, but we'll see.

Otherwise, I had a good laugh at Need For Speed where everything was made of explosions and a nap during the sportsballs.

In the other E3 thread, I wrote:Microsoft have still not told me they want my money because the only things they had to show were "launch exclusives" and "console exclusives" and the even dumber "console launch exclusives".
And Bethesda was just "Hey, remember Skyrim? Go buy Skyrim again. This time with paid mods!"
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

Targey

Post by Targey » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:10 pm

I don't really remember much of EA's presentation aside from Battlefront II (which was expected anyway) and sports.

Microsoft showed off a fair few games that took my fancy, and would really tempt me into buying an XBO. However, seems most of these are most likely timed exclusives, and are showing up on PC at the same time anyway. Meanwhile, the XboneX is looking a little pricey. Maybe I'll pick up an XBones in the future. Maybe.

Bethesda just did a pre-recorded show, but still presented it on a live stage? And I see they're going to try paid mods again. Pass.

Seems weird that Microsoft's presentation is actually the best one so far. Anyway, looking forward to Ubisoft's usual cringe bonanza, and seeing in Sony's presentation just how many of Microsoft's exclusives are actually exclusive.

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:14 pm

I'll be trying to watch Ubisoft later and I might stay up for Sony's at 1am. I'll be missing Nintendo's though, will catch up when I'm back from work.
It's 2am so between them and Ubisoft I'll break out something good to read. My thoughts are they'll open with God of War, confirming a release date. Sucker Punch's new IP seems as likely as seeing Spiderman PS4 gameplay, COD WW2 (meh) and then more teasery TLOU2 footage.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Oops, thought it was 1 am. 2 am might be pushing it, feeling pretty tired as is, might have to catch up in the morning.

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:05 pm

Buncha' cool game have been shown so far. A Way Out and The Last Night catching my interest most. Anthem looked amazing but I'm getting strong Watch Dogs reveal vibes from it lol. Keep my expectation in check for that, even tho I loved the whole premise of it. AC Origins is looking great too, although when it went into combat it kinda looked a bit shoddy. Anyone else notice?
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:14 pm

I've just gone off Assassins Creed in general really, Origins looks ok (and on the huge off chance it comes to the Switch I'll probably get it as a portable AC would be pretty neat) but it doesn't look anything amazing to me. I wonder if Ubisoft will have info on the Mario x Rabbids game or if Nintendo will show that off first.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:15 pm

It doesn't have countering which makes it the most interesting Assassin's Creed combat yet

Not being able to hidden blade assassinate higher level enemies is weird though

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Yeah, so far it's been very flaccid.

EA had Battlefront II which we basically already knew how it was going to be, hoping online will have bots this time round for a Conquest mode or just something. A Way Out looks like a decent new IP so that's cool, going to wait til a lot more info is available to care though. Anthem looks like it could be ok but Andromeda devs with EA doesn't really inspire much hope.

MS had plenty of launch exclusives and console exclusives which means jack. Dragon Ball Xrd getting shown off is fantastic though, so far the game of the show right now. Code Vein looks good too, hoping that gets shown off more at Sony tonight.

Bethesda was Bethesda. Evil Within 2 looks like Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein looks like Wolfenstein. Skyrim sure is Skyrim and Fallout 4 VR sure is Fallout 4.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:25 pm

i barely care about anything that was shown and i just want to see sony blow microsoft out of the water
Bucket

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:51 pm

More Wolfenstein, I can't wait.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker