Beyond Good & Evil 2

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

Beyond Good & Evil 2

Post by GuitarHero » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:07 pm

Finally. Something concrete. Personally, my most anticipated game - a game that I've actually been waiting most of my life to come out. And it's nothing like it's predecessor... which, we'll have to wait and see whether that that's a good thing. So we probably don't need a thread for this, I just wanted to make one as I'm so in love with the first game.

Here's the trailer:

What know is this:
Ubisoft wrote:ABOUT Beyond Good and Evil 2:

Journey to System 3, for the prequel to one of Ubisoft’s most beloved games! Fight alongside unforgettable characters in a stunning new solar system, as you struggle for freedom and the right to determine your own fate among the stars. Play the adventure by yourself or with friends in a vast and seamless online playground.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is the spiritual successor to the cult classic, a prequel that will transport players into a profoundly multicultural world, capturing the spirit of the original with grandiose decors and intense dramas that play out across a vast universe. Through the Space Monkey Program, Ubisoft Montpellier will be developing the game alongside its community of fans.

System 3 has become the center of interstellar trade and colonization in the Milky Way of the 24th century, thanks to the creation of Hybrid slaves. While private enterprises fight over resources and power, the first colonists weave together the rich and diverse spiritual and cultural heritages of Old Earth to give meaning to their existence. In this new era of piracy, we will rise from lowly pirate to legendary captain at the helm of massive star-faring vessels, adventuring alongside crews of colorful characters to fight for freedom and the right to determine our own fate among the stars!
This vast online playground has me a bit worried, as I've never been a particular fan of Ubisoft open-world online games. However, with Michel Ancel behind it I'm interested as to where this goes.

From a more lore perspective, it'll be interesting which characters we see. From the looks of the trailer, we're seeing Jade's parents (going by the green eyes) and from that I suspect we'll see Pey'j too as we see a pig, but that definitely wasn't Pey'j. Plus we know that Pey'j takes Jade and saves her from the troubles that her parents are dealing with. I'm just curious how much linking we'll see, as they're marketing it as a spiritual successor so we may not get much at all which would be a real shame.

But from taking the CGI trailer at face value, I'm intrigued. Seems like an awesome world(s) they've got going and I can't wait to see more!

Space Monkey Program (Beta Sign Up)
Last edited by GuitarHero on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Never played the first one but that reveal trailer looks really good, certainly enough to interest me at the moment :)

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:57 pm

That trailer could have been a film, it looks stunning. I am incredibly excited and the wait is going to be excruciating. Time to pour over every last detail from what they showed!

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:55 am

i think i may have slammed a fist on my desk when i saw those pig fingers

god
Bucket

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Best announcement of E3 so far, yeah it's only a CG trailer but dam it looks cool, bet we'll have to wait a long while for it though.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

NAS

Post by NAS » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Waiting this long for a prequel, and an 'online playground'? Hmm. Also, It's been a while, but did the first game feature F-bombs so heavily?

Incredible trailer, though.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:52 pm

NAS wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:34 pm
Also, It's been a while, but did the first game feature F-bombs so heavily?
First game was a 7+ and definitely did not have swearing. Feels a little like the change between Jak 1 and 2 to me, and the new tone sits well in the trailer.

Has anyone been able to sign up to the Space Monkey Program at bgegame.com? I haven't got it to work yet

GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

Post by GuitarHero » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:08 am

To be fair, the fans of the original game have all grown up now so I don't see it as too much an issue. Glad to see it's taking a bit of a new direction as the original game has built itself a fantastic world that I'm glad we're gonna see a lot more of. Although that said, we're gonna be in System 3 this time whereas Hillys was in System 4.

But yeah, an online playground could mean all sorts of things. We'll just have to wait and see where they take it now!
OrangeRakoon wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:52 pm
Has anyone been able to sign up to the Space Monkey Program at bgegame.com? I haven't got it to work yet
Yeah, I finally managed to sign up now :)