E3 2k17: Sony PlayStation

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

E3 2k17: Sony PlayStation

Post by Yubel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:10 am

Sound issues at the start aside I feel Sony is a close second to Ubisoft. Neither Days Gone or God of War raised the bar from their appearance last year, but Spiderman sure did.

Still pumped for The Lost Legacy most overall.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Re: E3 2k17: EA + Microsoft + Bethesda

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:15 am

gooseberry fool Spider-man looks great, if the rest of the game matches that demo then that's fantastic.
Monster Hunter on PS4 gives me a reason to actually try it properly since gooseberry fool the 3DS tbh.
Days Gone looks really interesting and is the only zombie game to really grab my attention. Not sure what you mean by not raising the bar there, more varied gameplay and context for the game is a plus.
Is Moss Miyazaki though? Looking really cute and fun.
Shadow of the Colossus is Shadow of the Colossus.
God of War looks pretty solid and might actually make me care more than the predecessors.
Detroit looks like a David Cage mess.

I know I'm forgetting other things but stream kept crashing so that was dumb.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

Post by GuitarHero » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:20 am

Some interesting stuff there, and the Spiderman gameplay looked great although probably a few too many QTEs for my liking but hard to tell how prevalent those will be from that short clip. That said, it looks like it'll be great fun swinging around the city. Glad there was minimal chatter though, was all about the games. Just nothing big for me personally, except maybe Detroit as that has piqued my interest a bit.

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:27 am

JenovaPX wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:15 am
Not sure what you mean by not raising the bar there, more varied gameplay and context for the game is a plus.

I know I'm forgetting other things but stream kept crashing so that was dumb.
I understand the context and in retrospect Days Gone showed more of what it needed to (human threats, other gameplay tactics etc.) Where GoW is concerned I was just expecting something bigger... but yea, that doesn't automatically make it better.

Already forgotten all of the VR titles btw.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Re: E3 2k17: Sony PlayStation

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:43 am

Caught up this morning as I couldn't make it through the night without consequences

Monster Hunter World is the most exciting reveal, I absolutely want that game and I was not expecting it - I thought we'd just be getting XX on Switch. Lots of details here.
Players and monsters can move from one map area to another freely and without loading screens whilst gameplay
Seems like a big one. It certainly doesn't sound like a classic MH game with a lot of changes on show, but how much of that is trailer I don't know. Not having areas is a big mechanical change though and it'll be really interesting to see how that changes the game.

Days Gone has me very interested, I love zombie games despite their ubiquity. Seeing some more focus on rival survivors is good and I like the promise of being able to use the zombies and play zombies off against living enemies - that made for some of the best gameplay moments in TLOU but they were sadly underused.

SOTC is surprising and I am interested, but I don't know if it will bring anything new to the game (and I'm slightly worried it will actually lose something from the original with the visual changes).

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Sony has a great showcase of games coming but the thing is we've all seen them before and bar Monster Hunter and the Shadow of Colossus remake there wasn't any new big announcements.

Also what the fudge is Sucker Punch up to? It's been 3 years since Second Son.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

barrybarryk

Post by barrybarryk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:04 pm

Sonys conference was pretty much E3 2016: definitive edition. I genuinely don't understand why they even bothered with a live show this year if they were just going to show trailers. Most were at the last e3, and pretty much all of them were devoid of release dates, so we can look forward to seeing them next year too.

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:24 pm

For me, the big announcement was before the show even began and that was that Undertale was coming to PS4 and Vita. Even then that's a game that most people will have played.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:09 pm

barrybarryk wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:04 pm
I genuinely don't understand why they even bothered with a live show this year if they were just going to show trailers
I mean, that's what they've been doing the past few years since that's what people wanted.
Destiny is Destiny.

barrybarryk

Post by barrybarryk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:12 pm

Not really, they normally show some stuff that's coming this year, go over whatever improvements etc are coming to Playstation, have an indie showcase, and have some element of a "show". This was a straight hour of Youtube clips of games we might actually hear about at the next e3, and even still half of them were at last years show already.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:30 pm

I want to see developers come out onto the stage and actually talk about the game or help reveal them, or even play them live on stage - that's the kind of the thing that makes it more of a show and I think is partly what barry is getting at.

barrybarryk

Post by barrybarryk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Yeah I mean that may as well have been a load of trailers just dumped on Youtube. Was there even a single developer there?

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Been trying to decide whether to get a Switch or a PS4 with my summer job money (if I manage to get any) but I think with this showing and the backlog of other stuff I want to play on PS4 I'm going for that. MH World looks cool (although I hope they don't water down traditional MH mechanics too much, for starters I really hope that minigun is an Art and not standard HBG) and I can get XX on 3DS anyway so I won't miss that. Spiderman looks really fun too, and Horizon Zero Dawn continues to look amazing. Days Gone looks like it'll be really interesting too, and while I've not played any of the others in the series God of War looks like it'll be right up my street.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Personally I prefer the format of just seeing the games, and speak to a lot of people who feel the same way, especially if it avoids the typical cringe and lack of actual substance that having people come on comes with. With a limited amount of time for each company I consider E3 to be a place to showcase upcoming titles as much as possible, getting through as many as they can and giving the titles as much time as they can. There are lots of other platforms to get information from devs nowadays and if you care about a title then you're going to be able to get those details if you want them, E3 to me is just about generating the hype for those titles for the general public and Sony over the past couple of years has nailed that, just telling us what's coming out, what it looks like, how it plays and giving some approximation of progress and giving us some sort of expected drop time.

Would I like to hear dev talk? Of course, it's not a common thing on any of the shows really since it's normally just businessmen saying please be excited but actual devs coming on is a useful tool for hearing about the project, but on the whole I'd rather just get as thorough a look at the games in the hour slots we're allotted.
Destiny is Destiny.