The visual novel reading club

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Re: The visual novel reading club

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:51 pm

Picked up Steins; Gate on PS3 today for my girlfriend. It was only £20, which was surprising given that I got it from Game.

It came with an art book too, but I haven't looked it over yet.
das a peepo

Silver light

Post by Silver light » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Huh, did GAME slash the price on that already? It actually released at £20-£25, but they jumped it up to £35-40 as soon as it looked to be doing well...

Whatever you do at least though, don't look through the art book before playing through the game. Massive spoilers abound inside that thing.

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:00 pm

Yeah, it had a sticker on it with £40 crossed out, so I assumed it was a sale of some sort. But by the sound of it, they've just done a DFS and raised the price for the sake of making the lower one look like a better deal.

And thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to relay it.
das a peepo

Axis1500

Post by Axis1500 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Hello. Newcomer to this forum, but I know a lot of you have seen me around other places.

Anyway, I just finished Danganronpa 2. I really enjoyed it, though I did guess the major twist at the end very early on. Really hyped for the PlsBeZeroEscape3 Reveal tomorrow.

Silver light

Post by Silver light » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:00 pm

JAST had their AX panel and announced Flowers (all-age yuri VN). Aksys's panel is tonight (9pm). There's a Muv-Luv one at the same time, too.

Still kind of hoping we'll see something Infinity series somehow from Aksys as well as the almost-assuredly-happening Zero Escape 3. Thought Ever17 was better than 999/VLR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andddd Zero Escape 3 is a thing. Summer 2016, no platforms (or any other details for that matter) announced yet.

It doesn't even sound like it's been in the works that long, either...wonder if it'll actually make that release window. But hey, it's happening at least.

Edit - and right as i do that...well, 3DS/Vita confirmed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sekai got G-Senjou no Maou, Root Double, Narcissu 3, Narcissu remake and Chrono Clock. Meanwhile Mangagamer had Umineko, Himawari and some Alicesoft title i forgot the name of. What is even going on with videogame announcements this year anymore.

Mainly hype for G-Senjou and Root Double. G-Senjou is pretty great, while Root Double is by one of the Infinity series writers and sounds very 999-like. Himawari sounds interesting, too...

masa
NNID: nonoriri.k
3DS Friend Code: 1908-1215-2187
PSN ID: Cervanres
Xbox Gamertag: nonoriri k
Steam ID: masakisu

Post by masa » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:50 pm

Hear Yu-No is getting a remake which is cool, always heard tonnes of praise for it. Think the old artstyle looks cooler though. Also Hatoful Boyfriend is getting a ps4/vita port which is hyyyyyyyype means i might actually play it

Also somebody buy me steins gate pls

ALSO ALSO how closely linked are 999 and vlr plotwise?????

Silver light

Post by Silver light » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:59 pm

masa wrote:Hear Yu-No is getting a remake which is cool, always heard tonnes of praise for it. Think the old artstyle looks cooler though. Also Hatoful Boyfriend is getting a ps4/vita port which is hyyyyyyyype means i might actually play it

Also somebody buy me steins gate pls

ALSO ALSO how closely linked are 999 and vlr plotwise?????
I get the feeling 5pb are going to mess up the YU-NO remake like they did the Ever17 one. Reminds me i really need to get around to playing the original YU-NO sometime, though.

And you should definitely play 999 first.