[XB] Xbox General

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Re: [XB] Xbox General

Post by RichardUK » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:42 pm

danbish wrote:My Xbox One has just arrived today....what the hell is this dashboard?? Its a complete mess! After the simplicity of the 360 dash, the One's is atrocious. And I actually had to Google how to start a game for the first time in my life. Some rubbish on how the drive can't keep up with the game. And why is it installing Rare Replay in its entirety? Every few seconds it popping up "this has installed, that has installed" while I'm having a go at something else, its annoying. Can I not control what gets installed?
I have got used to the new dashboard now although I did like it a lot more before this last update, rare replay is a odd one because they are all mainly xbox 360 games running on the xbox ones backward compatibly so install separately, I did stop it installing and then just installed the ones I wanted, I do like the xbox one, its my main console, I have not been on the wii u or ps4 in months
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:01 pm

RichardUK wrote:
danbish wrote:My Xbox One has just arrived today....what the hell is this dashboard?? Its a complete mess! After the simplicity of the 360 dash, the One's is atrocious. And I actually had to Google how to start a game for the first time in my life. Some rubbish on how the drive can't keep up with the game. And why is it installing Rare Replay in its entirety? Every few seconds it popping up "this has installed, that has installed" while I'm having a go at something else, its annoying. Can I not control what gets installed?
I have got used to the new dashboard now although I did like it a lot more before this last update, rare replay is a odd one because they are all mainly xbox 360 games running on the xbox ones backward compatibly so install separately, I did stop it installing and then just installed the ones I wanted, I do like the xbox one, its my main console, I have not been on the wii u or ps4 in months
But how do I install the ones I want to? My console just seems to do what it wants :/

masofdas
PSN ID: masofdas

Post by masofdas » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:21 pm

I bought my second XBONE this year after selling my close to launch one due to the lack of games on it and now the same has happened after picking this XBONE in a sale along with my work discount for the good at best Halo 5 and the GOTY quality Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Now I've done my 10 anticipated Xbox exclusive games and the next one to come out that interests me is Quantum which is April that's 5 months after RotTR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRlSOeq ... e=youtu.be

And a few on that list you can see are coming to PC which may run on my laptop (it could run Witcher III at low) that I'm now thinking of selling my current XBONE as those games aren't really enough for me to keep my XBONE knowing I can get what I paid for it from a friend who will use it all the time and what Sony & Nintendo systems (that's without looking at VR & NX) have coming in 2016.

I'm doing the same videos but for the exclusives on the other systems and the PlayStation family for instance has nearly 40 that I narrowed down 10 where the XBONE only had 12 to get down to 10, you can say quality over quantity but looking at April for instance with games we know that are coming which includes a Xbox exclusive Quantum Break which looks great but that same month theres Ratchet & Clank, Star Fox Zero & Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and those 3 I'll much sooner buy, play & spend my time with then Quantum Break.

I don't know if someone like Rich who I gathers has most of the systems and from a post above has played his XBONE a lot, that he may have this same issue you can only buy & play so many games. Having all the systems is great that you can play Halo, Zelda & Uncharted but it's again having the time to play them all along with the multiformat and is it worth going 12 months only to play 12 games in the case for me looking at the XBONE and that's if I even do play them all.

I don't need the money but just seems a bit of a shame it sat there for what is going to be at least 5 months collecting dust before the next time I would maybe use it and then I'm not a fan of doing so after some not so great games along with a terrible UI & controller, I do have a sour taste in my mouth with Xbox since about 2009 and nothing seems to make me think it will improve going forward.
PSN, NNID, Gamertag, Steam, Twitter, Tumbler, Twitch: masofdas. YouTube: masofbiohaz. New 3DS FC 3110-7071-6098
Image Image

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:45 pm

masofdas wrote: I don't know if someone like Rich who I gathers has most of the systems and from a post above has played his XBONE a lot, that he may have this same issue you can only buy & play so many games.
I am the same when it comes to not liking consoles doing nothing, I had a Wii U at launch but sold it due to me not playing it when the Xbox One and PS4 came out, but then had to buy another Wii U when Mario Kart 8 came out, but now I dont play my Wii U at all again, I also dont play my PS4 ever and was only bought to play The Last Of Us, I do however play my Xbox One everyday

masofdas

Post by masofdas » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Really and you own a PS4, that shocks me, guess you didn't have a PS3 then and maybe not a fan of Japanese stuff & Sonys IPs.

As I know people prefer the controller and friends on the XBONE but otherwise it baffles me as I'm not a whole 1080p 60fps fanboy but if you give me a game and go there both £40 & this one runs better and this one doesn't.

I'm going for the one that runs better, be it PS4, XBONE or Wii U (in the case of Rayman Legends).
PSN, NNID, Gamertag, Steam, Twitter, Tumbler, Twitch: masofdas. YouTube: masofbiohaz. New 3DS FC 3110-7071-6098
Image Image

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:26 pm

I've been thinking of getting an xbone for Scalebound later but right now it has nothing going for it since I already went PS4 for Bloodborne.

Even then I don't think it will have much going for it.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:33 pm

On that note, Scalebound release has been delayed to 2017.

Platinum announcement
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Thank God...?

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand delayed Scalebound. On the other maybe the Xbone will have stuff by then.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

masofdas

Post by masofdas » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:25 pm

Agree with Met, as like I said and shown in my video that's one of the few games I'm looking forward to on the XBONE and one of the main reasons why I would maybe keep it but now if the delay.

How much will I be able to get a XBONE for in 2017 and will have library of more then two good games like now and NieR Automata on PS4 for that Platinum goodness in 2016.
Image Image

WithLoveAndSqualor
NNID: KingDanana
3DS Friend Code: 2320-6489-5789
PSN ID: KingDanana
Xbox Gamertag: King Danana
Steam ID: King_Danana

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:26 pm

got my xbox one back from my brother about a week ago and already it's shot straight up to being my main console again; i have no clue why, because i've always bought multi-format games on PS3/PS4, and until now my PS4 was my main console, but sweet baby jebus do i love that xbox controller, and just the look of the console itself. i don't even mind the new UI, even if it does baffle me as to why they didn't just stick with the post-winter dashboard. like, why.
UNTOUCHABLE
HAIL TO THE KING/FM\ twit

masofdas

Post by masofdas » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:18 am

I don't get the look of the console bit, you say you like that's cool but some have said when it was first shown it looked like a VHS player and same with the first PS3 it looked like a George Foreman Grill which I could car less about and most systems will go in a entertainment systems as well (mine are on show) as long as it plays games what does it matter what it looks like.
Image Image

WithLoveAndSqualor
NNID: KingDanana
3DS Friend Code: 2320-6489-5789
PSN ID: KingDanana
Xbox Gamertag: King Danana
Steam ID: King_Danana

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:07 pm

it looks like a betamax it's gooseberry fool great
UNTOUCHABLE
HAIL TO THE KING/FM\ twit

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:09 pm

I dont care what it looks like but what is great about it is just how quiet it is, plus the chargeable controller battery lasts for ages once charged

danbish

Post by danbish » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:48 pm

masofdas wrote:I don't get the look of the console bit, you say you like that's cool but some have said when it was first shown it looked like a VHS player and same with the first PS3 it looked like a George Foreman Grill which I could car less about and most systems will go in a entertainment systems as well (mine are on show) as long as it plays games what does it matter what it looks like.
I do agree with this, I thought from when it was first announced it looked like a VHS player and I still do to this day, but my God is it quiet when playing! I completely forgive it for taking an age to install the games before I can play. The 360 controller was a work of genius too and I never thought MS could beat it but damn, was I wrong! There's not a great deal of difference between the two, more like tweaks really, but they've absolutely nailed it - it's superb to use. My only gripe is the Xbox button is ridiculously bright when playing in the dark and when your playing local multiplayer there's no way of telling who's player 1, 2 etc.

masofdas

Post by masofdas » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:31 pm

I would of said the other way around the 360 controller and the S-Type before that were great then MS have ruined the almost perfect 360 controller with the XBONE controller.

Also my XBONE is gone, it will take a lot for MS to get me back again.

I've given them plenty of money over the years since the OG Xbox (the best Xbox) and they bring gamers nothing.
Image Image

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:06 pm

It's a bit late, but I'd just like to thank everyone who beta tested Rise of The Tomb Raider on behalf of the Playstation Nation.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

danbish

Post by danbish » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:15 pm

So I'm having an issue with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I completed it late on Friday night (15th) and the 'Price of Truth' achievement for 125G didn't unlock. I Googled why not and found multiple other posts saying something like you had to wait 48 hours for it to do so (something about contacting both Square and MS's servers?), but anyway here I am over a week later and still it isn't showing. In fact according to my achievement list I'm also missing the following;

Renegade - 5
A Trusty Old Friend - 10
The Price Of Truth - 125
Secret Achievement - -
Paying Respects - 10

Under all of these the phrase "Done! Unlocking..." is showing if I use the achievement pin while the game is running. If the game isn't running and I go to the achievement section, there's just a padlock icon indicating a locked achievement. And to make matters worse, last night I 100% my save file.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Thanks.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:30 pm

danbish wrote: Under all of these the phrase "Done! Unlocking..." is showing if I use the achievement pin while the game is running. If the game isn't running and I go to the achievement section, there's just a padlock icon indicating a locked achievement. And to make matters worse, last night I 100% my save file.

This happens a lot to me, all you can do is wait and they will unlock normally within the week but some have taken around month to unlock for me, its annoying but they will unlock in time

danbish

Post by danbish » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:42 pm

Well that's just utterly stupid.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:02 pm

danbish, according to my younger brother it's much quicker to go offline, install the game from the disc then go back online to download all of the updates for the game.

Saying that you've probably figured this out by now but I thought I'd mention it anyway!

danbish

Post by danbish » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:40 pm

I haven't actually, but I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:43 am

I can't say how much it improves the install times but according to him it does help, even if just to stop the console pausing the install (which it seemed to quite a bit, would install so much then stop meaning he'd have to go back and manually continue the install, it's not the like the console ever went offline either it just stopped downloading the update/installing).

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:29 am

Robbo-92 wrote:I can't say how much it improves the install times but according to him it does help.
This is something that I used to do but since various console updates the install times have improved quite a lot so I just install and update normally, when it says that the game needs a update it downloads that first so you can start the game before its 100% installed, hope that makes sense but my point is that it has got a lot better since launch and install times are one of the main issues they are working on

Bes

Post by Bes » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:47 pm

RichardUK wrote:
danbish wrote: Under all of these the phrase "Done! Unlocking..." is showing if I use the achievement pin while the game is running. If the game isn't running and I go to the achievement section, there's just a padlock icon indicating a locked achievement. And to make matters worse, last night I 100% my save file.

This happens a lot to me, all you can do is wait and they will unlock normally within the week but some have taken around month to unlock for me, its annoying but they will unlock in time
Reminds me of how I beat Vault of Glass in destiny 2 weeks after it launched, then didn't get the achievement for several months.
Though my guards may sleep and ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire

samus_killer
NNID: samus_killer
PSN ID: samus_killer
Xbox Gamertag: SamusKiller

Post by samus_killer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:58 pm

Microsoft have released a bunch of videos showing off what you can expect from the upcoming HoloLens. One of which is a new Conker platformer! And it, um...

RIP Conker ):