Football Manager Thread - PC, Mac, Linux, iOS & Android

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Re: Football Manager Thread - PC, Mac, Linux, iOS & Android

Post by Bix » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:19 am

Players Ive found were fabulous (for the price as well as the ability):

Francis Coquelin - DM - never gives up making successful crucial tackles. Think I paid 5 or 6 mill but was worth every penny.

Marco Benassi - B2B CM - Eventually made the Italian side. He cost me about 2.5 mill and was worth 30 in his peak.

James Rodriguez - Uknow - Scout indefinitely and pick up if he ever goes free (age 36 onwards), not because of value but because of his goddam wage expectations. For me his head cleared when he was sidelined and he built up a hatred of Real Madrid. He went on to dictate things for me at San Lorenzo. He commands at any age, alongside any decent young runner,tackler in the centre of the pitch.

Pione Sisto - RW - quickest most profit so far. Bought for about 2.5 mill from Midtyjland or whatever in the Danish Superleague. Just over a year later he became African player of the year and Arsenal paid me 26, rising to 32 mill. (not sure if he was a gen'd player though). Edit: he isn't, so buy buy buy.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Not played FM for ages, but decided to have a go at making something in the editor. Couldn't quite decide what and was looking through stuff on the internet, thinking about maybe creating a fantasy nation or something like that, and found a way to edit the country's continent. I started looking through the editor's code and decided to see what other features I could enable. I ended up making it possible to have female players and to test it turned Jack Wilshere into a woman. It worked.

Don't think I can enable female regens as that'd end up going into the actual game's code, not just the editor. Making the Women's Super League might actually be possible, but don't think there would be a way of limiting transfers to female players only and the teams would end up with male regens anyway. Also national teams.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

Bix

Post by Bix » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:51 am

Think I left myself in charge at lesser known PUMAS in Mexico. Got a massive stadium that I was hoping to fill more often. May return to it at some point.

A few of my highlight results in my career.

Managing San Lorenzo vs River Plate

Also San Lorenzo vs Manu

Managing Wolves away at West Brom

Managing Wolves away at Man City My German right back scores a wonderful first goal.
TIME !

Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:40 am

Full back goals just like the one in your City game are surprisingly common in FM. I had quite a few from my left back in FM12. Absolute beautiful flukes.
<Princess> that's effort

Bix

Post by Bix » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:51 pm

Ye I scored a couple .. that one was away at Man City, when we needed to maintain our top spot in the league so I was overjoyed with it.
TIME !

Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:30 pm

Started a new save. Holidayed for 2 seasons to see if anything interesting like tycoons or relegations came up, but nothing did and settled on having a go at the Slovak Second Division since the format's changed to regional divisions since I last played in the second tier. Started with FK Slovan Levice. They're absolutely terrible. Played 18, won 0, drawn 7, lost 11. Plus a first round cup exit. Still, my job security is 80% because the board think I'm on course to win the Second Division...
<Princess> that's effort