Yooka-Laylee

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Re: Yooka-Laylee

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:32 am

Tried beating the final boss last night with my housemate. What a terrible final boss.

Didn't beat him, gave up because it's just frustratingly slow to reattempt it each time. The second stage especially just takes far too long.

I'm sort of doubtful I'll get the game on Switch now. Although if they make some improvements given the later release I might be tempted.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:44 am

This game is still hapening on the Switch then ( http://www.playtonicgames.com/greenandpurplepatch/ ), but still no sign of a firm release date anymore specific than "2017". I own the PS4 version but only put in a few hours as I wanted to play it properly on the Switch (this is one of the only games I've ever bought on two platforms). What I have played I've really enjoyed, this kind of game would be perfect on a portable device.

Do you think there will be much of a market for this on the Switch being released so long after the other consoles - I get the impression I'm a bit in the minority in waiting for the Switch / getting the game twice and feel this may sadly go a similar way that Watch Dogs did on the U :(

Even though this is an unofficial, spitual successor to an IP now owned by Microsoft produced by a different company under an unifiliated name to RARE and this was never even intended as Nintendo exclusive I still get more cognitive dissonance not playing Yooka on a Nintendo system than I do playing Sonic on a Nintendo machine.
"soylent green is people"

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:13 pm

I'm getting really fed up of waiting for this now.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Same here :( If I hadn't already backed it for Wii U which turned into a Switch version I'd have probably played it or not be bothered. It's kind of getting annoying that there seems to be nothing past a 2017 date for the Switch version.

It's not going to sell overly well now anyway with it coming out so much later after the other versions, but if this comes out after Mario Odyssey it'll probably do even worse. Given the choice (if you only had time/money for one) people are obviously going to choose Mario Odyssey over Yooka Laylee. Not that I'd blame them as if i were in a similar situation I'd be making the exact same choice.

danbish

Post by danbish » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:08 pm
Same here :( If I hadn't already backed it for Wii U which turned into a Switch version I'd have probably played it or not be bothered.
Myself exactly. I tweeted PlayTonic yesterday (for all the good it'll do) basically saying I was a WiiU backer who moved to Switch and I'm getting annoyed at the lack of news and release date six months after game launched.

I hope they're realising the amount of other people who are in the same boat who are also becoming annoyed and frustrated. It'll probably not do them any favours in the future if they ask for KickStarter backers for Nintendo platforms since, and I gotta be honest here, its starting to feel like we're being stung again. People will be very reluctant to back their future projects.

GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

Post by GuitarHero » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 pm

I think I got about half way through this game before getting bored and not coming back, just felt like a bit of a chore to go through. A lot of little nitpicks added up to make the experience kinda dull and uninspired. I may eventually get back to it, but will definitely be a while till I do that

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:49 pm

danbish wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:44 pm
Robbo-92 wrote:
Same here :( If I hadn't already backed it for Wii U which turned into a Switch version I'd have probably played it or not be bothered.
Myself exactly. I tweeted PlayTonic yesterday (for all the good it'll do) basically saying I was a WiiU backer who moved to Switch and I'm getting annoyed at the lack of news and release date six months after game launched.

I hope they're realising the amount of other people who are in the same boat who are also becoming annoyed and frustrated. It'll probably not do them any favours in the future if they ask for KickStarter backers for Nintendo platforms since, and I gotta be honest here, its starting to feel like we're being stung again. People will be very reluctant to back their future projects.
Well they've sent out a backer email (which I've dare say you've seen as it sounds like you've backed it yourself), saying their having some issues and waiting for Unity 5.6 or something. Still no release date though, going to do pretty poor coming out after Mario Odyssey.

shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Post by shy guy 64 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:31 pm

i don't think we'll see the switch version before january at this point
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

danbish

Post by danbish » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:48 am

Robbo-92 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:49 pm
danbish wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:44 pm
Robbo-92 wrote:

Well they've sent out a backer email (which I've dare say you've seen as it sounds like you've backed it yourself), saying their having some issues and waiting for Unity 5.6 or something. Still no release date though, going to do pretty poor coming out after Mario Odyssey.
Yeah I got it not too long after I posted too. I did back it and have had a mess around in the Toybox on Steam, my tier was high enough to get it. If they're having issues then fair enough, I know what Unity can be like, but not saying anything for months at a time is frustrating at the very least. But again, six months difference between Switch and other platforms. Especially now when its being discounted, sometimes heavily, on those other formats. I hope they're not expecting troves of people to pay full price for it when it's available for half on other systems.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 pm

There's really not much point in this game coming to Switch as once Mario comes out, this game will be obsolete.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:40 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 pm
There's really not much point in this game coming to Switch as once Mario* comes out, this game will be obsolete.
*Banjo Tooie
das a peepo

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:40 am

imbusydoctorwho wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 pm
There's really not much point in this game coming to Switch as once Mario comes out, this game will be obsolete.
what the hell does this post even mean

how can a product be obsolete when it is already designed to harken to something dead
Bucket

shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Post by shy guy 64 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:33 pm

new yooka and laylee model with a $10 discount for backers

anyone now how much that' be in out money
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:42 pm

Probably about £40 before any import taxes, that's with the $10 discount for backers. Looks good, doubt I'll buy one as I don't really have anywhere to display it.

danbish

Post by danbish » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:19 pm

I've waited for this for that long I my interest is really waning now. Doesn't help that Playtonic have said practically nothing either.

I'm hoping that when its eventually given a release date my interest will peak again but I can't shake the feeling that too much time has passed.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Hopefully it'll come with the DLC as well, I presume the Switch version is being completed alongside the DLC so why not release them together as a bit of a selling point (as to be honest there'll be little other selling points for it when it does come out other than it being portable), I can really see it being cheaper to start with but that may irk some of the backers who have held out for the Switch version if (like myself) paid around £30 to back it only for it to be on general sale for £20.