Yooka-Laylee

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Re: Yooka-Laylee

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:32 am

Tried beating the final boss last night with my housemate. What a terrible final boss.

Didn't beat him, gave up because it's just frustratingly slow to reattempt it each time. The second stage especially just takes far too long.

I'm sort of doubtful I'll get the game on Switch now. Although if they make some improvements given the later release I might be tempted.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:44 am

This game is still hapening on the Switch then ( http://www.playtonicgames.com/greenandpurplepatch/ ), but still no sign of a firm release date anymore specific than "2017". I own the PS4 version but only put in a few hours as I wanted to play it properly on the Switch (this is one of the only games I've ever bought on two platforms). What I have played I've really enjoyed, this kind of game would be perfect on a portable device.

Do you think there will be much of a market for this on the Switch being released so long after the other consoles - I get the impression I'm a bit in the minority in waiting for the Switch / getting the game twice and feel this may sadly go a similar way that Watch Dogs did on the U :(

Even though this is an unofficial, spitual successor to an IP now owned by Microsoft produced by a different company under an unifiliated name to RARE and this was never even intended as Nintendo exclusive I still get more cognitive dissonance not playing Yooka on a Nintendo system than I do playing Sonic on a Nintendo machine.
"soylent green is people"

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:13 pm

I'm getting really fed up of waiting for this now.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Same here :( If I hadn't already backed it for Wii U which turned into a Switch version I'd have probably played it or not be bothered. It's kind of getting annoying that there seems to be nothing past a 2017 date for the Switch version.

It's not going to sell overly well now anyway with it coming out so much later after the other versions, but if this comes out after Mario Odyssey it'll probably do even worse. Given the choice (if you only had time/money for one) people are obviously going to choose Mario Odyssey over Yooka Laylee. Not that I'd blame them as if i were in a similar situation I'd be making the exact same choice.